Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Ytlaya posted:

drat, it's wild that it took you 12 years to finish the Diablo IV campaign

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

How do people do world bosses? I'm not seeing any notifications pop up. Are you supposed to follow a twitter account to know when they're available?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I feel like a lot of people regardless of OP build or not will feel like they aren’t murdering everything with impunity due to level scaling. The maxroll arc lash/chain lightening sorc build is one of the strongest and they’re saying it’s not good enough lol.

Play T1, murder everything easily. Bing bong so simple.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Sorc needs alot of buffs to poo poo like meteor blizzard orb, there's just no point to waste the limited amount of mana you have on them at this point

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Tiny Timbs posted:

How do people do world bosses? I'm not seeing any notifications pop up. Are you supposed to follow a twitter account to know when they're available?

lol

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Tiny Timbs posted:

I heard they become available/visible on the map once you've finished the campaign. I haven't, so I cannot confirm. Did you?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

No I haven't finished the campaign. I didn't know they were locked behind that

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Oenis posted:

I heard they become available/visible on the map once you've finished the campaign. I haven't, so I cannot confirm. Did you?

that can't be true, because people were doing one in beta

I'm not sure how to find them either

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

CLAM DOWN posted:

that can't be true, because people were doing one in beta

I'm not sure how to find them either

yuou cannot possibly be this stupid

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Maybe this is too early since it has that new paint smell still, but this is, to me, one of the best games Blizzard has ever put out. While I don’t think it pushed ARPGs in the same way maybe Diablo 2 did in its day- the level of detail, the music, the graphics, the story, even good NPC dialogue throughout…..

It bears repeating again, the MUSIC.

Taking away my nostalgia glasses, I can’t think of a better game Blizzard has made in at LEAST 20 years.

There might be some better moments in other games, and certainly the game is not perfect by any means (there’s still some QOL improvements that are needed badly like organizing gems, aspects etc)

But they knocked this poo poo out of the park. I was super nervous because Diablo 3’s story was so loving stupid and I’m very pleasantly surprised. I find myself NOT skipping dialogue for most quests.

Great job blizzard.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The music is good. Definitely turn down all the other volume sliders because it's super-quiet otherwise.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Stux posted:

yuou cannot possibly be this stupid

Dude, why are you being a jerk?

World bosses only spawn for you after the campaign. There’s notifications and stuff for them.

In the beta they spawned before the campaign was over for obvious reasons.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Doomykins posted:

The number of posters in this thread who're pushing the hardest content in the game 2 days after release is pretty wild. Y'all got streams?

As someone with a lot of kids and like maybe 3 hours of weekly video game time, I’m in awe at how fast people blast through new games. Most of the fun I have is the leveling process and constantly replacing gear.

I played WoW a long long time ago in my single years and spending hours grinding endgame so one person in the 40-group could upgrade their helmet was exhausting and made me appreciate the journey of leveling up way more.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

If my laptop is trash, should I get some budget tower or a ps5?

DarkLich
Feb 19, 2004
i have the poverty edition so i wont be playing til tomorrow

just discovered that witch doctor is gone. what is the best replacement? i assume necro but maybe sorc also has some fire bats or something?

Kin33
Jul 3, 2007

Where is your god now?

J posted:

I thought it was real odd how Neyrelle puts Mephisto in the soulstone and he says good job you all just hosed up then Neyrelle casually smiles at the PC and strolls through a red portal with Mephisto's wolf chilling in it. Real trustworthy portal you got right there??

This made me wtf more than anything else in the campaign.

