Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm coming from 10 years and nearly 15,000 hours of playing Path of Exile. I have to find 160 statues??? I only have to do this...once??? What do you mean I have to do the campaign once period, forever???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Seasons are worth jumping into because of whatever gimmick they do.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Vasudus posted:

I'm coming from 10 years and nearly 15,000 hours of playing Path of Exile. I have to find 160 statues??? I only have to do this...once??? What do you mean I have to do the campaign once period, forever???

Imagine if you had to run point-and-click platforming challenges to unlock your class mechanic

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I'm torn between Druid and Necro. Is there a question I should be asking to pick between them? I don't care too much about the summoning aspect of either class. I've seen on Reddit that resource generation is limiting fun in the game. Does one of those suffer from that more than the other?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

necro has no movement ability at all, like 0, you're hoofing it everywhere, at least druid has trample and shred teleport

edit: and yes, same as below, druid is way more resource starved than necro

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

KingKapalone posted:

I've seen on Reddit that resource generation is limiting fun in the game. Does one of those suffer from that more than the other?

In that specific regard: Druid, unquestionably.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

KingKapalone posted:

I'm torn between Druid and Necro. Is there a question I should be asking to pick between them? I don't care too much about the summoning aspect of either class. I've seen on Reddit that resource generation is limiting fun in the game. Does one of those suffer from that more than the other?

All classes have to deal with resource generation, I'm playing a poison build druid that has no companions but part of the whole rotation is hitting your generator until you're full of spirit and using the other one to expend it all then rinse/repeat. Just pick the one that looks more interesting to you :shrug:

Edit: oh apparently it's the druid. I haven't really found it obnoxious though it's just part of my rotation of skills I have to hit.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Try to get in as much as you can in the next 9 hours, that is when the floodgates open. :P

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

World first hardcore 100 is done, with a few groups close behind as well:

https://www.d4race.com/

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
hey I played that guy's build in PoE a couple leagues ago. what a gamer

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Anyone got a good guide to installing this on steam deck?

Is there any way to see the range for legendary aspect rolls in-game? I can't tell how to figure out if I have a good roll or not.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

KingKapalone posted:

If you aren't doing summons then I would probably shy away from Necro, the Summoning Class. Probably pick Sorc over Necro if Druid doesn't rub you the right way.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Stux posted:

trying out a d2 build that accidentally picks the 50% of the skill trees that are literally unusable lol

Sweating bullets as my trembling mouse hand clicks on skill buttons while I nervously look between two monitors to triple check my icy veins guide.

I click on Charged Bolts and shed a single tear. I have brought shame to my family.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Bold Robot posted:

Is there any way to see the range for legendary aspect rolls in-game? I can't tell how to figure out if I have a good roll or not.

You can turn on advanced tool tips in the options menu

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011

Bold Robot posted:

I downloaded Lutris in desktop mode. From there there’s a plus icon that lets you search for games. Search Diablo IV and the install script should install battle net.

Open battle net and install Diablo IV. From there I had to rerun the install script to get the Diablo IV to actually show up in Lutris and then added that to Steam.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

CuddleCryptid posted:

If you aren't doing summons then I would probably shy away from Necro, the Summoning Class. Probably pick Sorc over Necro if Druid doesn't rub you the right way.

I haven't used minions in like 50 levels, bone necro owns

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

One more day for us poors/non pay pigs!

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
should i be levelling my active skills or mostly passives? i smashed through wt2 with zero issues as a wotb barb with one point in each chosen active (plus the sub-abilities) but i'm wondering if i should respec and focus up?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

sponges posted:

One more day for us poors/non pay pigs!

Can't wait to spam the wings emote non stop at you commoners

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

acumen posted:

I haven't used minions in like 50 levels, bone necro owns

Yeah the pro move is to sacrifice all your minions. I have been having a lot of fun with my minion build though. I got some legendaries that increase the number of mages and warriors I can summon.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Horizon Burning posted:

should i be levelling my active skills or mostly passives? i smashed through wt2 with zero issues as a wotb barb with one point in each chosen active (plus the sub-abilities) but i'm wondering if i should respec and focus up?

As far as I could tell, putting more points into an active skill just buffs its damage. Whereas some passives can make your build more interesting. Like the one for necromancers that makes corpse consumption generate essence. I barely use my basic generator, except in lulls in boss fights.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don’t understand the extract a legendary system . Afaict you can get them all from dungeons and it’s much cheaper to do it that way .

