Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

looks like the microsoft-activision deal went through...

Xbox already changed their Twitter logo from the Pride one to the Diablo 4 one. Coincidence???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
https://twitter.com/blizzardcs/status/1665918710488633344?s=46

quote:

[#Diablo IV] We're currently investigating an issue affecting our authentication servers, which may result in failed or slow login attempts.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Y'know, I actually got to the point where I could enjoy D3 Hardcore but the idea of playing D4 Hardcore makes my skin crawl

It's intense, I'll give you that ;)

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Me and a buddy got kicked and updated + requeued, and despite the time going up on the login and taking a long time both on the login and game find load, we've slowly gotten back in. I don't think anything is "broken" as much as "cripplingly slow."

if you're in line to play diablo STAY IN LINE

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
I got back in but teleporting to another area bopped me right back out

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Me and a buddy got kicked and updated + requeued, and despite the time going up on the login and taking a long time both on the login and game find load, we've slowly gotten back in. I don't think anything is "broken" as much as "cripplingly slow."

if you're in line to play diablo STAY IN LINE

Lol as I was reading this I got booted from the line with an error code. So it may indeed be broken

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Drowning Rabbit posted:

It's intense, I'll give you that ;)

My crowing highlight in HC was dying to a treasure chest trap in D2 a5 normal difficulty at lvl 35 on my Barb

Decided that maybe it's not for me

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

yeah well whats ur build

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
Dying in hc d4 via emote wheeling into chat and eating your inputs in the current meta.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
mine went from <1 to 5 to 13, but now seems to be going down from 13 like you would expect if you were in a 13 minute queue, hopefully it doesn't just crap out at <1 again

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
mine counted down from 4 back to game start pending

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

logging out for the night after havbing no issues to find other peopl e have been having issues ahahwhahah

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I wonder how many people have already finished that "Get 20 Hardcore PvP Kills" challenge

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
I restarted the game, and it let me in almost instantly

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Oh good I finally got back in and it properly updated my quest state so I'm in act 4.

Kin33
Jul 3, 2007

Where is your god now?
I feel like the world tiers are on different servers. People I know on WT1 and 2 are dealing with queues and login issues while 3 and 4 login instantly.
Take that poors.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Kin33 posted:

I feel like the world tiers are on different servers. People I know on WT1 and 2 are dealing with queues and login issues while 3 and 4 login instantly.
Take that poors.

Confirmed. I'm on tier 3, and got in no issue just now.

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
Oh are you loving serious, the game got all laggy and then crashed, and i lost my HC 26 rogue...

is there any chance they're going to do restores for this kind of poo poo...

my guess is very much no

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

imagine playing hc hours after launch of a blizzard game

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007

Google Butt posted:

imagine playing hc hours after launch of a blizzard game

Yeah I'm an idiot

But it was all stable for early access.... I got comfy...

James Woods
Jul 15, 2003
Sent a request for Cathedral of Goons. Blizzard name is LordPercy.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

MikeC posted:

Shoulda kept the plebs locked out for another week

ban console players imo

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020

coelomate posted:

Chain lightning sorc is level 51 and T3. I was shocked and how quick the jump from high 40s was; I spent almost no time in T2. In future runes Is probably jump closer to 45, upgrades slow way down around there in T1 and T2.

Sacred items are cool. Dungeons are harder but I like the prospect of big upgrades being randomly possible.

kinda wishing there was an easy speed farming activity, feels like lost progression is about hard small fights and maybe literally waiting out cooldowns between them?

I switched from chain lightning to arc lash when I got to 50 and I've found it much better fwiw

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Lakbay posted:

Are the strongholds always 2 levels above you? I thought I'd save them for later when I leveled up but they're always a higher level area

Yes, strongholds are locked at +2

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

So I was on my merry horseback to hit up another profane attribute shrine in some forgotten part of the desert, when a gang of highway skeletons set up roadblock in the most narrow part of the canyon dead set on taking my gold. As I was taking care of these goobers, a Helltide rolled in across the sky, the ground turned crimson and it started raining blood...

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

rally posted:

Dying in hc d4 via emote wheeling into chat and eating your inputs in the current meta.

this just almost happened to me, lmao

Daaz
Feb 20, 2004

D.I.Y.
Daaz requesting to join cathedral of goons. Do we harmonize in our cathedral aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

edit: push button pls

Daaz fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jun 6, 2023

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Am I missing something about Altars to Lilith?

You can have up to 10 characters, and each have their own altars to unlock with stat bonuses that stack with the other characters.

Won't that become a balance mess in the long run?

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007

Donnerberg posted:

Am I missing something about Altars to Lilith?

You can have up to 10 characters, and each have their own altars to unlock with stat bonuses that stack with the other characters.

Won't that become a balance mess in the long run?

I thought I saw a video that said they unlock on all characters once completed on one, so you just need to do it once

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

BoonyPC posted:

I thought I saw a video that said they unlock on all characters once completed on one, so you just need to do it once

That was my first impression too, but I'm on my second character now and unlocking a fresh set of altars.

Quick edit. It could be that the bonuses don't stack with identical unlocks though. Maybe they're just there for the region renown.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Was questioning who put arctic polar bears in ruined keeps, later I found armor with plus two to rabies on it. Pretty sure I got my answer.

I don't even want to know what they do.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
you can re-collect the altars to get renown, but all the actual character bonuses are permanent and account wide. so recollecting the altars is not necessary.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Do we know what's going to carry over to season 1? Altars of Lilith, Side Quests, Map completion etc?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I just watched a bear climb out of the ground like a mole. Sanctuary is hosed up.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
wow it's just been dc city for me ever since the game went live

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

you can re-collect the altars to get renown, but all the actual character bonuses are permanent and account wide. so recollecting the altars is not necessary.

Ah that's good to know. Thanks for the confirmation!

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

fadam posted:

Do we know what's going to carry over to season 1? Altars of Lilith, Side Quests, Map completion etc?

Altars & campaign completion are confirmed to carry over. I hope, but doubt, that map completion will carry over.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

SettingSun posted:

I just watched a bear climb out of the ground like a mole. Sanctuary is hosed up.

Yo why did they build all these absolutely gargantuan underground structures

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Started with a Barb. I will admit it, I miss exploding imps by hitting them really hard but it is fun so far. Though, between the whole Walking Armory gimmick and the skill tree, I am probably going to go broke through resets :shepicide:

EDIT: Also, Lorath is approaching Harrison Ford levels of Mumble Acting.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jun 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

bagrada posted:

I can attest that unstable currents is a lot of fun though its on a minute long cooldown or so. On the bigger bosses though it feels like a lot of running around waiting for it to come back. I used it for acts 1 and 2, tried fire and ice for a while in act 3, then came back to lightning for 4+ so far.

I just got it on my sorc (arc, chain lightning, a bunch of defensive stuff) and it’s very fun when it’s actually up. Chain lightning is cool too but I run out of mana so fast even with the passive that makes it regen mana when it bounces off you