I legit thought she was gonna turn around, give me the finger, and tell me she was playing me all along when she walked into that portal with no second thoughts. But I guess mephisto is just a chill dude who wants to help her get out after literally imprisoning him in a soulstone? What? I guess he plans to corrupt her and escape which is showing a lot more temperance and forethought than the usual blizzard cartoon villains. I would expect the lord of hatred to be raging over having his plans foiled instead of just going with the flow.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i started a necro after beating the campaign with a barb and I'm having a lot more fun as a necro

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Kin33 posted:

I legit thought she was gonna turn around, give me the finger, and tell me she was playing me all along when she walked into that portal with no second thoughts. But I guess mephisto is just a chill dude who wants to help her get out after literally imprisoning him in a soulstone? What? I guess he plans to corrupt her and escape which is showing a lot more temperance and forethought than the usual blizzard cartoon villains. I would expect the lord of hatred to be raging over having his plans foiled instead of just going with the flow.

if he doesnt lilith is going to be there in two seconds to get his rear end?? why wouldnt he lol

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
so is RMAH next patch or....?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I picked druid initially because I wanted to be a cool werewolf and slash people but every legendary I've found has had affixes to buff Earth skills so I've spent the past 20 levels rolling boulders at people and it's pretty fun. Wouldn't have probably ever tried this spec if not for that.

Kin33
Jul 3, 2007

Where is your god now?

Stux posted:

if he doesnt lilith is going to be there in two seconds to get his rear end?? why wouldnt he lol

He could have teleported her to anywhere instead of to safety. Trapped in an old musty tomb where she can live in torment while being corrupted. A den of cultists. etc.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Kin33 posted:

You don't like to pet doggies?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Kin33 posted:

Diablo is more the :argh: type. Baal is cheeky and likes war and causing a ruckus, Mephisto is the chill mastermind type.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Injuryprone posted:

If my laptop is trash, should I get some budget tower or a ps5?

I’d get a ps5 given that choice, assuming you have a decent TV.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Hey thread, I've been debating what version to pick, PC (mine is fairly old), Xbox Series or PS4/5 (PS4 currently and will get a PS5 after the summer hopefully). How well does it run on a fairly old PC (i7 2600k, 16Gb ram and a 1080Ti) and if there's any difference in controls between PC and consoles like the dodge roll on Diablo 3.

How does it run on PS4? 1080p/30fps? And on Xbox Series S 1080p/60fps? In case my PC is too old for it.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Guillermus posted:

Hey thread, I've been debating what version to pick, PC (mine is fairly old), Xbox Series or PS4/5 (PS4 currently and will get a PS5 after the summer hopefully). How well does it run on a fairly old PC (i7 2600k, 16Gb ram and a 1080Ti) and if there's any difference in controls between PC and consoles like the dodge roll on Diablo 3.

How does it run on PS4? 1080p/30fps? And on Xbox Series S 1080p/60fps? In case my PC is too old for it.

Keep in mind that the PC requirements include an SSD. Naturally that doesn't mean it won't run on an HDD but you're going to have a ton of lag. Runs great on Xbox Series S.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Mayveena posted:

I’d get a ps5 given that choice, assuming you have a decent TV.

It would be hooked up to a 10 year old 23" monitor in my garage.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

George H.W. oval office posted:

I feel like a lot of people regardless of OP build or not will feel like they aren’t murdering everything with impunity due to level scaling. The maxroll arc lash/chain lightening sorc build is one of the strongest and they’re saying it’s not good enough lol.

Play T1, murder everything easily. Bing bong so simple.

I've given up on having this feeling and just stuck to "which options give me the fastest kill". I went back to necro after my sorc hit the "can no longer nuke enemies" level of scaling and being able to toss out attacks while my skeletons screen might not be the fastest move in the world but it isn't like I have to kite all over the map either.

Summon heavy necro is pretty funny for the action bar. I have summon skeletons, summon golem, corpse explosion, and then one builder and one spender. It's bordering on an "in-action" bar.

E. Looking over some of the "top build" guides, am I missing something or are people choosing more active skills than they have room on their action bar because they just don't like respeccing when they want to swap out?

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jun 4, 2023

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Is the performance of the game pretty consistent throughout or is there one area that really hammers things more?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i started a necro after beating the campaign with a barb and I'm having a lot more fun as a necro

Yeah I was about 20 on mine and watched some youtube where the guy was like "you don't understand the penalty you are paying for being melee" and now I'm running a blight necro and it's night and day. I'm just melting poo poo, I have lots of buttons to push, and no shouts.

