Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004
I cant think of anything to put here.

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

you can BUY keys for those chests? drat

Where have you seen chests? I have a stack of keys expecting to find them but there is none around!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

They're pretty uncommon, I've only seen maybe 4 on my mid-50s character

And the keys can be bought from obol vendors

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Has anyone got a unique from obols? I've bought so many with no luck.

Just vendored my +3 ww gloves and had to log off for a bit.

Echo of Lilith is lvl 100 and she steps on you, so something for everyone.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

you can BUY keys for those chests? drat

The person who trades you random items for obols that could be junk to legendary sells them.

The very last item listed if you scroll down.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

BabyRyoga posted:

Should share the most important thing i've discovered today:

When upgrading gear, going from level 4>5 is essentially a larger upgrade than all of 1-4 total in some cases. If you have an item with skill upgrades, EVERY SKILL on the item will be increased by 1.

That depends on the starting point actually. First 3 upgrades are very cheap, so if you're within 15 item power, definitely do it. If you're within 25 item power, think hard if it's worth the mats.

The break points are here, and these are what controls the big power jump you mention:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

faantastic posted:

Yes. Seems similar to d3

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Vasudus posted:

Things I miss from Path of Exile: depth with the skill tree, minimap overlay, item filters. That’s it.

For real, and I feel like skill tree/complexity is going to get amped up over time naturally

Item filters would be killer though, the rare sorting is extremely silly rn - not onerous, but silly

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

faantastic posted:

The fact that you have to specifically flag what you want to 'junk' rather than flag what you want to keep is so asinine. Several of the UI decisions in the game seem completely backwards to how they should work.

Having to hold down the button (on controller at least) to respec a single node on the tree, but press once to unspec the entire tree, is another braindead one.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

96 spacejam posted:

What build have you Necro's rocked while leveling? I perfer not being a pure summoner. How is Blight CE? I think that's my style.

Extremely strong through the first 30 levels. You can make so many corpses that I didnt have a builder on my bars for a bit, but the guaranteed corpse from Reap is too good, i wasnt that impressed with golem, and I’m melting maps with Blight, CE, and tentacles anyway

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Time to get Diablo IV on the Steam Deck. I can only poop into socks so much at my desk. Now to do it on the couch, and in bed.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

faantastic posted:

Is Echo of Lilith a rematch with campaign boss version with new stuff?

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Geez the story was great. Fantastic poo poo.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
my fireball/hydra/blizzard sorc is really starting to hit a wall now that i'm at 40. what're the skills i'm supposed to be using

bigDninja
Jul 31, 2011
Phew. Officially feeling it after playing all weekend. I’ve really enjoyed the game so far until I’m doing the mission to activate the next world tier and it’s truly a grind.

Time to do something else for a few days.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

site posted:

my fireball/hydra/blizzard sorc is really starting to hit a wall now that i'm at 40. what're the skills i'm supposed to be using

Don't look so much at your skills, as your stats. Make sure they are really complimenting your skills, and that your gear is also complimenting your skills too. Your goal should be all legendary's because then you can put aspects on them. Make sure you're filling out your renown in each region as well, that is a bunch of extra skill points, potions, and paragon points.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
The cinematic where you enter Lower Cerrigar with Doran reliably causes a hard reboot for me. Aces.
Gonna see if I can mash ESC fast enough I guess.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

I’m sorry I was on hard drugs most of the weekend but was diablo even mentioned except in conversation that he was also a prime evil there in act 6?

That was his skeleton there at the end right?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

mst4k posted:

Geez the story was great. Fantastic poo poo.

My favorite part was when they brought back Meshif just to kill another person off from Diablo 2 :rolleyes:

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

site posted:

I can attest that unstable currents is a lot of fun though its on a minute long cooldown or so. On the bigger bosses though it feels like a lot of running around waiting for it to come back. I used it for acts 1 and 2, tried fire and ice for a while in act 3, then came back to lightning for 4+ so far.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

FFT posted:

That's a PvP zone.

no, DARK red, not light red. Sometimes zones are dark red like they should be for the helltide, but it doesnt actually have the event.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

site posted:

Those 3 abilities have no real multiplicative growth and fall off rapidly as you've noticed. There is probably a reasonable fireball build possible but it's pretty much just builds entirely focused around:

-ice shards + frost nova and all the mana skill tree synergies, the ice shards enchantment, and +damage to cc and, later, cooltown reduction

-arc lash with stun synergies and the ult. You can mix it up by including chain lightning

-firewall + it's obvious synergies and enchantments

There is potential for other builds but they will be hugely shaped by hard-to-get gear synergies to reduce cooldowns and let you cast them a lot
I think sorc is uniquely in poor shape this way with 70% of the skills being unusable at a baseline at the start of WT3 but there's hope for experimentation

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

mst4k posted:

I’m sorry I was on hard drugs most of the weekend but was diablo even mentioned except in conversation that he was also a prime evil there in act 6?

That was his skeleton there at the end right?

There is a point in Act 3 where the three wolves are eating the sacrifice and it's Mephisto, Diablo, and Baal as they're reforming.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Doe anyone else playing on steam deck get really long load times?

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Dameius posted:

There is a point in Act 3 where the three wolves are eating the sacrifice and it's Mephisto, Diablo, and Baal as they're reforming.

Ahh yeah dude that part was rough!

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

BabyRyoga posted:

no, DARK red, not light red. Sometimes zones are dark red like they should be for the helltide, but it doesnt actually have the event.

i think its a bug, it happened to me earlier where after the helltide was over the zone didn't go back to normal color on the map, even after the next one started

helltides are a lot of a fun. i was partying with a necro and we were slaughtering stuff and then he randomly got hit by a meteor and died. then 2 minutes until the end when we're beelining a 175 chest, i spill poo poo on my keyboard during a harbringer fight and die, forcing me to grab a cheap chest at the end instead

game owns

still need to try pvp

Incremus
Aug 7, 2003

Oh no, I'm so sorry, it's the Moops.

Curious if anyone else has had the error code: BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 misery I have had. The game will launch sometimes, but other times demands an update, which fails almost every time with this error code and the not-at-all-helpful error text

Battle.net posted:

Whoops! Looks like something broke. Give it another shot.

Trying "Scan and Repair" causes the same error 9 times out of 10, but occasionally it randomly works and the game actually launches. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game with and without high-res textures, uninstalled and reinstalled the battle.net client, ensured the game has "public networks" firewall access, which seems like it might somehow relate per Google, and manually deleted entire installation directory folders and started over, and nothing seems to help. This also happened to me in the closed beta, but I chalked it up to typical beta stuff and didn't dig further. Posting in hopes anyone has had luck resolving this and/or just to vent spleen otherwise

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Incremus posted:

Curious if anyone else has had the error code: BLZBNTAGT00000BB8 misery I have had. The game will launch sometimes, but other times demands an update, which fails almost every time with this error code and the not-at-all-helpful error text

Trying "Scan and Repair" causes the same error 9 times out of 10, but occasionally it randomly works and the game actually launches. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game with and without high-res textures, uninstalled and reinstalled the battle.net client, ensured the game has "public networks" firewall access, which seems like it might somehow relate per Google, and manually deleted entire installation directory folders and started over, and nothing seems to help. This also happened to me in the closed beta, but I chalked it up to typical beta stuff and didn't dig further. Posting in hopes anyone has had luck resolving this and/or just to vent spleen otherwise

Run CHKDSK on your hard drive and report back

Hashy fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jun 5, 2023

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Y'all going to get me to rush the story just so I can click your spoiler tags :v:

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Hashy posted:

I can't justify why there are jewellery/armour vendors that sell rares that cost what is roughly the total amount of gold you'd have at that level. Just total noob traps.

It turns out I had way less gold than I should because I was on D3-autopilot and salvaging everything instead of selling items for gold. Wound up with more mats and less gold than I really needed, oops.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Sardikar posted:

Where have you seen chests? I have a stack of keys expecting to find them but there is none around!

