Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

with the correct goaltend call you woulda just watched nikola jokic hit a hook shot to an audible Galumph escaping from his body as it rolled in. nuggets win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I was not sold that the Heat would win a game in this series, series has legs

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

no way the heat win 2. series over

Art Core...velay
Jun 16, 2013
gabe vincent officially the goat player from the uc system (sans ucla/cal division)

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/tomhaberstroh/status/1665547945192611841

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Ghost Dog posted:

no way the heat win 2. series over

Maybe they could win 2 if they had someone on the team who worked hard but alas

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

jackofarcades posted:

A heat win is ultimate chaos I think, gotta root for that if you're a neutral

Yeah, I want Jokic to get a ring but a sweep is not fun to watch unless you’re hate watching some team or player. Jimmy Butler getting a ring and Spo getting a non-Lebron one would also be pretty cool.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Aye Doc posted:

we've had so many cool games and finishes these playoffs

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Jimmy is on fumes I still don't think they can take it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Art Core...velay posted:

gabe vincent officially the goat player from the uc system (sans ucla/cal division)

I knew I liked him for a reason (my stepdad played for UC Irvine so that's practically the same as me doing it).

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Heat got crazy hot all at once but feel like Denver still wins if KCP/PorterJr/Gordon don't forget how to play.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Art Core...velay posted:

casuals astonished the last 30 seconds of a game could end that fast

I go back and watch the end of Game 7 from 2010 occasionally, and it blows my mind how quick that last minute goes. No BS timeouts, no hype from the announcers, no over the top crowd. It just goes.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Jimmy still hasn’t been buckets since like game 1 of Boston but really since that ankle injury vs the knicks. The man who dropped 56 and 42 back to back is just not coming back but Miami keeps on.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kirios posted:

Jimmy is on fumes I still don't think they can take it.

jimmy is powering up

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

god drat what a game

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
The Heat are just good at making teams play off balance and get off their game. Spoelstra master class. They made all those open 3s the nuggets gave them instead of missing all of them like game 1. They also had more energy and stamina in the 4th quarter than any other team has had in Denver all postseason. Hats off.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Rick posted:

I knew I liked him for a reason (my stepdad played for UC Irvine so that's practically the same as me doing it).

Go Anteaters, hell yeah!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I'm rooting for the Heat because they're a historic dog and because the LeBatard show will be absolutely wallowing in it tomorrow morning

Jokic will get a ring. That team isn't going away soon, if they can lock both him and Murray up long-term.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

mdemone posted:

Jokic will get a ring. That team isn't going away soon, if they can lock both him and Murray up long-term.

Never take anything for granted.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

nachos posted:

Jimmy still hasn’t been buckets since like game 1 of Boston but really since that ankle injury vs the knicks. The man who dropped 56 and 42 back to back is just not coming back but Miami keeps on.

I think he also retweaked it late in Celtics game 7.

Anyways 1-1 going into a game I'm at.

:toot:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

mdemone posted:

I'm rooting for the Heat because they're a historic dog and because the LeBatard show will be absolutely wallowing in it tomorrow morning

https://twitter.com/Ryan_Cortes/status/1665550411183321096

I normally despise prank calls but by the end was rooting for heat wins just for the Hub calls

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

mdemone posted:

I am more confident in Joker being great for the next 10 years than I am in civilization avoiding apocalypse over the same time period

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy
Underappreciated response re:Talking Dogs

Glad it's series, rooting for excellence all around

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/Ryan_Cortes/status/1665550411183321096

I normally despise prank calls but by the end was rooting for heat wins just for the Hub calls

Just guessing Denver sports radio doesn’t pay people to work on Sunday not football.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

The Mysterious Disappearance of Jamal Murray

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Is that former Broncos running back Terrell Davis in the crowd

Confirmed

https://twitter.com/thecomeback/status/1665544531062710276

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Elephanthead posted:

Just guessing Denver sports radio doesn’t pay people to work on Sunday not football.

