Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
He is calling everyone he doesn't like the Joker because the Joker is associated with chaos.

Except he decided that wasn't weird or dumb enough on its own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
I dunno he seems normal to me

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1665474542557356033?t=Vm0nEDoUCsnRuNRepEBbDw&s=19

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
My man wants to gently caress a clown real bad

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
clussin on main

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The joker doesn’t like bat eyelashes, though.

Nice Tuckpointing!
Nov 3, 2005

Nah, he just thinks that's what normal girlie makeup looks like.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Oh god, somebody's told him about Clown Corps.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
Does he know that he's a moralist?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
He's not a lying moralist though ofc everything he says is the truth

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
drat this is just pathetic

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

Im kindof impressed he can keep spiraling further, like these recent comments he makes have nothing to do with the articles hes quoting. Its like hes glitching out. The swimsuit edition era peterson was at least reacting to something in a coherent way (albiet boomerish)

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

I don’t want to defend Jorp because he’s hateful and enjoys a lot of privilege. And his level of influence makes that hate more harmful.

But is there a cut-off point where it doesn’t make sense to be angered by someone? If I saw a clearly mentally ill person deep in the thralls of addiction on the street, rambling something like this, I would probably feel sympathy for them more than any other emotion.

It seems like social media just makes a lot of people’s illnesses and substance abuse disorders much more public, and many of those people happen to be public figures.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Halisnacks posted:

I don’t want to defend Jorp because he’s hateful and enjoys a lot of privilege. And his level of influence makes that hate more harmful.

But is there a cut-off point where it doesn’t make sense to be angered by someone? If I saw a clearly mentally ill person deep in the thralls of addiction on the street, rambling something like this, I would probably feel sympathy for them more than any other emotion.

It seems like social media just makes a lot of people’s illnesses and substance abuse disorders much more public, and many of those people happen to be public figures.

When the person is less successful than me.

Hating on jorp - good. Jorp probably still makes money for this poo poo

Hating on bam margera - bad. Bam is homeless.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
He's turning 62 in a week!

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Jorp has major influence and uses it to be a complete piece of poo poo, there's no problem with hating him. Also it's not like his positions have changed at all, he was pushing the same bigotry before he started losing it

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
notorious clown fucker jordan b. peterson

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

My man wants to gently caress a clown real bad

Ngl that make up wouldn't stop me.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

Halisnacks posted:

You can be mentally ill, and also a piece of poo poo rear end in a top hat.

Even if someone was in the midst of a severe psychological episode and was flinging their own feces at strangers, it is completely fine for people to say "christ what a loving rear end in a top hat". Because they are being an rear end in a top hat.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Halisnacks posted:

It makes sense to hate someone who uses his masive platform to make life worse for lots of people. Especially people who are already marginalized.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Jordan Peterson is an awful person for promoting his own awful views, but it is also entirely possible that he is mentally unwell and what remains of his credibility is being used to give a certain level of authority to other peoples' views that he himself may not really be cognizant of.

These are not exactly mutually exclusive beliefs. Not that I mean to "diagnose" someone, but even if we assume that he is "unwell" now, the only difference between him being unwell and not is that he'd still be more likely to couch certain terminology.

He'd still be just as bad, but less baffling and embarrassing in terms of his public statements.

Hamburger Sandwich
Nov 24, 2007

Halisnacks posted:

I mean one is a person rambling on the street and the other enjoys a lot of privilege with a level of influence which makes that hate more harmful.

Plus, Peterson is a self-help guy and a clinical psychologist. He's had opportunities to follow his own advice and reevaluate his thought, but it's pretty clear that he just doesn't want to confront the fact that he doesn't know much and has been wrong about of a lot of things for a long time now.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Benny Harvey posted:

Ngl that make up wouldn't stop me.

Considering he keeps posting gender swapped joker I think the make up is a selling point

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
https://twitter.com/TallBart/status/1665565557427433472

Unrelated but short and funny.

https://twitter.com/TallBart/status/1665498254857912328

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

kntfkr posted:

notorious clown fucker jordan b. peterson

Inane Clown Posse.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Inane Clown Posse.

Sensible_chuckle.mp4

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Halisnacks posted:

That point is "when they don't have platform they use to cause harm."

Jorp is not at that point yet.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

I don’t really get the point of these, like jorp says insanely stupid poo poo on his own, cutting his words up almost gives him more credibility.

When Sarah Palin was “parodied” they (Tina Fey) just repeated her words verbatim. It really underlined how ludicrously stupid, ignorant, and unqualified she was.

The jorp is dumb enough on his own to me…

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

It's just youtube poop. No bigger goal than being funny

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

pseudanonymous posted:

I don’t really get the point of these, like jorp says insanely stupid poo poo on his own, cutting his words up almost gives him more credibility.

When Sarah Palin was “parodied” they (Tina Fey) just repeated her words verbatim. It really underlined how ludicrously stupid, ignorant, and unqualified she was.

I find them funny. :shrug:

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

They always make me laugh.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean I find them funny because a lot of them are more coherent than whatever Jorp is now

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean I find them funny because a lot of them are more coherent than whatever Jorp is now

:agreed:

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

Please never stop posting these. They make me laugh out loud more than I want to admit.

Never forget: “you didn’t build that”… gently caress the right

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Yeah the bigger thing is about projecting all the hate out into the world.

That's what makes it so gross. There is no need to do that. Taking advantage of vulnerable people. There is no need to spread harm.

And I can kind of get it if it's a grift. Money is money. Trick idiots into handing you their cash. It sucks, and you are a piece of poo poo human. But at some level it makes sense.

But to actively make things worse, gently caress you if you are unwell or whatever. You aren't so unwell that you aren't still sharp enough to fleece rubes. I saw a very unwell man in the park today. I know him. He was drunk as a skunk at noon. and passed out. I checked on him, and he was non responsive to verbal stimulus, was breathing and did respond to physical stimulus.

And this unwell guy? He wasn't hurting anyone but himself. On we go. That is what's hosed. Don't use "I am a smart guy with creds" to hurt people for like... the fun of it? That's hosed up.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Both of these are pretty funny

5er
Jun 1, 2000

"If I don't like your moral position, you're a liar. Peepee poopoo doody."

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

what the gently caress

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I don't think JBP is a cute totalitarian parody at all, nothing cute about him

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

the cut up jorp vids remind me of garys mod/hl2 nonsense lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

pseudanonymous posted:

It's funny because it's nonsensical, but you also know the right-wing shitheads that are having their words mashed up would become enraged about it if they knew.