Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Pirate Radar posted:

Fire temple second phase I’m slightly too dumb for, I had trouble aiming Yunobo up the correct part of the wall so he’d hit the legs while they were on the ceiling

The easy solution to this is to stand in the center of the arena, or at least aim Yunobo to pass through the center. That way no matter where you aim yunobo he'll hit the wall straight on and follow a predictable path straight upwards.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jun 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

I do not understand people who think the spirit temple was too short. You do the whole thunderhead island, then transport the mask, then do each robot limb puzzle, then do the robot walk, and if there had been another entire temple after that everyone online would absolutely be complaining that it was way too long a sequence.

on an unrelated note, complaining about Zelda obviously not being Zelda if you did the dragon tears and that making the game silly doesn't make a ton of sense to me. It's obvious from minute one that that's not Zelda, it's literally the most obvious thing possible when every character is like, "whoa, I saw the princess, but she wasn't being nice, and didn't seem like herself...". The fire temple is an especially funny one to raise that complaint for because it's extremely obvious it's not Zelda from the mind control mask and the drug-analogue rocks. you don't need the dragon tears to make that twist seem silly or meaningless, that's just Saturday morning cartoon writing vibing along.

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

MiracleFlare posted:

On the topic of repetitive cutscenes at the end of the dungeon, didn't Majora's Mask do the giants' dialogue based on how many you'd completed? As in, if you completed Woodfall up to the bow but then left and did Snowhead the Snowhead giant would give you Oath to Order, and if you kept putting off Woodfall until the end then that giant would be the one to ask you to forgive their friend? I may be incorrect because I'm only going off hazy memories from years ago.

The point is, I kind of wonder if something like that could have worked for the end-of-dungeon cutscenes too where you find out all the details piece by piece, like maybe on your second visit you find out Rauru died to seal Ganon, on the third it's mentioned there were six Sages total and you get a glimpse of Mineru, on the fourth you learn Zelda is the Sage of Time and she was the one who gave the four unnamed Sages their orders (all at once so that you can use the same visuals for everyone instead of having to design one-on-one scenes). And then to catch the characters up on all the info you could have a throwaway line after the big Phantom Ganon fight where they mention sending each other letters and such off-screen.

Of course MM could get away with it because all they had to change was some textboxes, in TotK you'd have to have a whole bunch of cutscene animations and voice-acted narration for different permutations. I understand why they ended up doing scenes with little variation between them and no assumption of where in the story the player is.

My solution would be to make a mystery storyline out of it, where you can solve the mystery if youve seen all of them. Maybe one of the sages betrayed the team, and you can figure out who when you have complete information, something like that. It works for the glyphs, where you can solve the mystery of where Zelda is by piecing the scenes together.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

I stg I have every Lightroot done but I haven't gotten the notification. It's driving me nuts.

Does your screen when loading new areas say you have 120 lightroots? There are a couple that are really dumb because they only fill up a tiny spot of the map, and if you're zoomed out when looking at it it's very easy to mistake them as part of the topography. I saw two of them while filling my map out, I forgot where one was located (I wanna say Lanayru or Necluda region? I could easily be wrong) but the other was immediately north of the Construct Factory

edit:

Valentin posted:

on an unrelated note, complaining about Zelda obviously not being Zelda if you did the dragon tears and that making the game silly doesn't make a ton of sense to me. It's obvious from minute one that that's not Zelda, it's literally the most obvious thing possible when every character is like, "whoa, I saw the princess, but she wasn't being nice, and didn't seem like herself...". The fire temple is an especially funny one to raise that complaint for because it's extremely obvious it's not Zelda from the mind control mask and the drug-analogue rocks. you don't need the dragon tears to make that twist seem silly or meaningless, that's just Saturday morning cartoon writing vibing along.

Hey in my defense my two theories at that point were it's Zelda's body but Ganondorf is piloting it, or that "losing one's self" meant becoming an emotionless rear end in a top hat, I didn't even know there was even a Light Dragon because I didn't pay close enough attention to the beginning :v:

MiracleFlare fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jun 7, 2023

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Epic High Five posted:

Get a picture of a bubbulfrog so you can set your sensor to find them is my top tip.

This is also good advice even if you're cave hunting and don't want to use Satori.

Still took me forever to find the whole climbing set.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Is there a way to know which yiga camps you’ve already hit?

