Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

George H.W. oval office posted:

Is there an oh poo poo get out of game quick method for hardcore?

There's a scroll of escape that ports you to town. Alt-f4'ing keeps your character logged in for a bit so you will die trying to get out POE-style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Wasn’t the issue with Diablo more about them somehow slapping high heels on a demon

Or was that Kerrigan in SC2

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Tiny Timbs posted:

Wasn’t it more about them somehow slapping high heels on a demon

That reminds me, I grew up evangelical, fully steeped in that "every hollywood/pop culture thing is from Satan and is trying to despoil your soul" and I still have that voice in the back of my head and man, my youth pastors would've gone utterly insane if we had had Diablo 4 back in the early 90s.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Magus42 posted:

I quit doing most events because I never see another human during them and they're all balanced around more than 1 person.

Your total points, so no gimmicking it with alts to quickly max it, which is what it sounds like they attempted :)

The campaign skip is an option on character creation, so probably not. Given the level I would delete/reroll.

the events are harder solo at lower levels when you lack gear and skills, once you get more levels and better poo poo they are pretty easy to get done solo. Some of them are a little tricker than others, in particular the only one i give myself a 70/30 on beating mastery level of is the one where you have to feed the blood obelisks, since sometimes you just get nothing but ranged guys who refuse to get in the circles. One of them that had a catch i didn't notice right away was the one about 'killing the guy with this dude's soul' which is just shown by a guy with some green gas poo poo around him.

Whenever there's those Big Multiplayer events like the legion events i've always had other players in it, but the standard orange circle ones should be easy enough.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

InventorOfTrees posted:

I mean D3 literally made Diablo trans. Blizzard has been trailblazing the LGBT representation in hell for over a decade!

I've never heard of this before/dont remember most of D3's plot and unsurprisingly googling "diablo gender" doesn't help so I'll just believe it. So Diablo wants to take over Sanctuary, God forbid women do anything.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
It's not that the events aren't doable, but I find myself failing the better rewards chest on most of them when solo which reduces the payoff quite a bit :)

e: I'm also pushing campaign hard because I want to try Necro again but need campaign skip first

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Tiny Timbs posted:

Wasn’t the issue with Diablo more about them somehow slapping high heels on a demon

Or was that Kerrigan in SC2

Both. The Online Gamer Contingent was angry about femme diablo for the usual Very Online Gamer reasons.

There were also people mad at lady diablo (diabla?) being too sexy because the only time you get women in games they're sexualized etc., and the wasp waist, heels, and boobs were part of that.

They really did strike the perfect chord to get people angry at them from both ends of the spectrum.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib
Signed up for CoG as BabelFish#1124!

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Legendary/aspects management is awful. The stash need a big QoL pass soon.

nerox
May 20, 2001
Is there a post that confirms what all is one and done through seasons?

Things I know are:
Statues of Lilith
Campaign completion

Things I hope are:
Aspect dungeon unlocks
First three account rewards on reputation track (number of pots and skill points)

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

In D3 Diablo exploded out of Leah and I thought it was a cool touch that Diablo borrowed a lot of his new form from her.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Wilson's vision for Diablo III appealed to absolutely no one.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

I wasn't getting any legendaries other than the Act completion drops at first but yesterday when I started playing I got 4 within my first 15 minutes of playing. It was right around when I hit level 30. Didn't have that much luck the rest of the day but I still got a couple more.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dungeons seem to be where the legendary drop chance is the highest. Its uniques that are the real rare drops.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
When raising secondary characters in adventure mode, are people just doing dungeons? Side quests? Tree poo poo?

Not quite sure what’s more efficient if I just want this dude at 50 pretty fast

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

zoux posted:

That reminds me, I grew up evangelical, fully steeped in that "every hollywood/pop culture thing is from Satan and is trying to despoil your soul" and I still have that voice in the back of my head and man, my youth pastors would've gone utterly insane if we had had Diablo 4 back in the early 90s.

My niece asked me years ago for my Diablo skull statue from the D3 collector's edition, the one that has the glowing soulstone USB drive sticking out of its head, and my religious mother told her no. She used to tear up our cassette tape inserts if they had raunchy art or lyrics and burned my brother's vampire the masquerade Book of Nod or Caine or something.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

You'll also get a whole ton of legendaries from gambling which is the real reason to do events.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Diablo 3 is like Spider-Man 3 where people correctly agree that the story is bad but the parts they hate (Diablo with boobs, Tobey Maguire Stayin' Alive) are actually the best parts.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Good Citizen posted:

When raising secondary characters in adventure mode, are people just doing dungeons? Side quests? Tree poo poo?

Not quite sure what’s more efficient if I just want this dude at 50 pretty fast

I do tree poo poo, which sometimes includes doing dungeons, stopping at every event that I happen to cross. Doing tree stuff keeps your gear current in addition to being a boatload of xp.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

zoux posted:

yesss cant wait

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Holy hell Act 5 is great

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

wizard2 posted:

yesss cant wait

It is very Satanic and very cool

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

How do people have time to sink 12+ hours into a game every day, do you not work/have kids/a wife

alcaras
Oct 3, 2013

noli timere
apparently if you move your mouse further away from your mount... your mount will go faster

if the mouse cursor is closer to the mount it will go slower

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

And it’s 12 hours a day for something you don’t even like.

60 hours in after 4 days: ehh there just isn’t enough content/ it’s not for me

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
I've paid a man to shoot me in the back of the head if I ever play a video game for more than 200 hours

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

FootballFreak2 posted:

How do people have time to sink 12+ hours into a game every day, do you not work/have kids/a wife

I got a vasectomy last Friday and took through today off. It's been awesome and I'm so glad the game is fun enough to put 60+ hours into because otherwise I would have had to actually touch my game backlog.

Bummed about work tomorrow really wanted to hit 100 but think I'll fixzle out at around 75 tonight.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That cinematic in act 5 is one of the best they ever have done

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

FootballFreak2 posted:

Job with generous PTO and DINK lifestyle.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

The Fattest PI posted:

The citizens of the diablo world love 2 things:

Dying horribly
Building insanely huge underground structures that consist of narrow walkways and bottomless pits on both sides

My wife and I were talking about this yesterday, Diablo is probably the worst video game universe to be an NPC in. Just slowly starving & freezing to death until eventually a goatman eats your wife and then a demon skins you alive for fun, then your body is just flung onto a bone pile underground for a Nephalem to whack with his sword in search of a health potion.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don’t have kids and would strongly recommend against getting some if you like playing video games or having money and free time

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

faantastic posted:

I got a vasectomy last Friday

D4 is good but I didn't think it was THAT good, wow

zoux posted:

I don’t have kids and would strongly recommend against getting some if you like playing video games or having money and free time

Yeah casually giving up 18 years of your life that could be spent grinding for legendaries is crazy to me.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Finished all my altars. I really hope they change renown unlocks for the seasons, because getting 2000 in each region is really unpleasant, the altars were a breeze but I got to renown 5 in 2 regions and just didn't want to do it anymore.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Messing with an ancient oath chain barb build and it seems really really good. Feels like infinite vuln uptime.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Dungeons are hands down the best way to get items (rare + legendary), at least under level 50 / WT3. I think drop rate probably increases a bit with level too, maybe after some breakpoint. From level 42 - 48 or so, running 2 dungeons + turning in tree of whispers reliably nets a handful of legendary items.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
overpower blood surge feels good af

https://i.imgur.com/bZN7VUX.mp4

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
Five and a half hours before I can play my welfare copy of Diablo IV. I took the day off. Am I going to be hosed by servers on "official" launch?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Doubtful, the servers have been pretty good at keeping up in early access.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
I just read up like 20 pages and to the sorceress that was having mana generation issues, I have a solution!

I'll respec or roll my own build(s) later but I tried maxrolls firewall leveling build and it melts stuff pretty good.
https://maxroll.gg/d4/build-guides/firewall-sorcerer-leveling-guide#codex-of-power-header

The guide told me to run to this lvl 35 area and get this aspect and it was hard at lvl 26 or so
https://diablo4.wiki.fextralife.com/Prodigy%27s+Aspect

It doesn't keep my mana fully stocked infinitely but I quit using the lvl1 mana generation skill entirely, when I run out of mana I just kite for a bit while they burn in my firewalls, dodge, teleport, whatever and then inferno for free casts every 30 seconds or so, repeat.

There are other aspects that help my build but I haven't really needed them yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Man the difference in rogue and sorc seems crazy? It's no trouble to do 10 levels ahead zone and just annihilate the screens on rogue, with almost no generator down time to speak of. Super mobile as well