Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Level scaling owns for this type of game. Without scaling it invalidates large swathes of the game and do people actually return to the newbie areas to make themselves feel good by exploding some poor rear end quillrat for a billion damage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Doctor Zero posted:

Am I just unlucky or are the locked chests you have to buy a key for completely useless? I get better stuff out of regular chests. And even better stuff from doing a 2 minute event and actually gain Oblios.

They're trash.

euphronius posted:

Where did “capstone” come from ? It’s not a arpg thing afaict

"someone's greatest achievement or the greatest part of something"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Well they aren’t using the term right because the capstone happens way early

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

i think it's suits or nerds with degrees leaking, probably referring to a final college project

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
It’s literally the capstone for the tier.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Anyone starting another overflow clan? All three in the OP are now full.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Its from the developers. Its a capstone on the difficulty which unlocks the next one, then the final one at 100 to cap it all off

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
Dumb question but it's been a long time since I played Diablo. I'm playing a sorc and when I compare weapons like a staff to a wand it only shows that difference, correct? Or does it take into account the off hand?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

euphronius posted:

Where did “capstone” come from ? It’s not a arpg thing afaict

Academia

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

kaleedity posted:

i think it's suits or nerds with degrees leaking, probably referring to a final college project

Yeah calling the last class/project you do a "capstone" is pretty common. That being said, it does mean the last stone placed when building a rock structure so it fits with the medieval theme there too.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

They're called that because when you beat them, you get a cool stone you can wear as a hat.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
It’s also referred to as the Corrective Action Plan Stone

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
:getin:

if only it was core damage instead of injured, oh well

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I'd like to play this on my day off but the lagging and disconnects on PSN are so bad I can't even leave a game from the menu once it desyncs. I have to go to dashboard and manually shut down D4 and restart

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Anyone else get seemingly random huge slowdowns? My FPS drops and if I go switch a video setting down and then back up it all works fine again.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

AARD VARKMAN posted:

gently caress that's good. I really want an oh poo poo weapon to appear so I'll finally try something other than twisting blades. everything explodes and I like the sfx. so I can't really complain

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

God drat, that's nasty

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
3 times now. I can't beat the capstone dungeon because the boss loving despawns. I've cleared the place 3 loving times now.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I am level 40 and still can't make the level 30 potion upgrade. I am having the worst luck finding crushed beast bones. Only have 2 so far. Various guides have come up short. Their recommended elites don't spawn, cellar/mine chests drop some potion mats but never crushed beast bones after 20 attempts, etc. Such a weird roadblock, even after hanging out in the zone where they are supposed to drop for a long time.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Diablo 4: I am having the worst luck finding crushed beast bones.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Ragequit posted:

I am level 40 and still can't make the level 30 potion upgrade. I am having the worst luck finding crushed beast bones. Only have 2 so far. Various guides have come up short. Their recommended elites don't spawn, cellar/mine chests drop some potion mats but never crushed beast bones after 20 attempts, etc. Such a weird roadblock, even after hanging out in the zone where they are supposed to drop for a long time.

The only guy in my group that actually got 5 before like 45 was the one that did literally all of Fractured Peaks before moving to act 2. Those things suck rear end

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Apparently the curator is bugged for necros with minions out. That's cool. Guess I'll sacrifice them and try again tomorrow.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
So I had these two items drop as I'm levelling my rogue who up to this point hadn't done anything with stealth, but has just been slicing and dicing with flurry, using the aspect from that one dungeon:

It seems like these should be able to work together, but I haven't really been using Stealth or imbued anything with Shadow. To do that I'll have to dump either Caltrops or Dark Shroud (leaning towards the latter I guess).

But am I understanding right how these two items would work together -- do I imbue Flurry with Shadow, hit some guys, then press spacebar to move through them (thereby evading through an enemy infected with shadow) and go into Stealth, and then my next attack will take me out of Stealth, giving me LOK and dropping stun grenades? I'm not sure I fully understand what it means to evade through an enemy, or that I'm understanding Stealth right.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Definitely go to act 2 because there are more beast type enemies there. Also I did get a poo poo ton of bones from cellars.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
when you open the game and you're hitting A to skip the splash screens, if you hit it one too many times the exit button is highlighted and the game immediately quits lol

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kaysette posted:

when you open the game and you're hitting A to skip the splash screens, if you hit it one too many times the exit button is highlighted and the game immediately quits lol

kater
Nov 16, 2010

holy loving piss resource burn quill rats (with poison enchanted)

Gejimayu
Mar 4, 2005
spaz
Trying to decide between barb rogue or druid but apparently all classes are bad and any patch is terrible and game breaking. How much are people just being babies? Interest wise I'm most into barb or druid but I also don't want to have to go heavy into theory crafting to make em viable.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'd say every class has multiple viable specs.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

Gejimayu posted:

Trying to decide between barb rogue or druid but apparently all classes are bad and any patch is terrible and game breaking. How much are people just being babies? Interest wise I'm most into barb or druid but I also don't want to have to go heavy into theory crafting to make em viable.

Can only speak to barb right now but I’m smashing most poo poo before it can even look at me twice on tier 3. Deathblow is knocking a third of the life off a dungeon boss and has two charges from a legendary.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Gejimayu posted:

How much are people just being babies?

It's a video game and more specifically an arpg so 100%

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Gejimayu posted:

1000% people fighting each other to have the hottest take and the only way to get views on anything is to be the person that hates something the most.

The game is good and the patch was like 4 lines long.

Gejimayu
Mar 4, 2005
spaz
Good. I will be ignoring my friend and going barb. Ty

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

People going insane over every single change is 1.) Hilarious, 2.) Nothing new, and 3.) Absolutely going to happen again.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Act 4 boss was so cool. It was kind of sudden I thought and was like, alright we're doing this. Really liking this so far.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Gejimayu posted:

It's a blizzard game, and an arpg so it attracts some of the most miserable chodes

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Gejimayu posted:

All classes are fine. That being said, I find that barbarian is the hardest to keep alive, so be forewarned that you'll be sweating a bit til you get some more mobility skills. He's the only guy that I had significant trouble beating the boss at the end of the intro section with because he was all facetank all the time.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Search for my posts in this thread, I posted the official Diablo 4 class wheel to eliminate having to choose a class.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

coelomate posted:

I legitimately feel bad for the monsters now:

I’ve been trying to get both of these for two days I hate you so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I am currently in act 3, through the dark glass. I’m walking through chambatar bridge and there are literally 0 enemies spawning. Curious if other people noticed this? I’m a bit confused about what’s going on