Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Epic High Five posted:

Spoilers for Koltin/bubbulgems: so I finished it up and gave him all of them, and I've gotta say I was surprised and a little touched at the whole thing, but Kilton says he put the cart somewhere he loved but I can't find it. Wasn't it at Skull Lake in BotW? I don't see it there, it's gotta be a breadcrumb right?

Would it be Satori Mountain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
DLC should be an alien invasion of Zonai coming back to reclaim Hyrule

Giant flying saucers everywhere like Independence Day

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Snake Maze posted:

I’m guessing that the other dragons are just ancient Zonai from before Rauru’s time - they knew about the “become an immortal dragon” thing from somewhere, after all

Yeah,. this makes sense to me, especially with the dragons being named after the old three goddesses and the whole "people looked at the Zonai as gods" thing from the exposition that never really went anywhere.

Mea Tulpa
Sep 4, 2006

space uncle posted:

I’ve tried to build the fan hover cycle like 5 times now and keep failing.

It helps a ton to be on exactly flat ground. I used one of the sky islands that has a rotating device in the middle, because it's also well lit.

The side by side design is more forgiving if you're off a bit plus it takes off more vertically, but the front and back design controls a bit better and is much more effective for hauling koroks/other stuff.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

space uncle posted:

I’ve tried to build the fan hover cycle like 5 times now and keep failing.

It always had a drift and is not particularly controllable. One of them got me to the tippy top of the Lomei labyrinth so I got that going for me.

The one that worked for me after a few tries was one fan facing flat down, steering stick on top of it, two fans attached at a 45 degree angle to the back, and one stabilizer on the front. Little more energy-intensive than the basic 2-fan setup but fairly negligibly so once you've upgraded your battery a little.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

turns out multiple rockets on a construction don't stack

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Thing with the airbike is that you need to make sure the control stick is as close to perfectly aligned with the first fan, which often means ignoring where it wants to connect automatically

jackofarcades posted:

Would it be Satori Mountain

That was it! In retrospect, should've been obvious, but I got sidetracked by what I thought may be a nod to the last game

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Inadequately posted:

The one that worked for me after a few tries was one fan facing flat down, steering stick on top of it, two fans attached at a 45 degree angle to the back, and one stabilizer on the front. Little more energy-intensive than the basic 2-fan setup but fairly negligibly so once you've upgraded your battery a little.

I had the easiest time building the regular fanbike with the fan flat on the ground, then grab the steering stick and tilt it 45 degrees, then stick it right in the middle. Then you have the second fan also parallel with the ground, and you can stick it to the other side of the steering stick. The trick for me was to make sure I had the steering stick right in front of me, facing directly forward, and I stood directly in front of the bike while gluing it together it so there wasn't some tiny little off-angle that adds drift.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Tunicate posted:

turns out multiple rockets on a construction don't stack

Yeah I was on a sky island and found a pile of like 8 rockets. I was sad when I set them all off and instead of launching me into orbit it just burned through all my battery in a quarter of a second

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
My joycon has left-drift so it synergizes perfectly with my right-drifting air bike

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I really loved the Hyrule Castle quest. Felt like fuckin John Wick going room to room killing dudes, and ended up with an enormous stockpile of gloom weapons.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

For DLC, I would be surprised if we finish all the DLC without a fight against a Bargainer Statue construct of some kind. That's gotta be one of the things, right? No real information about WTF it is in the base game, lots of mysterious aspects of the depths tie into it like the random rock pile weapons/poes, and it's something distinct from the anti-goddess statue from BOTW

And it's built like a brick shithouse!

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Black Griffon posted:

I really loved the Hyrule Castle quest. Felt like fuckin John Wick going room to room killing dudes, and ended up with an enormous stockpile of gloom weapons.

Can you go back and get more after a red moon

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Question about the final boss(spoilers obviously): Can you still teleport out after the enemy gauntlet? It’d be a nice place to farm monster parts.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

RatHat posted:

Question about the final boss(spoilers obviously): Can you still teleport out after the enemy gauntlet? It’d be a nice place to farm monster parts.

Yes, the point of no return is a point shortly after that one mural room from the prologue, you can teleport out anytime before that. If you beat the game it'll drop you off at that point when you pick the completed game savefile.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

RatHat posted:

Depends on what you mean. If you've already leapt down to the very bottom, then you've past the point of no return. You can't warp out, and you can't save. Any autosave will be placed before this.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Just Andi Now posted:

Depends on what you mean. If you've already leapt down to the very bottom, then you've past the point of no return. You can't warp out, and you can't save. Any autosave will be placed before this.

