Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

hallo spacedog posted:

They will probably mostly both just lie there making sounds but it will still be cute anyway

When my daughter and my nephew were babies they laid there watching each other make bubbles and giggling. Then they'd fall asleep for long stretches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

hallo spacedog posted:

Your 3 year old will still sit in a high chair? drat lucky

Yeah, we've been lucky in many ways, and then unlucky in other: last night was one of most challenging as she spat all around the bedroom, wiped her boogies and blew her nose on the furniture, punched and kicked me, and generally melted down into the wee hours of the night.

But she's been eating well mostly, and she doesn't need to be restrained in the highchair, so who's to know if it's good or bad--to paraphrase dril.

j/k: she's a sweet kid and she's going through potty training with a lot of success, but we still hasn't done the pooping part and it's obviously frustrating her a lot. The behavior, as unpleasant as it can be, is more than justifiable.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

I think the poop part is going to be the issue with our son, because of course we can’t just do the same thing for both kids.

Daughter basically always got poo in the potty since we started potty training (but had a lot of pee/willfulness-based behavioral accidents). Son has the pee stuff down pat but appears to be unchill about pooping without something on his butt. Hm.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

gbut posted:

Yeah, we've been lucky in many ways, and then unlucky in other: last night was one of most challenging as she spat all around the bedroom, wiped her boogies and blew her nose on the furniture, punched and kicked me, and generally melted down into the wee hours of the night.

But she's been eating well mostly, and she doesn't need to be restrained in the highchair, so who's to know if it's good or bad--to paraphrase dril.

j/k: she's a sweet kid and she's going through potty training with a lot of success, but we still hasn't done the pooping part and it's obviously frustrating her a lot. The behavior, as unpleasant as it can be, is more than justifiable.

I get it. Mine is very headstrong and has rejected high chair since she was about 14 months or so iirc. She's adorable and sweet, but she's mostly deadset on breaking my nose with her head and or butt too

In summary kids are a land of contrasts

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

hallo spacedog posted:

I get it. Mine is very headstrong and has rejected high chair since she was about 14 months or so iirc. She's adorable and sweet, but she's mostly deadset on breaking my nose with her head and or butt too

In summary kids are a land of contrasts

I'm legit surprised my toddler has never given me a black eye bonking her head on my face. There's definitely been lingering pain on the cheekbone more than once.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Last weekend one kid for strep. This weekend the other two have strep. It's always on the weekend.

My wife is on a business trip for 3 weeks, and her mom offered to come stay and help... something I wasn't thrilled about, but the kids love her, and my wife accepted. I'm absolutely regretting not rejecting the offer. We're eating lunch, and she's going on about my wife being a bad mother for leaving three young kids. She's saying this in front of the kids, and in not having it. She's supposed to be here 5 more days.

e: so and advice on dealing with lovely inlaws without my spouse as a buffer?

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

Ugh what a crappy situation.

I would say, firmly but kindly, no, my wife is not a bad mom and we don't talk like that about others here. And if she continues, remove the kids from that space every time. They absolutely should not hear her talk about mom that way.

Yes, it might hurt her feelings but since you are putting up a reasonable, respectful boundary then that's for her to process and work through.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

My wife's mother has a tradition of taking my wife and daughter to the garden store and getting everything they need for their gardens together. They've done this since my daughter was 1, and she's 6 now. The pictures are stupid cute, like stop that you jackasses, I'm trying to be cynical over here

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

I just paid my last month of daycare. I more or less have paid for it for 10 years straight.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Alterian posted:

I just paid my last month of daycare ever after paying it for more or less 10 years straight.
The before and after school care the school charges is pennies in comparison.

Alterian posted:

I just paid my last month of daycare. I more or less have paid for it for 10 years straight.

the rare second-day double-post

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
Hell, I'd brag like that too.

morothar
Dec 21, 2005

sheri posted:

Ugh what a crappy situation.

I would say, firmly but kindly, no, my wife is not a bad mom and we don't talk like that about others here. And if she continues, remove the kids from that space every time. They absolutely should not hear her talk about mom that way.

Yes, it might hurt her feelings but since you are putting up a reasonable, respectful boundary then that's for her to process and work through.

This. Embrace the conflict, establish boundaries. Don’t be a dick about it.

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

What did you all do with baby stuff after the kid outgrows it? Stuff like bouncers, pack and plays, and chairs? I've tried donating. Many places near me don't accept it. They did take the clothes thankfully.

If I attempt to sell is Facebook the go to for this?

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

c355n4 posted:

What did you all do with baby stuff after the kid outgrows it?
Attempt to offload it on anyone willing to take it (for free).

There really isn't that much value in used baby stuff. It's better that it goes to someone who might use it than straight into the trash though.

Also, don't buy tons of baby stuff. We have bins of random Fisher Price/Baby Einstein/VTech crap that folks gifted us, often even after we insisted they don't. Of those, our kids were maybe consistently entertained by one of the toys.