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

like, let's assume the game is operating seriously on its own terms and that nintendo didn't merely make all these redundant or obvious cutscenes for laffs or because they're lazy. regarding the twist in question:

- the player should be pretty much aware your princess is in another hyrule from like, the moment that link places the master sword into a mysterious portal, it gets zapped with the time magic visual effect AND A TICKING CLOCK SOUND, and zelda takes it out and despite appearing to stand at the exact same altar they can neither see nor hear each other and are visibly in entirely different places (she's on the ground! he's in the sky!). "zelda is extremely obviously teleported to the past" is pretty catchable for an attentive viewer before you even leap off the sky islands!

- the player will definitely have some mounting suspicions by the time they're in the rito lands, and then she's literally in the "sage talks about imprisoning war" cutscene, she's just standing right there in the fight and then shows up to say HEY IN THE FUTURE, WHEN LINK EXISTS, PLEASE HELP HIM. I CANNOT HELP HIM DIRECTLY BECAUSE I AM TRAPPED IN THE PAST.

- the goron plotline makes it absolutely crystal clear that it isn't zelda and it's probably something evil if not specifically ganon. that's temple 2/5 on the game's intended route! that's very early!

it's supposed to be clear very, VERY early on that zelda's not zelda, imo. the fact that every ground level quest revolves around "hey is that zelda? link, i think i saw zelda, and she was doing some weird poo poo" isn't just because "well the plot can happen in any order," it's because (dragon tears spoiler) the fact that zelda is gone, like gone forever because she turned herself into a cool sky dragon, and only link knows that because only he can access the sad memories she left behind specifically to tell him that, and everyone else keeps being like "we'll find her buddy, it'll be okay!" despite the fact that link knows she's absolutely fully gone is the game's core sadness engine. like ocarina of time is sad because the passage of time mars all your childhood memories and all your friends leave you behind, and breath of the wild is sad because of the contrast between your memories of a lively, vibrant hyrule and the ruined present day, and totk is sad because link is increasingly and unalterably aware that zelda is fully truly gone and cannot come back, but no one around him knows that yet, and it's all any of them will talk with him about because he's "zelda's chosen protector".

tl;dr: "zelda is in the past" isn't a twist or reveal, it's obvious from the opening minutes of the game on purpose because it makes everything link is doing sadder and gives your quest an immediate air of futility, and the fact link can't/doesn't tell anyone is very much a purposeful move that serves that whole angle.

i have plenty of quibbles with the execution but like, they are definitely doing a thing on purpose.

Valentin fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jun 7, 2023

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Satori I found extremely helpful, even if you've already hit a lot of the caves. The columns of light last a long time and give you ample time to get set up. I've been going to the tree, making the offering, seeing the caves light up, using the nearest tower to launch into the air, using the Scope to put a pin on a cave (or as close to it as possible) and then checking my map to see if I have anything there/in that direction. Whatever a pin hits that obviously doesn't have any cave nearby, drop a stamp down to replace the pin so you can tell where all the caves are. Satori's able to mark all the caves pretty well, hell, the first time I discovered the whole concept of this was when I had just finished Eventide Island, so I kept warping back to the shrine there to figure out what the hell the giant glowing blue column could mean. If that cave can get lit up, I can't imagine missing any other caves.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7236023841191955754

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

bawk posted:

Satori I found extremely helpful, even if you've already hit a lot of the caves. The columns of light last a long time and give you ample time to get set up. I've been going to the tree, making the offering, seeing the caves light up, using the nearest tower to launch into the air, using the Scope to put a pin on a cave (or as close to it as possible) and then checking my map to see if I have anything there/in that direction. Whatever a pin hits that obviously doesn't have any cave nearby, drop a stamp down to replace the pin so you can tell where all the caves are. Satori's able to mark all the caves pretty well, hell, the first time I discovered the whole concept of this was when I had just finished Eventide Island, so I kept warping back to the shrine there to figure out what the hell the giant glowing blue column could mean. If that cave can get lit up, I can't imagine missing any other caves.

There’s at least one other glowing horse on the map that does this, near Dragon Bone Mire in Hebra

Been wandering around the map looking for trees with pink leaves

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Steve Yun posted:

There’s at least one other glowing horse on the map that does this, near Dragon Bone Mire in Hebra

Been wandering around the map looking for trees with pink leaves

There's a map that will show all the tree locations someplace, I took a very close-up shot and it looks like it's from a town or a stable, but I'm not sure where from. There are eight in total.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Valentin posted:

like, let's assume the game is operating seriously on its own terms and that nintendo didn't merely make all these redundant or obvious cutscenes for laffs or because they're lazy. regarding the twist in question:

- the player should be pretty much aware your princess is in another hyrule from like, the moment that link places the master sword into a mysterious portal, it gets zapped with the time magic visual effect AND A TICKING CLOCK SOUND, and zelda takes it out and despite appearing to stand at the exact same altar they can neither see nor hear each other and are visibly in entirely different places (she's on the ground! he's in the sky!). "zelda is extremely obviously teleported to the past" is pretty catchable for an attentive viewer before you even leap off the sky islands!

- the player will definitely have some mounting suspicions by the time they're in the rito lands.

- the goron plotline makes it absolutely crystal clear that it isn't zelda and it's probably something evil if not specifically ganon. that's temple 2/5 on the game's intended route! that's very early!

it's supposed to be clear very, VERY early on that zelda's not zelda, imo. the fact that every ground level quest revolves around "hey is that zelda? link, i think i saw zelda, and she was doing some weird poo poo" isn't just because "well the plot can happen in any order," it's because (dragon tears spoiler) the fact that zelda is gone, like gone forever because she turned herself into a cool sky dragon, and only link knows that because only he can access the sad memories she left behind specifically to tell him that, and everyone else keeps being like "we'll find her buddy, it'll be okay!" despite the fact that link knows she's absolutely fully gone is the game's core sadness engine. like ocarina of time is sad because the passage of time mars all your childhood memories and all your friends leave you behind, and breath of the wild is sad because of the contrast between your memories of a lively, vibrant hyrule and the ruined present day, and totk is sad because link is increasingly and unalterably aware that the one person he really cares about is fully truly gone and cannot come back, but no one around him knows that yet, and it's all any of them will talk with him about.

tl;dr: "zelda is in the past" isn't a twist or reveal, it's obvious from the opening minutes of the game on purpose because it makes everything link is doing sadder and gives your quest an immediate air of futility, and the fact link can't/doesn't tell anyone is very much a purposeful move that serves that whole angle.

i have plenty of quibbles with the execution but like, they are definitely doing a thing on purpose.

Naw, this isn't some pathos program, Link isn't supposed to be all tortured by the burden of this knowledge. It's a compromise they took for the openish gameplay and time doesn't pass in real time in these, if they did even a super long playthrough is like a week.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Valentin posted:

Doesn't work for me, because there's just so many times when people are confused by what's going on with Zelda, and any normal person who knows what's actually going on would clue them in at least a bit, even if it's sad. Even just letting them know there's a fake Zelda running around, for crying out loud. I can't see it as anything but poor implementation of open-world storytelling, even though I like the general story itself.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

Khanstant posted:

Naw, this isn't some pathos program, Link isn't supposed to be all tortured by the burden of this knowledge. It's a compromise they took for the openish gameplay and time doesn't pass in real time in these, if they did even a super long playthrough is like a week.

it's called "tears of the kingdom" because you get all the story from literal tears zelda cried, and then you can go visit her, but she's completely uninteractable, doesn't recognize you, and has no sense of self. again you can absolutely quibble with how they handled it and i think they could've gone a lot lighter on it w/r/t the number of quests that lean on it, but it's definitely supposed to be the thing that suffuses the game with melancholy the same way literally every other major zelda since like OOT has been built to create a vibe of "heroic fantasy, but shot through with sadness and a sense of loss"

Valentin fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jun 7, 2023

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Just pretend Link's telling people everything and he just comes off as a conspiracy theorist.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the coolest part of like the fire dungeon was being able to sequence break wtf

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I admit part of the reason I think the way they did it is bad is because I’d been looking forward to finally getting let into the floating sky ruins at Kakariko, and when everybody else figures out what you’ve known for ages and says “oh, it was a fake Zelda” and lets you into the ruins, it turns out the inscription just points you at Mineru, who I had already gotten, and I really liked the process of getting her without dispelling the thunderclouds, so I had this feeling like—you kept me from telling people what was going on just so you could hold back on trying to give me a worse version of a quest I already did?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/zelda_kouryaku/status/1666284595279429634?s=46&t=Kzmv5HsyFqNWsBcA-dIRLA

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

i fully get finding it bad or rolling your eyes at it because i did it plenty, but i don't really get the "well you could shortcut these problems by just telling people and it's silly they don't let you" line of thinking because even if they gave link dialogue options to tell everyone about it there's no real reason it would have changed anything. even if you know there's no way that's zelda, there's still no leads on wtf to do about the upheaval or how to beat ganondorf except for the regional phenomena and the many random zelda sightings. if you could tell e.g. yunobo that it's not zelda, both his actions and link's would be pretty much the same because nothing about knowing that makes the immediate problems (marbled rock, sudden volcano monster) they need to resolve less pressing or the zelda sighting less compelling to investigate. it would have been neat if they made cutscenes for revealing that it isn't zelda and finding mineru early, but...mineru would just tell you great work champ, now go get the rest of the sage stones, and then you'd still do all the same stuff in the same general plot order. i agree it's lame they didn't and it could've really elevated the game for the players who found it in that order if they had.

