Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

site posted:

the idea was to have hydra deal burning damage, with fiery surge to boost mana regen, and inferno with the enhancement that makes pyro skills free to cast while it runs, but it's still not enough to keep my mana up enough to cast fireball all the time

why are people using frost nova over blizzard? i know blizz doesn't freeze enemies, but it doesn't have a cooldown, compared to nova's rather insane 18sec cooldown

Nova is a great source of vuln

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

D-Pad posted:

You can buy back from vendors? Or do you mean you salvaged them?

Not sure I noticed a bit later so could be be either but wasn't in recent sold.

For increasing Ilvl of drops is it based on equipped Ilvl, Ilvl equipped or in chest, or just character level? Trying to get into the 850+ but half my drops are under 700 still.

Also to the kripp viewer, I hated d3 and I'm having an absolute blast. Story is fun, world is outstandingly detailed compared to any other ARPG I can recall, the horse is awesome and I was expecting to hate it going in. IDC about getting 2000 hours of endgame loops out of the game at launch, I'm very happy just hitting 100 and having a fun build to run around with.

faantastic fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jun 5, 2023

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Four legendary rings within 30 minutes.

Did I mention that we seem to get same kind of legendary item multiple times in a roll yet?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

sauer kraut posted:

I watched Kripp for a couple hours and I'm done with D4.
100% same dull farming as D3, but they didn't feel like adding fluff like runes or item sets.
Instead you get some tacked-on 5 page star navigation chart to fill out, a lovely horse and a useless open world with ladders to make it less fun.

its pretty funny watching all the streamers right now, they're all farming the same dungeon over and over and over killing like 2 monster packs and quitting and reloading.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Kin33 posted:

I feel like if this were an Obsidian/black isle game we would have been able to talk to Lilith and convince her teaming up and doing things our way was best. I don't really get why everyone was like, "Lilith wants to rule the world" when I always got the impression she just wanted to create a place for her children away from the eternal conflict.

She didn't seem to want to rule the world but also had a wildly inaccurate view of what was good for humanity. She hated the eternal conflict but was still fundamentally demonic in her world view. If she had acted like the trail of destruction and horror she left behind was an unfortunate side effect of her plans, I could maybe buy that she could be convinced. She's outright proud of her turning regular people into murderous psychotic cannibals. maybe if Rathma had survived I could buy her being convinced that her plans to turn Sanctuary into a horrible mad max cannibal randian hellscape is not workable

queeb posted:

its pretty funny watching all the streamers right now, they're all farming the same dungeon over and over and over killing like 2 monster packs and quitting and reloading.

...why? Is there a dungeon with a huge pack at the start or something?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

sauer kraut posted:

I watched Kripp for a couple hours and I'm done with D4.
100% same dull farming as D3, but they didn't feel like adding fluff like runes or item sets.
Instead you get some tacked-on 5 page star navigation chart to fill out, a lovely horse and a useless open world with ladders to make it less fun.

love to actively ruin things for myself watching people who will do the most boring and insane things for a 1% increase in speed complain about choosing to do them instead of anything else.

Megasabin posted:

Do the roll ranges on the aspects improve as item level improves? Or if you get a perfect roll even at a low level, you should just extract the aspect and save it for end game?

there are sacred tiered aspects but i cant tell whaht the difference is

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

coelomate posted:

I've heard people say extract and save.

Codex ones always roll minimum, only dropped items can actually exist within the range (I was surprised to find you can find codex powers on dropped items at all!).

Does anyone have a definite answer? I am getting conflicting information.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Deki posted:

She didn't seem to want to rule the world but also had a wildly inaccurate view of what was good for humanity. She hated the eternal conflict but was still fundamentally demonic in her world view. If she had acted like the trail of destruction and horror she left behind was an unfortunate side effect of her plans, I could maybe buy that she could be convinced. She's outright proud of her turning regular people into murderous psychotic cannibals. maybe if Rathma had survived I could buy her being convinced that her plans to turn Sanctuary into a horrible mad max cannibal randian hellscape is not workable

...why? Is there a dungeon with a huge pack at the start or something?

Dungeon with a guaranteed group of 5 elite mobs all together and a high chance for a second pack of 5 elites to spawn. Its actually a lot of fun and very hectic, and of course lots of loot.

I expect this to get nerfed pretty soon, and I think they might also nerf being able to reset dungeons since there's no point in actually completing a dungeon unless you need the aspect.

soscannonballs fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jun 5, 2023

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

96 spacejam posted:

What build have you Necro's rocked while leveling? I perfer not being a pure summoner. How is Blight CE? I think that's my style.

I've been doing blood magic spells and spamming corpse explosion, no minions, taking the buffs instead. I like it!!!!

