Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Big mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Oh yeah I read about that specific incident a few days back. Of course what they're all pointedly not mentioning is that this isn't just a plain first amendment "burned a flag for demonstrative purposes" case, it's that the guy literally broke into a school and burned their pride flag. Like that's a whole bunch of crimes right there.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Counting down to two weeks after Trump seals the nomination and Trump Skunk mysteriously disappears from the comic

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

idonotlikepeas posted:

David Horsey

Tempted to nominate this one for a Kelly because it's still "well, guess AI is just going to kill everyone", but the scenario described here did happen, making this more of an "a thing happened" cartoon, and it's not a terrible one of those. There is a certain irony advertising in people working on AI technology signing a letter saying "hey, maybe somebody should stop us because we are moving SO fast and breaking SO many things and accomplishing SO MUCH".

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The trans panic poo poo was always a wedge to go after queer people as a whole again and LGBTQ+ were shouting it from the roof tops but lovely Libs were more concerned with :decorum: so you had them putting out “Maybe trans people shouldn’t be in sports to make the right happy!” pieces and when LGBTQ+ people were calling what the right has been doing, moving towards an attempted cleanse of Trans people while setting up to go after other queer people by framing them all as child groomers, pogroms was a step too far and it’s just a disagreement over politics and now here we are where Trans people have to flee states for their lives and psychos are going around attacking Pride displays
It's so surprising! I was told if we just let the right demonize and brutalize this one particular minority group unopposed, they would be satisfied! Instead they kept going with their momentum and attacked other minority groups, including ones I might be a part of? What the hell??? If only there was some kind of well understood historical precedent for this!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
First they came for the communists, and I said Haha gently caress yeah!!! Yes!!

Then they came for the trade unionists, and I said Well this loving sucks. What the gently caress.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Famously unpopular destination, New York City.

Yup. Absolutely no one wants to go there.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Where does Drinky Duck even live? Doesn't he live in a big city?

I know it's a popular talking point among conservatives that only "librul elitists" live in big cities while REAL Americans live in the Heartland or whatever, but still.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Stantis has that delay right? Which is why that cartoon is running when a ton of people are actively getting into the primary?

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

0konner posted:

Stantis has that delay right? Which is why that cartoon is running when a ton of people are actively getting into the primary?
I was wondering something similar before and was told yes.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

A group of lions is called a pride see, and lions have mouths, and mouth sounds a bit like month, and lions eat things so in this cartoon, the gop, famously represented by an elephant, is instead a lion eating lgbt people

God what a tortured joke. At least it has the advantage of nobody else coming up with it on account of it being absurd

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pride Mouth eat the kids.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Vladimir Putin facing a counteroffensive – As Russia’s war in Ukraine has grown into an existential conflict for the Kremlin over the past 15 months, its search for internal enemies has intensified"

Telegraph:

Rishi Sunak latest news: UK to house 1,000 more asylum seekers on two new barges

Matt:

"Holly Willoughby’s statement is one of the most ludicrous ever made"

Times:

Evening Standard:

Prince Harry accuses newspapers of having ‘blood on their hands’ as he starts phone hacking evidence; Augmented reality headset Vision Pro is ‘most advanced device ever’ – Apple

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

Duplicitous by Cai Meng

Le Monde

by Chappatte from Switzerland
Life appears on land ~390 million years ago
Beginning of the end

Sénégal : La condamnation de Sonko met le feu aux poudres/Senegal: Sonko's judgement lights the gunpowder by Yas from France

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

PowerBeard posted:

Have you seen the rest of this thread, the bar is pretty low.

You make a good point but even by the standards of political cartoonists her work is pretty dire.

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
She's communicating ideas in a visual medium :shrug:

It's a very simple style but at least it isn't painful to look at and it's not communicating hate.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Treasurer Jim Chalmers, Reserve Bank of Australia governor Philip Lowe. Official interest rates rise above 4 per cent as RBA hikes again (ABC). Lowe may "not be around to find out" because his term is up in September.

Katauskas:

Golding:

Lethbridge:

Spooner:

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Sorry my daily post is late, but the Creators website has been making GBS threads the bed all day.

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Chip Bok

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Tom Stiglich

NotPerfect
Sep 29, 2021

Skios posted:

Sorry my daily post is late, but the Creators website has been making GBS threads the bed all day.

Tom Stiglich

Remember when Tweety gets eaten by Sylvester.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Kellies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

ahahahaha

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Skios posted:

Michael Ramirez

is a single Republican presidential candidate even pro-vax at this point

I was trying to think of the most obscure one (Tim Scott?) and nope
https://www.scott.senate.gov/media-center/in-the-news/scott-we-wont-stand-for-biden-administrations-vaccine-mandate

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

VitalSigns posted:

is a single Republican presidential candidate even pro-vax at this point

funnily enough, trump lol. in the "it was my vaccine and it was the best" school of pro-vax at least.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Adenoid Dan posted:

It's a very simple style but at least it isn't painful to look at

I disagree with this.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

fool of sound posted:

funnily enough, trump lol. in the "it was my vaccine and it was the best" school of pro-vax at least.

oh god right I forgot lmao, the only one Ramirez hates too

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

fool of sound posted:

And even then after getting booed at a few rallies (Fuckin lol) he started downplaying it

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Trump also promoted conspiracy theories about every vaccine except the one he personally invented after everyone told him it couldn't be done

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/449525268529815552

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Skios posted:

Chip Bok

So what you're saying is, you don't deny it.

Kellies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Stahler

"Yes. Any other questions?"

Matt Davies

Pedro X. Molina

Ann Telnaes

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Mike Peters

Randall Enos - The CNN Worm Turns

Dave Whamond

Adam Zyglis

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

It took me a second for me to figure out why he included Oreo Thins in that list, and then I realized that he thinks that Oreo Thins are supposed to be diet cookies

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

idonotlikepeas posted:

Randall Enos - The CNN Worm Turns

"Even a worm will turn" means CNN would do the opposite of what they're doing

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

As the thread's resident Sports Explainer I'd like to point out that the St. Louis Browns did exist (they're now the Baltimore Orioles), although why Hitch would use them as an example is confusing. Does he mean the perennially terrible Cleveland Browns? How the hell do you write St. Louis instead of Cleveland?

And no matter what team he means, it's not clear why their playoff tickets would be worthless. No playoff tickets are actually worthless because they let you attend a game even if your team doesn't win.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Hitch's cartoons are a loving stroke diagnosis chart.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

idonotlikepeas posted:

Jeff Stahler

"Yes. Any other questions?"

So their destination is Montana but they're worried about passing through red states to get to... one of the reddest states in the country?

L. Ron DeSantis fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jun 7, 2023

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

The Haitian posted:

So their destination is Montana but they're worried about passing through red states to get to... one of the reddest states in the country?
If you go into a travel agency and they have a poster of Montana on the wall you can still pick other places to go. It's not a menu.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

This motherfucker never watched Looney Toons lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Vib Rib posted:

If you go into a travel agency and they have a poster of Montana on the wall you can still pick other places to go. It's not a menu.

To be fair, if you go into a travel agency and they have a poster of Montana on the wall, you should probably pick a different travel agency.