Valentin fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jun 7, 2023

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Pirate Radar posted:

Fire temple second phase I’m slightly too dumb for, I had trouble aiming Yunobo up the correct part of the wall so he’d hit the legs while they were on the ceiling

Wait, you could do that?

I recalled the rock attacks to stun it, it never occurred to me to hit the legs with Yunobo.

My water boss experience was just fine, mostly because I used opal rods in the first fight, and a spinning hydrant roomba on refights. Sidon's projectile is a trap: his real power is getting you wet for heat/fire resist and Water Warrior buffs.

Megera
Sep 9, 2008
after many vehicle experiments and zonaite expenses, I managed to get to the flower island directly above lookout landing.

there was nothing there

GOTY

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
My method for the water temple fight was to just use the gravity alterations to shoot the squid. You can stop time in the air. All of the bosses in the game are really easy.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

This is fine, imo. You do the sky stuff to get shrines, and all of BotW was about getting shrines, I think peoples curiosity will lead them up there.

I think I've gotten pretty much all of the puzzle shrines, which is sad. I've gotten too many Rauru's blessings lately. It's fine if there's a crystal that you have to figure out, but a bunch of these are just...the shrine is in a cave and is therefore worthy of a Rauru's Blessing. Nah, I want my reward for finding the shrine to be a cool puzzle.

or if finding the shrine itself was a cool puzzle. there were a decent number of those in botw, most notably the one where you roll snowballs down a hill and they turn into giant snowboulders and knock down a stone door. that's a puzzle you can't really fit into the environment of a shrine, and it works perfectly.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Otutsum Shrine was especially egregious. It's not even hidden. It's out in the open, in clear sight of a skyview tower. There's no enemies around it, nothing to do. I thought I did something wrong when I got in there lol.

There's even a cool Rauru's blessing 'trap' in one of the shrines that takes that convention and fucks with the player that they could've done with more of these.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Finally rolled credits. Might be my favourite endgame sequence/final boss of the whole series, such an excellent series of events. I absolutely loved how much the fight played with meta expectations, such as the expanding lifebar, the flurry rush jump scare, and the whittling of your max health. Each one was such a delightful surprise.

The final final sequence also rules, even if it was much more of a set piece. Tagteaming dragon Ganon with your dragon girlfriend, diving through a 3D bullet hell sequence, was just super exciting and fun.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Borsche69 posted:

Otutsum Shrine was especially egregious. It's not even hidden. It's out in the open, in clear sight of a skyview tower. There's no enemies around it, nothing to do. I thought I did something wrong when I got in there lol.

Is this the one in the west gerudo highlands? I was really confused when I got there.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Dareon posted:

Although on the topic of art direction, is anyone else vaguely concerned by how the fallen Zonai rocks seem to be infecting the countryside? Like you look around them and there's this spreading angular network of sand, like the Zonai were really into nanotech.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who got a bit weirded out by that. Nobody in-game seems to mention it either.

I love how there's so much subtly wrong in this game. Last night I found two Yiga notebooks, one mentioning they can't see Poes, they're just faint lights in the distance that vanish when they get closer and another about how the big Bargainer Statues are straight up taking Yiga souls if they get too close :tinfoil:

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

RuBisCO posted:

Finally rolled credits. Might be my favourite endgame sequence/final boss of the whole series, such an excellent series of events. I absolutely loved how much the fight played with meta expectations, such as the expanding lifebar, the flurry rush jump scare, and the whittling of your max health. Each one was such a delightful surprise.

The final final sequence also rules, even if it was much more of a set piece. Tagteaming dragon Ganon with your dragon girlfriend, diving through a 3D bullet hell sequence, was just super exciting and fun.

Also hit credits tonight although I have a bunch of stuff to go back for if I want. Used basically all of my gloom healing food on the lynel and the army fight because I'm Bad, and kept hoping there'd be a checkpoint further in so I could resupply. Nope! I survived the non-set-piece portion of the fight with 1 max heart, and only because I started burning yellow heart food.

