Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

TotalLossBrain posted:

]

The lack of posting on the weekends leads me to question whether anyone wants to work anymore.

What's the good word goons?

In my part of Australia it's 3pm on Monday, so some of us are at work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
I mentioned a couple times about taking my ex-employer to court. Well, today I get to meet our court-appointed mediator and make my demands; if the company doesn't play ball, we go to trial and I get what I want anyway, just six to eighteen months later.

It'll probably be over by the time most people here wake up, but I could use a "good luck, gently caress them up" regardless

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I work on weekends so i have no time to post

Barudak
May 7, 2007

armpit_enjoyer posted:

I mentioned a couple times about taking my ex-employer to court. Well, today I get to meet our court-appointed mediator and make my demands; if the company doesn't play ball, we go to trial and I get what I want anyway, just six to eighteen months later.

It'll probably be over by the time most people here wake up, but I could use a "good luck, gently caress them up" regardless

Im at work so good luck gently caress em up

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

armpit_enjoyer posted:

gently caress those shitheads IMHO.

gently caress 'em up Labour Ghost.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

armpit_enjoyer posted:

I'm on my day off, so good luck, fuckem up.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

armpit_enjoyer posted:

As I'm having my Monday morning coffee here, indeed, good luck, gently caress'em up

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?

armpit_enjoyer posted:

Good luck, hope you gently caress em right up!

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I told my boss I'm quitting and he said I'm irreplaceable and I've honestly never in my life felt more... it's maybe the only time an employer has ever shown me an indication of value at all.

Still quitting, but gosh

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Sorry for the long intro but there are a few things that need to be explained in order for this to make sense.

My company went with a more reasonably priced Chinese made bottler when getting the brewery together. Nothing wrong with that IMHO. Makes sense for our size, but you get what you pay for and every machine, no matter how good has its limitations. The only real problem that I've encountered with this machine is the filling valves are somewhat narrow. Normally, this wouldn't be an issue except that the only beer the company really wants to bottle is a heavily fruited and dry hopped beer. All of the detris can cause the filling valves to clog, leading to some bottles on the line not filling properly and has stopped the last three bottling runs we attempted with that beer. Fortunately, for a while we stopped making it because it didn't sell for poo poo. Unfortunately, they now want to brew it again and do a huge bottling run because it'll be a chance to be on the teevee!

We were having a meeting about a few things today and I brought up the fact that this beer had given us a lot of trouble in the past. I also mentioned possible solutions, but also wanted it to be known that those solutions also came with their own risks and no guarantees. Again, the machine's specs don't really work well for bottling this beer. The restaurant manager had me call our equipment supplier to "perform maintenance" on the bottler. When I asked what he meant by that I couldn't really get much of an answer. As far as I could tell he expected them to somehow change specific size specs on an already designed, built, and delivered machine. He wanted to know if they could change the filling valves to be wider...somehow. I just thought that the machining and engineering goons ITT would appreciate this story.

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
I mean, with enough time and money they can probably do anything you ask of them.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If you can’t widen the valves just narrow the beer EZ

TheBlackVegetable
Oct 29, 2006

credburn posted:

I told my boss I'm quitting and he said I'm irreplaceable and I've honestly never in my life felt more... it's maybe the only time an employer has ever shown me an indication of value at all.

Still quitting, but gosh

That means you were being underpaid

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

SerthVarnee posted:

I mean, with enough time and money they can probably do anything you ask of them.

I'm sure you'll be shocked to learn that they don't want to spend any more money. Or at least not much more.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

If you can’t widen the valves just narrow the beer EZ

Honestly, the solution is to just bottle more traditional, clearer beers. We were able to bottle the biere de Noel and the imperial stout without any issues. That or buy a new bottler like a Maheen or something that can handle this kind of issue.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

armpit_enjoyer posted:

Good luck! I wish I had saved all of the back and forth from one of my previous jobs.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

TotalLossBrain posted:

]

The lack of posting on the weekends leads me to question whether anyone wants to work anymore.

hosed off from work at 1430 on Friday, didn't even think about work until 0600 this morning. Spouse had to work on Sunday for a little (to get caught up) but we had a nice weekend with the grandkids and playing the new Zelda on Switch. Work has been absolutely nuts since we've had 33% attrition since our new CEO put in place mandatory partial return to work so if I don't unplug, I will go crazy. I see coworkers working over, through lunch, breaks, etc etc and in my industry (1) the incoming work never ever ends and (2) if you finish all yours on time, you just get more so trying to explain how to manage your own workload falls on deaf ears. Some folks don't understand the concept of "working just enough."

armpit_enjoyer posted:

Hell yeah kick their rear end.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

credburn posted:

Still quitting, but gosh

(In a counteroffer meeting with HR and your boss)
"Now tell me I'm pretty!"

