Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Endless Mike posted:

No, I mean in, like, the practical sense that 616 ESU isn't going to have a good time getting transcripts from whatever universe Gwen comes from unless they have access to Reed's multiversal transcript exchange.

Oh, yeah, that'd be a problem.

"What the gently caress is a .man file?"

"Uh, basic word processor format? Why, what do you use?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

howe_sam posted:

The first five issue Spider-Gwen series was fine, but Latour's follow up series was just the Gwen misery tour and I didn't care for it. Like who thought stripping her of her powers after eight issues was a good idea?

I feel like it was just a roundabout way to get to the symbiote but trying not to rehash any versions of the Venom story from any that have come before, but I agree it was dumb.

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, that was a bizarre decision. I feel like they were going for a Spider-Gwen (I have no issue with that as a fan name, by the way, but I absolutely HATE that it's become the branding for her)

Yeah, I remember when they did the Ghost-Spider thing because she needed an identity outside of "Spider-Gwen" and everybody collectively went "...But she's Spider-Woman in her world" and Marvel just went yeah but Jessica Drew is Spider-Woman, we can't have 2 Spider-Women... while failing to see how loving stupid that is when they have 2 Spider-Men.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Endless Mike posted:

No, I mean in, like, the practical sense that 616 ESU isn't going to have a good time getting transcripts from whatever universe Gwen comes from unless they have access to Reed's multiversal transcript exchange.

University of Phoenix is an accredited and well-respected institution on Earth-42734

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

TwoPair posted:

I feel like it was just a roundabout way to get to the symbiote but trying not to rehash any versions of the Venom story from any that have come before, but I agree it was dumb.

Yeah, I remember when they did the Ghost-Spider thing because she needed an identity outside of "Spider-Gwen" and everybody collectively went "...But she's Spider-Woman in her world" and Marvel just went yeah but Jessica Drew is Spider-Woman, we can't have 2 Spider-Women... while failing to see how loving stupid that is when they have 2 Spider-Men.

We can't have TWO Spider-Women! We already have Jessica Drew. And Julia Carpenter. Okay wait hold on we can't have THREE Spider-Women. Just Jessica Drew, Julia Carpenter, and Mattie Franklin.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Only reason they didn't rename Miles is probably just because so much of his initial run was about him being worthy of wearing the name Spider-Man, also with the racist assholes posting they would have been seen as like bending the knee to them in a way that wouldn't have ended well.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dexo posted:

Best party of USM was them realizing how loving stupid it was that they killed Gwen, that they proceeded to bullshit her back, in the most hilarious fashion.

Didn't Bendis say pretty much like almost immediately after killing Gwen that he hosed up and shouldn't have done it?

So yeah, I enjoyed bringing her back and then pretty much ignoring the how and why and just pretending she never died.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Symbiote clone, but uh, she has no powers and her DNA is exactly the same as her past human self, and she has all of Gwen's old memories, not a trace of symbiote anywhere.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Fangz posted:

I pretty much agree. If you think back to the start with the student counselor, the theme of the movie is that "you write your own story", so it would go against that to have it so that Miles is only a good guy because of some random thing outside of his control.

Also remember that Miles tied up Peter B in the first movie, so it's calling back to that.

And Spider-Miles is getting ready to venom strike the chains and break out while he keeps Prowler-Miles talking. Don't watch the mouth, watch the hands.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dexo posted:

Symbiote clone, but uh, she has no powers and her DNA is exactly the same as her past human self, and she has all of Gwen's old memories, not a trace of symbiote anywhere.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I'll never forget how hard I laughed in the theater the moment he walked into the room with a cowboy hat because I knew exactly what was about to happen.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

catlord posted:

Oh, yeah, that'd be a problem.

"What the gently caress is a .man file?"

A miserable little pile of text.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Now I'm wondering if Ultimate Gwarnage is the inspiration behind Spider-Gwen now being fully powered by a symbiote suit instead of her own powers

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Apparently Cap 4 got a subtitle change

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1666051749969264640?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Why not both? BRAVE NEW WORLD ORDER

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Interesting plot then

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Brave-New-World

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Can't wait for Cap to eat some somas

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Maybe it’s an adaptation of The Tempest.

Captain America: Hell is Empty and the Devils are Here.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Interesting change, both are shorthand for bitterness and cynicism but Brave New World might be a bit less politically charged and definitely doesn't have the anti-globalism bent that NWO does.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Maybe they dropped NWO because they had to turn away too many aging wrestlers auditioning in black and white costumes.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Producers couldn’t secure this for the theme song so they changed the title

https://youtu.be/A_DgkB200ws

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Probably just want to avoid all the insane anti-vaxxer types

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CzarChasm posted:

Maybe they dropped NWO because they had to turn away too many aging wrestlers auditioning in black and white costumes.

But enough about how long Bullet Club has been around!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man Into the Spider-verse is just so good in every way. Rarely do we see animated films that really push what you can do with the animated medium.

Also, was the sound problems people had just with the opening with Gwen drumming? I thought that was intended to be Gwen using her drumming to down out all the thoughts she was having.

Though I really wonder how long its going to take to get either Miles or Gwen in the MCU. We don't know the exact situation Parker got his powers, so nothing percludes that Gwen and Miles got them in similar ways in the same universe. Spider-Verse have shown these characters are popular, so I can't see them not having them come in eventually. Maybe Spider-Man 4 will feature them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Miles has already been mentioned twice in the MCU.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Joe Fisto posted:

Producers couldn’t secure this for the theme song so they changed the title

https://youtu.be/A_DgkB200ws

knew what this was before I clicked

was not disappointed :black101:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Cool short thread on how Spider-Punk was animated:

https://twitter.com/cgratzlaff/status/1665548014600036362?s=20

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The movie's animation was truly amazing and spectacular and web of.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Lobok posted:

The movie's animation was truly amazing and spectacular and web of.
Was it also Peter Parker

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That's arguably the same as spectacular.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I thought it was mostly superior and ultimate tbh

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

Miles has already been mentioned twice in the MCU.

It's certainly a question of when not if.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
They should only put Miles and Gwen in the MCU if they stay animated, Roger Rabbit style

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Macaluso posted:

They should only put Miles and Gwen in the MCU if they stay animated, Roger Rabbit style

:hai:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They confirmed they were doing a live action Miles movie a few weeks ago.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They confirmed they were doing a live action Miles movie a few weeks ago.

Yeah but Sony confirmed that so it doesn’t mean MCU.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Still in the after glow of spiderverse 2. Goddamn

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Seems early to Young Avenger Spider-Man in the MCU.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I’ve seen that Shameik Moore wants to be MCU/Sony Miles, but he looks like a grown-rear end man and not a teenager. I guess that didn’t stop Tobey from being Peter..

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Joe Fisto posted:

I’ve seen that Shameik Moore wants to be MCU/Sony Miles, but he looks like a grown-rear end man and not a teenager. I guess that didn’t stop Tobey from being Peter..

Samuel L. Jackson made a whole movie playing a 40-something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

live with fruit posted:

Samuel L. Jackson made a whole movie playing a 40-something.

I’m sure it could work, but all I could think when I saw this IMDB picture was “how do you do fellow teens?”