Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
the pm2.5 counters on my air purifiers have been running high for a few days and i keep smelling fireworks but i think it must be canada smoke?? in north carolina???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

yes

https://fire.airnow.gov/

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
i had the windows open to get fresh air lol

coke
Jul 12, 2009

weather is mild as long as you ignore all the pm2.5 in the air!

coke
Jul 12, 2009
on sept 9th of 2020 when the sky turned blood orange in sf bay area the temp was a mild 60-70f too compare to the near 100f high of few days before and weeks after, all is well!

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
love 2 go outside and touch grass under a smoke covered blood red sun

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
hawaiians one week before the food runs out / hawaiians one week after the food runs out

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

lol at cracking open windows for fresh air and reduced CO2 only to get rear end blasted by pm2.5

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.
bookmark https://fire.airnow.gov/

give it keyword "smokemap"

you'll be using it a lot

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
i get my smoke from windy.com bc its prettier

coke
Jul 12, 2009

biceps crimes posted:

lol at cracking open windows for fresh air and reduced CO2 only to get rear end blasted by pm2.5

cracking: window to reduce co2
pinging: your lung with pm2.5

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

yeah i had to use the (natural gas) stove earlier. i'm pretty religious about opening windows and getting a cross breeze when i do. i just cracked the window and turned the good old levoit glacier air to 'turbo' and dealt with it

what's a little NO2 between friends

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

been thinkin bout burnt canadians recently

https://www.technologyreview.com/2019/04/24/135741/a-full-life/ posted:

Most days, they’d perch atop the new Charles River levees and skip rocks across warm algae-choked waters, occasionally trading hits on Josh’s asthma inhaler. Up in Canada, whole beetle-killed forests were burning, and the smoke kept blowing south. Burnt Canadians, they called it. They rated the Boston weather by how thick the Canadians were, and how many asthma hits they needed.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Impressive to watch orcas develop direct action

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
Man, I read this morning that the AQI was like, 150 here in northern Ohio. Having no idea at all what that meant I went for a run. I have since learned and am… concerned about the huge gasping lungfuls of aerosolized Canada I was taking in. I spent like a solid hour afterword hacking my lungs out and had a frog in my throat all day. Hope that gets better!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
yeah holy poo poo good luck goonds it's getting extremely bad where i am and i have to retreat to my containment dome

i thought my neighbors were doing continual burns like a pack of assholes and became suspicious it something else when it just kept happening

bigger burns than at first anticipated i guess

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

coke posted:

on sept 9th of 2020 when the sky turned blood orange in sf bay area the temp was a mild 60-70f too compare to the near 100f high of few days before and weeks after, all is well!
We were hitting 110s in the valley, then the sky was blotted out and we went down to the 80s. Was very nice.

Maybe we could do that on a global scale to stay cool!

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Hubbert posted:

I miss the concern trolls who reprimanded us for not doing more to "save" the biosphere. Where did they go? Has poster biodiversity fallen so far?

:smith:
look if the posters in this thread can’t smash capitalism then we aren’t even really trying

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Soggy Muffin posted:

I became aware of how bad we are loving ip the environment when I was 13 and went to Maui and all the sea turtles had tumors from pollution. Massive tumors and the dumb tourists kept petting them as they snorkeled

also all the coral is dead

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
:backtowork:

Lordshmee posted:

had a frog in my throat all day.

We call them French-Canadians

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

I'll be damned before I let any part of Canada enter my body, aerosolized or not

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Just a Moron posted:

I'll be damned before I let any part of Canada enter my body, aerosolized or not

What if it was millions of acres of weed smoke?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Stereotype posted:

sure but the sand bar+mai tais still exists, so all is well

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

FlapYoJacks posted:

What if it was millions of acres of weed smoke?

I may be willing to consider an exception

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Soggy Muffin posted:

I became aware of how bad we are loving ip the environment when I was 13 and went to Maui and all the sea turtles had tumors from pollution. Massive tumors and the dumb tourists kept petting them as they snorkeled

but have you considered that making physical contact with them carries a $1,000 fine? we're doing everything we can to protect wildlife

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
everyone stop thinking about the climate so much and go outside

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Today was actually really nice outside :unsmith:

OIL PANIC
Dec 22, 2022

CAUTIONS
4. ... (If the battery is exhausted, the display of the liquid crystal will become vague and difficult to look at.)
7. Do not use volatile oils such as thinner or benzine and alcohol for wiping.
Can you really say that economic activity occurs outside if the actual exchange of funds occurs in banks' climate-controlled server rooms?

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
It's only June, the fires are going to get so much worse. Lol

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

sleep with the vicious posted:

It's only June, the fires are going to get so much worse. Lol

fire can’t happen if everything has already burned.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
congratulations to canada for simultaneously being the fastest up-and-coming fascist western nation while also being the most anti-facist nation by poisoning and cancering as many canadians and americans in modern history

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

It gets too hot, trees burst into flame, then smoke blocks out the sun's rays so it cools down again. It's a self-regulating system :smug:

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Oglethorpe posted:

congratulations to canada for simultaneously being the fastest up-and-coming fascist western nation while also being the most anti-facist nation by poisoning and cancering as many canadians and americans in modern history

Woah woah woah woah, when did Canada overtake the U.S. in terms of up and coming fascism?

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

It gets too hot, trees burst into flame, then smoke blocks out the sun's rays so it cools down again. It's a self-regulating system :smug:

smoke comes in, smoke comes out

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

RadiRoot posted:

can’t explain that!!!

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

I don't take much if any pride in being an American, but I will not stand for some other country on my continent being "more fascist"

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

RadiRoot posted:

Cringe comes in, Cringes comes out

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Just a Moron posted:

I don't take much if any pride in being an American, but I will not stand for some other country on my continent being "more fascist"

i didn't say more fascist, just fastest (relatively)

america has always been most fascist of the two

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Stereotype posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
lol oh jesus christ