Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's really weird how the battery robot can just upgrade your battery pack for however many crystal charges you can afford.

But the fairies, Hetsu, and the statues make you go through each upgrade one at time.

I think because with batteries there's only one option but the others to have to choose something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Jose Oquendo posted:

I would recommend upgrading some outfits to level 2 for the bonuses:

Climbing
Rubber suit
flame breaker
snow quill
gliding suit
froggy
desert voe
any one of the many stealth sets

Those bonuses are extremely useful.

I would also recommend upgrading one of the following to max level:

Fierce Deity
Barbarian
Any of the suits based on previous versions of Link.

Any of those will give you huge attack bonuses.

thank you kindly!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Spanish Manlove posted:

yes, did you skip it?
on my current save yes, but not my first runthrough. i just do not recall hearing it at all!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Black Griffon posted:

Anyone got the text block posted earlier handy that showed all materials ever required for armor upgrades?

here:

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

How about the opposite, here's a list of every item that's needed for armor upgrades (pulled off a reddit comment)
It contains minor enemy-name spoilers.
And yup you need up to 665 amber for armor upgrades in this game.

code:
[snip]

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

Onean posted:

Maybe I came across a different shrine, but is it the one where you've got two bots and two spike walls right at the beginning? If so, there's a bunch of other bots and attachments scattered around the room. Stuff like a laser, cannon, both a freeze- and flamethrower, and some spiked balls. It only took a few minutes with all those, though I did have to step in a couple times to move the bots up and down the different heights since they don't have any intelligent pathfinding to use the ramps instead of bumping up against a wall.

I beat it by sending out the two bots with nothing, infused the two plates together and used them as a blinder while the two bots distracted the constructs. I grabbed the flame emitter on the left and attached it to the bot on that side and sent it down to also distract. Then I went to the highest point to grab the cannon. That was the only construct i killed myself up there. I just ultrahanded the cannon from up high and angled it at the cluster of constructs until they were gone. It took me a few tries going in and attacking first before I decided to sneak around and use the plates to hide myself.

How did people beat the Tukarok Shrine? I took the long stone piece and attached it to the end of the vehicle with the ball and tipped it up 90 degrees so I could grab it from the top of the ladder and carry it to the hole. I passed right by the climbing stairs and water wheel portion that everyone seems to have a problem with

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I wear armor for two things: defense, or a buff. After rank 2, you only get defense, so that's all but one armor you don't need to bring past level 2. Easy. Buffs should come from food, so just pick what buff you don't want 24/7 and let that be what you get for food. For me that was attack up, which just means your weapons last longer in practice but I can just fuse whatever horn to whatever garbage drops and be fine. Also bananas are a lot easier to get a whole bunch of than any defense boosting items, which aren't that hard either but bananas really are just everywhere, like the game spawns them next to you all the time even

The Gillman posted:

How did people beat the Tukarok Shrine? I took the long stone piece and attached it to the end of the vehicle with the ball and tipped it up 90 degrees so I could grab it from the top of the ladder and carry it to the hole. I passed right by the climbing stairs and water wheel portion that everyone seems to have a problem with

I made a little paddle boat by putting the boards on the side of the wheels with the now-depressed connection point. It just tootled along to the end, no fuss no muss

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 4, 2023

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I'm pretty sure the issue is "using 20-40 damage weapons against silvers", probably out of fear of wasting good weapons, to which the answer is stop being a hoarder and just loving find a good base and slap a Black/Silver tier mat to it, there's a million ways to make strong weapons and reuse stuff (pay to remove the mat from the weapon when almost broken, repair the weapon with a rock Octorock) or just abuse Puffshrooms and Eightfold Blades.

Like, if you're at the point Silvers are common then you're at the point you can make 80-120+ weapons easily.

Are my numbers different than yours, or are you counting other stuff in your math? If you had said 60 for a feasible attack value I’d believe you, but I don’t know how to make an 80-120+ weapon before counting bonuses like low-durability or Zora wetness, and I’m at 150/152 shrines.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I don't even remember Tukarok shrine being a particular hassle; I used Rewind to send the ball up the stair thing, and I think I just ignored the water altogether and put the planks across the barrier and slid the ball across.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Strong Fusion can get you there even with weapons that start out quite weak.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

CJacobs posted:

Yeah, strong fusion or Zora Wetness is a big boost in power. Also use strong base weapons like Gloom weapons from Phantom Ganon Once you have 40-55 base power mats it's pretty easy to have strong weapons.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

CJacobs posted:

Right, that’s a good example of something feasible to me because I have those things—not that combo exactly because I still need those silver horns for upgrading the basic armor set but I get what you mean. It was the mention of 80-120 that had me wondering if there was another material or base weapon I was missing that would take me up to those numbers.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

epic bacon posted:

upgrading armor seems very tedious. i haven't even bothered to "activate" the great fairies yet. i'm just fighting as stealthily as possible so i don't have to die all the time

upgrading most sets to level 2 is pretty easy, level 3 sets require you to go a bit more out of your way, it’s only really the level 4 ones that are bad and those are massive overkill that you’ll never actually need

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

Right, that’s a good example of something feasible to me because I have those things—not that combo exactly because I still need those silver horns for upgrading the basic armor set but I get what you mean. It was the mention of 80-120 that had me wondering if there was another material or base weapon I was missing that would take me up to those numbers.

I've gotten 70-90 a few times with really good gloom swords fused a Lynel horn or whatever.

There's one fight I don't remember where but you fight like 8 shadow dorfs at once and I got some of my highest weapons fusing glooms together lol.

45-60 is my most common average range though, and higher than that I hold for making quick work of bosses over using em on trash mobs.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

The annoying upgrades are the ones that ask for a specific tier of enemy horn, and it's been 90 hours since the last time you saw one of that type, while you're overflowing in top tier parts.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Pirate Radar posted:

I'll admit I am slightly biased because I did the Floating Colisseum in the depths pretty early and that gives the best weapon part in the game. But generally against Silver enemies at minimum you need a Silver part + either Gerudo or Zora or Gloom/special for decent damage. But to put it into perspective, one of the best combos available can kill a King Gleeok in like 2-3 knockdowns.

There's also another option in Molduga Jaws+attack food+ Bone Proficiency from Radiant/Evil Spirit armor sets since it all stacks and gives you ridiculous damage.

Edit: Also Eightfold Blade with the best part you have + Puffshrooms is way more effective than it should be, can deal massive damage even to Silvers.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Pirate Radar posted:

I'm currently working on getting the Gerudo Sword/Shield so I can attach as Silver Lynel horn to it and see how big the numbers can go :unsmigghh:

You can do pretty similar numbers if you've explored a good amount and found some of the unique weapons to fuse with, then you can just pop back over to a Bargainer Statue to get another copy. Dusk Claymore/Biggoron Sword + Silver Lynel Horn is pretty loving cool

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Gruckles posted:

The annoying upgrades are the ones that ask for a specific tier of enemy horn, and it's been 90 hours since the last time you saw one of that type, while you're overflowing in top tier parts.

IIRC none of the shines level scale so if you go into a proving grounds or one of the early tutorial area shrines the level one bots will still be there and refresh every blood moon.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I wish Tulin can lay on his back and flap his wings upwards.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If you attach a molduga jaw to a Zora weapon and then use a set with bone proficiency but then also get yourself wet, are you going to get both bonuses to stack?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

John Wick of Dogs posted:

If you attach a molduga jaw to a Zora weapon and then use a set with bone proficiency but then also get yourself wet, are you going to get both bonuses to stack?

It stacks with the royal guard passive so it stands to reason it'll stack with other weapon passives too.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Augus posted:

upgrading most sets to level 2 is pretty easy, level 3 sets require you to go a bit more out of your way, it’s only really the level 4 ones that are bad and those are massive overkill that you’ll never actually need

You could probably beat the game using level 2 or level 3 armor have a more fun & challenging time than if you got all level 4 armor. By the time you get level 4 anything a bunch of stuff is only really able to damage you by a quarter heart.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
If you're fighting silver enemies there's not much difference between level 2 armor and being naked. But you can beat them naked just fine, just don't get hit! Link has so many dirty tricks up his sleeve that those bokoblins are never even gonna get a chance to hit his shield.

Armor only really matters for bosses/minibosses that you can't trivialize with ice, shock, puffshrooms, bombs, 2handed running attacks that instantly ragdoll them, slowmo headshots knocking them on their rear end, etc

Sure sucks when an archer I didn't notice takes off 75% of my hp though.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I've found that I'm actually carrying around a full complement of elemental rods these days and the combo of lightning shock to make the silver drop their weapon -> frost to freeze them -> big meaty 2H hit -> 1-2 more combos is an easy and effective way of dealing with pretty much anything.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

If you're fighting silver enemies there's not much difference between level 2 armor and being naked. But you can beat them naked just fine, just don't get hit! Link has so many dirty tricks up his sleeve that those bokoblins are never even gonna get a chance to hit his shield.

Armor only really matters for bosses/minibosses that you can't trivialize with ice, shock, puffshrooms, bombs, 2handed running attacks that instantly ragdoll them, slowmo headshots knocking them on their rear end, etc

Sure sucks when an archer I didn't notice takes off 75% of my hp though.