Apparently the Nuggets/Avalanche owner owns Altitude Sports Radio, Cortes found it, and the host was thoroughly puzzled and possibly funnier than the troll call:

https://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/1665716189576970244?t=KMJEb7WqkUhVld5XIUtj1g&s=19

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Lmao

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

So which Heat player goes 8/12 from 3 tonight? I'm thinking Caleb Martin.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Let's go HEAT

Bellmaker posted:

So which Heat player goes 8/12 from 3 tonight? I'm thinking Caleb Martin.

I hope they all do OP

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Is Herro going to play?

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Let's go heat!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Heat in 5

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Traxis posted:

Is Herro going to play?

ruled out yesterday

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Dilber posted:

Let's go heat!

It’s the traffic or something

- heat fans

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

: Jeff, I'm telling you, Nikola Jokic is a phenomenal player, but he's just not built to lead a team to a championship. He lacks that killer instinct and the ability to take over when it matters most.

: Absolutely, Mark. Jokic is an incredible talent, but championship-caliber players have that extra gear, that fire in their eyes. Jokic's skill set is remarkable, but when the pressure mounts, I don't see that relentless drive to win.

: You're right, Jeff. It's not just about skills; it's about that intangible quality, that hunger to dominate. Jokic is a superb facilitator, but in those crucial moments, he doesn't impose his will like the greats we've seen.

: And you know, Mark, it's almost poetic how this debate mirrors the larger existential questions we face in life. In the grand scheme of things, championships are just fleeting moments of triumph, ultimately devoid of meaning.

: Indeed, Jeff. In the end, we all grapple with the futility of our pursuits. Basketball, championships, life itself—everything fades into the void. We must confront the insignificance of it all.

: It's a haunting reality, Mark. We chase these illusions of purpose and accomplishment, only to realize the emptiness within. Perhaps the true victory lies in embracing the void and finding solace in the shared journey.

: Deep, Jeff. Deep. In the grand tapestry of existence, we are but tiny specks, yearning for significance. Maybe, just maybe, it's in accepting the absurdity that we can find freedom. The void beckons, my friend.

: It does, Mark. It does. Let's hope that our search for meaning leads us to a place of peace, where the insignificance of championships and the void itself no longer torment us.

lets go heat

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

i couldnt get anything to generate ai art of mike breen fyi

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
That’s because god doesn’t hate him like mark jackson and jvg

Also gross

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Aye Doc posted:

: Jeff, I'm telling you, Nikola Jokic is a phenomenal player, but he's just not built to lead a team to a championship. He lacks that killer instinct and the ability to take over when it matters most.

: Absolutely, Mark. Jokic is an incredible talent, but championship-caliber players have that extra gear, that fire in their eyes. Jokic's skill set is remarkable, but when the pressure mounts, I don't see that relentless drive to win.

: You're right, Jeff. It's not just about skills; it's about that intangible quality, that hunger to dominate. Jokic is a superb facilitator, but in those crucial moments, he doesn't impose his will like the greats we've seen.

: And you know, Mark, it's almost poetic how this debate mirrors the larger existential questions we face in life. In the grand scheme of things, championships are just fleeting moments of triumph, ultimately devoid of meaning.

: Indeed, Jeff. In the end, we all grapple with the futility of our pursuits. Basketball, championships, life itself—everything fades into the void. We must confront the insignificance of it all.

: It's a haunting reality, Mark. We chase these illusions of purpose and accomplishment, only to realize the emptiness within. Perhaps the true victory lies in embracing the void and finding solace in the shared journey.

: Deep, Jeff. Deep. In the grand tapestry of existence, we are but tiny specks, yearning for significance. Maybe, just maybe, it's in accepting the absurdity that we can find freedom. The void beckons, my friend.

: It does, Mark. It does. Let's hope that our search for meaning leads us to a place of peace, where the insignificance of championships and the void itself no longer torment us.

lets go heat

thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Aye Doc posted:

lets go heat

the AI swapped van Gundy with Rafa benitez :wth: