Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Hughmoris posted:

Is anyone running this on a i7-6700k or Nvidia 970? If so, how's the performance?

I am and its fine (~100 fps) if you turn down the graphics enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Just did a dungeon and man the Spider boss was annoying to fight, if only for the constant invisible snares. And while I appreciate getting the aspect the loot drop was kind of disappointing.

Also, currently level 11 and I speced into Bash and Upheaval and man it feels good to me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What does it mean when a zone turns blood red like this? I thought it was suppose to signify a helltide has taken over the area, but when I enter the zone none of the helltide mechanics enable?

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

I said come in! posted:

What does it mean when a zone turns blood red like this? I thought it was suppose to signify a helltide has taken over the area, but when I enter the zone none of the helltide mechanics enable?

I'm hearing some things about that, apparently all the staff who made Diablo 4 left after the game launched as a sign of protest they colored in the map red to show unity with communist china.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Gone Fashing posted:

I did the same thing. Why do people seem to think lunging strike is so good

lunging strike isn't quite a no-cooldown teleport but it's surprising how often it feels like it is

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
Just bought and downloaded Diablo 4 and looking to play with a friend tonight. Is there a tutorial / single player mode I have to play first or can I jump right into partying with other players?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh please sir, our city (pop 15) are being menaced by the small time Fuckhead gang, could you kill maybe 13 of them?

*checks map, 100 red dots appear because the small gang is a literal army. I go into a trance irl and massacre 300 of them while trying to find a statue*

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
cleared second capstone at 59. game good

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
When you are in a helltide there are these "shrines" where you redeem your "things" for stuff but there is a hidden shrine that only appears on the map when you are close to it. It is called "mystic" or something like that. It costs 175 "things" to redeem but it usually spits out legendaries.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

DarkDobe posted:

So the XP rate in fields of hatred is nutty?
Like, faster than dungeon grinding if you just sprint around and explode elites.
Bonus points for doing it in a team - or bloodmarking yourself and just clicking everything.
Doesn't matter if you die, you're back in 30 seconds tops.

"how nutty could it really be?"

two levels and four unique drops later

"oh gently caress"

seems events in pvp have bonus drop potential, too bad I'm on WT3 and not 4. Also two of the uniques were worse drops of the unique sacred I dropped off a loot goblin earlier today

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin
alright im level 55 and dont really know why i should keep playing

where is my forever game

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
What’s the verdict on this game? Is it good? How does it compare to diablo 2/3?

Janitor Ludwich IV
Jan 25, 2019

by vyelkin

ninjoatse.cx posted:

What’s the verdict on this game? Is it good? How does it compare to diablo 2/3?

game good I'd say it's way better than either of the previous games. I hated d3 and loved d2 fwiw

it's fun to click on the bad dudes and blow poo poo up ymmv

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

BrianBoitano posted:

Where my hardcore players at? Level 49 over here, about to finish the campaign :dance:

Internet died and somehow you still stay online for a whole minute

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
I've got some lore questions (spoilers from the second half of the game).

What is Hawezar? What's going on with the serpent? It is heavily implied that Hawezar / the swamp is "not of Sanctuary". It's some alien thing. Go look at maps of Sanctuary, it doesn't say "Hawezar", it says "Swamp Lands". Where did it come from? What is it? The witches seem to know but never tell you.

My theory is that it's not angelic or demonic, it's a neutral entity in the Eternal Conflict. Possibly from Pandemonium (since we have not seen anything of that yet). If that were true there might be a third faction?

What is the Tree of Whispers? Why is a tree communicating with me? Why am I bounty hunting for it?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

blizzard making a good game just makes me hate them even more.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

Arsonide posted:

I've got some lore questions (spoilers from the second half of the game).

What is Hawezar? What's going on with the serpent? It is heavily implied that Hawezar / the swamp is "not of Sanctuary". It's some alien thing. Go look at maps of Sanctuary, it doesn't say "Hawezar", it says "Swamp Lands". Where did it come from? What is it? The witches seem to know but never tell you.

My theory is that it's not angelic or demonic, it's a neutral entity in the Eternal Conflict. Possibly from Pandemonium (since we have not seen anything of that yet). If that were true there might be a third faction?

What is the Tree of Whispers? Why is a tree communicating with me? Why am I bounty hunting for it?

Hawezar, the Swamplands, all of the serpent stuff - related to Trag'Oul (great serpent of Balance), who wants to maintain a balance of Life/Death and keep Sanctuary out of the Eternal Conflict between Heaven/Hell (who both gently caress up the Balance, just by being there).

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Busy Bee posted:

Just bought and downloaded Diablo 4 and looking to play with a friend tonight. Is there a tutorial / single player mode I have to play first or can I jump right into partying with other players?

There's a pretty short tutorial area you have to get through but it's maybe a half hour to get there at most.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Saw people saying the campaign caps at level 50 in the last two pages.

Does that mean you should try to beat the campaign by 50 and then go back and do sidequests? Open WT3 and then do the sidequests on that? Don't think about it and just shotgun underleveled content to see it and get renown and all that? I am enjoying all the morbid endings to these goofy little sidequests.

Ahhh, my eyes.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

It doesn't "cap" so much as it nerfs the poo poo out of XP in WT2 or below after 50. You can still technically exist in that state but there's no reason to. So yes try and finish the campaign before 50 and do your capstone dungeon.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Critical path through the campaign and then going to do side quests afterwards seems the smart play. At least straight to act 4 and the mount.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Thanks. I'll full clear Act 1 and then go faster through the campaign and hit my capstone so I can get full completion in T3. I'm already 32 and maybe over halfway through everything in Act 1.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Silly question but I'm still not at that point, being about halfway through act 4: if you skip the campaign on a new character after completing it once, do you just get plonked into the world at lvl1 with whatever realm-wide renown rewards you got, the horse, and just get dungeons/activities/sidequests?

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Arc Lash is the poo poo.

My lvl 51 highly optimized chain lightning sorc with good rolls on several resource generating aspects and all the chain lightning specific ones was… ok. Mostly needed cooldowns to make progress.

Swapped to Arc Lash even though I was skeptical, threw on random gear, and now I’m a woodchipper turning T3 dungeons and hell tides into sacred gear.

turns out the streamers and guide writers know a thing or too :v:

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
Can someone share a fun necro build for leveling? :)

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

TorakFade posted:

Silly question but I'm still not at that point, being about halfway through act 4: if you skip the campaign on a new character after completing it once, do you just get plonked into the world at lvl1 with whatever realm-wide renown rewards you got, the horse, and just get dungeons/activities/sidequests?

exactly. 10 skill points, 100+ in all stats and a horse at level 1 is pretty funny.

Note that some world areas have minimum levels, if you head west from MainTown it’ll still be 5-7 monsters for example.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

coelomate posted:

exactly. 10 skill points, 100+ in all stats and a horse at level 1 is pretty funny.

Note that some world areas have minimum levels, if you head west from MainTown it’ll still be 5-7 monsters for example.

:getin: that's great, the early game slog and redoing the campaign after having just finished it is my bane usually, this way I'll feel a lot better about whipping up a few alternate characters to settle into which class I'll want to play for the first season :)

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

coelomate posted:

How fast is it to level an alt to 50 with these bonuses?

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

PerilPastry posted:

Can someone share a fun necro build for leveling? :)

All in on blood nova, sacrifice all your pets for damage resistance and max hp, pick stuff that supports fortify and overpower. Run in and spam blood nova until everything's dead. A good way to carry yourself to 30+ where you get the capstones and other build options start getting stronger

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

explosivo posted:

There's a pretty short tutorial area you have to get through but it's maybe a half hour to get there at most.

You can play the prologue as a group - prologue characters cannot join the parties of players outside of the prologue, but vice versa is allowed.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Don't forget to elixer up. Every bonus helps and you're not doing much else with herbs.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

That Little Demon posted:

I'm hearing some things about that, apparently all the staff who made Diablo 4 left after the game launched as a sign of protest they colored in the map red to show unity with communist china.

lol

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

Chalks posted:

How fast is it to level an alt to 50 with these bonuses?

Faster than when I was doing the campaign, I got my alt from 1-50 skipping the campaign, just doing Whispers, in like two days...and I'm usually pretty slow at ARPGs.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
What are the options once the campaign is done with for your alts? Is there a way to place them outside of the campaign and just do side missions etc?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rev. Melchisedech Howler posted:

What are the options once the campaign is done with for your alts? Is there a way to place them outside of the campaign and just do side missions etc?

From what's been posted you get a "skip" campaign button on the character select/create screen.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

From what's been posted you get a "skip" campaign button on the character select/create screen.

Ah, thanks. I was getting worried that I was wasting time with my rogue alt and that I may have to reroll if I didn't want to do the campaign.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Played 3-4 hours so far and holy gently caress this game is boring. When does the Elden Ring DLC drop?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Are clans platform specific? If so, can someone hook me up with a clan for Playstation users? If platform doesn't matter, I'll take any clan invite.

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

just found a few more upgrades for arc lash and got my key bindings sorted to save my carpal tunnel and I Am Having Fun.

Itemization reminds me of my favorite moments in early playthroughs of D1 and D2. I know there’s cool poo poo out there, but not exactly what or how to get it. Grind grind grind grind grind.

coelomate fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Jun 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

CBD Corndog posted:

Also after seeing this I have a strong desire to make a Barb

Me too.
By "make" I mean make him happy, so he'll hold me tight and make me feel safe