Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mayveena posted:

I couldn't handle the last Act II boss, not to mention Act III. I need some help and maybe there's gonna be a new clan? I feel like this 65 year old body just may not have enough anymore. I'm also having trouble understanding all of these different ways to upgrade my character, especially the aspect stuff. Any good videos doing a complete explanation I could watch?

Are you on World Tier 1 or World Tier 2?

If you're on 2, drop it to 1.

Here is a 4 minute video on aspects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKKSbT_cZaw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

SettingSun posted:

I truly loathe giving this advice but when I switched from a diy build to one from a guide I went from struggling to whipping rear end instantly.

The tip I started to get from them for diy-ers is to identify a gimmick and drill that poo poo into the ground with passives and more importantly aspects.

That isn't a "tip", that's the whole point of an equipment based loot game.

Now i'm understanding why so many people think this game is hard.

But game is good.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
I'm trying to figure out couch coop on ps5. Apparently we need a whole-rear end second playstation account, a whole-rear end second blizzard account tied to that playstation account, and a whole-rear end second game license tied to that blizzard account? Am I right on this?

Ferrin
Sep 4, 2012

probably not

SettingSun posted:

I truly loathe giving this advice but when I switched from a diy build to one from a guide I went from struggling to whipping rear end instantly.

The tip I started to get from them for diy-ers is to identify a gimmick and drill that poo poo into the ground with passives and more importantly aspects.

I'm getting lazy in my old age and I rely heavily on guides and tips from smart people.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Anyone have a control scheme they like for steam deck? I’ve got it running fine but struggling a little to make the controls feel good.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

BigHead posted:

I'm trying to figure out couch coop on ps5. Apparently we need a whole-rear end second playstation account, a whole-rear end second blizzard account tied to that playstation account, and a whole-rear end second game license tied to that blizzard account? Am I right on this?

you don’t need a second game license, no

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

satanic splash-back posted:

But game is good.

It was quite the jump playing the whole campaign at WT1, then the capstone at WT2, then to WT3. Survivability is now paramount.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Bold Robot posted:

Anyone have a control scheme they like for steam deck? I’ve got it running fine but struggling a little to make the controls feel good.

Is the default not working for you? It's the console controls and it seems to work pretty well aside from the occasional directional screw-up that is part of the wages of using a controller.

But game is good.

Not really. A lot of looter games are built around having a variety of abilities to deal with a variety of situations, while here it is more about picking one optimal situation and doing everything you possibly can to stay in that situation because you put all your points into it. There's no "shotgun for close encounters" backup in that kind of build system

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jun 6, 2023

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Bold Robot posted:

just look up the console controls, they work great

https://www.ign.com/wikis/diablo-4/Controls

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bold Robot posted:

I mean the default controls are fine, imo, but I’d say just make use of the back buttons with your most used skills and uh… can’t really thing of anything else. Like you can go hod wild with custom layouts for the trackpads but I don’t think there’s anything outside of combat that would really need that level of granularity.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I was going through my Videos folder and found this clip of my Druid bugging out after shifting out of Werebear form during the beta :3:

https://i.imgur.com/g3TcZ8g.mp4

Gorgeous Zan
Apr 13, 2007

New Haven Yacht Club

junan_paalla posted:

Having fun on my all-in blood nova, no pets necromancer. Game is notably not down and hasn't crashed for me *knocks on wood*. Cathedral's invite inbox seems to be full

Blood necro is outstanding right now. Switched from corpse explode after finishing the campaign and lucking out with some legendary gear in Act VI that juiced up blood nova. Melting waves of enemies is a great feeling. Single target doesn't have a lot of burst but you don't die, which is a positive.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mayveena posted:

I couldn't handle the last Act II boss, not to mention Act III. I need some help and maybe there's gonna be a new clan? I feel like this 65 year old body just may not have enough anymore. I'm also having trouble understanding all of these different ways to upgrade my character, especially the aspect stuff. Any good videos doing a complete explanation I could watch?

It's been mentioned but I would definitely look up some build guides if you haven't already Mayveena, it can help a lot. Fextralife has a bunch of well written guides with accompanying videos that demonstrate how it should be played. Someone's going to come along and say build guides are dumb and should be hated but personally it helps me understand what makes builds powerful by reading through the guides and slowly putting one together throughout the game.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I'm still not sure what the purpose of the minute-long cooldowns are when, for example, you could use that hotbar slot for Necromancer curses for every fight. Does the DPS increase for bosses make up for the loss when navigating the dungeon?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
I finally feel like doing strongholds in HC and I come to realize this game has no group finder??

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

Tiny Timbs posted:

I'm still not sure what the purpose of the minute-long cooldowns are when, for example, you could use that hotbar slot for Necromancer curses for every fight. Does the DPS increase for bosses make up for the loss when navigating the dungeon?

The only use case for those is when you can reduce the cooldown by a ton and have it somehow buff your existing spells

I'm playing rogue trap / barrage and with a certain captsone talent I can reduce the cooldown so much I can usually use it a few times on big monster packs. But even then the damage is ... meh

I'm hoping stacking some extra trap damage and ulti damage will make it worthwhile, or I could give up on it and just skill an imbue

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

But game is good.

Of course I fully expect needing to do that in endgame, but I believe that I should be able to stitch together whatever dumbass patchwork build I want and not struggle against bosses on the lowest difficulty while doing the story. Yes I'm one of the 5 people who apparently actually liked D3 a lot why do you ask

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Lamebot posted:

I finally feel like doing strongholds in HC and I come to realize this game has no group finder??

