Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

steinrokkan posted:

It's the same as egeez - there's a core of an idea, but Nathen couldn't figure out what role he could play in executing it, so he tries to insert himself as a useless middle man

Eegeez made a lot less sense and it's end goal was to protect Brand from counterfeiters. This has a somewhat noble goal at least in trying to get people to eat healthier with a touch of corporate social responsibility thrown in there, but a lot like Eegeez, I don't think he has any idea how he's going to accomplish that goal. The guys he has signed on with him seem to be a lot more serious than he is though so maybe they have an idea of how to make this work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
there’s not anything to it. there’s no regulations covering this sort of thing. it’s more chemophobia “don’t eat what you can’t pronounce” nonsense that’s designed to increase the moral attractiveness of food while not actually doing anything regarding nutrition, workers rights, or, perhaps, co2 emitted in its production. it’s bs.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

and i say his farm2plate bs was just that because there was as i recall no evidence he did anything different.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
He used a few buzz words and created a basic website with no follow up or ins with details of plans, what more can you ask for ?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

mediaphage posted:

and i say his farm2plate bs was just that because there was as i recall no evidence he did anything different.

The "Farm2plate" thing was dubious anyway because there's zero loving chance his frozen lasagna business was using fresh farm ingredients. Neither were the hot dogs from Scooby Doo Eats.

Duckman2008 posted:

He used a few buzz words and created a basic website with no follow up or ins with details of plans, what more can you ask for ?

It's enough to keep Dad off his back for a while. Plus he hired the DARPA Chief Decoy Octopus to sit on his board so as long as no one has FoxDie, it should work out.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Jun 5, 2023

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Farm2Plate is a concept that specifically precludes, and was created as a reaction to stuff such as frozen meals. Nathen just liked the sound of it and used it even though it made no sense

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Frank Frank posted:

It's enough to keep Dad off his back for a while.

Lol this wouldn’t surprise me if this what causes him to have so many random and never completed ideas. Either way, I’m all for it, keeps having new content for the thread.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Farm fresh hot dogs

Megaraptor
Dec 10, 2004

Life, uh...finds a way
He keeps saying he's going to have a gallery (art show?) for NathenEats of cereal boxes and paint, that's nostalgic and reminds him of happy childhood but also scathingly reveals the evils of profiting from processed foods, and he has all these promos made for the gallery and I guarantee you he hasn't made a single painting or "piece" and I don't think he will. Promoting new things is what he likes even if they aren't real, it's just fascinating.

E: "I'm an ideas man, Michael!"

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns
I also fully support the Vega approach to trolls w/r/t rambling about one's own beauty as a reply to unrelated negativity

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Megaraptor posted:

He keeps saying he's going to have a gallery (art show?) for NathenEats of cereal boxes and paint, that's nostalgic and reminds him of happy childhood but also scathingly reveals the evils of profiting from processed foods, and he has all these promos made for the gallery and I guarantee you he hasn't made a single painting or "piece" and I don't think he will. Promoting new things is what he likes even if they aren't real, it's just fascinating.

E: "I'm an ideas man, Michael!"

I think we gave him too much credit in assuming that the gallery will be him painting on cereal boxes, because he posted this to his instagram:

He says this is just an ad and not a piece that will be in the gallery, but I'm still betting it's 100% just going to be a gallery of AI generated art

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
whoa look at the organic engagement that post is getting

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns
This is in no way a clean label product

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

kntfkr posted:

whoa look at the organic engagement that post is getting

*entergagement tyvm

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
WTF, he’s keeping the Nathfield gimmick alive? I thought he killed it

Also are “ghost artists” a thing? I can totally see him just paying somebody else to make some art

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
He keeps every gimmick alive

He killed the dog, but the ScoobyEats account is still posting

I guess if people aren't entergaging with his social media, he must become the social media by making sock puppets out of the corpses of his past projects

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

Now I'm curious about which art gallery (if any) will be desperate enough to display this blatant AI collection

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

im saint germain posted:

Now I'm curious about which art gallery (if any) will be desperate enough to display this blatant AI collection

It's in cyberspace

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

im saint germain posted:

It's a "private art gallery" which means one room somewhere that you can pay to "exhibit" at

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
"never eat ingredients you can't pronounce" shut the gently caress up Nathen

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
That's it. I'm going to live in corn & cotton candy land.

Nathfield's unrelenting horniness is worrisome.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

im saint germain posted:

This is in no way a clean label product

Ceci n'est pas une clean label.

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib
JIKES!!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
:siren: New website just dropped :siren:

https://www.nathenmazri.com/

EMBRACE THE WHIMSICAL

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i think he's finally gotten over the garfield thing

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

quote:

“Nathen used his pain and turned it into a purpose. He took that purpose and branded a new movement - Arabioloisis.”
— Laura Ries, author of Visual Hammer & Battlecry, Fox News Commentator, & daughter of brand guru,Al Ries, author of 22 Immutable Laws of Branding

VISUAL HAMMER AND BATTLECRY

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Frank Frank posted:

:siren: New website just dropped :siren:

https://www.nathenmazri.com/

EMBRACE THE WHIMSICAL

lol all the instagram videos at the bottom of the page are broken links

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

CodfishCartographer posted:

lol all the instagram videos at the bottom of the page are broken links

Excuse me. I believe you were ordered to embrace the whimsical.

Also lol that the entire NathenEats tab just just a giant white field with a text blurb and nothing else.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jun 7, 2023

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
That first page is loving insanity. Love to quote Jennifer Love Hewitt from the Cameo I wrote that I paid her to read.

It also reads like a pathetic list of Nathen's failures, Jesus

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I think you meant to say, “Nathen’s greatest hits”

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
If capitalism was personified as a man with attention deficit disorder, it would be Nathen.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
nathen is already the personification of capitalism--a pathetic, mewling thing that wishes you would give it all your money in exchange for its garbage. we have simply given it power through society's collective agreement to its economic theory, but make no mistake that every single capitalist on the face of this earth is just a less-embarrassed mazri

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I'm not a millionaire; I'm a temporarily successful Nathfield

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Wait is he still keeping Garfieldeats around, like surely this long closed it should be GarfieldAte?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

dr_rat posted:

Wait is he still keeping Garfieldeats around, like surely this long closed it should be GarfieldAte?

He will never, ever stop bragging about the World’s Youngest Blah Blah and the Twitter account is useful as a sock puppet along with Scoobs

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I'm really disappointed that the new website doesn't have an embedded .wav/midi file playing on a loop in the background.

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!
Ruh roh!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Frank Frank posted:

I'm really disappointed that the new website doesn't have an embedded .wav/midi file playing on a loop in the background.

Oh, the love me, feed me jingle would elevate the site immensely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Decoy Octopus is going to be pissed.