Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Glow is kind of a useless effect because you're usually more interested in lighting up the area in front of you, not immediately around you

That said I had like 5000 lightbloom seeds you get a ton in every cave and well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Kart Barfunkel posted:

We should be due for another Mario kart wave soon, right?

It's taking forever because the movie did so well. Mario keeps demanding to renegotiate his whole contract now that he "famous" and all.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I'm pretty sure that whenever the next Direct is, probably 2-3 weeks after Pikmin 4 releases, they'll announce the next Mario Kart 8 wave and it'll drop within a week from there.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Then I’ll run thru the tracks in 15 minutes and demand more.

MK9 please.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

History Comes Inside! posted:

I also hate the depths, running around in the dark is not my idea of fun and I go through seeds like a motherfucker.

Even dropping into them sucks sometimes because the walls of the chasm are lined with angry glowy poo poo and sometimes that’s also under you and so you’re completely disoriented with no idea how high up you might be and which direction you need to glide in to avoid landing in the angry glowy poo poo.

ImpAtom posted:

Attach your seeds to something you can ride around.

yeah the depths are made to be traveled "in style!" (with hylian-made death machines)

Ragaduffin
Nov 28, 2007
Far out dude

ImpAtom posted:

Attach your seeds to something you can ride around.

Gonna make an Angler Fish-Car

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
My only regret in ToTK is I didn't really understand how big the Zoanite grind for batteries was when the item dupe was alive. I absolutely would have cheesed full batteries rather than taking a break every few hours to grind one out while I can stand it. Like everything, I'm sure I'll be done with the game before I max out anything, though I'm positive the game is 100% beatable on just the first one they give you (and probably beatable without ever actually realizing there even IS an underworld).

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah i got the zoanite armor and have a shitload of charges so i've been chowing down on those on the occasions where i want to go on a long ride, it'd still be more efficient though

what really annoys me is the multiple steps needed to get the energy wells

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Huxley posted:

My only regret in ToTK is I didn't really understand how big the Zoanite grind for batteries was when the item dupe was alive. I absolutely would have cheesed full batteries rather than taking a break every few hours to grind one out while I can stand it. Like everything, I'm sure I'll be done with the game before I max out anything, though I'm positive the game is 100% beatable on just the first one they give you (and probably beatable without ever actually realizing there even IS an underworld).

There is a great Zonaite grinding spot west of the Gerudo Mine, through a big the hole in the walls where the hoversled dock is pointed. There's a small Moblin camp, and along the low ridge by the wall north of opening on the camp side

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

You get enough zonaite from the mines to get your base 8 full batteries then if you hit the camps and boss relights you can easily overcharge most of them without having to grind anything.

There’s A LOT of mines down there and at least 3-4 relights per boss. the bosses alone give you 100 energy each.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Did not expect a character creator in Pikmin of all games.

Going to create an absolute little freak & ride that dog.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Hope there are fun notes and logs in Pikmin 4 even if the character is custom

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Huxley posted:

Using zoanite for charges is kind of early/mid game. Once you're able to take on things like taloses and lynels in the underdark you really don't need to trade in zoanite for charge power.

Hell, you can get a poo poo ton of charges by re-fighting the temple bosses in the underdark. The first kill of each one gives you 100 charges, which is an entire battery segment. And there are multiple copies.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

Then I’ll run thru the tracks in 15 minutes and demand more.

MK9 please.

I’m curious if we’re going to see a new Mario title in general anytime soon (what was the last one we got anyway not counting DLC for MK8, Mario Maker 2 back in 2019?)

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Mario is dead, it’s Warios turn

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Fair enough, bring back the Wario Land series then (I don’t think we’ve had a Wario themed platformer since the Wii)

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Bowser's Fury, I suppose. Mario went Hollywood, now his poo poo doesn't stink. At least Luigi is still fighting ghosts

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Larryb posted:

I’m curious if we’re going to see a new Mario title in general anytime soon (what was the last one we got anyway not counting DLC for MK8, Mario Maker 2 back in 2019?)
3D World Re-Release + Bowser's Fury was 2021.

Tough how you want to categorize that one. I'm waiting with baited breath for Odyssey 2, but it does feel kind of surprising not to get something new for this long, or at least, it felt like they put out NSMB entries out at a quicker pace when they were doing those.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

3D World Re-Release + Bowser's Fury was 2021.

Tough how you want to categorize that one. I'm waiting with baited breath for Odyssey 2, but it does feel kind of surprising not to get something new for this long, or at least, it felt like they put out NSMB entries out at a quicker pace when they were doing those.

