Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

the idea of chasing clout in gbs is hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

"now with less self ownage" lmao

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Was hoping to see Smugworth finally brandish his star and broom itt but alas

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

there's no need to mod when posters will shame themselves into not posting anymore, the system works

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

"Harvey" is also free to post new threads, in conclusion 🖕

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Peggy Edson posted:

"Harvey" is also free to post new threads, in conclusion 🖕

is he gently caress

harveys zoo zoos
May 23, 2023

oh yes i'm still here. i don't know if i will be posting any new threads anytime soon but i do have more stories about prison life that i've been asked to talk about elsewhere. but i will go about my business posting in other parts of sa.

so i see that a mod stepped in here to stop the fighting but that never happened in my thread. it got closed before i had a chance to even look at it. both isaboo and i messaged the mod who closed it but they were not helpful in telling me anything.

and since a couple of people continued to bring up my name here after captainsarcastic said to stop, i'll say my 2 cents then be done.

it was my idea for isaboo to post the 'reveal'. i feel bad that he got attacked for it when it was my mistake. i probably shouldn't have asked him to do it. but i was nervous like i was when we first posted the thread. we intended for that post to mean 'only harvey is posting from now on' but as he said i felt i needed to take a break. the dose of the internet i got was too much too soon too fast. if i had wanted to continue instead of stopping there i think everything would have made a lot more sense because of what i had planned to share.

i don't know if any of you actually read his post but in it he says we thought about having him write a fictional story like his other gbs stories. that was my idea but he said he'd rather not because the story is so personal to me. so instead we decided to collaborate and share this account for a while. he'd post some things i either couldn't or didn't want to answer. we embellished and changed some details for obvious reasons, just like he does with his other stuff. but everything that i said happened, happened in some way. the hard facts about conditions inside are all true.

that's all it was. i asked a good friend to help me navigatge a completely new world. it wasn't done to be sneaky, or for him to 'chase clout' which is a ridiculous idea. it backfired when i wanted to come clean. that's on me.

so i guess i'll ask someone else so i will know. why didn't a mod actually moderate that thread when it got out of control
it was a popular thread that a lot of people posted in so it's weird to see nothing happen there, yet this thread got told to cut it out.

all i wanted to do was apologize to the thread for misleading them but i didn't get that chance. so i guess this is that apology.

anyway i won't say anything else about it. y'all can respond however you want and mods can do whatever they like with me but i'm done talking about that thread.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

harveys zoo zoos posted:

so i see that a mod stepped in here to stop the fighting but that never happened in my thread. it got closed before i had a chance to even look at it. both isaboo and i messaged the mod who closed it but they were not helpful in telling me anything.

very authentic voice here!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

there's no coming back from breaking kayfabe, especially the way isaboo did it, even in the event that these are two different people posting

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

harveys zoo zoos posted:

oh yes i'm still here. i don't know if i will be posting any new threads anytime soon but i do have more stories about prison life that i've been asked to talk about elsewhere. but i will go about my business posting in other parts of sa.

and since a couple of people continued to bring up my name here after captainsarcastic said to stop, i'll say my 2 cents then be done.

it was my idea for isaboo to post the 'reveal'. i feel bad that he got attacked for it when it was my mistake. i probably shouldn't have asked him to do it. but i was nervous like i was when we first posted the thread. we intended for that post to mean 'only harvey is posting from now on' but as he said i felt i needed to take a break. the dose of the internet i got was too much too soon too fast. if i had wanted to continue instead of stopping there i think everything would have made a lot more sense because of what i had planned to share.

i don't know if any of you actually read his post but in it he says we thought about having him write a fictional story like his other gbs stories. that was my idea but he said he'd rather not because the story is so personal to me. so instead we decided to collaborate and share this account for a while. he'd post some things i either couldn't or didn't want to answer. we embellished and changed some details for obvious reasons, just like he does with his other stuff. but everything that i said happened, happened in some way. the hard facts about conditions inside are all true.

that's all it was. i asked a good friend to help me navigatge a completely new world. it wasn't done to be sneaky, or for him to 'chase clout' which is a ridiculous idea. it backfired when i wanted to come clean. that's on me.

so i guess i'll ask someone else so i will know. why didn't a mod actually moderate that thread when it got out of control
it was a popular thread that a lot of people posted in so it's weird to see nothing happen there, yet this thread got told to cut it out.

all i wanted to do was apologize to the thread for misleading them but i didn't get that chance. so i guess this is that apology.

anyway i won't say anything else about it. y'all can respond however you want and mods can do whatever they like with me but i'm done talking about that thread.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

harveys zoo zoos posted:

Pathetic

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

lmfao

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

also stop trying to post through it isaboo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
bruh you sound just like isaboo you cant even hide your writing voice and you expect us to believe you are a different poster :cmon:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
50 year old ex-con who has never used a computer before and is supposed to be unfamiliar with the internet suddenly writing multiple paragraphs with few spelling or grammatical errors and getting really angry at a gbs mod

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

This thread was supposed to have less self ownage.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Solefald posted:

we haven't quite gotten to the level of purchasing yourself a bunch of transphobic avatars and blaming it on a shadowy cabal of posters just yet

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

come on bro you didn't even change your writing style. it's the exact same single sentence, line break, passive-aggressive format you use on your main lol

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

weird af imo

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

also admitted account sharing is technically still bannable even though these are almost certainly the same person

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

poor isaboo, got too excited about the minor clout he got from his feelgood thread that people were enjoying, so he went mask off and now everyone thinks he's a loser and has decided to post through it as hard as he can

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Peggy Edson posted:

come on bro you didn't even change your writing style. it's the exact same single sentence, line break, passive-aggressive format you use on your main lol

the biggest difference between their "writing styles" is one doesnt use capitalization and the other does lol

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Solefald posted:

:eng99:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Official GBS feedback thread v 3.0 (NOW with less self-ownage!)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

itry posted:

Official GBS feedback thread v 3.0 (x days with less self-ownage!)

and Smugworth has to edit the title every day as part of his IK duties

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

itry posted:

Official GBS feedback thread v 3.0 (NOW with less self-ownage!)