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Escape From Noise posted:

The restaurant manager had me call our equipment supplier to "perform maintenance" on the bottler. When I asked what he meant by that I couldn't really get much of an answer. As far as I could tell he expected them to somehow change specific size specs on an already designed, built, and delivered machine. He wanted to know if they could change the filling valves to be wider...somehow.

Why does the restaurant manager have literally any say in wtf you do :psyduck:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

credburn posted:

Still quitting, but gosh

Good, now, burn the place down as you leave.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Johnny Truant posted:

Why does the restaurant manager have literally any say in wtf you do :psyduck:

Yeah. I dunno. He just says poo poo sometimes. A lot of times I just ignore it if I'm busy or something. It's kind of due to the corporate structure of this place but yeah.. I'm not happy with his involvement in production meetings lately. He's the kind of guy who has to have the same exact thing explained to him multiple times.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost

TotalLossBrain posted:

]

I just got back in the office after a week of vacation, and no I don't want to work anymore

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Lol! Snoopy doesn’t talk. He makes weird, squeaky, cartoon-beagle noises.

If it wouldn’t get you written up with HR, I’d suggest a Garfield “I hate Mondays” reply.

Bored fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jun 5, 2023

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

armpit_enjoyer posted:

I'm just waking up, I hope you raked them over the coals! How'd it go?

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

armpit_enjoyer posted:

gently caress yeah, get 'em. get your due and then some.

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

Bored posted:

Lol! Snoopy doesn’t talk. He makes weird, squeaky, cartoon-beagle noises.

If it wouldn’t get you written up with HR, I’d suggest a Garfield “I hate Mondays” reply.

I think I did a Garfield "I hate Mondays" thing a few weeks ago.and got a couple laugh emojis.

I do have to be careful with anything Flintstones related. I went to post a dumb GIF of Fred Flintstone sliding out of work on a Friday and the first option was of him saying "Yabba Dabba Dogshit!"

I'll save that one for if I get laid off or fired.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

blackmet posted:

I think I did a Garfield "I hate Mondays" thing a few weeks ago.and got a couple laugh emojis.

I do have to be careful with anything Flintstones related. I went to post a dumb GIF of Fred Flintstone sliding out of work on a Friday and the first option was of him saying "Yabba Dabba Dogshit!"

I'll save that one for if I get laid off or fired.

It's a living!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Stats they told us they wouldn't collect show that only 2/3 of people are doing the mandatory office days. Every popular suggestion for things that would encourage people back to the office is something they can't provide.

Clearly they just have to enforce it harder. This will have no effect on morale.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Lol, I just reviewed my finances for my project and we basically spun our wheels for the entire duration of my birth leave.

Just not doing any-goddamn-thing. I hate this loving team.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Lol, I just reviewed my finances for my project and we basically spun our wheels for the entire duration of my birth leave.

Just not doing any-goddamn-thing. I hate this loving team.

Hey nothing to catch up on

and the realization your project probably doesn't really matter to most people and you can relax a bit

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

Pyrtanis posted:

I'm just waking up, I hope you raked them over the coals! How'd it go?

It went uneventfully! The mediator asked me to basically go over the entire dispute, which led me to monologuing for nearly two hours without a break. By the end, I was so backed up with piss I genuinely thought I'd crack the porcelain in the office complex bathroom with sheer pressure.

Essentially, though, I laid my case out clearly: the facts stated as my reason for dismissal are easily disproven lies. The fact I was in conflict with a manager was known to both HR and my immediate boss for five months. This is a textbook case of retaliatory firing, which is why I asked for appropriate amounts of money in compensation, as well as a written apology to be published on the company's Linkedin profile. I figured since I have them by the balls anyway, I might make them squeal a little bit.

The company's representative didn't make it to the meeting, which is why I'm saying it went uneventfully — it'll be a week at least before I get a reply. I congratulated myself with a lychee/melon bubble tea and bought a nice potted flower for my ex-turned-bestie bc they happen to live nearby. A good Monday, all in all.

armpit_enjoyer fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jun 5, 2023

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Konar posted:

Hey nothing to catch up on

and the realization your project probably doesn't really matter to most people and you can relax a bit

Yeah, that's kinda where I'm at. Unfortunately we're late as hell, over budget, and our customer sent out a nastygram calling my project out by name.

