Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Mug root beer is like HOPE YOU LIKE WINTERGREEN, BITCH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Barq's is easily the best, it's got so much bite it cannot legally be classified as a root beer

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Exceeding maximum ppm of bite; the inspector shakes her head in disgust as she shutters the operation

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Captain Hygiene posted:

Barq's is easily the best, it's got so much bite it cannot legally be classified as a root beer

I wish diet barq's had caffeine in it like regular does.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

There's gotta be a market niche for energy root beers

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Barq's+french vanilla ice cream is heavenly

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I learned to like my local store brand. And then they stopped selling it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Brawnfire posted:

They exist. Bang, XS, and Beaver Buzz all have root beer flavored energy drinks.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Schubalts posted:

Beaver Buzz

Don't bother looking for this one, they'll be out of business the second I release my competing energy drunk, "shaved pubis"

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

im on mobile, someone post Utah sodas

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Brawnfire posted:

I dunno how I'm pointing this out on SA of all places.

https://www.bawls.com/flavors/root-beer

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

quote:

I watch the light change from inside this TGI Friday's.
there used to be a chain of buffet restaurants in canada called Bonanza! that advertised endless breaded shrimp, they'd just come around to your table and scoop out as many of the little crunchy guys as you asked for, and as a kid i learned lot about the lies our brain tells us and the emptiness of desire over that two year period of endless shrimp

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Pizza shop: Thin or thick crust?
Customer: Thin, make it Ballard Biscuit.
Pizza shop: Good choice. Pet Milk and Parm?
Customer: Yeah, could I get double rich pet milk?
Pizza shop: We can do that.
Customer: Awesome. And is the Parmesan "nippy"?
Pizza shop: We're professionals, sir.
Customer: Of course, my apologies.
Pizza shop: Any toppings?
Customer: Tuna, tuna, tuna, baby!
[Both laugh]

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

Pizza shop: Thin or thick crust?
Customer: Thin, make it Ballard Biscuit.
Pizza shop: Good choice. Pet Milk and Parm?
Customer: Yeah, could I get double rich pet milk?
Pizza shop: We can do that.
Customer: Awesome. And is the Parmesan "nippy"?
Pizza shop: We're professionals, sir.
Customer: Of course, my apologies.
Pizza shop: Any toppings?
Customer: Tuna, tuna, tuna, baby!
[Both laugh]

This pizza shop has a basement and it's full of Double Rich PET Milk.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Love pet milk

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The real company history page doesn't exactly explain it any better

quote:

1885—It started with an idea of canning as a preservative in the small town of Highland Illinois. After a $15,000 investment the Helvetia Milk Condensing Company was born (later to be renamed PET).

1895—After overcoming a number of growing pains, more than half the company's sales were in the West. The "Our PET" trademark is registered and becomes the official name for the company's leading brand.

1898—"Our PET" helps supply Teddy Roosevelt's Rough Riders and other American fighting troops with a safe and convenient source of milk in Spanish-American War. At war's end, the troops scattered home across the U.S. and many, remembering the high quality milk, brought it home to their families.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Data Graham posted:

The real company history page doesn't exactly explain it any better

quote:

The "Our Pet Evaporated Cream" brand was introduced when a New Orleans food broker asked Helvetia for a "baby-sized" can that could be sold for a nickel.[2] Helvetia registered "Our PET" as a trademark in 1895[7] and by 1907 it had eclipsed the Highland and Economy brands to become the company's best seller.[2]

guess because pets are small, or short for petite

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

You just know that the "grated parmesan cheese" in this recipe came out of a green plastic tube from Kraft.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Please, you've got to ease us more gently into the food crimes. I'm not prepared to face tuna and ketchup biscuit pizza first thing Monday morning :sweatdrop:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

steinrokkan posted:

Love pet milk

side note there is a product called "cat milk" sold by i think friskies and it's an alarmingly sweet milk-based cat treat that most cats i've cared for read as inedible; there is another product called esbilac that is also the same colour and consistency as those jars and it's basically a meal replacement/milk formula, and they love it, and if you're ever taking care of a pregnant stray it's a great cheat code to make them instantly love you

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

Please, you've got to ease us more gently into the food crimes. I'm not prepared to face tuna and ketchup biscuit pizza first thing Monday morning :sweatdrop:

Biscuits/ketchup is a war crime, but tuna is a good pizza topping.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Please let PET be an acronym..for something else than what I am thinking of.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Mymla posted:

Biscuits/ketchup is a war crime, but tuna is a good pizza topping.

I refuse to believe this

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

poo poo's about to get real weird

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

LifeSunDeath posted:

poo poo's about to get real weird

Reminds me of something:

Thought it was ice cream, turned out to be paint.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

cash crab posted:

side note there is a product called "cat milk" sold by i think friskies and it's an alarmingly sweet milk-based cat treat that most cats i've cared for read as inedible

Why? Cats can't even taste sweetness. Why dump sugar in their treats?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Schubalts posted:

Why? Cats can't even taste sweetness. Why dump sugar in their treats?

i think it's because cheaper pet food brands tend to rely on corn and corn byproducts to inch up protein contents to hit certain minimum DV content. i really hate to continue to earn my place on the center square of the bingo, but a friend dared me to try some years ago, and yeah, it sort of tastes like coffee creamer.

Valko posted:

Thought it was ice cream, turned out to be paint.

that is insanely sad. it reminds me of the nadir of "tide pod challenge"; turns out the majority of people eating tide pods were old people with dementia

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
If it helps, he was fine afterwards (also he thought it was yogurt). Still pretty sad, though. I can't imagine getting past the taste and feel of a spoonful of paint even beginning to touch my tongue.
https://twitter.com/alexsteinnn/status/1099112426778316800

Elysiume has a new favorite as of 09:11 on Jun 6, 2023

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

cash crab posted:

i think it's because cheaper pet food brands tend to rely on corn and corn byproducts to inch up protein contents to hit certain minimum DV content. i really hate to continue to earn my place on the center square of the bingo, but a friend dared me to try some years ago, and yeah, it sort of tastes like coffee creamer.

Dude we just had a discussion about eating cat food that you missed. It starts here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4006291&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=229#post531856848

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

When grandpa was young the average yogurt probably had worse things than a bit of paint in it. As prior to 1990 the lower rungs of the food pyramid was just lead,cigarettes, asbestos, and glass shards.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

dog nougat posted:

I refuse to believe this

Tuna is one of the most common pizza toppings in :finland:. Tuna, ham, sometimes pepperoni or salami. I like mine with pineapple as well. :)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tuna is a popular pizza topping in the UK too, often paired with loose corn.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I blame Dr oetker

loose-fish
Apr 1, 2005
Pizza with tuna and onions is very popular in Italy (pizza con tonno e cipolle) and is pretty much one of the canonical varieties. It's also delicious, so :shrug:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

seafood pizza rules, tyvm

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Lib and let die posted:

seafood pizza rules, tyvm

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Creature posted:

Tuna is one of the most common pizza toppings in :finland:. Tuna, ham, sometimes pepperoni or salami. I like mine with pineapple as well. :)

oh god my partner does that, minus the pineapple.

Meanwhile I’m the weird one with arugula?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

teen witch posted:

oh god my partner does that, minus the pineapple.

Meanwhile I’m the weird one with arugula?

LETTUCE DOESN'T GO ON PIE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I like seafood pizza.

I see a food, I put it on a pizza.

NO PIZZA RULES