Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

turns out the space force isn't a hilarious joke branch made to corral a bunch of boring satellite stuff into its own thing with a hefty dose of MiC graft tacked on, but a necessary move to staff those black triangles, which are ours.

we're already fighting space wars and the ultra rich are looking for a world they can colonize and leave this overpopulated dump behind for, Elysium style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Butternubs posted:

The real conspiracy is that the US gov keeps pumping out these "whistleblowers" to release skiing squirrel level news stories to keep us distracted.

Lue starts loosing steam and this new guy shows up, he'll be releasing a book in no time.

not a very effective distraction when it occupies a small section of twitter and threads like this scattered around the internet. all the big news sites are covering all the usual poo poo. who is being distracted, and from what?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Objurium posted:

Tail end of this, homedude says we have pilot bodies too. I haven't seen that reported elsewhere yet

https://twitter.com/tinyklaus/status/1665845139552477187?t=JtdPjhXxd9IBlsWQ2R186A&s=19

def makes him seem more credible and not like just another crank trying to cash in

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Ms Adequate posted:

not a very effective distraction when it occupies a small section of twitter and threads like this scattered around the internet. all the big news sites are covering all the usual poo poo. who is being distracted, and from what?

if its all an op to distract people then its laser-focused on conspiracy nuts, probably because there's some crazy conspiracy poo poo going on and they dont want it getting onto the internet

i think its allens though

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Ms Adequate posted:

not a very effective distraction when it occupies a small section of twitter and threads like this scattered around the internet

Agreed, I saw 1000x the chatter about Apple's VR headset than I did about the ufo story. "It's a distraction" theory makes zero sense

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Wheeee posted:

can't figure out how to make alien tech go, but god drat these materials are dense and impervious to damage, time to just turn them into projectiles
the birds from god are armed and fully operational

the breakaway force is going to colony drop earth after all the executives and old money folks are safely aboard the ark ships to permanently pull up the ladder

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

^^^ Terra Invicta was a limited hangout

Some guy says some things, great. Good thing no one can lie if you swear you aren't lying

Bodies recovered though, that's, huh. Somehow, that makes it just a little bit more plausible? To me at least. Idk

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Feels like these whistleblowers know in the near future none of this knowledge can be contained so they are getting ahead of the curve and cashing out while there is still time.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

if the guy said anything...ANYTHING besides the same garbo bullshit theyve been pushing since the star telegram took a picture of some stickboy holding tinfoil and balsa wood

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

blatman posted:

if its all an op to distract people then its laser-focused on conspiracy nuts, probably because there's some crazy conspiracy poo poo going on and they dont want it getting onto the internet

be extremely funny if it's all an op to distract us from the fact our peace treaty with the atlanteans is on the verge of collapse and they might start sinking ships :v:

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
I mean it would make sense why whales now are swallowing people up and sinking ships.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

What if the aliens are actually chill and have sick recreational drugs

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

Google Butt posted:

would

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Google Butt posted:

seems kinda sus that they have to travel across the galaxy to find a dealer who hasnt cut them off

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

Riot Bimbo posted:

there's no chance humans are anything but dirt to them

This and eating meat is a big part of it, I say as someone who constantly fails meatless monday

WEH posted:

assuming it’s real I’m genuinely dreading finding out why it’s fine to do so now. can’t imagine it’s because of anything good

Expected cost of disclosure finally outweighed by expected cost of climate and social collapse

blatman posted:

If there's the possibility of aliens saving us you're less likely to take a shot at an oil exec, and same

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

E Depois do Adeus posted:

This and eating meat is a big part of it, I say as someone who constantly fails meatless monday

Expected cost of disclosure finally outweighed by expected cost of climate and social collapse

If there's the possibility of aliens saving us you're less likely to take a shot at an oil exec, and same

maybe theyre actually adventurous eater looking for the next thrill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxI7B758XBQ

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Yeah, he hasn't seen it and he can't show the proof, but we've got quite a number craft and bodies, and tune in to the full interview that will drop.... whenever. Nevermind. This is clearly a distraction from the TSwift/Healy breakup

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
we need to make sure to determine if the uap's are here to take our precious resources by scanning them for "probe their rear end, take their gas" bumperstickers

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Schmoe Cwead posted:

seems kinda sus that they have to travel across the galaxy to find a dealer who hasnt cut them off

problem is they only have mids so they had to come here

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

E Depois do Adeus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gz9Vj8TMCc

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
It sounds like there is no open dialogue between the greys and government based on the info Grusch has leaked so far which is too bad. If they are willing to visit us but not willing to try to communicate it seems like there is a greater chance they are here for nefarious purposes. Hope I'm wrong!

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Its more complex then this but they are just looking at us thinking they are willingly and knowingly destroying their environment by pumping all this crap out yet they don't do anything about it. Come off as pretty stupid.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

It sounds like there is no open dialogue between the greys and government based on the info Grusch has leaked so far which is too bad. If they are willing to visit us but not willing to try to communicate it seems like there is a greater chance they are here for nefarious purposes. Hope I'm wrong!

our government is underestimating their threat much like the viet cong

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

The Saucer Hovers posted:

look, china...like... you proooooobably dont want to start world war three with a country that has alien raygun and saucer technologies. UNLESS youve got the tech tree advanced that far too then maybe we can talk about having a war

Maaaaaan it would so clutch if this thing was a psi op attempt to spook China out of Taiwan due to the overwhelming current advantages of Chinese Naval and anti ship deployed technology.

Like if thats the actual play holy moly are we in trouble.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Hmm, do I want a new av

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
did tyhey say what the ship looks like yet

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

they’ll go away just like covid did if we ignore it enough.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i want 50s saucer all shiny with lights and little wheels on its tripod legs

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

and a clear dome in the middle obvioisly

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Basic Poster posted:

Maaaaaan it would so clutch if this thing was a psi op attempt to spook China out of Taiwan due to the overwhelming current advantages of Chinese Naval and anti ship deployed technology.

Like if thats the actual play holy moly are we in trouble.

thats been the play since we knew the soviets were beating us at the space race

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Schmoe Cwead posted:

https://i.imgur.com/10lqNFf.mp4

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

no but i can assure you it's very cool

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

And now, hear me out. What if, they were in a dialog with the parts of the world that are not the USA?

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

just saw this on reddit and had a sensible chuckle

quote:

Roswell incident 1947. 2027 will be the 80th anniversary.

Ready for the next connection? OG's should appreciate this.

80th Anniversary = 80 = aitee

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Sleekly posted:

i want 50s saucer all shiny with lights and little wheels on its tripod legs

yes my man!!

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Tekne posted:

just saw this on reddit and had a sensible chuckle

:worship: as foretold :chud:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Posted May 30th: https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/13vzbeb/washington_post_story/

quote:

Washington Post Story?

If someone already posted this I apologize in advance. But there was considerable chatter on Twitter about a forthcoming article in the Washington Post. Some saying it's a whistleblower...

Anyways, the chatter I saw over the weekend was that maybe it got shut down? I came here looking to see if anyone had anything else and didn't see a recent post.

I don't have any info to share but was hoping someone else did!

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

when this conspiracy hits 88 years old you're gonna see some serious poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

u can roughly track how advanced a civilisation is by how much of their poo poo is covered in rgb lights, we are like cave men to them with our rgb ram sticks and tv stands while they shine down on us from above with their cross-dimensional lighting solutions