I'm definitely set up to fail here, but I'm doing my best.

E:VVV Unfortunately I deal in hardware, and the issue is the team keeps doing immediate incorporation of in-process learning after deciding they can't work-around a bent pin, or jump a component that's malfunctioning and update drawings between blocks.

Samuel L. Hacksaw fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jun 5, 2023

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Time to deliver and let it break down as you move onto a new project.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

armpit_enjoyer posted:

Like the previous goon, I'm taking a PTO day as well. I hope you gently caress them up so far and so high they get a nosebleed.

credburn posted:

Still quitting, but gosh

You're one of the few people who post in the thread that I remember because... ugh.
I'm glad you're escaping, and I hope you also suggest to them on your way out that perhaps treating irreplaceable people like dogshit is often a poor approach to success and somewhat stupid.
99% chance they won't listen/care, but it's satisfying to say it.

Edit: Ah, I see. Company rep no-showed. Welp.

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

aas Bandit posted:

Edit: Ah, I see. Company rep no-showed. Welp.

The best part is now they have to schedule another appointment for themselves and I asked the court to assign all of the mediation costs to them. I enjoyed both the pastries and overbooking the conference room :laugh:

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Looking like I'm going to once again have a bunch of pilsner and wheat malt on hand with no immediate use for them. They're pretty easy to use at least. I kind of wish I didn't get the extra wheat malt though. Our smaller, cheaper, and more reliable supplier was out so I ordered from the other one because I was trying to prepare for things following the production meeting. Not really sure when I'll be using that lacto pitch though. At least it's got a long shelf life?

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Half the people I email on a daily basis are named either Eric or Pamela, and it's really starting to annoy me.

Not to mention the multiple Stacys all in different departments, one of whom is a man (I keep getting pronoun corrected when talking about him).

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

"Just clear your cache and cookies! Use chrome! Use edge! Pop out your soft phone! No, dock it!"

The update was bunk, roll it back.

"No our update is fine!"

It's not fine, no one can make or receive calls and it's affecting the entire org of 2500 people who all work remotely.

"Haha the office is fine."

Buddy you're the only one who has been in the office maybe ever good job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!
Is it bad that I an "enjoying" my sick day today instead of working? Summer colds suck, but at least it is less stressful than this weekened. I work at a suburban hardware store. I am quite tired of hearing "Why don't you have ~this~ here? Every hardware store should have ~this~." The ~this~ being things like 500 gallon feed troughs for agricultural use, spark plugs for a 2007 Honda Civic, or a shallow 45MM 6 point 3/8th socket.

Tractor supply is 2 miles away, and they have those tanks stacked up outside, and yes, they are now over 400 dollars. Our store, which has been here for 60 years has never sold these, nor can I order you one.

NAPA is 3 businesses away, which is why we don't carry many auto parts, as we cannot compete in price with them. Yes, they do have the bulk spark plugs for your mower for 50 cents less, so go there. Carded plugs cost more. No, we are not price matching.

Lastly, that socket that you want is not made by anyone, and your impact driver is 3/8ths and will break itself if you try to adapt to the 3/4 45mm socket to remove whatever you are trying to do. You just told me you snapped a 4 foot breaker bar trying to get this off whatever vehicle you are trying to sell for scrap for meth.

I know that inflation has really hurt people, but that doesn't mean you have to be an rear end in a top hat. People have been special ordering things, then when the items shows up, they never come and pay to pick it up, or they then try to haggle the price down.

Custom paint tinting now has an abandonment issue. When it gets abandoned, it gets put in clearance marked down quite a bit. We now add variable amounts of S1, W1, or Y3 in those cans so the color is not exactly what was made, because we tracked people abandoning paint, waiting for it to go on clearance, then buying what they abandoned.

Someone had the gall to buy one of these that they abandoned, then bitterly complain it didn't match their other paint. All clearance paint are advertised as mis-tints, with a splotch of paint showing the color in the can, and not the name of it. Sure you forgot it a few weeks ago, but you didn't call us or stop in for a new can of paint. We are not paying for a professional to come in and re-do your room. You decided the color was the same without comparing it. The newish BMW X5 you are driving makes us think that you can afford 36.99 for a new gallon of paint.

I know our store used to special order items for you without you needing to pay for them till they arrive. Things sometimes change. We now need 15% down on big items since our abandonment of special orders was getting close to 10% on items over 100 dollars. If we send it back, we pay for a 15% re-stocking fee. Big ticket items usually have the least mark-up on them, so we were loosing money.

I Miss Snausages fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jun 5, 2023