It does through a third party site, adult friend finder dot com

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Lamebot posted:

Nope, you have to have friends or join a clan, which is why we all joined a clan.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

SettingSun posted:

Of course I fully expect needing to do that in endgame, but I believe that I should be able to stitch together whatever dumbass patchwork build I want and not struggle against bosses on the lowest difficulty while doing the story. Yes I'm one of the 5 people who apparently actually liked D3 a lot why do you ask

Try werebear druid. its crazy tanky (on t1 story ) and does good damage (on T1 story)

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I stuck it out through the entire campaign as fire wall and hydra and it the dps was really falling off near the end. I farmed a few aspects and swapped to ice shards and should have done it sooner. It’s a similar concept to the icy blades cooldown build from beta just not as powerful or immortal, but still gets the job done very well in wt3. I still end up a little mana starved occasionally but most of the time I have enough lucky hits and avalanche procs to sustain and blow everything up.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Transformation Druid makes me laugh, I dipped my toe in it last night and while I'll quickly have to choose one path I have the wolf builder and bear spender so fights are me going man WOLF WOLF BEAR WOLF WOLF BEAR WOLF- and it's very funny. It must be very disorienting for my guy.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

CuddleCryptid posted:

Transformation Druid makes me laugh, I dipped my toe in it last night and while I'll quickly have to choose one path I have the wolf builder and bear spender so fights are me going man WOLF WOLF BEAR WOLF WOLF BEAR WOLF- and it's very funny. It must be very disorienting for my guy.

I'm constantly changing between WOLF and MAN with the shredder DPS build and got the aspect that gives me health and fortifies if full every time I transform so my health is always being topped off, it's pretty great.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Any recommendations for Twitch streamers? The Blizzard list is 105 (!!!!) pages long? Kripperian who I know from Hearthstone isn't even on there either. So who are folks watching for drops?

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
Applied to Cathedral of Goons as TCTuggers / B.net is TomB

Mikojan
May 12, 2010

CuddleCryptid posted:

species fluid

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Clocks posted:

My one and only unique drop so far was a chest with the only modifier being +3.5k thorns on it (a min roll since it could have rolled like 5k thorns instead). With less armor than my current chest piece. Not something I'll be using but I bet you could make a sort of funny thorns gimmick build up until the point you start getting one-shot.

just got this and lmao it + thorns aoe aspect = rooms die the moment one person swings at you haha

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

CuddleCryptid posted:

There are definitely incentives on the Tree, and probably on items, to swap between the two. It's an interesting concept to emphasize the "Shapeshift" concept by forcing you to constantly do it, rather than like Last Epoch's Primalist that can just become a bear and be a bear indefinitely.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
For Rogue players, what am I missing with Inner Sight? It seems to trigger once every maybe 20 minutes.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Penetrating Shot with double imbuements seems p good. That is all.

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance
I'm gonna sound stupid here but what exactly is a battle pass? Looked it up rq and it seems like progress in seasons is limited without buying it. On a $70 game. How are people not absolutely enraged by this, or am I missing something?

I feel as if the concept of a battle pass is something everyone else intuitively understands but I genuinely have no idea what the hell it is.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
I'm not looking at builds online and just working out what synergises well. Got a poison werewolf build going that locks in enemies with the vine creeper and causes vulnerability with wind knockbacks which owns. Also have lower level rogue with the flurry aspect and attacks in a 360 arc and causes enemies to explode upon death with shadow damage, which also owns.

I guess I'll look at guides when I start hitting T3 and T4, but for now it's very satisfying coming up with my own powerful builds.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

lmao collecting all of the altars of Lilith will more than double the stats of my lvl 50 sorc, and give me a fist full of paragon points to slam on top of the ~1~ that I got for hitting 50.

Looks like it’s time to do that!

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

boneration posted:

I'm gonna sound stupid here but what exactly is a battle pass? Looked it up rq and it seems like progress in seasons is limited without buying it. On a $70 game. How are people not absolutely enraged by this, or am I missing something?

I feel as if the concept of a battle pass is something everyone else intuitively understands but I genuinely have no idea what the hell it is.

It's a thing you buy and you get the PRIVILEGE to unlock the cosmetics on it by being required to play x amount during a limited time (usually the length of a season).

It's a thing companies use to drive regular engagement with their games by stoking FOMO.

It sucks but by now it has become normalized in gaming in TYOOL 2023.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

boneration posted:

It's extra cosmetic bullshit tied into a leveling system that usually lasts throughout the season. A lot of games do this now which is why people aren't enraged by it.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'm not enraged by the battle pass because it's just some cosmetic crap and your character looks totally fine without it, also the screen is usually filled with explosions

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

I guess I'll look at guides when I start hitting T3 and T4, but for now it's very satisfying coming up with my own powerful builds.

yeah, I think guideless T3 will only work if you lucked into something that works. Too many undertuned abilities, even when fully synergized and supported by aspects.

T3 hits hard and you really need a lot of defensive tools and offensive synergies to keep going.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
Tried crafting and using the max level sigil i could create the only benefit I saw after clearing a dungeon 20+ levels higher than me was more exp on a paragon socket. I was hoping for better/higher level loot. wtf

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I wish I could change my hair. Sure I look like a goth Ryu right now but maybe I want to look like a bootleg Keith Urban and blizzard is stopping me from doing that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
I want to join a clan and shoot the poo poo with you guys in game but the clan has too many outstanding applications :mad: