Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Mea Tulpa posted:

Granted if max attack was the goal, I'd be using one of the bone proficiency up sets and attack meals. Nothing in the game really needs that level of offense.

Naw I don't wanna be micromanaging tips and I definitely always want the max attack buff, since there's no outfit for speed, which is what I use for main meals. Swift carrots restock in good quantities in at least 2 places.

I'd argue everything in the games wants as much passive damage as you can get, less time and durability spent smashing, more resources acquired, more things to kill with.

Another thing to consider for people prioritizing defense, level 3 defense food buff is as much as a level 4 max armor piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
Jumping to the end to point out that I told my girlfriend Hudson reminded me of someone - Charles Bronson - and looked up a photo to realize, oh poo poo, they must have literally modeled him on Bronson. Even has a sort of stoic, kinda slow but does the right thing vibe to him. He seems to have a married a hot foreign lady. Anyways I’m quite sure this is a Japanese company steals US likeness situation, like Terminator Michael Biehn in Metal Gear, or Snake Plissken in other MGS games, or Harrison Ford in Snatcher. Ok wait maybe this is a Kojima thing but I still see a strong resemblance lol.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Enderzero posted:

Jumping to the end to point out that I told my girlfriend Hudson reminded me of someone - Charles Bronson - and looked up a photo to realize, oh poo poo, they must have literally modeled him on Bronson. Even has a sort of stoic, kinda slow but does the right thing vibe to him. He seems to have a married a hot foreign lady. Anyways I’m quite sure this is a Japanese company steals US likeness situation, like Terminator Michael Biehn in Metal Gear, or Snake Plissken in other MGS games, or Harrison Ford in Snatcher. Ok wait maybe this is a Kojima thing but I still see a strong resemblance lol.

Time to blow your mind:

Charles Bron-son

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

I dunno, I guess it's all in the framing. Those were fun, and there was some good leadup to getting there. It's just that I've had "Spirit Temple" in my mind for a couple weeks now, and I did this whole section basically anticipating it as the cherry on top of everything before I get to Ganon. I guess that's partly on me, but I just wish they'd only had a fifth sage and never mentioned a temple.

I felt like all the dungeons to some extent or another kind of blur the lines between what is and isn't the dungeon, and to be honest I kind of like it. it definitely isn't as closed off to the outside world as the classic dungeons or the divine beasts but it makes them feel more part of the world

quote="Steve Yun" post="532292885"]
https://twitter.com/tai_totk/status/1665327619255185412?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

Factory farming comes to hyrule
[/quote]

Yeah I saw one earlier with the same conveyor belt idea that the player would dump raw meat into, it would torch it and loop it back for collection

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Thundercracker posted:

I wish Tulin can lay on his back and flap his wings upwards.

Campfire and a pinecone

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

PageMaster posted:

Yes, those. I thought I was being smart by tagging locations above light roots to check shrines there. For a game that just let me stumble into the master sword, I assumed the game just wanted me to get a little more creative in how i'm traveling (similar to how I got to the forest in the first place), and didn't think they they would be locked behind a quest until now because I could already see them from the right spots.

This is more or less how I bumbled into being in the wind temple without having gotten the companion that actually makes it possible. Thinking the game wanted me to creatively solve a puzzle when it’s actually one of the rare situations you are supposed to be fully on quest rails.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Lol, I just got to a shrine that starts off like a normal Rauru's Blessing, but then half the temple just zoops away and turns into a vertical wall after you collect the treasure. I gave up pretty quick and just used a rocket shield to leave, I'm curious what you're "supposed" to do there.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Captain Hygiene posted:

Lol, I just got to a shrine that starts off like a normal Rauru's Blessing, but then half the temple just zoops away and turns into a vertical wall after you collect the treasure. I gave up pretty quick and just used a rocket shield to leave, I'm curious what you're "supposed" to do there.

There are 2 candles on the now-vertical wall that need to be lit

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

It's called Unlit Blessing.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
That one is one of my favorite shrines in the game.

I hit 152/152 shrines yesterday and did the Wind Temple—nice approach like people said, boss was dramatic but really a pushover since you just dive into it over and over. I agree with everyone else who said that the following part where you run around the castle chasing “Zelda” feels like it drags on a bit. It’s like okay, I get it by now, let’s skip to the end of this bit.

Then I finally got to go into those floating ruins in Kakariko without getting shouted at!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

bawk posted:

It's called Unlit Blessing.

:v:
Reading: the most difficult puzzle

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

The castle section might be the worst part of the game. You need to find the Zeldas, in order, when there's absolutely no logical progression from one location to the next? So the correct answer it to just loving Google it? It's very frustrating and bad.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

The castle section might be the worst part of the game. You need to find the Zeldas, in order, when there's absolutely no logical progression from one location to the next? So the correct answer it to just loving Google it? It's very frustrating and bad.

It shows the next location on the map when you're tracking the quest

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

I was just following the minimap. Though it’s funny to be in the middle of that sequence and have Link say “oh, I know what part of the Castle to go to next, so I’m gonna warp back to the Lookout sky view tower, blast off and glide back over here instead of walking and climbing over there.”

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I just love this song, easy skip but there might be a few people who will like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YPdP7hTplg

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/chocrab_1226/status/1665321946622590976?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Barreft posted:

I just love this song, easy skip but there might be a few people who will like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YPdP7hTplg

:pervert:

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

dammit you got me lol

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Check your map. Most of the major problems with this game are self imposed.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I did the castle quest by building a giant laser turret, so the quest became a challenge of moving the turret all over the area and letting it vaporise everything.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I’ve tried to build the fan hover cycle like 5 times now and keep failing.

It always had a drift and is not particularly controllable. One of them got me to the tippy top of the Lomei labyrinth so I got that going for me.

Need to go hit a gumball machine and stock up on fans. I also finally hit the battle bots shrine and it was loving awesome. I want to drop battle bots all the time now. Need to make some and fave them with auto build. The basic beam turret absolutely dumpstered the horriblin coliseum so now that I finally have a big battery and a big zonai bank account im ready to splash out.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fangz posted:

I did the castle quest by building a giant laser turret, so the quest became a challenge of moving the turret all over the area and letting it vaporise everything.

I keep waiting for laser turrets to stop being fun and no dice yet. My favorite is when it blows up a barrel and tracks the bokoblin as it flies through the air

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

space uncle posted:

It always had a drift and is not particularly controllable. One of them got me to the tippy top of the Lomei labyrinth so I got that going for me.

Need to go hit a gumball machine and stock up on fans. I also finally hit the battle bots shrine and it was loving awesome. I want to drop battle bots all the time now. Need to make some and fave them with auto build. The basic beam turret absolutely dumpstered the horriblin coliseum so now that I finally have a big battery and a big zonai bank account im ready to splash out.

I’ve never been able to make one that didn’t have a little drift, but with some practice it feels great to fly, you can go straight up, you can go down in a controlled descent, I’ve been able to steer through tunnels and trees

Are you mounting the fans diagonally to the control stick?

If you’re still having problems you can try a 3 fan version, it seems to not have drift. Two fans on front, one on tail

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Re: fanbike, there is a tutorial out there that uses a spike to keep things secured and stable. I think it also helps to try and face north (or directly in one of the other cardinal directions but N has an indicator) so snap points are all aligned.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Bumbled into the endgame area. Two sages showed up, figure maybe I should save this for later when I have all of them. Music and presentation was awesome though.

Also bumbled into Mineru. Built and played around with her. She’s fun but extremely clumsy and I feel like I’d get through fights much better with my own two fists. Reloaded a save from before I built her, gonna save her for later

Actually come to think of it, constructions are way clumsy in fights because of friendly fire. I used a turret stacked with laser and cannon against Phantom Ganondorf and it caused very little damage while constantly knocking me on my butt. I think they’re best for trash mobs from afar

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Steve Yun posted:

I’ve never been able to make one that didn’t have a little drift, but with some practice it feels great to fly, you can go straight up, you can go down in a controlled descent, I’ve been able to steer through tunnels and trees

It felt really difficult to make the fans and control stick line up exactly straight, and if it's a little off it makes the steering seem weird. I got one exactly right and it made a world of difference. I made sure to favorite it so I can just autobuild it from now on (except in shrines that give you those parts but I can muddle through anyway.)

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

150 hours later I finally saw this happen:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

MokBa posted:

150 hours later I finally saw this happen:

I pretty much never see the dragons at all, I imagine they are reliably in the same place at the same time everyday, so I should just resort to looking for a guide. I need some of their body parts.

Also, I'm wondering if canonically this means that these dragons were also once people who swallowed secret stones like Zelda

Anyway, I'm at the point where I could go fight Ganon right now, but I'm finishing up some other stuff first. A couple of minor gripes about the games. Given how much the sky islands were featured in the marketing of the game, I wish they were a little bit bigger and had more to do on them. Most it seems feature nothing at all, not even any collectibles or enemies to fight.

Also, given how much time you spend in the menus, I wish the UI was better, and you could sore more quickly and easily. At least they pause the game while you're trying to find what you're looking for.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Nihonniboku posted:

Anyway, I'm at the point where I could go fight Ganon right now, but I'm finishing up some other stuff first. A couple of minor gripes about the games. Given how much the sky islands were featured in the marketing of the game, I wish they were a little bit bigger and had more to do on them. Most it seems feature nothing at all, not even any collectibles or enemies to fight.

Yeah, same, I really hope the sky is so empty because they have gigantic sky DLC planned.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

space uncle posted:

the best version I can make has a slight drift, you just have to get one that works good enough.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Nihonniboku posted:

I pretty much never see the dragons at all, I imagine they are reliably in the same place at the same time everyday, so I should just resort to looking for a guide. I need some of their body parts.

I’m pretty sure they’re not rendering the dragons most of the time unless you get within a couple miles

I’ve flown up high and had a view of the entire map and wouldn’t see a single dragon

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Sometimes they're not in the sky :)

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009

Nihonniboku posted:

Also, I'm wondering if canonically this means that these dragons were also once people who swallowed secret stones like Zelda

Also, given how much time you spend in the menus, I wish the UI was better, and you could sore more quickly and easily. At least they pause the game while you're trying to find what you're looking for.

Most of my Lynel deaths are trying to switch to my desired melee weapon after shooting an arrow because I have to get out of the quick menu, then push attack, to unsheathe a sword, and then go back into the quick menu, and my fingers get confused sometimes.

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,

PageMaster posted:

Most of my Lynel deaths are trying to switch to my desired melee weapon after shooting an arrow because I have to get out of the quick menu, then push attack, to unsheathe a sword, and then go back into the quick menu, and my fingers get confused sometimes.

In really hectic situations like this I just press plus and do it in the pause menu screen. I can take my time with it, maybe go get a snack while I'm at it.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Nihonniboku posted:

I was thinking they’re the sages that fought with her and decided to do the same thing afterwards but for whatever reason the zora sage didn’t. The stones aren’t special they just take on the power of whomever touches them so its not like the fire stone is gone forever. If that’s true then it’s really sad that they did the ultimate sacrifice for nothing because at least Zelda had a plan.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

TK-42-1 posted:

I was thinking they’re the sages that fought with her and decided to do the same thing afterwards but for whatever reason the zora sage didn’t. The stones aren’t special they just take on the power of whomever touches them so its not like the fire stone is gone forever. If that’s true then it’s really sad that they did the ultimate sacrifice for nothing because at least Zelda had a plan.

I’m guessing that the other dragons are just ancient Zonai from before Rauru’s time - they knew about the “become an immortal dragon” thing from somewhere, after all

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

space uncle posted:

I have noticed that they get *really* squirrely if you're in low gravity areas

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I think they're probably the gods of dragons/owls/boars from the labyrinths

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,

TK-42-1 posted:

Based off this theory, wouldn't the Zora sage be Naydra? Who else would it be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Spoilers for Koltin/bubbulgems: so I finished it up and gave him all of them, and I've gotta say I was surprised and a little touched at the whole thing, but Kilton says he put the cart somewhere he loved but I can't find it. Wasn't it at Skull Lake in BotW? I don't see it there, it's gotta be a breadcrumb right?