Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

who could have possibly seen this coming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

was obvious bollocks. cmon you guys don't think they get the news or TV/movies in prison? pretty sure there are a buttload of smartphones in there too.

I'm not from the US and I don't know how that third world country operates.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I'm not from the US and I don't know how that third world country operates.

neither am i but cmon

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

im permabanned poster harveystomper58. i first started reading gbs when i was about 40. by 50 i got really obsessed with the concept of "prison" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like ""cum town sounds like the prison shower" and "curated by goons encylopedia of modern internet life. I think I might organize the links and such by category in a self-hosted wiki for him." in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of GBS humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" GBS to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to being a pathological liar. peace.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

neither am i but cmon

I was too trusting and too involved,ok. I kept in contact with another ex con goon poster and we've become friends..i wanted to believe.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

isaboo posted:

He'll continue to post on his own, I'm sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHVR485txX8

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Harvey was the imaginary rabbit in that Jimmy Stewart movie. :tinfoil:

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

i wanted to believe.
Me too. By now I should have known better

Das Boo posted:

This popped into my head when I started reading this thread the other day

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

im permabanned poster harveystomper58. i first started reading gbs when i was about 40. by 50 i got really obsessed with the concept of "prison" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like ""cum town sounds like the prison shower" and "curated by goons encylopedia of modern internet life. I think I might organize the links and such by category in a self-hosted wiki for him." in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of GBS humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" GBS to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to being a pathological liar. peace.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
the real harvey was the movie/tv recommendations we got along the way

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

sube
Nov 7, 2022

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

hmm, think I'm leaning :gas: on this thread

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
i still think we could get some good out of this. people were clearly interested in connecting with prisoners, maybe you can start a pen pal system to recommend them video game essayists

loving dorks lmao

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

OP why did you have to pretend fake prison man was a hero who murdered a child molester? that's the weirdest part imo

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

OP why did you have to pretend fake prison man was a hero who murdered a child molester? that's the weirdest part imo

"guy who murdered a child molester out of revenge" garners more sympathy than "guy who murdered someone out of revenge"

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

No zoozoos? :smith:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Das Boo posted:

Das Boo is an anagram for
DsaBoo

curious

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

i still think we could get some good out of this. people were clearly interested in connecting with prisoners, maybe you can start a pen pal system to recommend them video game essayists

loving dorks lmao
killing my drug dealer was the real 'dark souls'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

flying into a violent flashback-induced rage when patches kicks me into a pit after taking my money

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I suppose what gets me the most is that this has fallen into the classic "goon gimmick is wildly more successful than the main account so I must out myself so everyone sees how amazing I am" trope

I mean, if you have a successful gimmick, own it whether it's real or not. You can still post on your main and no one will ever know!

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
wait til twitter gets a load of this!!!

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
clearly this thread highlights the need for a forums accounts for prisoners program

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I think that would violate the Geneva convention

dobbymoodge
Mar 8, 2005

Y'all, if OP had been an actual murderer he'd have been banned, it's like a rule or something.

I guess what I'm saying is

MODS KNEW

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

dobbymoodge posted:

Y'all, if OP had been an actual murderer he'd have been banned, it's like a rule or something.

I guess what I'm saying is

MODS KNEW

Oh poo poo

Goddamn Hippy
Jan 18, 2006
This is an outrage! How dare you tell me lies to make me feel good about life.. I bet you dont have any zoo zoos.. DO THEY EVEN CALL THEM ZOO ZOOS HARVEY???

What have I become?

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

What was the message that gave it up?

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I suppose what gets me the most is that this has fallen into the classic "goon gimmick is wildly more successful than the main account so I must out myself so everyone sees how amazing I am" trope

I mean, if you have a successful gimmick, own it whether it's real or not. You can still post on your main and no one will ever know!

but what better way to harvest, uh, disappointment

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Goldmine

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Wendigee posted:

I'm the crazy person telling a ex con to watch anime and play video games for some reason like it will help them "catch up" for multiple pages

https://i.imgur.com/TezeOR6.mp4

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

isaboo posted:

Welcome to the internet, Harvey. May your stay be a wholesome and productive one.

Most people here are nice and we have some seriously gifted creative types. I'm sure you'll find your place in our little community.

Since you watch a lot of TV, come chat with us in the TVIV subforum. You mentioned you like Succession, and we have a thread for it here.

Also, I would be remiss not to invite you to the best thread on this site, the sardine thread.

lol op making sure to post in their own thread to avoid suspicion and 6 minutes later posting on the alt

plaintiff posted:

Also go get a library card, wherever you are should have e-resources you can access for free with it

Cannon_Fodder posted:

OH! Get your hands on a bicycle.

If outside is doing it for you, this poo poo rules. I discovered how much I loving loved cycling in my mid-20s but it's so low-impact that it's a sport/practice I will keep doing until I croak. I can ride 50 miles and none of my joints hurt. Running destroys me.

Plus, you can get around. If you're in rural America and poor, this is a pretty good solution.

plaintiff posted:

Also go get a library card, wherever you are should have e-resources you can access for free with it

skateboardjesus posted:

Serious advice, watch some Youtube wood working videos that use pallet wood and then go pick up the amount of saws and clamps you can afford and sell stuff on facebook marketplace.
My stepdad makes stupid easy money selling garbage to rubes and he just picks pallets up from behind the dollar stores for free. Makes planters for trees and other large plants.

You can learn tons of stuff like that for free on youtube and elsewhere.

XYZAB posted:

I just realized that you may have missed out on the revelation that UFOs are real. In 2017 the US Navy admitted to chasing a bunch of them around Catalina Island in 2004 (plus at least two other incidences), and nobody knows what the gently caress they are or where they come from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFxZEm2wMl4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpeSpA3e56A

And if UFO stuff in general is of any interest to you, this new documentary about a case that occurred in Brazil in 1996 is loving bonkers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE7hVSlk7Zw

I guess what I’m getting at is that you should spend some time outside at night enjoying the stars now that you are afforded that luxury, because you might see some super weird poo poo.

Also, if you haven’t seen it, Breaking Bad is the best TV show of all time.

Alan Smithee posted:

Adding to what people are saying about money definitely talk to someone you trust before making a big decision. Even to give some away. People have mentioned how cons have evolved but it’s hard to really understate how entangled they are culturally. Crypto people make themselves known for example, but you also start seeing big news companies start to push them (usually starts as them giving their crypto stories to knucklehead interns who surprise surprise are pro crypto) but you also see people lose investments from “legitimate” sources like pensions and none of them who put money in even realized where it was going

There’s also AI poo poo now but even we’re still wrapping our heads around it

:thanks:

sage advice from goons

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
OP i hope they send you back and give you the chair

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i was arrested 20 years ago, before library cards existed

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
fart

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Gas fart

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Peggy Edson posted:

"guy who murdered a child molester out of revenge" garners more sympathy than "guy who murdered someone out of revenge"

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

i only wish we had gotten some backstory on lamar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plaintiff
May 15, 2015

Peggy Edson posted:

lol op making sure to post in their own thread to avoid suspicion and 6 minutes later posting on the alt

:thanks:

sage advice from goons

I'm real fwiw, I just usually lurk because I have nothing funny or informative to post in most circumstances