Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
how's THAT for social commentary

Greta Gerwig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

GI Joe and Jason Voorhees together at last.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

DND Transformers Warforged when

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Who has the rights to Jem and the Holograms these days? Would be funny if this "HCU" put Jem in before the MCU gets to Dazzler.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Jem had her chance.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

MH Knights posted:

Who has the rights to Jem and the Holograms these days? Would be funny if this "HCU" put Jem in before the MCU gets to Dazzler.
There was a terrible movie that came out in 2015 loosely based on that property. Universal owns the rights.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Snowman_McK posted:

None of those words are in the bible.

How quickly we forget the faces of our fathers

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

joylessdivision posted:

What does your heart (and by heart I mean capitalism + the last decade of CU bullshit) tell you?

based on the last decade of CU bullshit, it tells me that the studio will be extremely excited to start a cinematic universe, and it will announce tons of projects, and it will have the stars pose in an extremely awkward photo together, before multiple directors wash out of every film because of creative differences. Disappointing returns on the next Transformers movie after this one will reveal the public's utter lack of enthusiasm for the idea, and all the remaining projects will be silently canceled. Todd Phillips will direct a gritty 70s period piece G.I. Joe that liberally borrows from The Deer Hunter

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

I will only accept a GI Joe/Transformers crossover film if it faithfully adapts the comics, for obvious reasons

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Tars Tarkas posted:

Transformers: Rise of the Beasts spoiler:

GI Joe is namedropped at the end of the film

Welcome to the being stepped on painfully initiative

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I like that Italy is bigger than Africa and the rest of Europe combined.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lol the planet sized planet adhering to Mercator's lies

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Too cowardly to keep Italy a part of Europe as a massive space robodong

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Shageletic posted:

Lego Movie was almost a decade ago. And even had its own crossover setup at the end with the Duplos!

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

One theory I heard a while back is that he was still in the process of getting infected and the heart attack was basically a result of his normal bodily functions shutting down. Then by the time they got him on the table he was far enough gone that shocking him forced a defensive response.

My interpretation was that the thing copies people so exactly it evens copies defects, like a pre-existing heart condition and the inevitable happened.

But I have no proof of that.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Asterite34 posted:

I will only accept a GI Joe/Transformers crossover film if it faithfully adapts the comics, for obvious reasons

badass

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Shageletic posted:

Just like in my dreams

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Asterite34 posted:

I need to know more about these laser scrolls.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
IDW actually had a full on shared universe going with Transformers, GI Joe, and then went all out with Action Man, M.A.S.K, and a bunch of even more obscure stuff. Micronauts was a funny one when I read that they actually used to share members with the Guardians of the Galaxy back when Marvel had the Hasbro rights and lol, that explains a lot. (And it goes both ways, GI Joe apparently was remixed from a pitch of SHIELD and Nick Fury Jr fighting Hydra)

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

SAG-AFTRA strike is greenlit. https://twitter.com/sagaftra/status/1665906322041356288?t=cwa8nToND4aMeIjGCQhrZA&s=19

One step closer to a Hollywood general strike.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Also reminded a fun bit about most Transformers continuities is the implication they don't mind taking human-made forms to fit in so much because they are actually pretty impressed by human technology. (Excepting some cases like particularly proud versions of Megatron, and the animal ones) Cybertronian technology isn't actually necessarily that far ahead of humanity's and is even compatible. (of course, there's some cross-pollination especially in the movies)

Possibly the implication is that Cybertronians find it pretty easy to work with the biotechnology all around them and that they're made of, and can patch over a lot of gaps with it, while humans had to figure out everything from scratch and have better first-principles engineering. Not to mention nearly every continuity has their tech (and/or biology) seem very inefficient and power-hungry and one of the big reasons they're fighting is to get a hold of sources of energy. (or energon)

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Young Freud posted:

SAG-AFTRA strike is greenlit. https://twitter.com/sagaftra/status/1665906322041356288?t=cwa8nToND4aMeIjGCQhrZA&s=19

I'd be happier if at least 50.01 percent of eligible voters had actually responded. Less than half of the membership voting is a sign of apathy and I have worries about actual solidarity, especially since Fran Drescher had to be dragged, kicking and screaming, into actually supporting the WGA strike and sending out the SAG-AFTRA authorization vote. The DGA negotiating under the table with the AMPTP and coming to a deal on the side the other day, without ever actually authorizing a strike vote (and then coming out in public and calling a "historic" agreement when there's very little actual forward movement for directors and assistants) is the same kind of ratfucking the AMPTP did to end the 2007 - 08 strike as quickly as possible.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Asterite34 posted:

This comic ended with one of the Autobots and one of the Joes getting married and literally making a child together.

Young Freud posted:

I love this and is also excited to see a Hollywood where most actors are not available for work. What would studios do? Hire all those weirdoes who became chuds? Hire no-name actors from all those Christian and direct-to-video movies? Social media stars? The return of shadow puppets?

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I've always wondered if I could star in a movie. Maybe I'll wander out to LA and scab my way to stardom

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

ALFbrot posted:

scab my way to stardom

in a prestige drama about drug addicts maybe

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

The MSJ posted:

I love this and is also excited to see a Hollywood where most actors are not available for work. What would studios do? Hire all those weirdoes who became chuds? Hire no-name actors from all those Christian and direct-to-video movies? Social media stars? The return of shadow puppets?

They'll make a lot of reality TV.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1666121052873953280?t=GOJfG7bWe2ZgbuIpIiRMZA&s=19

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Guest star: Kevin Spacey!

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Did his career even die that it needs to be resurrected? His production company won an Oscar, despite him being fired off of "Bohemian Rhapsody".

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It's like the conservative in Hollywood talking point. "I don't have the career I want so so it's obviously not my fault."

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Isn't his career mostly suffering from him being awol on his own movies?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

probably figured if Ezra can do it using their identity as a shield why not him

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

This motherfucker's cold dead eyed stare never fails to creep me out.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

https://twitter.com/galleries1988/status/1665817273913974785?s=46&t=SUrtTITxejBGhcV5SDIdUg

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GwRYKzyjXo

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

:chloe:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Shageletic posted:

Isn't his career mostly suffering from him being awol on his own movies?

Yeah, Simon Kinberg had to step in to ghost-direct X-Men Apocalypse's last month or so of filming because Singer just disappeared and stopped returning anyone's calls.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Timby posted:

Yeah, Simon Kinberg had to step in to ghost-direct X-Men Apocalypse's last month or so of filming because Singer just disappeared and stopped returning anyone's calls.

He also disappeared while Superman Returns was filming to go to Mardi Gras in Sydney.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1666051749969264640?s=20

lmao what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Both poo poo titles.

Captain America: World Is A gently caress