Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

This far along in the game, I just found the questline in Lookout Landing where the Monster Control Crew wants you to go tag-and-bag some Boss Fights for them.

Gralens' face when he's basically saying "okay, so we got a Stone Talos, a Hinox, a Construct, a Gl....what do you mean you've already killed these things" :allears:

e: I've found, and lit up, every single Lightroot that I can find in the game. I was under the impression there would be a reward for doing it, but I'm not sure where/how I'd find that. I triple-checked the map, and I've got everything laid out. Are there any particularly sneaky ones or another one I haven't touched yet that would be by the final boss fight?

e: Oh goddammit nevermind, I found it. There was one more hiding in a tiny little corner next to Tarrey Town.

bawk fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jun 4, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Are the shrines in korok/lost woods just locked behind arbitrary conversations? I've already cleared the gloom, and I can see them, but I just can't get to them without getting warped back to the deku tree. If I'm supposed to just find a different way to travel, cool. If i'm just gated from them because the game wants me to talk to some random Korok first then I know to stop trying and just look it up now.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

PageMaster posted:

Are the shrines in korok/lost woods just locked behind arbitrary conversations? I've already cleared the gloom, and I can see them, but I just can't get to them without getting warped back to the deku tree. If I'm supposed to just find a different way to travel, cool. If i'm just gated from them because the game wants me to talk to some random Korok first then I know to stop trying and just look it up now.

They're locked behind quests like in BotW, talk to the "chief" Korok right in front to the Deku tree so the koroks at the ways give you the quests.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

PageMaster posted:

Are you talking about the korok shrine quests? The deku tree tells you "hey, follow the lights to talk to the koroks that need help"

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Here's the spreadsheet that has what you need for each armor upgrade and the total materials you need

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1an06KpSDgW0MLfFs346EOXXBhElYuzTvPhdxXp6T8Hs/edit#gid=0

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

bawk posted:

e: I've found, and lit up, every single Lightroot that I can find in the game. I was under the impression there would be a reward for doing it, but I'm not sure where/how I'd find that. I triple-checked the map, and I've got everything laid out. Are there any particularly sneaky ones or another one I haven't touched yet that would be by the final boss fight?

e: Oh goddammit nevermind, I found it. There was one more hiding in a tiny little corner next to Tarrey Town.

I hope you found the reward meaningful and worthwhile!

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009

pentyne posted:

Are you talking about the korok shrine quests? The deku tree tells you "hey, follow the lights to talk to the koroks that need help"

Yes, those. I thought I was being smart by tagging locations above light roots to check shrines there. For a game that just let me stumble into the master sword, I assumed the game just wanted me to get a little more creative in how i'm traveling (similar to how I got to the forest in the first place), and didn't think they they would be locked behind a quest until now because I could already see them from the right spots.

Edit: turns out I had to talk to Maca before I would be able to drop to the shrine from the sky.

PageMaster fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jun 4, 2023

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Frankston posted:

I hope you found the reward meaningful and worthwhile!

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

jackofarcades posted:

Here's the spreadsheet that has what you need for each armor upgrade and the total materials you need

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1an06KpSDgW0MLfFs346EOXXBhElYuzTvPhdxXp6T8Hs/edit#gid=0

Now what I really need is a sheet that lets me check off a certain tier to subtract the amount required for that upgrade from the total. Guess it's time to learn excel!

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Anyone know a good mining machine idea for the heavy zonite deposits? Bomb flowers do the trick but I like keeping them for fights.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Zonai cannon on a stick or spear?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Waffleopolis posted:

Anyone know a good mining machine idea for the heavy zonite deposits? Bomb flowers do the trick but I like keeping them for fights.

Just use that sage ability to bust rocks. Takes a while because of the cool down though.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Fangz posted:

A +50% damage bonus only makes battles shorter by a third. Depending on the enemy a 20 point defense bonus means attacks do up to 5 hearts less damage. Some of us suck at avoiding damage. Attack buffs help when you are attacking, but often you aren't attacking, you're just going somewhere, so defence buffs help you all the time.

Also that outfit setup doesn't look daft, and means you can swap in pieces of weak armour (like weather gear, fireproof stuff, thunder helm) to get their effects without (a) having to grind them up or (b) being at risk of being one-shot by everything. It's really easy to upgrade as well, because it demands moderate amounts of a bunch of different things, instead of ridiculous quantities of one thing.

Gotcha, I can see the mindset if being hit often is a problem.

I'd trade 3/4 my armour for a bigger attack buff but they don't have a glass cannon option unfortunately. You can be glass or you can be tank, no in between, damage same with banana tax or armor.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Actually a set of gloom Ganon armor that buffs your attack further than normal but at cost of weapons having gloom self damage debuff. I'd wear that, I love the risk-reward of gloom weapons as is, especially in underground fights.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Waffleopolis posted:

Ever find the Instant Canon plan? I just use that, only costs 9 zonite and it clears it out in a few shots.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I heard a rumor online that there's a bokoblin somewhere in Akkala that will talk to you if you are wearing the Bokoblin mask, so I've been running around the region with the mask on. Few little things I love so far:

When you wear one of the disguise masks, Link's usual huffs and puffs get changed to match the noises that the enemy makes normally. Hauling rear end through the grasslands making little Bokoblin grunts is hilarious.

The Bokoblin mask fools not only the regular Bokoblins of all types, but also the Boss Bokoblins as well.

I just wandered into a silver Boss Bokoblin walking around with a gaggle of blue Bokoblins while it was raining. I walked up to them to see what would happen, they all surrounded me and started sniffing me. I noticed that my sword was starting to spark because there was a thunderstorm, so I threw a Muddle Bud down on the ground to confuse them all into fighting each other while I backed up/switched gear. The Boss Bokoblin took a wide swing with his Royal Claymore, killing all of the blue Bokoblins with one swing and then promptly got one-shot by a lightning strike. :allears:

I love this game so much

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

bawk posted:

I heard a rumor online that there's a bokoblin somewhere in Akkala that will talk to you if you are wearing the Bokoblin mask

What the gently caress? :stare:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
There's also the Mudcrab merchant who only talks to you if you're the nerevarine

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Thank you TotK for bringing back unverified internet rumors

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Bokoblin is real 2401

Enter akkala region when the hour and minute hands are both at 2!!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Boycott every gerudo store. Throw every gerudo pot. Steal every gerudo rupee. Desecrate every gerudo grave. Gender equality for all. Maybe if these dames treated fellas w a little respect they wouldn’t raise Hitler every 100 years

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Sorry but pretty sure Ganon reincarnating periodically is because of a toxic masculine conflict at the beginning of time. Plus Gerudo consistently rank highest of every happiness index survey

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

That DICK! posted:

Boycott every gerudo store. Throw every gerudo pot. Steal every gerudo rupee. Desecrate every gerudo grave. Gender equality for all. Maybe if these dames treated fellas w a little respect they wouldn’t raise Hitler every 100 years

tHeYrE JuSt FoLlOwInG bIoLoGiCaL tRuThS

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
The more you think about how Gerudo society actually works, the more your head hurts.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

175 hours in and still haven't found the climber's bandana :mad:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/tai_totk/status/1665327619255185412?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

Factory farming comes to hyrule

Mea Tulpa
Sep 4, 2006

Khanstant posted:

Any reason you're doing this combo over a full set of barbarian / fierce deity?

The attack buff from those sets doesn't stack with food. I have a lot of bananas in my inventory, so I use those instead. The upgrade paths for barbarian/fierce deity take more work imo. Diamond earrings also give you a low level attack boost.

Granted if max attack was the goal, I'd be using one of the bone proficiency up sets and attack meals. Nothing in the game really needs that level of offense.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I wish materials had an option to favorite specific materials for easier access when needing to throw/fuse/drop. Most Used helps but some stuff I'd still like easier access too, like wood and flint.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Very late-game gripe:

So...there's just actually not a fifth dungeon? What the hell, game :psyduck:

I thought the boss was gonna run away partway through like in the Gerudo one, and I'd have another temple to go through, but nope. And the boss fight wasn't even anything, it's so broken to flamethrower that it didn't even get any attacks in, just hit with flames and punched into the barbed wire over and over.

