Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I don't think kids even particularly like tony the tiger, do they? it's mostly the horny kind of furry?

i think it's mostly a barely "ironic" / shitposting thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

I wish people would stop being weird

i don't

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
other mascots ftl this is a cool spot thread :coolspot:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Oh it apparently a dumb overreaction to something from 36 years ago where they took a still from a bella Lugosi picture that had a 6 pointed star in it, how the gently caress do you remember or care about that?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
People get loving weird about nose shapes

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Spanish Manlove posted:

Is count chocula anti-Semitic because he's a caricature or because of something else?

People were bothered that he wore(wears? Do they still make it?) a star of david as the character has vampiric/evil associations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

Is count chocula anti-Semitic because he's a caricature or because of something else?
It's because he hates Jewish people and his vampiric nature suggests that he would have been able to stop Adolf Hitler with ease, but chose not to.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mr Hootington posted:

I wish people would stop being weird
I have bad news about humans in general

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Grassy Knowles posted:

People were bothered that he wore(wears? Do they still make it?) a star of david as the character has vampiric/evil associations.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Spanish Manlove posted:

how the gently caress do you remember or care about that?

Is this too long for a thread title

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It's because he hates Jewish people and his vampiric nature suggests that he would have been able to stop Adolf Hitler with ease, but chose not to.

never meet your heroes...

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

symbolic posted:

never meet your heroes...

I thought I could Count on Chocula, but now I’m just Boo on Berry.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Captain Invictus posted:

Kelloggs thought they would get in on the hot new vtuber craze and debuted a Tony the Tiger vtuber.

I believe he lasted a single stream before Kelloggs shut it down permanently because the People Who Are Horny For Tony descended upon that stream like a category 5 hurricane

e: furricane

Here I am
Yiff you like a furricane

I sort of assumed that the medal Dracula often wears was just to show that he was a member of some ancient aristocratic knightly order.

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

Spanish Manlove posted:

he dispossessed and expelled all of the jews and roma from chocula in like 1530

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Captain Invictus posted:

Kelloggs thought they would get in on the hot new vtuber craze and debuted a Tony the Tiger vtuber.

I believe he lasted a single stream before Kelloggs shut it down permanently because the People Who Are Horny For Tony descended upon that stream like a category 5 hurricane

e: furricane

Life is like a furricane, here at Kelloggs.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Mad Hamish posted:

I sort of assumed that the medal Dracula often wears was just to show that he was a member of some ancient aristocratic knightly order.

It is actually to indicate that he is representative of all Jewish people, and Jewish culture generally, OP.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Marcade posted:

Life is like a furricane, here at Kelloggs.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

GBS Thread: I am Count Chocula, AMA

GBS Guy: I don't know whether this is legit, but this is a loving amazing read.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Not a "cereal guy" personally

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”

is dracula going to murder count chocula? messed up...

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
i don't eat breakfast cereal so it's not my fault that the thread about booberry turned into racial purity chat

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Mad Hamish posted:

It is but the promo artist must have saw it incorrectly.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
part of an ethically balanced breakfast

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Remember that thing about how Frankenberry made you poo poo pink?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

imagining dracula as a stereotypical jewish hypochondriac and loling for some reason

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Mel Brooks as Count Chocula

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Count Kvetchula

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

imagining dracula as a stereotypical jewish hypochondriac and loling for some reason

Vlad the Inhaler

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
nice

harveys zoo zoos posted:

oh yes i'm still here. i don't know if i will be posting any new threads anytime soon but i do have more stories about prison life that i've been asked to talk about elsewhere. but i will go about my business posting in other parts of sa.

so i see that a mod stepped in here to stop the fighting but that never happened in my thread. it got closed before i had a chance to even look at it. both isaboo and i messaged the mod who closed it but they were not helpful in telling me anything.

and since a couple of people continued to bring up my name here after captainsarcastic said to stop, i'll say my 2 cents then be done.

it was my idea for isaboo to post the 'reveal'. i feel bad that he got attacked for it when it was my mistake. i probably shouldn't have asked him to do it. but i was nervous like i was when we first posted the thread. we intended for that post to mean 'only harvey is posting from now on' but as he said i felt i needed to take a break. the dose of the internet i got was too much too soon too fast. if i had wanted to continue instead of stopping there i think everything would have made a lot more sense because of what i had planned to share.

i don't know if any of you actually read his post but in it he says we thought about having him write a fictional story like his other gbs stories. that was my idea but he said he'd rather not because the story is so personal to me. so instead we decided to collaborate and share this account for a while. he'd post some things i either couldn't or didn't want to answer. we embellished and changed some details for obvious reasons, just like he does with his other stuff. but everything that i said happened, happened in some way. the hard facts about conditions inside are all true.

that's all it was. i asked a good friend to help me navigatge a completely new world. it wasn't done to be sneaky, or for him to 'chase clout' which is a ridiculous idea. it backfired when i wanted to come clean. that's on me.

so i guess i'll ask someone else so i will know. why didn't a mod actually moderate that thread when it got out of control
it was a popular thread that a lot of people posted in so it's weird to see nothing happen there, yet this thread got told to cut it out.

all i wanted to do was apologize to the thread for misleading them but i didn't get that chance. so i guess this is that apology.

anyway i won't say anything else about it. y'all can respond however you want and mods can do whatever they like with me but i'm done talking about that thread.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Grassy Knowles posted:

Wait, people think Count Chocula is evil? I guess I'm not up on my Monster Cereal canon.

I didn't even know they're collectively known as Monster Cereal.

Or that there's a new one coming out called Carmella Creeper.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

DaysBefore posted:

Mel Brooks as Count Chocula

He had his chance and chose to be Van Helsing, and we should respect that.

Richard Lewis is probably a better fit for this:

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Bwuh

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Cthulu Carl posted:

Wait, people think Count Chocula is evil? I guess I'm not up on my Monster Cereal canon.

I didn't even know they're collectively known as Monster Cereal.

Or that there's a new one coming out called Carmella Creeper.

I think he can just only eat Count Chocula cereal? We should pity them not scorn them. Immortality at what cost?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEM3NgHhYlg

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
lol

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
All the Count Chocula talk is amusing because the guy who claimed that as their username here was a nutjob who was obsessed with defeating death.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Nuns with Guns posted:

All the Count Chocula talk is amusing because the guy who claimed that as their username here was a nutjob who was obsessed with defeating death.

That just basic vampirism

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Defeating Death is the job of Alucohc, usually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Nuns with Guns posted:

badass