I mean there is exactly six hearts worth of difference per hit on most types of armor

Mea Tulpa
Sep 4, 2006

With lv4 champion's leathers + amber/diamond earrings + soldier's greaves, silver lynels are doing about 2 hearts per hit. Most other enemies do a half or quarter.

I didn't do this (unfortunately) but for champion's leathers you can clear the korok forest fight, hold off on getting the master sword and use the handy quest marker to head to the light dragon for drops in between other stuff.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I just realized that the mines in the Depths don't have stairs. They're conveyor belts.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Mea Tulpa posted:

With lv4 champion's leathers + amber/diamond earrings + soldier's greaves, silver lynels are doing about 2 hearts per hit. Most other enemies do a half or quarter.

I didn't do this (unfortunately) but for champion's leathers you can clear the korok forest fight, hold off on getting the master sword and use the handy quest marker to head to the light dragon for drops in between other stuff.

Any reason you're doing this combo over a full set of barbarian / fierce deity?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
is being invincible to all normal enemy types not reason enough? 32 extra defence compared to barbarian armor is a big deal. they can just eat banana stew for bosses

the attack buff from barbarian/FD armor has a shared cap of lvl 3 with the food buff, so it won't increase your damage any further

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I just maxed out the sheika set and go whole hog on level 3 speed potions and run around at night, zoom zoom

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Appreciated!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

is there a good place to stock up on gibdo bones after fixing the Gerudo phenomenon? they’re great for shredding lynels

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Do hammer or crushing weapons do bonus damage against crystal weak points? Most of my one handed swords are at the same damage as the slower two handed hammers I have, so I'm wondering if they still serve a purpose besides mining, or spinning.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

is being invincible to all normal enemy types not reason enough? 32 extra defence compared to barbarian armor is a big deal. they can just eat banana stew for bosses

the attack buff from barbarian/FD armor has a shared cap of lvl 3 with the food buff, so it won't increase your damage any further

The 60 from FD seems to make me nearly invulnerable and the charge stamina thing lets me wipe bosses with spin2win. You always want attack buff up because some silver enemies have more HP than bosses. Not having to attack food means I can make speed food instead and speed is one of the best feeling buffs period. Would rather have persistent attack max over a defense stat. Plus even if you're idk tanking hits like it's WoW so your companions can do the fights, couldn't you just eat defense food by that same token?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I had a really good time finishing the fire temple- I'm still weirded out by Death Mountain not having lava everywhere after I've left though.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Given how much effort they put into this game and how much established space and background they have, Nintendo should probably have multiple seasons of DLC. There’s still a lot you can expand on, and it’d be an efficient use of existing resources for a year, maybe two.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

PageMaster posted:

Do hammer or crushing weapons do bonus damage against crystal weak points? Most of my one handed swords are at the same damage as the slower two handed hammers I have, so I'm wondering if they still serve a purpose besides mining, or spinning.

They do, yeah. Doesn't have to be two-handed, either, one-handers or spears with a blunt attachment (pounders/sledges, respectively) also do extra damage.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Pollyanna posted:

Given how much effort they put into this game and how much established space and background they have, Nintendo should probably have multiple seasons of DLC. There’s still a lot you can expand on, and it’d be an efficient use of existing resources for a year, maybe two.

They do still have two hearts worth of shrines to add to the game.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

Instructions unclear, announcing TloZ: Return of the King coming 2029

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Khanstant posted:

Instructions unclear, announcing TloZ: Return of the King coming 2029

That works too, honestly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Khanstant posted:

The 60 from FD seems to make me nearly invulnerable and the charge stamina thing lets me wipe bosses with spin2win. You always want attack buff up because some silver enemies have more HP than bosses. Not having to attack food means I can make speed food instead and speed is one of the best feeling buffs period. Would rather have persistent attack max over a defense stat. Plus even if you're idk tanking hits like it's WoW so your companions can do the fights, couldn't you just eat defense food by that same token?

A +50% damage bonus only makes battles shorter by a third. Depending on the enemy a 20 point defense bonus means attacks do up to 5 hearts less damage. Some of us suck at avoiding damage. Attack buffs help when you are attacking, but often you aren't attacking, you're just going somewhere, so defence buffs help you all the time.

Also that outfit setup doesn't look daft, and means you can swap in pieces of weak armour (like weather gear, fireproof stuff, thunder helm) to get their effects without (a) having to grind them up or (b) being at risk of being one-shot by everything. It's really easy to upgrade as well, because it demands moderate amounts of a bunch of different things, instead of ridiculous quantities of one thing.