Official GBS feedback thread v 4.0 (gently caress it, post only self-ownage!)

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Official GBS feedback thread v 3.0: can't we just have a normal thread?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

gbs feedback thread (days since last self-ownage : 1 0)

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
this went so predictably it feels like someone will yell cut that's a wrap and we all walk off set

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Just save gbs from further fake threads and make a self ownage honeypot thread.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

gbs is the home of the self own

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

this went so predictably it feels like someone will yell cut that's a wrap and we all walk off set

Cut that's a wrap!

Just wait until I get poon-poon to join after he's released. That'll really throw y'all into a tizzy.

Anyway, I had fun through every bit of it. I'll eat the poo poo, it's fine.

I had an actual big reveal planned but it obviously went south before I reached that point.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Official GBS feedback thread v 2.0+1.0: You can (not) self-own

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

isaboo posted:

I had an actual big reveal planned but it obviously went south before I reached that point.

what was it, since we're talking failed storylines

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

isaboo posted:

Cut that's a wrap!

Just wait until I get poon-poon to join after he's released. That'll really throw y'all into a tizzy.

Anyway, I had fun through every bit of it. I'll eat the poo poo, it's fine.

frankly Isaboo i believe you. so that said, harvey should be probated/banned for murder and glorifying his, i'm thinking another 20yrs would be fine, nothing he's not used to

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

isaboo posted:

*doubt*

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

50 year old ex-con who has never used a computer before and is supposed to be unfamiliar with the internet suddenly writing multiple paragraphs with few spelling or grammatical errors and getting really angry at a gbs mod

this is actually not that far fetched

the rest is but that part lines up lol

old ex cons who get released are like half hella nerds by the time they get out from doing nerd poo poo to not go insane or be wrapped up in gang/prison culture poo poo, they just look scary

whole lot of time to read in prison and you get really good at understanding systems of authority

the thing thats a tell for me is he doesn't write like a boomer - they all write like boomers, and i don't see one pointlessly trailing ellipses

they also will generally use proper capitalization and grammar from writing/reading hella letters for decades

the ones who are subliterate generally don't get out, they're not able to stay out of trouble, because the only way to stay out of trouble in prison is to read a lot

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

the real Harvey was all of us, and the journey along the way *stage freeze*

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

MrQwerty posted:

what was it, since we're talking failed storylines

It was to be about a prison ghost who helped Harvey attempt an escape. Another was a tale about Harvey saving the life of one of the gang shotcallers. The 'reveal' I did post was going to be a jumping off point for that. I know that makes zero sense now given the context, but it would have worked if not for those pesky goons reacting much more strongly than I anticipated.

Fwiw, some of the stories of violence came from a friend who did 12 years in a Florida penitentiary. For others, I googled "crazy prison stories" and went from there. He also told me about the food they'd make, but I had to google the recipes.

Honestly I never expected or intended the thread to take off like it did. I really thought someone would recognize it was me from the other stories I've posted in GBS and thought I would have needed to end it much sooner. I even tried to leave little clues to that effect but it didn't work like I wanted.

Anyway, I wanted to do something creative but wanted something a little different than what I've done before, so I tried the fake persona thing. I thought the names "harveys zoo zoos", and later "poon-poon" would be a heavy indicator it was all bullshit.

FirstnameLastname posted:

this is actually not that far fetched

the rest is but that part lines up lol

old ex cons who get released are like half hella nerds by the time they get out from doing nerd poo poo to not go insane or be wrapped up in gang/prison culture poo poo, they just look scary

whole lot of time to read in prison and you get really good at understanding systems of authority

the thing thats a tell for me is he doesn't write like a boomer - they all write like boomers, and i don't see one pointlessly trailing ellipses

they also will generally use proper capitalization and grammar from writing/reading hella letters for decades

the ones who are subliterate generally don't get out, they're not able to stay out of trouble, because the only way to stay out of trouble in prison is to read a lot

Yeah, I thought about this stuff for a minute before starting. I knew I'd slip up and use words that would sound unrealistic for an ex-con, and it's why I said Harvey read a lot. I actually do read a lot of Ursula K LeGuin though!

cumpantry posted:

frankly Isaboo i believe you. so that said, harvey should be probated/banned for murder and glorifying his, i'm thinking another 20yrs would be fine, nothing he's not used to

I'm down with the ban for Harvey if it's for murder. Murdering a good time? Murdering a good thread? Murdering Seth's inbox?

Sorry Seth. I was just disappointed I couldn't end the thread on my Harvey's terms before you closed it.

The whole idea came to me when I thought "what if a dude was away for 30 years and wanted to learn about the internet. I know! Let's see what SA would do!"

Anyway, I learned a few things I didn't know about SA, and it was fun to reminisce about the last 30 years. Sorry if I made anyone upset. But like I said as Harvey, it was endearing to see people help someone like him out. There were some great jokes at my (and Harvey's) expense both before and after I tanked it, so that was cool.

I guess this kills any good reception from writing another GBS-style story though, haha. Oh well. The ones I've already done were fun.

gently caress! I meant to post this in the GBS chat thread. Oops.

isaboo fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jun 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Paging Smugworth with a broom to aisle 2, Smugworth with a broom to aisle 2 please