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
I've been doing bone spear corpse explosion critfishing. It ain't much but it's honest demon exploding

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I do wish the loot was more interesting tbh but I'm having fun anyway

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Another reminder, if you suddenly go to WL 3 and find yourself having trouble, OPTIMIZE YOUR BUILD. It can mean the difference between something like Ice Shards hitting for 8000 damage and Ice Shards hitting for 25,000 damage.

There is probably no reason you should ever be playing at a lower World Level than what you have available to you unless you are on HC and need intel. Here's a Nightmare Dungeon with enemies 14 levels higher than me that I did solo. Died a few times, would not recommend trying it on HC, but it was fun and very doable.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

am i insane for not wanting to use minions as a necro? i'm ripping poo poo up while levelling but maybe this will change?

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Deki posted:

Yeah I don't know how you could think going along with Lilith was in any way a realistic choice for Sanctuary. Lilith was extremely ruthless and with her on top humanity would have fallen into even further ruin and despair than they already have. Anyone who didn't immediately debase themselves for her would have incurred her wrath. And even for those who did she still thought nothing of watching them die.

But poo poo is really about to pop off now. Mephisto, Diablo and Baal. The gang's getting back together. I can't loving wait for the expansions. Act V and VI were just :chefskiss:

edit:

Also, High Heavens and the angels are all pretty hosed, right? Malthael is gone. Tyrael is gone. Inarius is gone. The Angiris Council is kind of a joke now. And now a Prime Evil has practically been set loose upon Sanctuary. It's not looking good for the angels. Those dicks.

The Ol Spicy Keychain fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jun 5, 2023

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

drat, I got a legendary tonight that has the druid aspect that heals you when you shift between forms and fortifies if you're full and it's insane. I'm basically constantly switching forms so I'm always fully fortified or able to heal extremely quickly and it owns. That said, I tried t3 tonight and got my rear end kicked but I'm not lvl 50 yet so I have room for improvement.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

They really add alot of dumb quests to latter half of this campaign like walk around these zones and talk to these ladies, half the time unskippable poo poo.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Mostly enjoying the game, but level scaling is really draining the fun. It just feels bad when I get a gear upgrade but am seemingly doing the exact same percentage of damage to enemies. Every zone feels the same, as well.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Does anyone know of any resources regarding the location of the mystery chests during Helltide? Can you get more than 1 per Helltide? Are they spread out 1 per sub-region? Is there a map of where they could be located? Is their location RNG per-instance? I'm pretty sure it is because I ran around after finding one that I couldn't open and when I returned, it was gone. Unsure if it was because of TPing away or leaving the region.

CLAM DOWN posted:

am i insane for not wanting to use minions as a necro? i'm ripping poo poo up while levelling but maybe this will change?
There's actually many viable builds in Diablo 4, especially for Necro considering there are skill and affix synergies for sacrificing your minions. If anything, minions are the weaker option, though I am personally having a great time with them at 55+ in tier 10 nightmare dungeons.

BTW can we have a better name for nightmare dungeons? NDs?

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jun 5, 2023

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

DaveKap posted:

Does anyone know of any resources regarding the location of the mystery chests during Helltide? Can you get more than 1 per Helltide? Are they spread out 1 per sub-region? Is there a map of where they could be located? Is their location RNG per-instance? I'm pretty sure it is because I ran around after finding one that I couldn't open and when I returned, it was gone. Unsure if it was because of TPing away or leaving the region.

You can always see them on your main map as small white dots

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Any advice for what to do right after unlocking T3? I'm on the hunt for Sacred gear but I"ve tried both the arc lash and ice shards Sorc build and they feel extremely anemic, and I'm not sure if there's a faster way to initially gear up bc right now every fight is a miserable slog. They're not hard, they just take forever.

Kin33
Jul 3, 2007

Where is your god now?

Aerox posted:

Any advice for what to do right after unlocking T3? I'm on the hunt for Sacred gear but I"ve tried both the arc lash and ice shards Sorc build and they feel extremely anemic, and I'm not sure if there's a faster way to initially gear up bc right now every fight is a miserable slog. They're not hard, they just take forever.

Helltides are great if you can handle them or just follow a group/other players.
Whispers if not.
Nightmare dungeons for glyph levels are also nice one you start getting sigils if you can handle them. Exploit still feels really powerful despite the nerfs.
Try to synergize with renown gain as well when you can.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

BabyRyoga posted:

You can always see them on your main map as small white dots
I don't think this applies to the mystery chest, though. It's never on my map until I get near it, then it gets added to my map. The other chests, the ones that don't cost 175 cinders and give you 4+ legendaries, those show up on the map though.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I had a 5 minute span where 4 legendaries dropped, all necro, all useful, and now my minions are maxed out. Scythe skeletons that leave corpses everywhere is insane. Just piles and piles of corpses at bosses feet.