Oh yeah, Bowser’s Fury was technically a new game. I still want something else though (hell, I’d take another NSMB style entry or a 3D Land/World sequel at this point)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jun 6, 2023

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
The second half of the year is looking pretty empty so far for Nintendo. A new mainline Mario would definitely fill that void.

Nintendo could do the most Nintendo thing possible & release Odyssey DLC 6 years after the game released.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Palmtree Panic posted:

The second half of the year is looking pretty empty so far for Nintendo. A new mainline Mario would definitely fill that void.

Nintendo could do the most Nintendo thing possible & release Odyssey DLC 6 years after the game released.

It worked for Mario Kart!

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Switch Pro is going to come with Mario Kart 8++ preinstalled and it'll be another 4 years before Mario Kart 9.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Palmtree Panic posted:

end of the year console announce w/ new mario teaser, spring 24 release

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
What can they add for mario kart 9? I propose everyone races in time machines

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

WHY BONER NOW posted:

What can they add for mario kart 9?

they could give Mario a gun

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Wow wow wow loving woooooow

I was very much not expecting to stumble across the master sword there, of all places. An all time great gaming moment I think

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
Lol at the new thread title

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I've said it before, but I want an overworld/"open world-lite", like in Diddy Kong Racing. :kiddo:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

WHY BONER NOW posted:

The Depths

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Make it so you have to master hand all your karts together

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Could do a rachet and clank rift apart thing where the tracks have paths that change/portal to different tracks, or maybe are even built in front of you procedurally depending on various factors

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

WHY BONER NOW posted:

The option to race single or Double Dash.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

beer gas canister posted:

end of the year console announce w/ new mario teaser, spring 24 release

I’m imagining the fidelity of Mario’s denim…wow.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Waffle! posted:

The option to race single or Double Dash.

(big don draper puff) …Triple Dash.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Bowser's Fury, I suppose. Mario went Hollywood, now his poo poo doesn't stink. At least Luigi is still fighting ghosts

Luigi is about to go Hollywood played by Matt Damon in upcoming hit film
We Sought a Boo

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Luigi is about to go Hollywood played by Matt Damon in upcoming hit film
We Sought a Boo

I would boo you but that would just feed into your terrible joke

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I love Pikmin 4's plot. What a bunch of goofballs.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I love Pikmin 4's plot. What a bunch of goofballs.

They all have such good vibes. It can't be easy to balance goofy and wholesomeness with trepidation and outright horror, yet they nail it every single time

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mister Facetious posted:

I never said it was in botw, I'm comparing it to something that was. Each guardian clear in botw added a new weapon augment type.
In totk, I didn't see stronger enemies in old zones until i started clearing temples.

I saw black enemies before clearing a single temple and it's entirely possible to fight silver enemies in a freshly started game, though collecting enough weapons to be able to kill said enemies is another matter.

Hell, I killed a Skellox before I had the glider because some enemies are static and I immediately explored the caves under Hyrule castle after going there to look for Zelda.

History Comes Inside! posted:

I also hate the depths, running around in the dark is not my idea of fun and I go through seeds like a motherfucker.

Even dropping into them sucks sometimes because the walls of the chasm are lined with angry glowy poo poo and sometimes that’s also under you and so you’re completely disoriented with no idea how high up you might be and which direction you need to glide in to avoid landing in the angry glowy poo poo.

You can drop a seed while falling and it'll light the floor, giving you a good idea of what's around. Finding any pieces of the mining set helps a bunch but you also collect a lot of seeds as you explore the land/sky. I think I have around 500 small and 130 large seeds currently and yeah I used a ton of them when exploring the gloom too. Probably 100 or so small seeds the first time I went down there.

Put a seed on your vehicle and/or attach a light. I did a bunch of exploring by flying around on a glider+2x fan+control stick with a large glowseed on the front and it helped a lot because the big glowseeds on a flying vehicle is a lot of light.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Glow is kind of a useless effect because you're usually more interested in lighting up the area in front of you, not immediately around you

That said I had like 5000 lightbloom seeds you get a ton in every cave and well

You can throw them far enough and if you need more range stick one on an arrow.

MOD EDIT: Hello I am editing this post to fix a spoiler tag, carry on chums --HopperUK

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jun 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

WarpDogs posted:

They all have such good vibes. It can't be easy to balance goofy and wholesomeness with trepidation and outright horror, yet they nail it every single time

The completely weird and alien nature of the wildlife helps combined with your and the Pikmin's general helplessness. The fact they get eaten doesn't help because that's just straight up one of the worst ways to die.

In so many games you just get killed/shot but in Pikmin you get digested.