Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

I'm enjoying gbs lately keep up the good & unpaid work mod team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I was at a day in the life at my new job so I couldn't post. It turned into a 10 hour day of very dirty, sweaty work and no lunch. Let's get crunk GBS.

gently caress sakes I'm not writing this again, can you just move it to the chat thread?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Charles Bukowski posted:

I was at a day in the life at my new job so I couldn't post. It turned into a 10 hour day of very dirty, sweaty work and no lunch. Let's get crunk GBS.

gently caress sakes I'm not writing this again, can you just move it to the chat thread?

Thinking to start sixxing the chat thread misposters. It's not stickied anymore, no excuses :evilbuddy:

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Smugworth posted:

Thinking to start sixxing the chat thread misposters. It's not stickied anymore, no excuses :evilbuddy:

wait let's chat about this

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Chief McHeath posted:

this could have happened if some of the serious (and seriously dead) forums had been merged into gbs as promised

Why would that be necessary? You can start a thread on any topic in GBS. (It might get moved to another subforum, but usually it is not.)

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Facebook Aunt posted:

Why would that be necessary? You can start a thread on any topic in GBS. (It might get moved to another subforum, but usually it is not.)

It's a stupid running joke. I'm not sure who finds it funny but it's not serious.

Hope that helps.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Smugworth posted:

I did it through my bookmarks, I have even less excuse. It was a very hot day today, and I was a wiltin'. I will unbookmark this thread out of safety lest I suffer your ferocious wrath IK. -grovels and scrapes on the way out-

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

I'm enjoying gbs lately keep up the good & unpaid work mod team

Same except for Prescott's weird sex threads

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Smugworth posted:

Holy gently caress you got a star. Congratuations!

Passive Aggreeable
May 23, 2009

"Either way, it's going to hurt like crazy."
imo sticky the ms paint thread

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

The Harvey thread is getting weird. Should we goldmine or gas it before it gets too weird? :dong::dbuddy:

Seems like there’s a conversation to be had around everyone’s responses to Harvey—but, that’s probably best for a new thread that’s steered toward fostering that kind of thing. Maybe it would also be a good idea to go ahead and have an IK or two in place for said thread?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Yeah I goodmined it

There's nowhere to go but down with that thread and might as well keep it as a nice memory

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Dick Fontaine posted:

The Harvey thread is getting weird. Should we goldmine or gas it before it gets too weird? :dong::dbuddy:

Seems like there’s a conversation to be had around everyone’s responses to Harvey—but, that’s probably best for a new thread that’s steered toward fostering that kind of thing. Maybe it would also be a good idea to go ahead and have an IK or two in place for said thread?

fostering what kind of thing, people falling for dumb gimmicks and chewing people out who didn't take the bait?

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Autisanal Cheese posted:

fostering what kind of thing, people falling for dumb gimmicks and chewing people out who didn't take the bait?

Steered towards discussion instead of endless dogpiling, obviously. I know goons really love to get in with their spiteful high-and-mighties but that gets dull fast.

Maybe it’s better to just drop it all together. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

requesting some feedback from GBS

how y'all doing tonight? anything big cookin?

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Yeah I goodmined it

There's nowhere to go but down with that thread and might as well keep it as a nice memory

You really should have let Harvey post before you goldmined it. He was at work today but I know he wanted to say something.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

isaboo posted:

You really should have let Harvey post before you goldmined it. He was at work today but I know he wanted to say something.

Ban this guy for looking for forums clout with fake stories imo

Or make him a mod

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

satanic splash-back posted:

Ban this guy for looking for forums clout with fake stories imo

Or make him a mod

what you think doesn't concern me

but lol this again. yeah. 20 years in I'm suddenly chasing clout.

anyway, I pm'd seth about it

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Even assuming anyone believes that your story is true the way you went about doing things was extremely strange.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
When I told Harvey what was going on, he wanted to apologize in the thread and explain it in his own words. I think it would have made more sense coming from him.

He didn't have a chance before Seth goldmined it. Seth could have given him a heads up. I know that's been done before.

vvv blah blah blah

isaboo fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jun 6, 2023

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Please stop with your imaginary friend, it's pretty embarrassing

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

far be it from me to speculate, but perhaps a mod could pull the logs as to who bought the fake prison redtext?

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I cant tell if youre implying it, but am I gonna get accused of buying that for myself now? Lol

First I'm Bust Rodd, whoever that is, now I've bought red text for myself.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
bust rodd

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

the title becomes untruer with every post and it's for the freaking win baby

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

isaboo posted:

dude you can stop now you dont have to pretend anymore everyone had fun there were some good laughs but you can stop pretending you are a 50 year ex-con now

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Y'all can believe whatever you want, I don't care.

I pm'd Seth and came into this thread to say that a poster, any poster, could have been given a heads up if their thread was going to be closed.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

isaboo posted:

Y'all can believe whatever you want, I don't care.

I pm'd Seth and came into this thread to say that a poster, any poster, could have been given a heads up.

to hell with you, scoundrel

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the myth of consensual goldmining

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

You should probably just stop posting dude

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Toxic Mental posted:

:dafuq:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the gimmick account you made got unexpected popularity and got some tweets made about it thats cool but you ruined it by trying to take credit for it its over now you cant roll back the clock take your five minutes of internet fame and move on

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
you got greedy

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Toxic Mental posted:

Yeah it doesn't matter it Harvey is real or not, you're not going to be able to post through it.

Just let it blow over and move on.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I pm'd Seth with questions, I'll leave it at that

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you got greedy

Lame

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I also pm'd Seth with questions. Like, "who the gently caress do you think you are?" and "do you know how hammered I am right now?"

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

isaboo posted:

I pm'd Seth with questions, I'll leave it at that

i'm checking the mod rulebook and it looks like he's honourbound to answer them and also vindicate you. smart mvoe

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

can someone please link to the posters bill of rights so we can settle this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Enough with fighting over the ex-con thread in this, the hallowed feedback thread.

Let it settle into its place in SA Lore and move on.