Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

If I was a betting man (I'm not), she's either gone to Skovos to grab something important from the Amazons (because we need those transmog microtransactions for a big titty/thigh class), or she's gone to the Dreadlands / Arreat Crater to find the essence of Baal and some new soulstones, and unlock some Demon Hunters (because we need those transmog microtransactions for a dominatrix/foot fetish class).

comedy option: back to heaven to really piss off Imperius

I'm not getting my Witch Doctor because act 5 ate it's thematic lunch and Druid and Necromancer basically have all it's niches covered but dammit I want my Monk. Set course for Ivorgrod, ye doomed child

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
The pvp is godlike

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Got WT4 tonight as well. Let’s loving GO!!!

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020

KajiTheMelonMan posted:

Definitely Ice Shards, but only when you're comfortable with gear (i.e. you can manage your mana and not find yourself empty and surrounded)

Does ice shards freeze a bunch? I got the unique pants tonight that have a chance to frost Nova when you kill a frozen monster. Tried it out on my arc lash sorc and it was okay but just didn't proc enough because I only use frost Nova, ended up switching it back out but figured it would be sick for a frozen build

For NM dungeons, is there an optimum level for those vs your level? I'm 60 and comfortably doing around 12-14 (monsters 65 or so) but I don't know if there is some kind of XP bonus or cut for going higher level. The XP right now feels pretty good at this point just don't know if there's an optimal formula or anything.

molestrios fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jun 7, 2023

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

The trick is you also use the bracer? aspect that makes crowd control proc on nearby mobs.

I accidentally burned mine to salvage but even with just the unique pants and a large mass of mobs you can sometimes just keep shearing through frozen monsters for way longer than unstable currents would normally support.

I was already using frost nova in an otherwise entirely shock build but those pants were my first unique drop and I did the Christoph Waltz joy wiggle

stringless fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jun 7, 2023

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Caidin posted:

I'm not getting my Witch Doctor because act 5 ate it's thematic lunch and Druid and Necromancer basically have all it's niches covered but dammit I want my Monk. Set course for Ivorgrod, ye doomed child

You will get a paladin and you will like it.

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020

FFT posted:

The trick is you also use the bracer? aspect that makes crowd control proc on nearby mobs.

I accidentally burned mine to salvage but even with just the unique pants and a large mass of mobs you can sometimes just keep shearing through frozen monsters for way longer than unstable currents would normally support.

I think I know what that aspect you're talking about, thanks I'll give it a shot

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Saw my first unique drop and got excited because I want the rogue gloves but WTF is this lol

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Dumb question: What are these aspect rewards I see next to dungeons? Because I am seeing them in my map now that I am in Kyovashad and I never activated the waypoint back at that first town near them but I am curious.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jun 7, 2023

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

goferchan posted:

Saw my first unique drop and got excited because I want the rogue gloves but WTF is this lol

This would actually own paired with windforce on a barrage bow rogue build

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
On a main plot note, Rathma, the OG necromancer and first(?) man, Nephalem and demigod was some goth nerd who spent his entire life in a cave waiting for his dad to kill him.

This a deep disappointment to 11 year old me, setting on the floor and inhaling every bit of the Diablo 2 manual and it's write up for each class and their moves.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Hit 50.

Still in Act II

I did get two horse skins during my play time.

Not sure how I did that.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Astryl posted:

You will get a paladin and you will like it.

The only place for paladins is a check off on my hit list for Boss Tree.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Astryl posted:

This would actually own paired with windforce on a barrage bow rogue build

The Lucky Hit effects are fun but the damage one is kind of ridiculous and I rolled poorly on it. Will absolutely stash that one away but come on lol, can't believe I used my luck up on that

Berbil Snatch
Nov 14, 2006

Unlucky7 posted:

Dumb question: What are these aspect rewards I see next to dungeons? Because I am seeing them in my map now that I am in Kyovashad and I never activated the waypoint back at that first town near them but I am curious.

