Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

Is changing your hair locked behind a paywall? I picked a really stupid haircut and I want to change it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Bioshuffle posted:

Is changing your hair locked behind a paywall? I picked a really stupid haircut and I want to change it.

there's a dresser in the main hub city where you can change your appearance

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

BULBASAUR posted:

there's a dresser in the main hub city where you can change your appearance

you can change your tattoos but you cant change your hair lol

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

InventorOfTrees posted:

you can change your tattoos but you cant change your hair lol

Just like real lif-- hey wait a darn minute!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

this is gonna make some fuckers mad

https://www.google.com/search?q=bli...nt=gws-wiz-serp

CuddleCryptid posted:

The glowing reviews from every outlet helped a lot imo. I certainly wasn't going to play it til I started seeing people singing its praises to high heaven all over the place.

It's an 87 on Metacritic. An 87 for a triple A title is not glowing. Diablo 3 has an 88. Diablo 3 was not a good game. Maybe it became a good game I saw no reason to go back to it. Anyway the point isn't that D4 is bad or good the point is that I don't trust reviewers.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Duck and Cover posted:

https://www.google.com/search?q=bli...nt=gws-wiz-serp

It's an 87 on Metacritic. An 87 for a triple A title is not glowing. Diablo 3 has an 88. Diablo 3 was not a good game. Maybe it became a good game I saw no reason to go back to it. Anyway the point isn't that D4 is bad or good the point is that I don't trust reviewers.

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

this is gonna make some fuckers mad

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Zotix posted:

Had this drop last night. I'm pretty happy with it

Does ultimate damage do anything for grizzly rage?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Yeah you mad.

nerox
May 20, 2001

zoux posted:

What settings were you able to play at?

I never touched the settings so whatever it launched as default.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

nerox posted:

I never touched the settings so whatever it launched as default.

You were happy with the performance? How hard was it to get it working? (I'm thinking about getting a deck which is why I'm grilling you lol)

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

Duck and Cover posted:

Yeah you mad.

you are literally the worst poster in every thread you post in

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Give them a chance. People change

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
do aspects stack? if i have the same one on an amulet and a weapon for instance

also, if i have a weapon that says 25% more to close enemies, does this apply to damage from all sources or just that weapon?

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jun 6, 2023

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

InventorOfTrees posted:

you are literally the worst poster in every thread you post in

I'm sorry but negging doesn't actually work on me =(.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Verviticus posted:

I had +2 skeleton limit on my shoes and my OH and they did not.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

SettingSun posted:

It's a wonder that we're giving D4 the time of day after the Diablo Immortal trash fire. And the string of Blizzard's other recent failures. I heard Dragonflight was ok but I dunno I don't play MMOs.

The most recent lovely game they made was overwatch 2 and that barely counts. Other than that I guess there's the last sc2 expansion. Remasters or whatever don't count as something to use to guess about a full fledged game like d4, imo. Immortal was just a phone game, irrelevant.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Verviticus posted:

No the one with the best numbers is active. Or just one in the case of that legendary. I bet if you had a 2her (which would have more extra skeletons) and a regular armor piece, you'd get the benefit of the 2her.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Don’t people like that latest wow content ?

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

euphronius posted:

yeah it's a chill expansion

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rod Furgeson had an interview on the Xbox twitch channel, but didn't really have anything to say about future updates. Just that Diablo Immortal is getting a new class soon, and that he "hears us" about a gem bag. Diablo Immortal isn't necessary for Blizzard to continue to update though, they can go ahead and shut that down and no one will feel that anything of value was lost.

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

euphronius posted:

I think it really works for a certain kind of long term player. I got bored immediately and shouldn’t have bought it, but I was reading the SA threads at the time and plenty of goons were raving about it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I asked in clan chat the other day if anyone could make a good case for using Primal Shred instead of Raging Shred with a mainly poison werewolf druid build and I finally found it with the aspect that applies damage instantly on poisoned enemies nearby when dashing with Shred. Poisoning huge packs of enemies then using the 3 dashes with shred to jump across the group, detonating all the poison stacks and killing most things instantly is reeeeal satisfying. The biggest issue I run into is when I'm out of spirit and have to take a couple swings with the staff before being able to shred-dash into or out of trouble. It gets easy to zone out while holding down shred not realizing I'm not swinging anymore because it takes a surprising amount of spirit to do.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Has DSP played D4 yet

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah he started it last night I think.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Getting my first login queue since launch. Started at 45 minutes and it's now at 47 about 10 minutes later

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I take it all back, I dropped the unique I wanted, sacred version, off a loving treasure goblin.

10/10

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Thanks folks for the suggestions. Yes I'm in Tier 1 and was using a build but the ones on Fextralife seem to fit me better. I now understand how aspects work, just have to get past my usual wanting to keep everything until end game because there may never be an end game for me. Which is fine, I know I'll get at least 100 hours out of the game anyway and that's all I ask for.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

ultrachrist posted:

I think it really works for a certain kind of long term player. I got bored immediately and shouldn’t have bought it, but I was reading the SA threads at the time and plenty of goons were raving about it.

Yeah, I liked Dragonflight but without any of my friends playing, I got bored quickly

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

euphronius posted:

I've never stuck around WOW for more than 1-2 months each expansion but Dragonflight i've still got my sub going and probably will through at minimum another month or two. It's been a huge shock to me as I expect the absolute worst from bliz, doubly so after the whole OW2 debacle.

If anyones on now i'm gonna try to start a group from now until like 6PM EST to run 20-30 keys, iii#12957 / ign Barbie if you want in.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

quote:

An 87 is a low score, actually

traveling back in time for the dumbest OG IGN takes

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Worst part of this game is when I'm playing one class there's others that look insanely cool

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

satanic splash-back posted:

Worst part of this game is when I'm playing one class there's others that look insanely cool

This was me the moment I saw a necromancer do that big red snake spell.

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

satanic splash-back posted:

this is always the biggest problem with diablo games

alcaras
Oct 3, 2013

noli timere
Is this accurate?

my current understanding on optimum-ish play:
- finish campaign asap, since you can't get to world tier 3 without finishing it
- you also get your mount in act 4, which speeds up moving around the world
- once you're done with the campaign, prioritize getting renown 3 in all zones (for the extra skill points)
- you'll probably want to tackle the capstone dungeon around L45-50 and unlock wt3
- then focus on renown 5 in all zones (for the extra paragon points) -- prioritize waypoints, altars, and strongholds -- pick up sidequests and do them too, but you can only have 20 at a time (try to only do dungeons if there's a sidequest for it, or a tree of whispers reward, or a nightmare sigil for it)
- helltide events are a great way to gear up, but only up every other hour
- you can dabble in nightmare dungeons as well, but prioritize renown 5 first
- you'll probably want to tackle the capstone dungeon around L60-65 and unlock wt4
- then do nightmare dungeons that are 3 levels above you (for 25% xp bonus) -- try to run Nightmare Dungeon Level (YourLevel - 51) [e.g. NM19 at L70] and keep doing helltide etc.

alcaras fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jun 6, 2023

Morbus
May 18, 2004

mcbexx posted:

Why does my GPU go into overdrive when I'm at the armor vendor in Kyovashad?

I have a 60fps frame cap in game, so it's not the usual "we uncapped the framerate lol" prank devs like to pull ever so often.

How. Why. Just why.
It's the small animation of the vendor inside the window, isn't it?
Rendered at full 4k with raytracing and scaled down?
Full hairworks on the fur hat and coat?

For some reason vendor screens are maxing GPU. Nobody really knows why, inlcuding Blizzard apparently, because they pushed a band-aid hotfix yesterday that seems to cap fps in vendor screens at 60 even if you have no cap / a higher FPS cap.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

So I'm like 24 and have been playing in WT1. I switched to 2 and joined my friend's game last night. I beat the the Druid city stronghold Tul Whatever in WT1, but it reverted back to it's original status in my friend's game. Is this because I switched WTs or because he hadn't done that in his game?

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

Infinitum posted:

What's the deal with the bug where you zone into a new map section, and teleporting to the end instantly?

Zoned into a cave and I was instantly at the end.

One of the spider dungeons was warping me around and I had to exit and re-enter. It warped me right to the boss and I got the "clear a dungeon in 2 minutes" chiev lmao

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

alcaras posted:

Is this accurate?

- finish campaign asap, since you can't get to world tier 3 without finishing it
- once you're done with the campaign, prioritize getting renown 3 in all zones (for the extra skill points)
- you'll probably want to tackle the capstone dungeon around L45-50 and unlock wt3
- then focus on renown 5 in all zones (for the extra paragon points)
- you'll probably want to tackle the capstone dungeon around L60-65 and unlock wt4
- then do nightmare dungeons that are 3 levels above you (for 25% xp bonus) -- try to run Nightmare Dungeon Level (YourLevel - 51) [e.g. NM19 at L70] and keep doing helltide etc.

if this is accurate this helps me.

also, go back and do sidequests post-campaign too?

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

alcaras posted:

Is this accurate?

- then focus on renown 5 in all zones (for the extra paragon points)

This matches my understanding, although the reneown -> paragon grind is long, so you might want to do T3 dungeons and poo poo before fully maxing all 5 renown areas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

poemdexter posted:

This was me the moment I saw a necromancer do that big red snake spell.

thats sorc