Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

What does this have to do with a sharp edge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021

steinrokkan posted:

You know what is worse than people complaining their food is too hot? People complaining their food isn't hot enough

I've got a story about one such person. So I went to a bar and ran into a friend of a friend whom I didn't really know. We were both trying to get laid I guess, but there weren't any girls at the bar so we just went back to my place to hang out for a bit. no we did not gently caress . We throw on a movie and we're both pretty drunk and hungry, so I microwave some rotel dip that my grandma made. He tries some and is like, "Oh yeah that isn't hot enough, warm that up a little more." I just wanna please my company so i did and he tries it again but it still isn't hot enough. So I microwave it like three more times until he is satisfied. Of course by that time, he's the only one eating it because it's too hot for me to eat. Happy for him tho

I don't know who the gently caress raised this dude, when I feel like it's just common sense that when you go to a random stranger's house, you do not bitch about the coldness of the food they've offered you. What a poo poo head

caspergers has a new favorite as of 14:23 on Jun 5, 2023

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The Moon Monster posted:

Sometimes words have multiple common meanings, this is a weird thing to have trenchant opinion about.

Welcome to Something Awful.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I don't remember what it was, but I was reading something a few days ago that used the term "pay it forward" and explicitly contrasted it with the phrase "pay it back", and suddenly it clicked. I never quite understood the etymology of the phrase, I only knew what it meant by hearing it used in context. But it makes more sense thinking of it as the opposite of paying someone back for something.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
This has probably always been super obvious to a lot of people but I just saw the cover to the 1989 Space Marine boxed set and realised that they used Tony Montana as the photo reference for that one guy

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Howd'ya get that scar? Purging heresy?

How would you get a scar purging heresy?

You tell me.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I've heard lots of people talk of spicy a-meatballs, but I've never had a meatball I thought was particularly spicy. I don't ever associate meatballs with spice.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

credburn posted:

I've heard lots of people talk of spicy a-meatballs, but I've never had a meatball I thought was particularly spicy. I don't ever associate meatballs with spice.

meatballs are likely to have some combination of garlic, oregano, basil, rosemary, parsley and or fennel.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

credburn posted:

That's why it's traditional to exclaim loudly when you find one that is a-spicy.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

That's-a seasony meatball-a!

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021

Grassy Knowles posted:

meatballs are likely to have some combination of garlic, oregano, basil, rosemary, parsley and or fentanyl.

:hmmyes:

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

I’m not sure if it’s you or me, but one of the two of us needs to find a better Italian restaurant.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Grassy Knowles posted:

meatballs are likely to have some combination of garlic, oregano, basil, rosemary, parsley and or fennel.

I forgot spices are spicey in a different way

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

The spice must flow.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

credburn posted:

Also it's from this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48TewJlc6BA

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Grassy Knowles posted:

Garlic is the only spice on that list, the rest are herbs.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Baron von Eevl posted:

Tastes herby sounds like people who sexualize The Love Bug.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
My local university radio station has been doing identification breaks with this cheery, jaunty little synthesizer tune for a few years.

Turns out it's the march from the end of Buckaroo Banzai!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

caspergers posted:

I've got a story about one such person. So I went to a bar and ran into a friend of a friend whom I didn't really know. We were both trying to get laid I guess, but there weren't any girls at the bar so we just went back to my place to hang out for a bit. no we did not gently caress . We throw on a movie and we're both pretty drunk and hungry, so I microwave some rotel dip that my grandma made. He tries some and is like, "Oh yeah that isn't hot enough, warm that up a little more." I just wanna please my company so i did and he tries it again but it still isn't hot enough. So I microwave it like three more times until he is satisfied. Of course by that time, he's the only one eating it because it's too hot for me to eat. Happy for him tho

I don't know who the gently caress raised this dude, when I feel like it's just common sense that when you go to a random stranger's house, you do not bitch about the coldness of the food they've offered you. What a poo poo head

That's when you point at the microwave and say there you go

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Baron von Eevl posted:

Excuse you. Garlic is a vegetable. :colbert:

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
I sometimes make turkey meatballs and they get a decent amount of red pepper flakes, which makes them too hot for at least one friend (although she has recently moved to Indianapolis where she should be safe from such ungodly flavorings).

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Unkempt posted:

I sometimes make turkey meatballs and they get a decent amount of red pepper flakes, which makes them too hot for at least one friend (although she has recently moved to Indianapolis where she should be safe from such ungodly flavorings any flavor or anything interesting).

ftfy

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

I was gonna bring up the big famous car race as something interesting in Indianapolis but I remembered that the winner of the Indy 500 drinks a bottle of cold milk

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Floyd from the Muppets band is pink

He's a pink Floyd

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

He's a pink Floyd

Just wait til you find out about his last name and the suit he's wearing!

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Silver Falcon posted:

Excuse you. Garlic is a vegetable. :colbert:
or if we're being some flavor of cspam spicy. it is lettuce. i think it ends up being some flavor of kimchi in the end

fermentation is god's blessing

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Grassy Knowles posted:

That's a spice'd meatball!

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

It's "sotto voce", not "sotto voice".

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

besotted voice: just act like you're drunk

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Huh. I just found out that "besotted" doesn't only mean "lovestruck".

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

doctorfrog posted:

besotted voice: just act like you're drunk

You sot

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Sot your rotten kicking pox, cried the Bertie Dum

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Phy posted:

My local university radio station has been doing identification breaks with this cheery, jaunty little synthesizer tune for a few years.

Turns out it's the march from the end of Buckaroo Banzai!
That movie is the perfect example of the importance of editing, whoever cut it (or was cooked up and sitting behind the actual editor, yelling orders) did not get the movie at all and undercut dammed near every comedy beat. I LOVE that flick, but it really is a near miss for that reason alone.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Oh wait. It's called a "locker room" because it's literally a room with lockers in it!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hyperlynx posted:

Oh wait. It's called a "locker room" because it's literally a room with lockers in it!

Locker room? More like locker up!

e: On-topic: Post Malone is not a rapper but an extremely pedestrian popper with no singing voice.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 15:02 on Jun 10, 2023

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I thought he was a (depressed) rapper too

Am I out of touch? No, it's the children who are wrong

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Most rappers are barely rappers anymore.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Post Malone is not a rapper but an extremely pedestrian popper with no singing voice.

Post Malone is just millennial-brand Uncle Kracker.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wasabi the J posted:

Post Malone is just millennial-brand Uncle Kracker.

Oh gently caress lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Snowglobe of Doom posted: