Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Freaquency posted:

Forget hot vax summer, gimme Hot Strike Summer baby

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

:siren: I have now played more than 0 seconds of Diablo 4 :buddy:

This is awesome! The graphics seem a bit shittier than I was expecting given I have a pretty darn good gaming laptop. Everything is on ultra or the highest setting but the hair looks weird.

The game should uninstall itself if the player tries to create a necromancer with normal hair.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Almost got final destination’d today.

Not nearly as final destinationey in nature as this insane poo poo, but I locked up my tires three separate times on the freeway today.

On the way to work and on the way home an 18-wheeler and dump truck respectively were following too close to the cars in front and both had to slam on their brakes and then veer into my lane. Then on the way back from lunch some dude was probably drunk or something at 12:00PM in his bashed up truck, merged onto the freeway all herky jerky, veered into my lane and slammed on the brakes, I locked up my tires and slammed on the horn, and he veered back away and got off all herky jerky at the very next exit :wtc:

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
it is day 15 without power

my generator costs 1500/mo to run on gas to power two appliances at a time

something just blew out the power on the 40% of the island that had it restored

fema is drat-near invisible here other than taking up hotel room space

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Abugadu posted:

it is day 15 without power

Oof, that sucks, sorry.

And disappointing that the emergency response has been poor.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Peregrine falcons are dive-bombing people in downtown Chicago

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
They're getting warmed up, as it's projected to be a 28.3 C high on Saturday

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Let's loving Go

https://twitter.com/Firebirds/status/1665942510525628417?t=U-lB4hk5qsx8t00-7Cnh1g&s=19

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

The joys of trucking. I get to my delivery, drop the loaded trailer easily, and hook up to the empty to move it off the unloading bay. I move the empty, but I can’t get the kingpin to release. I try all the tricks I know, but nothing works. So I call breakdown to get a mechanic to come look at it. An hour later I get a call back from breakdown and NOW they are calling a mechanic because the first person I talked to got it all wrong.

I said to myself when I got here “Tonight is going well” and now it’s poo poo. Gonna wait 60 to 90 minutes for the mechanic to show up.

Reminds me of my Longshoring days with busted rear end mules that had no A/C or the side window wouldnt close so I’d be getting blasted with diesel exhaust for 6 hours. Those things had millions of miles on them. Plus the beat to ever loving poo poo bomb carts that would have brake lines that wouldn’t seal or stuck brakes. Like my 3rd day on the job no idea what I’m doing it’s 3am end of shift and I cannot get my can off the 5th wheel. I lucked out and this 25 year veteran gantry operator is coming off his crane sees me and saved my rear end. He hops in and absolutely floors the mule in reverse and slams the brakes, can drops and we both speed away to the parking lot, whole time I’m holding on for dear life in the cabs doorway. No fucks givin he turns to me and just goes “morning shifts problem”

These fuckers. They have basically no suspension and even worse brakes. Every bump and slam goes straight to your spine, the reason I only lasted a couple years, 8 hour shift I’d be flat on my back for a day or 2

$300 a shift became not worth it

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jun 6, 2023

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

https://twitter.com/TeamsterRnF/status/1665817758142005248

Speaking of labor If there isn't a ratified contract by July 31 there will be roughly 400k striking teamsters.

I really don't want them to strike.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Air Skwirl posted:

Haha, didn't think about that. This is going to gently caress your life all the way up if it happens isn't it?

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Air Skwirl posted:

Most of us don't want to strike either but we aren't delusional enough to think we will get a decent contract without one.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

Most of us don't want to strike either but we aren't delusional enough to think we will get a decent contract without one.

I'm absolutely in favor of a strike if they won't give you a decent contract, I just really, really don't want it to come to that.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

CannonFodder posted:

The joys of trucking. I get to my delivery, drop the loaded trailer easily, and hook up to the empty to move it off the unloading bay. I move the empty, but I can’t get the kingpin to release. I try all the tricks I know, but nothing works. So I call breakdown to get a mechanic to come look at it. An hour later I get a call back from breakdown and NOW they are calling a mechanic because the first person I talked to got it all wrong.

I said to myself when I got here “Tonight is going well” and now it’s poo poo. Gonna wait 60 to 90 minutes for the mechanic to show up.
Update! 2 and a half hours after I first called, I was back on the road. Got back to the DC, same problem, and the ratchet strap the mechanic gave me isn’t enough to fix it. Now to wait on mechanic number 2 so I can go home.

Again, this was supposed to be an easy day, and I will be lobbying for retention pay.

edit: before the mechanic another driver came up, whacked what is evidently the adjustment bolt with a wrench, and fixed it. Now I know and am at home.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Jun 6, 2023

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The Apple headset looks dumb as hell, and that comes from me, who has bought too much Apple poo poo.

CannonFodder posted:

The joys of trucking.

Partially because it’s what’s in my brain all the time but it’s strange that so much of the trucking in Japan is rigid trucks and not tractor-trailers - there’s a few reasons for it, but the result is fewer big tractors and more ~55,000 lb GVW van trucks. Thought of that when you complained about trailer problems :v:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone have a password manager that they prefer?

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
I've been using 1password for years now, I still like it a lot. I don't mind paying the sub because I use the family and other cloud features but if you are opposed to fees then it's probably not for you.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Does anyone have a password manager that they prefer?

bitwarden

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Wow, CMX movie theaters gave me a free ticket for my birthday. Not a buy 1 get 1, not some "to be used today and excluding all but two lovely movies", just a straight-up movie ticket for anything they show that expires in 60 days. Can't think of the last time a company simply gave a free thing and not just a thinly disguised coupon.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

GD_American posted:

How's your cooking? :v:

Is this a dig at Filipinos being bad cooks? :confused:

On Sunday I grabbed some stuff from the farmers market to make this:

Roasted porcini, morel, and lions mane mushrooms, as well as some beets. Puréed the beet leaves with a stick of butter while steaming some asparagus. Fresh thyme & some shaved Parmesan.

Kinda overcooked the beets but everything else was :discourse:.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Hell yeah! I'm going to wear my Firebirds shirt in support.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Android Apocalypse posted:

On Sunday I grabbed some stuff from the farmers market to make this:

Roasted porcini, morel, and lions mane mushrooms, as well as some beets. Puréed the beet leaves with a stick of butter while steaming some asparagus. Fresh thyme & some shaved Parmesan.

Kinda overcooked the beets but everything else was :discourse:.

I hope not, Filipino cuisine is best cuisine. My Thanksgivings used to be Filipino inspired which just meant my in laws deep fried a turkey and made tempura to go with the traditional Football Watching accompaniments of noodle rice and adobo

T-Square
May 14, 2009

RIP Ads :(

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My wife still walks like a toddler and can't bend over to pick stuff up yet but is now walker-free 🙂

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I'm glad yall got a couple wins at home

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
This is loving wild

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/1666081759459692545?t=RKVi8w2_2EV3uPA-8GhLrw&s=19

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Lmao

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That's hilarious. Alright fine Saudis, you're lovely enough to be part of the PGA.

Nov 6, 2002

Also merging with FIFA, the IOC, NCAA and NAMBLA.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

well if golf wasn’t the maga sport before it is now

Nov 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/CthulhuEgg/status/1665992703518154754

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Not a golf fan, but... why? LIV's only been around a couple of years, right? Has it been that successful, or is the PGA Tour just afraid of competition? And if that's the case, did LIV just exist as a way for the Saudis to get into the PGA Tour?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

drat, I think my aunt is real close to retiring anyway, hopefully this doesn't gently caress with her job.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Shinji2015 posted:

Not a golf fan, but... why? LIV's only been around a couple of years, right? Has it been that successful, or is the PGA Tour just afraid of competition? And if that's the case, did LIV just exist as a way for the Saudis to get into the PGA Tour?

Gonna say "money".

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kind of shocked it's a merger, but I suspect it's more the PGA takes LIV and strangles it in the crib in exchange for a lot of money. All the LIV golfers gonna have to degrade themselves at the altar of Augusta before they're allowed back in.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Bomani as usual has got the appropriate reaction

https://twitter.com/bomani_jones/status/1666096516220727296?t=swZUvWFYX3Wdd9uXxMUWHw&s=19

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Android Apocalypse posted:

What he meant was, since you're bucking all the other Filipino trends, maybe you're also a bad cook, since Filipino food is normally good.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

C-Euro posted:

Gonna say "money".

Pretty much. The terms of the agreement are TBD, but this will cause all the litigation between them to be settled.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

swickles posted:

Bomani as usual has got the appropriate reaction

In the almost exact same vein:

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1666090889612267527

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
For as desperate as the American Right (really the Western Right) is for any sort of cultural or popular clout, they should be taking a page out of MBS's play book and just throwing ever-increasing sums of money at stuff until they control it.

*looks at Twitter*

No not like that