Aspects are legendary item affixes that you can collect. When you're high enough level you can swap the legendary affix on an item at the Occultist in town. You can also add a legendary affix to a non-legendary item. Collect as many affixes as you can by completing the dungeons that award them. Some are class specific. Some aren't. Is that what you're talking about?

affix = the legendary stat on an item

Numberwang!!!
Jul 24, 2019

I've tried every class and my highest level is 40. I usually love messing around with builds but this feels way too restrictive. Also this is prob the only ARPG where my clear speed gets worse and worse with each level. Honestly I'm just not having fun.

Does the game feel better once you start getting Unique drops or unlock Renown? Or is it just more of the same?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Berbil Snatch posted:

Aspects are legendary item affixes that you can collect. When you're high enough level you can swap the legendary affix on an item at the Occultist in town. You can also add a legendary affix to a non-legendary item. Collect as many affixes as you can by completing the dungeons that award them. Some are class specific. Some aren't. Is that what you're talking about?

affix = the legendary stat on an item

Yes, thank you.

Guess I am going to be one of those idiots that get to 50 by the halfway point then :v:

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Numberwang!!! posted:

I've tried every class and my highest level is 40. I usually love messing around with builds but this feels way too restrictive. Also this is prob the only ARPG where my clear speed gets worse and worse with each level. Honestly I'm just not having fun.

Does the game feel better once you start getting Unique drops or unlock Renown? Or is it just more of the same?

Level scaling: the game.

It opens up once you get into t3 and start getting sacred weapons with higher affix rolls and you match your build with 3-5 legendary aspects that augment it further.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Astryl posted:

Level scaling: the game.

It opens up once you get into t3 and start getting sacred weapons with higher affix rolls and you match your build with 3-5 legendary aspects that augment it further.

You kind of break free from the level scaling when your build really gets off he ground; it was somewhere around 40 that I got the right aspects and everything clicked and I could just mow through the campaign. But yeah you're not gonna out-stat stuff for long, you have to get the edge with good affixes.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Numberwang!!! posted:

The rare anti-combination of username and post

Also it's way better to focus on one character to finish the campaign so it can be skipped on other characters later.

The game absolutely does get better as you start getting lego drops that synergize with your build.

stringless fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jun 7, 2023

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
hey game can you stop disconnecting me and kicking me out right at the final boss so I can beat the loving campaign? thanks

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

necro is so loving fun, i'm blowing up corpses and fighting everything with like a dozen skelly bros and a giant fat flesh man who moans a lot

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

How does party sync work when there's a difference in unlocked world tiers? If the host has T3 unlocked and I don't how is that gonna affect things? Will things just be T3 hard\reward regardless?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Where my hardcore players at? Level 49 over here, about to finish the campaign :dance:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

BrianBoitano posted:

Where my hardcore players at? Level 49 over here, about to finish the campaign :dance:

I died by eating a boss explosion during a stronghold. Around 45ish. Whoops! RIP baba. Now I’m a skelly bro and digging it.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

CLAM DOWN posted:

necro is so loving fun, i'm blowing up corpses and fighting everything with like a dozen skelly bros and a giant fat flesh man who moans a lot

Something about monitors, and them being off.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

George H.W. oval office posted:

How does party sync work when there's a difference in unlocked world tiers? If the host has T3 unlocked and I don't how is that gonna affect things? Will things just be T3 hard\reward regardless?
You can't join a party on a tier you haven't unlocked.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Question about bleed damage: Does it stack? And does it stacking affect the rate the bleed occurs?

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
*I* must be playing the game wrong because I beat the campaign at 46 and now it feels like a slog trying to hit 50 (I know I can do the capstone dungeon now but I'd rather be the recommended level). I'm going back at trying to fill out the renown rewards for those extra kill points at renown level 3.