Yeah that’s what I meant, when the boss health bar with “army of Ganon” or something appears. Oh well

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Nihonniboku posted:

Can you go back and get more after a red moon

Unfortunately not, but you should have a hand on where to find more after a bit of playtime.

... Sorry.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Just saw the credits. Final boss thoughts: I was surprised when the dragon phase was just a “go hit these spots” bit because I’d expected another real phase after the previous one, which also felt gimmicky to me. I hadn’t done very much flurry rushing in the rest of the game and found his timing really frustrating, but after a while of comedy swinging where neither of us could hit the other I figured out that if you back him up against the wall you can get hits in without him just flipping away.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

(final boss) Who needs to flurry rush the ganondorf when instead you can rocket shield into mid-air and hit him with 5 shots of ancient arrows a bunch of times in slowmo

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

(final boss) Who needs to flurry rush the ganondorf when instead you can rocket shield into mid-air and hit him with 5 shots of ancient arrows a bunch of times in slowmo

I didn’t go yank the master sword out of Zelda’s head only to not go down there and shove it into Ganondorf’s head :colbert:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Mechs

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7234906493437431083

Mechs

https://twitter.com/w42854994/status/1664700498824265728?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

Mechs

https://twitter.com/w42854994/status/1663115692110151680?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

Mechs

https://twitter.com/berserkerkaji/status/1663592593714757632?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

Mechs

https://twitter.com/datwunasianboi/status/1663642272746049537?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

There was a better video of a walking mech in battle I saw on fb but can’t find it now

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jun 5, 2023

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Valentin posted:

Zelda: GTAV of the Wild, in which you can seamlessly swap to each triforce bearer across the botw hyrule as they conspire to bring an end to the cycle of reincarnation once and for all

Everyone thinks Ganondorf is going to be the Trevor of this game, but no, that's just Link. Ganondorf is Michael.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Neat that some rando npc’s from the first game have cool cameos in this

In the first game, Flaxel was in a group that got ambushed and separated by bokoblins.

This time around she shows up in armor on a horse, captain of a monster control crew

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Jun 5, 2023

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
If your hovercycle crashes in the water it can take off again from the water. This is great news.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Are there any replayable monster forces battles that I can just play with combat vehicles on?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Steve Yun posted:

In the first game, Flaxel was in a group that got ambushed and separated by bokoblins.

This time around she shows up in armor on a horse, captain of a monster control crew

Her then buddy Oliff is guarding the castle front gate now.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

Waffleopolis posted:

Anyone know a good mining machine idea for the heavy zonite deposits? Bomb flowers do the trick but I like keeping them for fights.

If you've done the lighting temple the lighting arrow also seems to be a combination lightning + bomb arrow.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Ethics_Gradient posted:

If you've done the lighting temple the lighting arrow also seems to be a combination lightning + bomb arrow.

I'm so glad I did the lightning temple first, that ability has been one of the most important tools in my playthrough

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Oh, forgot to say I also found the final boss phase where it’s him plus phantoms versus you and all your buds to just be annoying more than anything else. There are too many people getting in the way and Dorf just homes in on you the whole time.

Noonsaliwah
Sep 5, 2006
Shizne

Steve Yun posted:

These are the kinds of videos I’m looking forward to seeing, I love little NPC details.

Another is the Gerudo/Hylian pair you unite at lovers lake in botw - Wabbin and Perda - are the couple with a kid in totk. Though I still haven’t figured out if there’s a way to get Perda to realise Wabbin is hanging out in man jail!

Noonsaliwah fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jun 5, 2023

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I wonder if that woman who was horny about orbs ever moved on come to think of it

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

I wonder if that woman who was horny about orbs ever moved on come to think of it

I can't remember where I first found her, but she did. She has a whole questline and she's now into skeletons.

Honestly this poo poo is why I never understood people being angry with reusing BoTW's Hyrule. It's been so fun finding where people have gone to and what they're up to now.

I never did manage to find Brigo, though. For being the first NPC you're likely to run into in BoTW I'm surprised I couldn't find him.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I did eventide island last night and that was super fun. Then I went down to the depths there and did the colosseum, which was also great fun! I am not an amiibo person so finding Midna's Helmet was a real treat. Best princess.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Oof...

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

St. Peter at the pearly gates (but he's a Korok): "You're here!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

MokBa posted:

St. Peter at the pearly gates (but he's a Korok): "You're here!"

<unfurls list of Korok hate crimes>