The Melissa & Doug ice cream counter is legit good though. Everyone loves to play with it and our kids like to drag it out from time to time still. Definitely got mileage on that.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Today we had a little birthday get together for my kid's 2nd birthday. I got her this robot:

She hugged it and said "I love you, robot." :3:

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Pham Nuwen posted:

the rare second-day double-post

It's been a long few days. I had to tell my 10 and almost 5 year old we had to put our cat down while they were asleep.

morothar
Dec 21, 2005

Alterian posted:

It's been a long few days. I had to tell my 10 and almost 5 year old we had to put our cat down while they were asleep.

Eh. If we didn’t have to pay for childcare any more, I’d probably post it every time it crossed my mind.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

c355n4 posted:

What did you all do with baby stuff after the kid outgrows it? Stuff like bouncers, pack and plays, and chairs? I've tried donating. Many places near me don't accept it. They did take the clothes thankfully.

If I attempt to sell is Facebook the go to for this?

Find your local Facebook "buy nothing" group somebody will take it off your hands

Big ticket items like doona, mamaroo etc you might be able to sell, the mamaroo has an hour counter which is helpful if it's a low hours item

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Alterian posted:

I'm not calling you out for being a bad poster or anything, I just had a sense of deja vu when I read your second post and was amused when I saw how similar the two were.

Sorry to hear about the cat :(

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Thanks for advice on my mother in law; I did tell her in the moment she shouldn't talk like that about their mom like that, but I probably do need to set harder boundaries with her. She's a very hard woman to be around; any boundaries my wife has set in the past with her she's conveniently forgotten. My wife is so used to her mom's manipulative behavior she doesn't notice it, and I've always had a buffer when she's around. My parents were not assholes, so I've never been super comfortable dealing with parents like this (I mean, we've been married 10 years, but in laws live states away, and my wife has always been around to kind of explain their poo poo).

3 more months is daycare cost here. I don't even know what we'll do with all that money. Probably college fund, or pay down the house some more.

Sorry about the cat :(

HolyDukeNukem
Sep 10, 2008

Our twins have started a big speech development jump. Unfortunately our son hasn't figured out how to make "ch" sounds (it comes out like a hard c) so chalk ends up sounding like something very different.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Today's three year old phrase: "I'm just so frustrated!" -- about us wanting to stay in bed at 6am. Get outta here you little butthead.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

For gently caress's sake what is it about me taking a minute to poop which makes everything a crisis

A fly on the screen is NOT worth increasingly voluble yells, come on you're making my butt tense, it's slowing The Process

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Today my daughter (4 1/2) claimed she could say proper R:s, and then went on to prove it. End of an era, I guess.

Then we went to a kid’s concert and she said felt sick and wanted to go home. Then she puked on a lawn and said she felt better. She’s been watching classic cartoons on DVD for a while but now she want to take her bike out for a ride.

All in all, nothing much to report, all is as usual.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Conversations overheard in the car with my 10 year old and her friends.

“Who do you think in our class will be a teen mum, who’d you be a lesbian with and did you know girls put boys penises in their mouths”

Enjoy the baby and toddler phase, this shits spooky.

And yes, my wife and I tried to speak to her about where she learned these things from (her classmates with older siblings) and if she had any questions to talk to us about it, and also sometimes it’s not ok to talk about these things, and she did recognise she wouldn’t speak about them in-front of her little sisters, which showed remarkable sensitivity.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure I was just treated to a 4:45 wake-up because my kid needed to scream and cry and be comforted because of... the hiccups?

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Well, my son has officially graduated from high school. Now for all the rest.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

I guess this is just life now lol

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Hey, Curious George! Love that show. Great music.

Also when will my son catch on that I cannot open the front door if he's standing directly in front of it c'mon bro we do this several times a day

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Ahh just starting off with the toys I see.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

hallo spacedog posted:

Correct. Also, same.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Brawnfire posted:

Hey, Curious George! Love that show. Great music.

Also when will my son catch on that I cannot open the front door if he's standing directly in front of it c'mon bro we do this several times a day

My kid is bonkers obsessed with it, she absolutely loves it

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

hallo spacedog posted:

lol I wish our living room looked as tidy as yours

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

hallo spacedog posted:

Same, but she'll clean up at school. When we ask her at home it takes 3 days for her to move 3 feet to put something away.

At times, I think it's just karmic justice for being a shithead teenager.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

hallo spacedog posted:

For the record, I also love the robot.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Mind_Taker posted:

lol I wish our living room looked as tidy as yours

:sigh: same

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

I’m tired of getting pinkeye. Thanks, kids.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

BadSamaritan posted:

I’m tired of getting pinkeye. Thanks, kids.

My kid has been reaching into her pullups to scratch her rear end recently and yesterday got a ton of poo poo on her hand. After I changed her and washed her hands, she proceeded to rub her eyes for like 25 seconds straight. I hope I washed her hands good enough! :stonklol:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Poop crimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

hallo spacedog posted:

lol no eventually it'll be messy