Still running an Ice Shards sorc but I'm not at the point yet where I can take off my basic attack quite yet and I find myself dry on mana a lot still. My clear speed feels worse than when I was running Chain Lightning but at least a good trade off I got was I'm very hard to kill with ice armor and the other barrier giving skills up all the time.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Unlucky7 posted:

Question about bleed damage: Does it stack? And does it stacking affect the rate the bleed occurs?
I think the answers to your questions are "yes" and "no", respectively.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
just did a lvl 71 nightmare dungeon as level 59, feels good mang

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I got my first unique item. Gloves that make the corpses run towards enemies before exploding and do additional corpse explosion damage.

They are pretty fun but don't change a ton in my build. I still don't really think corpse explosion is viable as a primary damage dealer.

I do have a build guide question for you all. Virtually none of the maxroll build guides put any extra points into the basic skills and keep them at 1/5 with 1 or 2 enhancements. In my experience every class ends up having to cast the basics quite a bit (except maybe Necro relying on corpse explosions but bosses still end up needing some basic spam so far in t3). Is the damage per extra point just mathematically awful on them?

It's kind of odd to me that the min max way to play is to put 1 point into each skill except for your one big DPS skill and then take virtually every passive.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Enos Shenk posted:

Also utterly shocked at maybe the smoothest modern Blizzard launch ever. I've had a couple games where things lagged out and wouldn't let me change zones, but 90% of the time it works perfectly fine. Did they put all of their competent people on this or what?

Recent Blizzard launches have been good, granted I don’t think WoW Classic, Dragonflight, or even OW2 pulled D4 launch numbers.

This also might be the smoothest launch of a live service game in recent history. Aside from a few server crashes it’s been pretty good. Can’t remember the last game launch that didn’t end in severe downtime and an apology jpg on twitter.

Also after seeing this I have a strong desire to make a Barb

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lakbay posted:

*I* must be playing the game wrong because I beat the campaign at 46 and now it feels like a slog trying to hit 50 (I know I can do the capstone dungeon now but I'd rather be the recommended level).

Don't wait until the recommended level. You can pretty easily beat Nightmare Dungeons that are like 10 levels above you, I don't think the game has cheaty "level difference scaling" going on

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Backing off on my CPU and GPU undervolt, as well as lowering settings until I was always staying under 10gb vram usage (texture, shadow, for a 3080) has pretty much eliminated the ctds I was getting. So if anyone else is getting them, it could be one or multiple of these things, I don't know, I'm not arsed to test individually.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Just witnessed some WW barb builds that do like 200k crits and take down the WT4 Ashava world boss in under 1 min, it was awe inspiring and kinda terrifying.

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

The brown sea is dark and full of terrors, but the paywall burns them all away.
Requested in for CoG! Necro leveling is so drat chill, why don't I play pet classes more often?

e- Ope too many requests

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

Something about monitors, and them being off.

lol

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

So the XP rate in fields of hatred is nutty?
Like, faster than dungeon grinding if you just sprint around and explode elites.
Bonus points for doing it in a team - or bloodmarking yourself and just clicking everything.
Doesn't matter if you die, you're back in 30 seconds tops.

If you want to get 'serious' about pvp, the 'make a magic bubble when injured' legendary is absolutely god tier, as it negates most classes big burst.
Taking on people 5+ levels above you is difficult but doable (though I imagine very class dependent). I've managed to kill a 67 at 60 because I caught them with my big cooldown and a perfect series of stuns (and they weren't using the bubble).
Expect a ton of druids and whirlwind barbs clowning on you, though.

I really cannot recommend the static-bolt 'chance to home in and last 300% longer' ability enough. Yes you need the unique staff to really make it take off, but it's not mandatory - and you still get the joy of your bolts meandering offscreen and killing people there.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jun 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

zoux posted:

the maxroll barb guides recommend levelling with lunging strike because of the movement but lunging strike loving sucks so I use frenzy. Builds really aren’t that complicated, so most guides are gonna tell you the same thing, a thing people are gonna figure out themselves when they get how the game wants you to build characters. All that to say, it’s fine to use guides but don’t follw them slavishly if theres one mechanic or skill you don’t like or another you’d rather use.

I did the same thing. Why do people seem to think lunging strike is so good