As a fan of the Twilight Princess Ganondorf fight, I was very satisfied with this one, and very satisfied with the atmosphere as you went deeper into the final area.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Nae posted:

That got an honest laugh out of me. On the whole, these shrines have had way more hits than botw, where some were more frustrating than fun.

jackofarcades posted:

yeah it's way better than botw which had like 30? combat shrines

I appreciate them turning all the combat shrines into eventide style equipmentless stealth stuff, but even then it felt like there were slightly too many of them and also they're still missing that expansive part that made eventide pretty cool. Although I understand they couldn't just drop it straight back into the game.

But yeah the botw combat shrines were like a quarter of all the shrines which was way too much, especially for the challenge it posed

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

bawk posted:

Is this the one in the west gerudo highlands? I was really confused when I got there.

Yup, that's the one. I want to say they ran out of time with it, but there's some other actual puzzle shrines that happen after you do an overworld puzzle of some sort and I'm like 80% sure one of them was supposed to be swapped with that one

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

sigher posted:

The surprise of building Battle Bots in a Zelda game made it really fun for me but upon revisit I can see it sucking.

It would be really hard to want to start a new save file without the autobuild favorites (at the very least) transferring over

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

In the sky labyrinth above Gerudo Desert, there's a freebie shrine that surprise turns into a giant wall. What was the legit way to solve that? Cause I just looked it over and had no idea what to do, so I left the shrine and made a rocket shield.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

veni veni veni posted:

In the sky labyrinth above Gerudo Desert, there's a freebie shrine that surprise turns into a giant wall. What was the legit way to solve that? Cause I just looked it over and had no idea what to do, so I left the shrine and made a rocket shield.

Light: The name of the shrine is Unlit Blessing.

Heavy: There's some unlit torches on the wall.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

Nah, I think this one is iffy design. If there is an alternate solution, it should require more creativity than the intended one. This is a game where you do a lot of climbing, just climbing there is more intuitive than figuring out all the minecart interactions. Honestly think that the dungeons should work by shrine rules, make the walls unclimbable and forbid using outside Zonai devices, make you solve puzzles with the provided materials. Let you smuggle in some if you've pre-fused it.

But that's one of the main design principles of BotW/TotK. These are games that are carefully designed with walkable paths and "ideal" solutions for puzzles and terrain obstacles and whatnot, and then say "but if you want to cheese it by climbing/Revali'ing/sneaking round the back/some Heath Robinson contraption/whatever off you go have fun!"

Just Andi Now posted:

Just pretend Link's telling people everything and he just comes off as a conspiracy theorist.

That's my thinking. He can't go running round telling everyone she's turned into a dragon because your average Hylian can't even see dragons, so he tells Impa so she can find out anything useful and gets on with all the other stuff.

Megera posted:

after many vehicle experiments and zonaite expenses, I managed to get to the flower island directly above lookout landing.

there was nothing there

GOTY

They got me that way too.

It's the one that landed in the Lookout Landing pond. Of course it is. I realised as soon as I got there and groanlaughed.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I put a medallion up there because it’s high and in the middle of the map

Peachy Nietzsche
Jul 26, 2007

This thread's like staring into the void.
Had a weird interaction with the Gloom Hands at Akkala Citadel. I stayed up high on one of the main building walls and pondered how I would finally engage them. But as I was thinking out a plan of attack and they squirmed against the wall they just dissipated and left behind a dark clump.

KRILLIN IN THE NAME
Mar 25, 2006

:ssj:goku i won't do what u tell me:ssj:

Peachy Nietzsche posted:

Had a weird interaction with the Gloom Hands at Akkala Citadel. I stayed up high on one of the main building walls and pondered how I would finally engage them. But as I was thinking out a plan of attack and they squirmed against the wall they just dissipated and left behind a dark clump.

If they can't reach you they will despawn eventually and unlike defeating them regularly won't initiate the second phase

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Peachy Nietzsche posted:

same.. i've engaged with them once but usually just cower somewhere high up.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

If they can't reach you they will despawn eventually and unlike defeating them regularly won't initiate the second phase

I don't think that's the same thing; I had this happen to me with Phantom Ganon where he was right in front of me on flat ground, separated from me only by a puddle of gloom, but he just appeared to scream and vanish while I was running towards him, leaving behind a dark clump before I even got one swing in. That was my first time to get to that part so I just left really confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

KRILLIN IN THE NAME posted:

I thought they died when exposed to light? They leave behind loot and don't respawn so that was what I assumed at least