Act 1 seemed like a superrrrr long act, then Act 2 seemed like it took an hour, and now Act 3 seems to be longerish.

I'm enjoying it, but the backtracking in dungeons that wont let you leave them with the action wheel is annoying as all gently caress.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Philthy posted:

I had a 5 minute span where 4 legendaries dropped, all necro, all useful, and now my minions are maxed out. Scythe skeletons that leave corpses everywhere is insane. Just piles and piles of corpses at bosses feet.

Act 1 seemed like a superrrrr long act, then Act 2 seemed like it took an hour, and now Act 3 seems to be longerish.

I'm enjoying it, but the backtracking in dungeons that wont let you leave them with the action wheel is annoying as all gently caress.

you can just TP out of there.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Man, the music is so good.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

One weird thing. I'm level 38 HC yeah? Never found a single scroll of escape. And I read absolutely every drop.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Doe anyone else playing on steam deck get really long load times?

Mine are good, it's actually smoother than my desktop.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Attempting the boss to unlock Torment (WL4) at level 57 right now. I can put out the damage to kill him, but almost anything he does is a one shot. Think I can dodge fireballs for like 10 minutes? Place bets, thread

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Devorum posted:

Mostly enjoying the game, but level scaling is really draining the fun. It just feels bad when I get a gear upgrade but am seemingly doing the exact same percentage of damage to enemies. Every zone feels the same, as well.

yep, I feel you bro

despite this I'm enjoying the game a lot... its been growing on me, despite some of the things I don't like

the atmosphere, story, and dressup make me look past it for now, but as I play more the more the scaling sucks

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006

Wiltsghost posted:

It sounds like they just went over Matt ulemans soundtracks for 1 and 2 and said 'do that' and it was absolutely the right choice.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Wiltsghost posted:

I swear one of the songs reminds me of day of the dead 2003? Whatever though man it’s good as hell!

E: or maybe 28 days later idk good sound track though

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

96 spacejam posted:

What build have you Necro's rocked while leveling? I perfer not being a pure summoner. How is Blight CE? I think that's my style.

I started off doing mostly this build:

https://maxroll.gg/d4/build-guides/blood-surge-necromancer-leveling-guide

But instead of decrepify I'm keeping my skellies around. The tendrils/blood surge/corpse explosion combo is crazy powerful. I'm level 44 right now and I basically just wander into the middle of a mob, destroy everyone in a few seconds, and then loot.

This build is far less satisfactory at taking out bosses, particularly when it's not one that generates a ton of corpses. I'm currently stuck on Unzu the Demon Commander and he is beating my rear end. I'm going to skive off from hell on earth for a bit and do some leveling to see if that helps. If not I may need a respec.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

BrianBoitano posted:

One weird thing. I'm level 38 HC yeah? Never found a single scroll of escape. And I read absolutely every drop.

I found my first, and only, at around level 28

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

the story is good, voice acting is good, corpse explosion is good, game is good

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Just beat the campaign- ummmmmmm, those last few cutscenes were amazing. One in particular deserves a standing ovation. I have some small grievances with the game, but nothing super major. Even things like the skill tree (yeah its messy) but the attention to details (the skeleton frame around the whole thing is so drat cool)

I can't wait to see where they take the expansions, the skeleton of the game (hurr hurr) is drat solid. Well done Blizzard, can't believe you stuck the landing on a drat story in 2023. I honestly did not expect it to be 1/10'th as good as it ended up being.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

Also, [spoiler]High Heavens and the angels are all pretty hosed, right? Malthael is gone. Tyrael is gone. Inarius is gone. The Angiris Council is kind of a joke now. And now a Prime Evil has practically been set loose upon Sanctuary. It's not looking good for the angels. Those dicks.

When demons die, they respawn in the Black Abyss. When angels die, they die, but their essence returns to the crystal arch to form new angels. These would not be the same angels, they'd be new ones. So there's the potential to add new characters here.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Finished collecting all of the Necromancer aspects tonight.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Sanctuary would be a terrible place to happen to live drat

I respect the drunks though hell yah

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
A few annoyances I had with the story:

A: Side characters being killed or horrifically maimed by trivial things for the sake of the plot. Neyrelle loses an arm to a trash mob for no reason. Donan literally runs into a piece of environmental geometry and it kills him. No rhyme or reason. This dude took down Astaroth back in the day and some random tortured soul in hell, stuck in a wall, one shots him with a scratch? Lame.

B: Nobody seems to mind that Neyrelle hosed off with a Prime Evil in her back pocket. Should we go chase her? No she has made her decision, it's in her hands now. WHAT? The Horadrim were literally formed to safeguard the world against bullshit like this happening, and you're just going to leave this to chance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
Do you have to collect the aspects again every season?