If I didn't know better, I'd think those chests have a higher chance of appearing if you're out of keys. They never seem to show up when I actually have them.

I think I've only encountered and opened two. They appear to have the exact same quality rewards as regular low/normal-quality chests.

coelomate posted:

It turns out I had way less gold than I should because I was on D3-autopilot and salvaging everything instead of selling items for gold. Wound up with more mats and less gold than I really needed, oops.

I'm still trying to figure out the right balance for this. Like I'll obviously want a good store of materials for upgrading items, but beyond a certain point I'm better off selling for more gold.

At the very least, it seems like you can very safely salvage equipment you get on newer characters, since it's all worth very little.

Kin33
Jul 3, 2007

Where is your god now?
I feel like if this were an Obsidian/black isle game we would have been able to talk to Lilith and convince her teaming up and doing things our way was best. I don't really get why everyone was like, "Lilith wants to rule the world" when I always got the impression she just wanted to create a place for her children away from the eternal conflict.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Do the roll ranges on the aspects improve as item level improves? Or if you get a perfect roll even at a low level, you should just extract the aspect and save it for end game?

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Aspects don't level up, you should save good low level rolls for endgame stuff you intend to keep around

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Megasabin posted:

Do the roll ranges on the aspects improve as item level improves? Or if you get a perfect roll even at a low level, you should just extract the aspect and save it for end game?

I've heard people say extract and save.

Codex ones always roll minimum, only dropped items can actually exist within the range (I was surprised to find you can find codex powers on dropped items at all!).

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Hashy posted:

Those 3 abilities have no real multiplicative growth and fall off rapidly as you've noticed. There is probably a reasonable fireball build possible but it's pretty much just builds entirely focused around:

-ice shards + frost nova and all the mana skill tree synergies, the ice shards enchantment, and +damage to cc and, later, cooltown reduction

-arc lash with stun synergies and the ult. You can mix it up by including chain lightning

-firewall + it's obvious synergies and enchantments

There is potential for other builds but they will be hugely shaped by hard-to-get gear synergies to reduce cooldowns and let you cast them a lot
I think sorc is uniquely in poor shape this way with 70% of the skills being unusable at a baseline at the start of WT3 but there's hope for experimentation

the idea was to have hydra deal burning damage, with fiery surge to boost mana regen, and inferno with the enhancement that makes pyro skills free to cast while it runs, but it's still not enough to keep my mana up enough to cast fireball all the time

why are people using frost nova over blizzard? i know blizz doesn't freeze enemies, but it doesn't have a cooldown, compared to nova's rather insane 18sec cooldown

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

BrianBoitano posted:

Y'all going to get me to rush the story just so I can click your spoiler tags :v:

I rushed story to get my horse then figured I may as well just bang the rest of it out in case I wanted to reroll with story skip. The post--story game is great and there's TONS of map left to explore after you finish the story. Overall I still don't really care for the story but for a Diablo story it's cool. The latter half of the story once everything starts to come together is much better than the first half, and the last act cutscenes and set pieces were great.

I spent all day today gearing up in T3. Ended my binge session by grouping with guildmates for a full hour of Helltide. Almost filled two whole rows of my stash with sanctified/legendaries. Tomorrow I'm going to put some region progress work in so I can hopefully get those last 5 skill points.

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jun 5, 2023

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

faantastic posted:

You can buy back from vendors? Or do you mean you salvaged them?

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I've been disconnected twice today, once when just about done with the last dungeon in act 3, and once while two-thirds done clearing a stronghold. Feels bad, man.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I've gotten a couple of legendaries from the whisper chests. I've also found something like 15-20 running through the campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
I watched Kripp for a couple hours and I'm done with D4.
100% same dull farming as D3, but they didn't feel like adding fluff like runes or item sets.
Instead you get some tacked-on 5 page star navigation chart to fill out, a lovely horse and a useless open world with ladders to make it less fun.