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

euphronius posted:

I don’t understand the extract a legendary system . Afaict you can get them all from dungeons and it’s much cheaper to do it that way .

the ones from dungeons are always the worst roll, if it was a 100-300% increase or something, dungeon one is always 100. and lots are drop-only as well

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Working my way through the campaign, only in act 2 but I'm level 44 on my Necro. It's weird looking at a variety of endgame builds and seeing how prevalent the Blighted Corpse Explosion is. I think like 4/5 of the endgame builds on Icy Veins use it. It's good, no question, I just hope there are some more competitive options for variety's sake.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Horizon Burning posted:

I'd focus on getting your active skills unlocked then start working on passives to improve them.

euphronius posted:

I'm also not entirely sure of the details but imprinting the ones you get from dungeons seem to apply them at a lower stat roll than ones you can find and extract from legendaries. So you have a codex of infinite use aspects of middling quality but will still want to look for legendaries with those aspects that likely have better rolls.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

euphronius posted:

The ones you get from dungeons are bad

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Bold Robot posted:

Lutris works, or you can add the BNet installer to steam, install the launcher in desktop mode, add the launcher to steam, install D4 in game mode

explosivo posted:

I'd focus on getting your active skills unlocked then start working on passives to improve them.

I'm also not entirely sure of the details but imprinting the ones you get from dungeons seem to apply them at a lower stat roll than ones you can find and extract from legendaries. So you have a codex of infinite use aspects of middling quality but will still want to look for legendaries with those aspects that likely have better rolls.

aspects from dungeons will always have the lowest rolls, its more bad luck protection and to help get builds started more than anything

CBD Corndog fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jun 5, 2023

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I am really liking the direction, this is probably the best game in the series so far. The Grind QoL improvements alone like potions upgrading, mounts, and enchantment handling are phenomenal. Portalling around is a CINCH.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Vasudus posted:

This but Diablo 3 and only had to do campaign once.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Just hit 20 on my Druid last night and I now have like 3 more abilities than I have buttons on my PS5 controller. What the heck do I do, just pick my favorite skills? I’ve got an amulet that gives +1 to all Wrath skills, so it’s not like I spent points on a bunch of active abilities.

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jun 5, 2023

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

euphronius posted:

Min maxing euphronius!!! You know this!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Just hit 20 on my Druid last night and I now have like 3 more abilities than I have buttons on my PS5 controller. What the heck do I do, just pick my favorite skills? I’ve got an amulet that gives +1 to all Wrath skills, so it’s not like I spent points on a bunch of actives abilities.

Correct, you can only fit so many skills in your bar. It's annoying.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Just hit 20 on my Druid last night and I now have like 3 more abilities than I have buttons on my PS5 controller. What the heck do I do, just pick my favorite skills? I’ve got an amulet that gives +1 to all Wrath skills, so it’s not like I spent points on a bunch of actives abilities.

You only get the six buttons I think regardless of how many abilities.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

You'll need to pick a core set of abilities you want to use and stick to those, there'll be gear you find that gives you +1 in various abilities that you may or may not be using while leveling and I usually just ignored em since gear gets replaced pretty quickly at that stage. Later on you can be more pickie-choosie about only getting gear that gives bonuses to abilities you actually want to use.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass

CuddleCryptid posted:

Sorc is the class I'm least interested in at the moment. Those elements don't really interest me right now for some reason.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

External Organs posted:

if I have one complaint about this game is that I should be allowed to have a small army of plants and animals following me as a druid while also allowing me to turn into a bear and shoot lightning out of my rear end, but with only 6 abilities I can only do one of those things

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

External Organs posted:

explosivo posted:

You'll need to pick a core set of abilities you want to use and stick to those, there'll be gear you find that gives you +1 in various abilities that you may or may not be using while leveling and I usually just ignored em since gear gets replaced pretty quickly at that stage. Later on you can be more pickie-choosie about only getting gear that gives bonuses to abilities you actually want to use.

Ok yeah that’s kinda what I figured. Although I usually end up forgetting what goes to what and end up just jumping into a bunch of dudes and spamming whatever skill is available. Works great so far! Druid owns.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Druid is Dudes Rock personified, seems like

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I got into the post story stuff last night and it really fuckin sucks when in a group the grim favor objectives don't seem to be shared between party members. I'm not sure if it's possible for those to match up so we all can run the same dungeon for favors or not but considering how the rest of the party integration works I am leaning towards no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

As expected they stealth nerfed Maugrin's at about 2am est. Me and my buddies got to our low 70s running it a bunch yesterday and got a lot of loot. After the stealth fix I noticed a weird bug with corpses, sometimes when I was fighting a large group of enemies the corpses on the ground would just disappear. There were also times when my character would do the animation for Corpse Explosion/Tendrils and consume a corpse but not actually cast a spell. With the nerfs yesterday I am looking to move away from Corpse Explosion as a resource generator, unless I can snag the Unique scythe which makes it detonate up to 5 corpses per cast. Bone Necro still feels good if you are fighting lots of enemies, but it really struggles against stuff that takes longer than 10 seconds to kill if you don't have a stream of fodder to make new corpses. I also moved away from the Blood Orb method of resource generation because, at least for my character right now, trying to get close to big packs on t4 to pick up Blood Orbs is too dangerous.

As far as gearing goes from moving from t2 > t3, you will get a big power spike equipping sacred items, but I didn't really replace any gear at all from like level 50 to 65ish when I got to t4 and got ancient items. Its important to get rares with good stats for your build and imprint/upgrade/enchant/socket them. If you do that once at the beginning of t3 with rares good for your build, you should be okay going all the way to t4 without spending resources after that initial amount.