Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I still can’t get online, probably because my ISP is dogshit comcast and even disabling the firewall won’t let you turn off packet filtering. Not sure I’ll ever be able to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Speaking of avatars, I'm curious, what combos have people found that feel pretty strong?

Right now I've landed on Cammy's kit and Spiral Arrow bolstered with Manon's command grab; Cammy feels weird without all of her tools, but that gives me enough to get in and land some throws. Unfortunately Manon's grabs aren't nearly as good in a mode with wildly varying and often pretty large health pools, but it still gets some business done.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

raised by the savages
no you couldn't handle this
everyone who battle me
they fallen like an avalanche

im a heavy hitter come take a sip of this potion
float like a butterfly im floatin like the ocean
battlecry is music to my ears im the composer
yall can never hurt me got you wilting like the roses

climb to the top the top of all mountains
make me the boss the boss of all bosses

climb to the top the top of all mountains
make me the boss the boss of all bosses

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Had a session last night where I tried to do nothing but block and punish with Marisa's Medium Punch target combo into Gladius, and it actually worked fairly well. Still in the Rookie ranks (three of my first ten matches disconnected so I really have no idea where I would normally be) but my main issue so far is probably just trying to press buttons too often. Also anti airs.

Also I might have a bit of grappler brain because I don't mind losing all that much as long as I get to use her Command Grab. If I land that two times in a match then I consider that a win no matter what. I'm way too impatient to really play a grappler though.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Momomo posted:

I'm way too impatient to really play a grappler though.

Consider Lily

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
This game rules and I'm having tons of fun with it. I'm forcing myself to finish World Tour and get the sick Manon costume before I go online, but extra special shoutout to the fucker Carlos Miyamoto from Final Fight 2 and his bullshit rear end sword.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Man it's always finnicky figuring out proper meaty timings.

So far for chun:

Ex LL w/ extension, Launch into 2xHS and heavy lightning legs, and sweep all leave you just plus enough that Dash 4HP is a perfect meaty

Heavy Tensho you can do dash whiff 5LP>2MP for a meaty

mSBK is super weird though because it leaves you plus enough that dash 4HP doesn't meaty (it's 1f too fast if you do it perfectly), but dash frame kill doesn't work except for lights. I've never been great at this stuff though so there's probably a better setup there. Hilariously 214HK fully meaties 4F buttons but uh.. I suspect lots of opponents will punish you for that one

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Cleretic posted:

Speaking of avatars, I'm curious, what combos have people found that feel pretty strong?

Right now I've landed on Cammy's kit and Spiral Arrow bolstered with Manon's command grab; Cammy feels weird without all of her tools, but that gives me enough to get in and land some throws. Unfortunately Manon's grabs aren't nearly as good in a mode with wildly varying and often pretty large health pools, but it still gets some business done.

cammy's been my go-to since i've also been learning her for online, and while not having hooligan combo sucks, the rest of her kit is rock solid for dealing with everything. OD spiral arrow as an opening will chunk 90% of the random groups you fight and takes care of roombas easily, cannon spike hard counters both the flying drones and any jumpers, and all her attacks come out fast enough that you can trigger pressure time pretty trivially

the only downside is that grapplers like the andore family are a huge pain in the rear end since you lack the range to deal with them, so you usually have to take them the slow and boring way and wait for them to whiff command grabs so you can punish

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

What are my scrub-tier, poo poo-for-brains Luke combos? I've tried out training mode and some of the tutorials and they get over my head pretty quickly, I'm never going to be able to execute them during a match. At the moment my idea of Street Fighter is jumping in with a heavy and trying to do crouching medium kick into fireball motion and failing half the time, or succeeding but it doesn't combo because Luke's specials seem very particular about the strength you use. Sometimes I try to edge forward and hit with normals, or do the punch dial-a-combo that Luke has, but I can't ever get it to cancel into anything so maybe I shouldn't use it?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Phenotype posted:

What are my scrub-tier, poo poo-for-brains Luke combos?
LP MP HP target combo can be ended with almost all of his special moves. For beginner training, just try to confirm that combo in live play - if they block the target combo, end with LP/MP sand blast and if they are getting hit, end it with HP knuckle or EX knuckle if you want to juggle them into another special or super. I feel like that’s a decent starting point if you are stuck and intimidated by anything involving perfect knuckle. crMP, LK, LP knuckle is a good crouching combo to start out with too.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Phenotype posted:

What are my scrub-tier, poo poo-for-brains Luke combos? I've tried out training mode and some of the tutorials and they get over my head pretty quickly, I'm never going to be able to execute them during a match. At the moment my idea of Street Fighter is jumping in with a heavy and trying to do crouching medium kick into fireball motion and failing half the time, or succeeding but it doesn't combo because Luke's specials seem very particular about the strength you use. Sometimes I try to edge forward and hit with normals, or do the punch dial-a-combo that Luke has, but I can't ever get it to cancel into anything so maybe I shouldn't use it?

If you can connect with the EX flash knuckle, that combos into all three of his supers. I truly suck at combos so on DI or whiff punishes I would just do sHP > EX Flash Knuckle > Super

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Vermain posted:

cammy's been my go-to since i've also been learning her for online, and while not having hooligan combo sucks, the rest of her kit is rock solid for dealing with everything. OD spiral arrow as an opening will chunk 90% of the random groups you fight and takes care of roombas easily, cannon spike hard counters both the flying drones and any jumpers, and all her attacks come out fast enough that you can trigger pressure time pretty trivially

the only downside is that grapplers like the andore family are a huge pain in the rear end since you lack the range to deal with them, so you usually have to take them the slow and boring way and wait for them to whiff command grabs so you can punish

This is why you equip DeeJay's fireball.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
This is such an evil genie's wish situation: You can do specials and supers under pressure now but you will lose your best pokes. Have fun.

I can't do Guile's super reliably, in fact I most likely get hit instead so I am seriously considering this. It's sad to lose his 6SK or whatever the notation is.

Just noticed I had Fighter's money and spent it on a shirt when it could have been an alt-costume for a character. Great.

Sometimes I enjoy World Tour, sometimes I think it's too silly. When you go on that bridge on the first map and everybody is doing breakdance moves and you deal with people with cardboard boxes for a hat or challenge every street vendor, mime and business woman that is passing by. The graphics look pretty dated too. It's not bad, but weird.

I think they deliberately wanted to avoid the many tiles of SF5 and went with the stylish three-choices menu, but then had to add another menu that you access by pressing start. Those menus are the worst. Currently I am trying to go back to modern controls in WT and I'm still looking for the option.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Deejay's fireball and Manon's command grab definitely were my MVP world tour moves.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Yeah as mentioned LP MP HP is a very predictable target combo but you can overdrive Flash Knuckle from it and go into Vulcan Blast or if you've got meter to burn Pale Rider. It's not especially tight timing either way and feels very reminiscent of Shoryuken - FADC - Ultra 1 that was the staple of Ryu in SF4. If you're out of meter I'm fairly certain you can catch someone on the way down with a medium Flash Knuckle or a Sand Blast to tack on a little extra damage. The 4MP combo allows you to cancel after the first or second hit into a super art but I find the timing to be really tight (or I was just tired when I tried it).

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/Khezmen/status/1666033170939097088?s=20

DI in the corner distorts time. Not enough for me to actually counter it sadly, but enough for me to regret all the life decisions that brought me to this point.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jun 6, 2023

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Cleretic posted:

I've really gotta figure out how to use Manon's weird low spin-kick for something after landing it, because out of her entire kit, that's the move that someone ALWAYS gets opened up by.

So:

On hit Manon QCB+LK is at +21 following a hard knockdown.

The big problem I've found with going for command grab after that is that timing the meaty is hard and if they back tech you're hosed and if they jump you're hosed.

My solution is Drive Rush -> HP.

As far as I can tell the fastest this starts up is 20 frames, but that can vary a little based on execution. You're almost certainly going to be active before 25 frames which is when a jab would come out.

The forward movement on the drive rush tracks a back roll. If they jump and you've timed it right you nail them on the startup of the jump and it's like they weren't blocking at all.

If they block you're at +1 so you have LP/Cr LP which are winning. (LP/LP/QCF+LK is a confirm I can do, so it can't be that bad)

If they don't block you've got the easiest hit confirm in the world to do the HP->HP target combo, leaving you at +3. And then you get all your juicy hit/command grab/normal grab pressure off that.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Have they said when to expect SF6 cabinets to start showing up in the wild? All I can find is "end of year" but idk if that's just Japan or what.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Lichtenstein posted:

Deejay's fireball and Manon's command grab definitely were my MVP world tour moves.

Yeah my Avatar has DeeJay's Air Slasher, Guile's flash kick and Zangief's SPD, the only time I lose a battle in World Tour is when I forget to heal up after taking a bit of damage for 10 fights in a row. Any one on one that's giving me trouble I basically just become a zoner with Air Slasher and Flash Kick, and if they do happen to get close I SPD them. Blanka's hop forward -> SPD is brutal.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

is every enemy in world tour just supposed to have way more health than you or am I missing something

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Medullah posted:

Yeah my Avatar has DeeJay's Air Slasher, Guile's flash kick and Zangief's SPD, the only time I lose a battle in World Tour is when I forget to heal up after taking a bit of damage for 10 fights in a row. Any one on one that's giving me trouble I basically just become a zoner with Air Slasher and Flash Kick, and if they do happen to get close I SPD them. Blanka's hop forward -> SPD is brutal.

I found that non-charge dragon punches are nicer anti-air/reversal options for WT, if only because of that one kind of air drone that keeps zipping left and right at hypersonic speed.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Zokari posted:

is every enemy in world tour just supposed to have way more health than you or am I missing something

I think I'm around half way through (doing the Nayshalla stuff) and yeah. The giant pool of health is to make sure you're able to beat the gimmick of whatever fight. Like beating Carlos is asking "hey can you wait until he makes a wiff and then punish" because otherwise he'll demolish you over and over. But once you spot the pattern, he's a chump.

I'm not sure it's the most fun design choice, but it make sense from the self-improvement / teaching thing WT is trying to do.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Lichtenstein posted:

I found that non-charge dragon punches are nicer anti-air/reversal options for WT, if only because of that one kind of air drone that keeps zipping left and right at hypersonic speed.

Yeah I have a DP equipped as well. I like Flash Kick because EX Flash Kick counts toward the "initiate a juggle combo" challenges, and you can hit multiples with it so it makes those ones easy.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfcq9yO6wlA

New Versus Vortex is SF6 related and features the dudes taking the personality Quiz to determine their mains

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

Also someone tell me what the teaching gimmick of the fridges was supposed to be. It's the one enemy type I kinda brute forced through and never really figured out.

Ditto for the server fridge that hoovers you in from across the screen.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008

Lichtenstein posted:

Also someone tell me what the teaching gimmick of the fridges was supposed to be. It's the one enemy type I kinda brute forced through and never really figured out.

Jumping projectiles, I think

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Lichtenstein posted:

the regular fridges you can deal with either OD projectiles to pierce through theirs, drive countering when their doors open, or jumping over them when they're open and attacking their backs to trigger pressure time

the server vacuum is countered by jumping up and back repeatedly until they finish or going for an aerial special if you have one

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Can anyone recommend some simple, basic punishes as Blanka? I'm not looking for anything complicated, I am somehow struggling to string together a few decent hits. Right now I'm defaulting to throw just because I know I can do it and it's okay damage.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I am at the last part of the world tour mode and man they really jacked up the dmg on these characters. I finally started labbing some characters mainly Marisa and Ryu. That's gonna be the fun part, learning bnbs, getting some combos down. World tour mode was fun but I feel like they could have added some more special bosses like Damned. Feel like you spend 90% of the story with randos while the actual cool SF characters never show up.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Zokari posted:

Yeah most will have a ton more health. I didn't realize that you could use healing items for the fights that are best of 3 so it was frustrating, but after I learned that the health pool doesn't matter much. You just want to be sure that you're leveling up your stats and gear along the way. Getting your defensive stat up is probably the most important thing to do so you're not guzzling down healing items all the time.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

tokenbrownguy posted:

I think I'm around half way through (doing the Nayshalla stuff) and yeah. The giant pool of health is to make sure you're able to beat the gimmick of whatever fight. Like beating Carlos is asking "hey can you wait until he makes a wiff and then punish" because otherwise he'll demolish you over and over. But once you spot the pattern, he's a chump.

You still probably want to have some buffs and/or be over-leveled as otherwise the fight takes forever for how little damage you do.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Zokari posted:

Not all, there is actually a menu where you can level up and increase your health. I legit played 90% of world tour without super arts or leveling up. Albeit I was trying to rush it to get to online. Also the equipments and enhancing them do help ALOT.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

How the heck do you change gear appearance (aka glamour/transmog/whatever you wanna call it) in World Tour? I remember seeing a tutorial pop up early on but now I can't find it again in the tips menu or figure out how the gently caress to do it.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

YoshiOfYellow posted:

How the heck do you change gear appearance (aka glamour/transmog/whatever you wanna call it) in World Tour? I remember seeing a tutorial pop up early on but now I can't find it again in the tips menu or figure out how the gently caress to do it.

there's a "gear appearance" button at the bottom of the gear list that'll swap to the gear appearance tab, and you can set the items you want as an appearance there

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

YoshiOfYellow posted:

The gear screen and the last option at the bottom. It toggles from equipment to use for stats and equipment to use for appearances.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Huh, that button is locked. I swear to god I saw a tutorial pop up but I don't have the option.

Am I high? When does it unlock normally?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Huh, that button is locked. I swear to god I saw a tutorial pop up but I don't have the option.

Am I high? When does it unlock normally?

You have to unlock the skill on the tree, it is the end of the second skill tree

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Oh jesus, thanks. I probably remember reading that skill block and in my sleep deprived stupor conflated it to a tutorial popup.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

YoshiOfYellow posted:

There's a skill you unlock to gain the ability, once you do at the bottom of your gear screen will be a toggle for gear appearance and equipped gear.

EF gang B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I found a “break the scooters” minigame that is good for grinding gift money, but it won’t let me turn up the difficulty from Easy. How do I make it let me turn it up?