I shouldn't be that upset, I was only expecting four temples in the game anyway. But every mention I've seen of the spirit temple, and going in exactly like it's going to be another one, it all got me excited. And then, basically nothing. Would've been better just to lead from the start with "this evil robot stole my tear, we have to go punch it" :sigh:

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

Very late-game gripe:

I thought the boss was gonna run away partway through like in the Gerudo one, and I'd have another temple to go through, but nope. And the boss fight wasn't even anything, it's so broken to flamethrower that it didn't even get any attacks, just hit with flames and punched into the barbed wire over and over.

I shouldn't be that upset, I was only expecting four temples in the game anyway. But every mention I've seen of the spirit temple, and going in exactly like it's going to be another one, it all got me excited. And then, basically nothing. :sigh:

I mean there is one? You just did 4 puzzles immediately before it

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Rand Brittain posted:

The more you think about how Gerudo society actually works, the more your head hurts.

It worries me that you can never find where the husbands live in Breath of the Wild.

Goddammit brain why you always gotta overthink stuff?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

text editor posted:

I mean there is one? You just did 4 puzzles immediately before it

I dunno, I guess it's all in the framing. Those were fun, and there was some good leadup to getting there. It's just that I've had "Spirit Temple" in my mind for a couple weeks now, and I did this whole section basically anticipating it as the cherry on top of everything before I get to Ganon. I guess that's partly on me, but I just wish they'd only had a fifth sage and never mentioned a temple.

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Very late-game gripe:

I thought the boss was gonna run away partway through like in the Gerudo one, and I'd have another temple to go through, but nope. And the boss fight wasn't even anything, it's so broken to flamethrower that it didn't even get any attacks in, just hit with flames and punched into the barbed wire over and over.

I shouldn't be that upset, I was only expecting four temples in the game anyway. But every mention I've seen of the spirit temple, and going in exactly like it's going to be another one, it all got me excited. And then, basically nothing. Would've been better just to lead from the start with "this evil robot stole my tear, we have to go punch it" :sigh:

You did a dungeon (the best in the game), then a long walk to its boss fight.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Runcible Cat posted:

It worries me that you can never find where the husbands live in Breath of the Wild.

Goddammit brain why you always gotta overthink stuff?

Turns out Gerudo are like praying mantises. Hudson is a very lucky man

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Captain Hygiene posted:

I dunno, I guess it's all in the framing. Those were fun, and there was some good leadup to getting there. It's just that I've had "Spirit Temple" in my mind for a couple weeks now, and I did this whole section basically anticipating it as the cherry on top of everything before I get to Ganon. I guess that's partly on me, but I just wish they'd only had a fifth sage and never mentioned a temple.

I managed to navigate through the dragonhead islands without clearing the storm first and just figuring out where I was supposed to go based on the outline of the rain splashes with almost no visibility and then stumbling on the big door. I know it wasn't the 'intended' solution but for me at least it made it feel more like a leadup to a dungeon than if I had probably cleared the storm first

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Black Griffon posted:

Now what I really need is a sheet that lets me check off a certain tier to subtract the amount required for that upgrade from the total. Guess it's time to learn excel!

I tried to get chatgpt to do this for me and I'm failing miserably. I thought this poo poo was supposed to save us.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
After being bit meh about this for the last few weeks (probably didn't help that I replayed BOTW just before this came out), I put eight hours into this today and am pretty much hooked. Done the bird and fish dungeon and have now set foot in the depths properly and finally got the Autobuild . Hopefully that will make things a bit easier because I'm still finding building and rotating stuff a bit of a ballache.

Couple of questions:

How many shrines are there?

Are there fewer Korok seeds in this? It feels like there are, but I've just been ignoring the lads who have lost their friend, which may bump it up.

Addison is the best character.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/yukino_san_14/status/1665350016880328704?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

Swimming date with Purah

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

I managed to navigate through the dragonhead islands without clearing the storm first and just figuring out where I was supposed to go based on the outline of the rain splashes with almost no visibility and then stumbling on the big door. I know it wasn't the 'intended' solution but for me at least it made it feel more like a leadup to a dungeon than if I had probably cleared the storm first

doing the stuff to clear the storm is in itself a lead up to the dungeon as much as if you navigate it blind, maybe moreso

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Beat the story. I liked the ending but I think story isn't this game's strong suit, mostly because it has to account for you seeing the sage cutscenes in any order(and in the Dragon's Tears case not accounting for that at all). Still better than BotW's story though.