Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
Is there a goon clan that isn’t full?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Books On Tape posted:

So should I not be using arc lash/chain lightning to level my sorc now? It finally clicked as a leveling build that felt good after trying a few other things out and now arc lash seems nerfed.

Play what’s fun to you. Who gives a poo poo if the skill got nerfed somewhat during leveling.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Technically the game isn't even released yet.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

George H.W. oval office posted:

Play what’s fun to you. Who gives a poo poo if the skill got nerfed somewhat during leveling.

I must play in the optimal fashion dictated to me by others.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

i dont think the previously rolled legendaries got changed. mine are still the old rolls and seem to function the same.

early access stays WINNING

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

CBD Corndog posted:

lmao this is just incoherent rambling, what season? We’re -2 days from launch.

WW Barb with the gloves gave like a 2200% damage bonus which led to D3 numbers. That poo poo needed to be smacked down to something reasonable and in-line with other classes. Crazy it even got this far but it is what it is.

Incoherent rambling? This is season 0! 😉

I dont mind the nerf to the [clearly broken] gloves, but they’ve had more than enough time to playtest and at this point they’re devaluing their player’s effort. I dont want to play the game too much now because if i find something that’s strong (fun), it may be randomly nerfed in the middle of the night.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

People looking up builds instead of just experimenting and having fun for a 2 day old game are legit loving weird

yeah this

equipped the unique from the end of the game, gambled a new wand, redid some affixes and gems and then steamrolled the capstone dungeon first try no deaths, felt very easy

didn't even notice the aspect of control nerf, but i wasn't even using it until today. wt3 and nightmare dungeons here we goo

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

explosivo posted:

I wish questing with a group was less of an annoyance. You don't get XP for completing or any way to track a quest that someone in your party is working on that you've already finished, which is not really that big of a deal I guess because you're still getting XP and loot on the way but even a simple quest sharing thing in the log that lets you share the objective with other party members would be really nice. Even if everyone is working on the same quest everybody still has to go through the same motions unless the objective is "kill x things" which seems to be shared amongst the party thankfully. I don't really want to do main questline stuff with friends because unless we're all on the exact same step the party leader is the only one getting credit for doing the quests. The party system just feels, like a lot of things in this game, a bit undercooked for what you'd hope in a new diablo with an MMO flair to it.

Yeah, I was hoping they'd have some miracle solution to making questing easier as a group. As it is now, I'll really only do quests with maybe one other person. Anything more and it gets too complicated. If we've got a party of 3 or 4, we're hitting the dungeons. Also half of my friend group is watching cutscenes and the other half is immediately skipping, so that's not compatible.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
How does this feel compared to the beta? I enjoyed the beta but not sure if I am willing to drop $60 right now for this.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

explosivo posted:

I wish questing with a group was less of an annoyance. You don't get XP for completing or any way to track a quest that someone in your party is working on that you've already finished, which is not really that big of a deal I guess because you're still getting XP and loot on the way but even a simple quest sharing thing in the log that lets you share the objective with other party members would be really nice. Even if everyone is working on the same quest everybody still has to go through the same motions unless the objective is "kill x things" which seems to be shared amongst the party thankfully. I don't really want to do main questline stuff with friends because unless we're all on the exact same step the party leader is the only one getting credit for doing the quests. The party system just feels, like a lot of things in this game, a bit undercooked for what you'd hope in a new diablo with an MMO flair to it.

I *think* this is a casualty of everyone seeing mobs of their own level. I'm not sure what this would look like if they did what you are suggesting. But it could be my very limited imagination.

My big complaint is no more power leveling. Today my son is giving me my Mother's Day present, a day playing D4. In D3 I'd have a character that's torment 6 plus and we could do some end game stuff together. Not anymore. He's going to be like level 1 and I'm level 30 and he'll see level 1 mobs and I'll see level 30 mobs and he won't progress any faster.

Not to say that I think it was a mistake to do it this way, just wish powerleveling was still a thing.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

wemgo posted:

I dont mind the nerf to the [clearly broken] gloves, but they’ve had more than enough time to playtest and at this point they’re devaluing their player’s effort

You can refund your effort with a single button press and put all that effort into another build.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Technically the game isn't even released yet.

The game launched 3 days ago. Just because it's called early access if someone doesn't spend the extra $20 doesn't mean it wasn't released. Don't fall for the marketing gimmick.

InventorOfTrees posted:

You can refund your effort with a single button press and put all that effort into another build.

Technically yes. However most builds are enabled by aspects. Some of which have abysmal drop rates. If you can't get your hands on a build defining aspect to switch to something else you are playing an drastically inferior product that can cut your efficiency by half or more. Example trampleslide.

That's without getting into builds that also require specific uniques to come online.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Zotix posted:

The game launched 3 days ago. Just because it's called early access if someone doesn't spend the extra $20 doesn't mean it wasn't released. Don't fall for the marketing gimmick.

Technically yes. However most builds are enabled by aspects. Some of which have abysmal drop rates. If you can't get your hands on a build defining aspect to switch to something else you are playing an drastically inferior product that can cut your efficiency by half or more. Example trampleslide.

That's without getting into builds that also require specific uniques to come online.

what build would require a unique lmao. theyre ultra rare drops. my retirement strategy relies on me winning the lottery.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
diablo characters:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This is the first game ever I think where the follow up optional conversations are really good

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

mbt posted:

what build would require a unique lmao. theyre ultra rare drops. my retirement strategy relies on me winning the lottery.

Stormwolf is one. Which is what a lot of druids will be switching to in the next couple of days. At least until blizzard nerfs that too. Cocaine bear also uses Vasilys and the bear chest piece that I can't think of the name.

inset
Sep 20, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Here's a fun feature, especially on HC:

If you click just below where the expand-chat-icon is, it will pop open the chat window, which will eat all your skill keybinds.

So make sure when you're running away from a scary elite to not click on that particular area of the screen

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

mbt posted:

Transitioning from Bone Spear to end-game Bone Spirit requires a unique chest

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

inset posted:

Here's a fun feature, especially on HC:

If you click just below where the expand-chat-icon is, it will pop open the chat window, which will eat all your skill keybinds.

So make sure when you're running away from a scary elite to not click on that particular area of the screen

would be a good bug report:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d4/c/bug-report/7

if I had any faith their QA actually read all those

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Druid and Barb 100% needed the nerfs.

Even with the nerfs, Pulverize Druid is still a loving monster. You just can’t one shot mobs in nightmare dungeons 15 levels higher than you while taking zero damage.

Bath with unique made Pulverize Druid look like complete trash by comparison.

Barb will be interesting to see what builds come out of the changes. Barb was virtually invincible in night dungeons and crushed anything with their unique. Almost every Barb I encountered in T3/T4 was whirlwind.

The 66% nerfs to glyphs overall feels pretty bad though. It’s a lot of dungeons to level glyph and then arranging points and boards to make the most of them.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Zotix posted:

Stormwolf is one. Which is what a lot of druids will be switching to in the next couple of days. At least until blizzard nerfs that too. Cocaine bear also uses Vasilys and the bear chest piece that I can't think of the name.

soscannonballs posted:

Transitioning from Bone Spear to end-game Bone Spirit requires a unique chest

sure, but this is in context of

Zotix posted:

If you can't get your hands on a build defining aspect to switch to something else you are playing an drastically inferior product that can cut your efficiency by half or more.

i would simply play another build than complain about playing a drastically inferior product

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I shall be... a Rogue!!!

I know its early, but hows netcode feeling so far? It was very rough in early D3 days.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Might the nice if there were a story thread and a gameplay thread, because people are casually spoiling things and some of us are playing the game slowly and helping all the little people of sanctuary with their little bullshit problems

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

JUNGLE BOY posted:

fuckin rob

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Seems like a lot of people here forget how broken a lot of early D2 and D3 were. I'd rather them get ahead of it now then in 6 months when we've all learned how to play a certain way.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Dandywalken posted:

I shall be... a Rogue!!!

I know its early, but hows netcode feeling so far? It was very rough in early D3 days.

during the betas it was kinda hosed up when you were transitioning between zones but there hasn't been any issues for anyone im playing with since the early access launch.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Yeah I get the impression these balance changes are from averaged data from tens of thousands of players, and blizz knows what they're doing.

When corpse explosion was extremely overpowered in the first beta weekend, it was hilarious as a player because of the power fantasy of it all, but you can imagine that ruins the end game once it scales up even more and you're one-shotting bosses.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

mbt posted:

i would simply play another build than complain about playing a drastically inferior product

Right the point is there aren't other solid builds to play if you don't already have hard to obtain aspects.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

smoobles posted:

Might the nice if there were a story thread and a gameplay thread, because people are casually spoiling things and some of us are playing the game slowly and helping all the little people of sanctuary with their little bullshit problems

Start one? I don't care about the story but I know others do and you'd probably get some people to discuss the game spoiler free.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Zotix posted:

Right the point is there aren't other solid builds to play if you don't already have hard to obtain aspects.

you're wrong

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

The Necessary Diablo Story thread that gets 1 post a month

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

smoobles posted:

Yeah I get the impression these balance changes are from averaged data from tens of thousands of players, and blizz knows what they're doing.

When corpse explosion was extremely overpowered in the first beta weekend, it was hilarious as a player because of the power fantasy of it all, but you can imagine that ruins the end game once it scales up even more and you're one-shotting bosses.

Excuse me I paid one hundred dollars to play this video game four days early and it's absolutely bullshit that corpse explosion only gives me 6 essence instead of 9. Completely unplayable

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Mooseontheloose posted:

How does this feel compared to the beta? I enjoyed the beta but not sure if I am willing to drop $60 right now for this.

You’re in luck!

It’s $70 :v:

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Don't worry, Blizzard games do go on sale. If you wait ~2 years you can grab it for $50 instead of $70

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

mbt posted:

you're wrong

Disagree

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

BULBASAUR posted:

Same. HC or bust

I know people have different preferences, but I feel I don't need the increase my blood pressure

Get it?

Because I'm a goon so I'm of course obese to the point of spherical.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

smoobles posted:

Eh just spoiler with which act you're referring too

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Stayed up till like 3am finishing off the campaign last night because it just goes full loving send from about the coffin bit onward and I couldn't bring myself to turn it off. I was pretty pumped about being able to crush the campaign and never do it again, but I'm legitimately amazed at how good it was, especially toward the end.

Can't believe I'm already hyped for a Blizzard expansion, for story reasons.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

mbt posted:

Thats cool but literally none of the other builds for my class are fun for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

There is a random side quest in Get Kul where you find a letter (rng), when you take it to the lady that's addressed, it's a bill.

lol