I played a few seasons of DIII so I'm well used to mouse controls but man I really like using the controller. Ideally they'll add wasd movement, but I've always hated doing boss mechanics with click-to-move

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Mayveena posted:

Keep in mind that the PC requirements include an SSD. Naturally that doesn't mean it won't run on an HDD but you're going to have a ton of lag. Runs great on Xbox Series S.

Oh yeah, I have 3 SSD SATA3 on my PC, that's not an issue (not NVMe sadly). Motherboard/CPU are super old but the rest are fairly new.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

zoux posted:

Yeah I was about 20 on mine and watched some youtube where the guy was like "you don't understand the penalty you are paying for being melee"

jfc lol

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

CuddleCryptid posted:

E. Looking over some of the "top build" guides, am I missing something or are people choosing more active skills than they have room on their action bar because they just don't like respeccing when they want to swap out?

Some aspects do an ability without you have to cast it. Like Necro gets Aspect of Explosive Mist which "triggers Corpse Explosion on surrounding corpses". You are not picking Corpse Explosion but anything that will affect Corpse Explosion will affect this auto-cast including other aspects like
code:
[Codex of Power]:
	[Offensive]:
		[Black River (Unique 1H Scythe)]: Corpse Explosion consumes up to 4.0 additional Corpses around the initial Corpse, dealing x{122/130}% increased damage and with a {21/25}% larger radius per additional Corpse.
		[Howl from Below (Unique Gloves)]: Instead of detonating immediately, Corpse Explosion summons a Volatile Skeleton that charges at a random enemy and explodes. Corpse Explosion's damage is increased by x{30/40}%.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Raged posted:

Has anyone else had trouble findings some of their aspect dungeons? I know the location of the Dark Ravine dungeon in act 3 and have finished act 3 but when I go there there is no symbol on the map and no dungeon entrance. I know other people have been able to get to it so I'm stumped.

Edit: closing diablo & Bnet fixed it.

I an doing chain lightning sorc and missed the actual, literal in the name chain lightning in act 1 aspect until I double checked a guide to see what a good build was around level 20

Turns out don’t do crackling energy and also don’t miss the chain lightning aspect. Good build tho

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

melee in an arpg is always going to be weaker but also it's fun

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

I just rolled a barb and it's pretty okay, not usually my class but hey.

Are these nerfs bad enough for me to give my necro a shot? I've wanted to play him but it seems like he's shat on.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I kinda wish this game had some sort of extra class. The only current class that really fits well with my preferred playstyle/aesthetic is Sorcerer. Something like Monk (or to a lesser extent Paladin) would have been nice. IIRC I played a Monk in D3. It seems a little weird that Necromancer is (I think) the only class that can use a shield.

Barbarian is probably the second most appealing among the current options. I like how swole your character looks.

I also really like the aesthetics of Rogue (the Rogue character I created is probably the coolest looking), but I'm mixed about the playstyle.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

hawowanlawow posted:

melee in an arpg is always going to be weaker but also it's fun

no

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

somnambulist posted:

Maybe this is too early since it has that new paint smell still, but this is, to me, one of the best games Blizzard has ever put out. While I don’t think it pushed ARPGs in the same way maybe Diablo 2 did in its day- the level of detail, the music, the graphics, the story, even good NPC dialogue throughout…..

It bears repeating again, the MUSIC.

Taking away my nostalgia glasses, I can’t think of a better game Blizzard has made in at LEAST 20 years.

There might be some better moments in other games, and certainly the game is not perfect by any means (there’s still some QOL improvements that are needed badly like organizing gems, aspects etc)

But they knocked this poo poo out of the park. I was super nervous because Diablo 3’s story was so loving stupid and I’m very pleasantly surprised. I find myself NOT skipping dialogue for most quests.

Great job blizzard.

no I'm in this camp too, I finished it last night and it stomped my pretty reserved expectations

gotta go play more, demons aren't going to smash themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
I'm having fun with the aspect of having a whole bunch of minions to cause chaos and do the grunt work, but holy poo poo is the necro weak as gently caress. Is that an aberration or blizzard nerfing as expected/intended?