Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Paper Tiger posted:

Aww, it has the sniffles :(

So happy these Brazilian vids fill the gap created by banned Russian dashcams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

bird with big dick posted:

I thought it was too for a second but if you go frame by frame it's there and intact until he hits.

It was probably stage glass designed to shatter instantly and completely at the slightest impact

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Guyver posted:

We literally murdered all the larger predators in north America to near extinction. They're only coming back because we're letting them.

Rattlesnakes hate being around people and black widows live in dark holes so don't stick your hand somewhere you can't see.

And you missed brown recluses which is every tan spider to idiots that don't know any better.

It was a facetious question. The venomous animals are all timid and/or live where people don't (in the desert or in the warmer seas). The Sydney funnel-web spider bites rather than retreating but has killed all of 13 people, none of those since the development of the antivenom in 1981.

Australians are pretty much all clueless urban-dwelling dipshits, if this was actually a dangerous country we'd all be dead.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
That car looks like a dog when you've just suddenly dropped like 5 inches. It's loving go time man.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Paper Tiger posted:

Aww, it has the sniffles :(

This is NOT cute, cars only do this when they are very distressed

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

This is how I cry at funerals.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rvpxgsLwtx1r0uzl6.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rvpx7vvI851r0uzl6.mp4
i think they throw the kid to the other boat because they know they will most likely capsize getting off the rock, and its safer for the kid not to go in the water.
why a little kid is on a boat in dangerous rapids is a different question

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

"ekuNNN" posted:

Most parents these days seem more preoccupied with getting good Instagram shots than making sure their children live.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Is this the torment nexus

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

ekuNNN posted:

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rvpxgsLwtx1r0uzl6.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rvpx7vvI851r0uzl6.mp4
i think they throw the kid to the other boat because they know they will most likely capsize getting off the rock, and its safer for the kid not to go in the water.

Good solid “sack of flour” child-flinging form on display there, lol

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

ilmucche posted:

Is this the torment nexus

At last!

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

if you're cold, they're cold. bring them in.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

prisoner of waffles posted:

Good solid “sack of flour” child-flinging form on display there, lol

Is it safe to throw a child like that?

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Nebrilos posted:

I think that your particular throwing form is kind of a secondary consideration to "hurling your child over a raging river" when it comes to safety.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Nebrilos posted:

If you’re at the point where you’re considering throwing a child, you should probably reconsider everything that’s led you up to that moment.

Especially if throwing the kid is the best course of action.

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

Nebrilos posted:

I think in general throwing a child (vs giving them a boost as they jump) is not a great idea as they may not brace their bodies against the acceleration and deceleration.

The specific form on display has the kid’s head very exposed as they spin, making a head impact or wrench on the neck with deceleration more likely to my eyes

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Not to mention he throws the kid by gripping the life-jacket. Kid coulda shlooped right outta that thing like a hot-dog out of a bun, and gone straight into the water.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
He throws that kids like that one gif with the raccoon.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

As an experienced thrower of children, let me tell you that was very poor form for the following detailed reasons:

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Serjeant Buzfuz posted:

As an experienced thrower of children, let me tell you that was very poor form for the following detailed reasons:

Child Thrower was a respected position in the community in European cities between the years 1600-1700.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jun 5, 2023

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Vakal posted:

Child Thrower was a respected position in the community in Europe cities between the years 1600-1700.

Bolt Thrower's less popular spinoff band

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Vakal posted:

Child Thrower was a respected position in the community in European cities between the years 1600-1700.

We know, we've heard the story of how bowling was invented a hundred times

2Fast2Nutricious
Oct 4, 2020

mobby_6kl posted:

Bolt Thrower's less popular spinoff band

Bolt Thrower Kidz Bob Edition

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
When you're white water rafting you grab people out of the water by their life vests. For the same reason that you don't grab a person directly out of water, he was probably right that was the most reliable way to get them to the other boat.

You're both soaking wet and your hands will likely slip.

Also they were definitely flipping off that rock. Whether the child should have been there in the first place v:shepface:v

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Mr. Crow posted:

When you're white water rafting you grab people out of the water by their life vests. For the same reason that you don't grab a person directly out of water, he was probably right that was the most reliable way to get them to the other boat.

You're both soaking wet and your hands will likely slip.

Also they were definitely flipping off that rock. Whether the child should have been there in the first place v:shepface:v

Looks like the kid was stranded, the rescuing boat got pushed into the rocks, and they couldn't risk getting free with the kid onboard.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

GotLag posted:

It was a facetious question. The venomous animals are all timid and/or live where people don't (in the desert or in the warmer seas). The Sydney funnel-web spider bites rather than retreating but has killed all of 13 people, none of those since the development of the antivenom in 1981.

Australians are pretty much all clueless urban-dwelling dipshits, if this was actually a dangerous country we'd all be dead.
Yeah my understanding is the reason there's actually so few deaths attributed to the blue ring octopus is people usually aren't in their environment and when we are, they're actually very docile. They have the confidence of knowing their bite makes things go the gently caress away, after all. That's probably why the person in the gif could handle that one at all and be fine, the octopus was curious, not feeling threatened. That said, it's not a good idea to handle them at all because the consequences for missing their distress signal is so severe. I dunno what waving a citrus fruit around them was supposed to accomplish, either.

So basically animals like blue-ringed octopi are given warnings disproportionate to their actual recorded human death count because part of the way that death count is kept low is if people know not to play with them if they notice one of the octopi nearby. It's also specifically a bite that does it and their mouth is hidden under their body, you're not going to get bitten just swimming by one.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

Platystemon posted:

He throws that kids like that one gif with the raccoon.

Hahahaha, I was sitting here thinking "this reminds me of something...what is it...".
Thank you.

Edit: For anyone who hasn't see it 8000 times:
https://i.imgur.com/DqDS9Np.mp4

Just another shift in the raccoon-throwing factory.

aas Bandit fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jun 5, 2023

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/671470027467259940/1115161508838649936/Videocontainsmusic_3a1b9e_10583555.mp4

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

what is that, aircraft remover?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://i.imgur.com/9CNoBwO.mp4

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Shouldn't have had that taco bell.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Shitter's full.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

That's weird, the river usually gets off on the 9th floor.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Icon Of Sin posted:

If you’re at the point where you’re considering throwing a child, you should probably reconsider everything that’s led you up to that moment.

Especially if throwing the kid is the best course of action.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

children are meant to be thrown. they're built for it

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Kith posted:

If they didn’t want to be thrown they’d be bigger

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Kith posted:

So few people know how to use baby slings correctly.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/ukrTC1Q.mp4

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

promote that dog to foreman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU