Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Grognan posted:

Cringe comes in, Cringes comes out

im very cringe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
These aliens need to fix the climate change so we aren’t sweating and freaking out like this.

rear end. Holes.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I've seen the movies. Aliens can't solve climate change because they are causing it so that they can get some weird resource from us we would never expect once we are all dead.

They solved interstellar travel but don't have porcelain toilets and billions have died due to acidic shits that dissolve every material they can create on their planet.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Just a Moron posted:

Today was actually really nice outside :unsmith:

:blessed:

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

Rectal Death Adept posted:

I've seen the movies. Aliens can't solve climate change because they are causing it so that they can get some weird resource from us we would never expect once we are all dead.

They solved interstellar travel but don't have porcelain toilets and billions have died due to acidic shits that dissolve every material they can create on their planet.

That weird material's name?

Plastic.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.
There's an out of control wildfire 30 kilometres northwest of us. Despite northwest and westerly winds we aren't getting any smoke, just clear skies. This is due to either a quirk in the local geography or NAFTA's kicked in and we're now obligated to export the majority of our smoke to the U.S. as soon as it's produced.

All of Vancouver Island is now in Level 2 drought conditions (0-5 scale). It's June 6th. :rubby:

Soggy Muffin posted:

I am still here. You are probably one of those polluters that flushes your toilet every use. I only flush it once a week, only once during the month of april. I use a biodegradable towel for my bottom

Hey, I care about the biodiversity of my septic tank. Those little shitbugs need regular infusions of fresh oxygenated water to stay healthy.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Was contemplating solar panels but haven't factored in international smoke drift dampening panel effectiveness.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Rip Testes posted:

Was contemplating solar panels but haven't factored in international smoke drift dampening panel effectiveness.

Have we learned nothing from The Animatrix

BRB gonna vivisect my neighbour and turn them into a battery

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Just a Moron posted:

Woah woah woah woah, when did Canada overtake the U.S. in terms of up and coming fascism?
the euthanasia thing is pretty insidious. america is just louder and more gun-oriented

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Trudeau is euthanizing and disarming our population to prepare for the inevitable American migration after the southern half of their country becomes an inhospitable nightmare

But gently caress that we’ll burn the place down first

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Durf posted:

Trudeau is euthanizing and disarming our population to prepare for the inevitable American migration after the southern half of their country becomes an inhospitable nightmare

But gently caress that we’ll burn the place down first

Canada should burn the white house down again imo

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

i think ill go to vegas this year

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

cash crab posted:

i think ill go to vegas this year

more like cash scorpion

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

cum jabbar posted:

i get my smoke from windy.com bc its prettier

:stare:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
https://twitter.com/CanadianPolling/status/1665917818473201665

lmfaoooo

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Lol holy poo poo

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
*me, shopping for an unambiguous sign that "this is it" and it's time to bug the gently caress out*

mmm, do you have anything that's a little more, I don't knowwwww.... this is just a bit toooo, you know... on the other hand, maybe? this is SO HARD UGH

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Let me just check in the back

*opens staff door and an unspeakable amount of filthy water pours out with hurricane force*

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The sheer amount of haze here in the Northeast over the last 14 hours from the Canada fires is causing a lot of my friends to crack ping

https://twitter.com/nycgov/status/1666243478047604736?s=20
https://twitter.com/Lenscap/status/1666264199255715843

MightyBigMinus
Jan 26, 2020

i originally built my corsi cube for covid, now its getting a second life for wildfires

'that funny feeling' about everything going to hell is one thing, but to lose a point on our smug superiority over PNW losers is heartbreaking

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
I vote Thelma Krug for the IPCC commission. Just an incredible name.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Where is the "wildfires are natural" poster. I'm curious what geological date range we need to cite now for this cope.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

for as long as i can remember there's always been record-breaking wildfire season before june

however this is because i have no short or long term memory

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

Oglethorpe posted:

bookmark https://fire.airnow.gov/

give it keyword "smokemap"

you'll be using it a lot

jesus christ, that wasn't pollen irritating our eyes in the ozarks yesterday, that was canadian smoke

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

:eyepop:

very hazy morning here in northern Ohio. weird stuff folks

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
https://twitter.com/BPacuku/status/1666241579298824193

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Hmm. Plant growth and hummingbird migration 5 weeks late, forest fire activity 8 weeks early. Soil temperature still relatively cool @15o but drying out so fast it's going hydrophobic. Port Alberni (small city on the west side of Vancouver Island) bouncing between 30o day and 4o night temperatures. Seems less than ideal. Good thing we don't grow much food here.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Chris James 2 posted:

The sheer amount of haze here in the Northeast over the last 14 hours from the Canada fires is causing a lot of my friends to crack ping

Oh yeah, it's pretty hard into the "not loving normal" side of things.

Good thing this will start happening every year and people will quickly normalize it, otherwise someone might actually have to worry.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

Don't worry about the wildfire smoke - it's just the CRTC allowing Canadian content to flow south more strongly this time.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

edit: double post!

Hexigrammus posted:

Hmm. Plant growth and hummingbird migration 5 weeks late, forest fire activity 8 weeks early. Soil temperature still relatively cool @15o but drying out so fast it's going hydrophobic. Port Alberni (small city on the west side of Vancouver Island) bouncing between 30o day and 4o night temperatures. Seems less than ideal. Good thing we don't grow much food here.

smoobles posted:

Hawaii Vancouver Island is very climate safe, wait (touches earpiece) I am now learning the entire state island is <1 week away from running out of food and fuel at any given moment

Hubbert has issued a correction as of 15:41 on Jun 7, 2023

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

it's fine, how many trees does canada even have to burn?

besides, once you burn all the trees you cannot burn them again

ipso facto on a long enough time scale the amount of trees burnt will approach 0

checkmate doomers

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

brakeless posted:

it's fine, how many trees does canada even have to burn?

besides, once you burn all the trees you cannot burn them again

ipso facto on a long enough time scale the amount of trees burnt will approach 0

checkmate doomers
they can't have many left after this, didn't BC and Alberta burn just a month ago?

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
It's those drat carbon credits forests. Stop planting trees you're just fueling the fires.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

lol

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

bawfuls posted:

they can't have many left after this, didn't BC and Alberta burn just a month ago?

when the Canadian Shield gets properly going with a fire, it's gonna be fuckin apocalyptic

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.
My wife commented on how beautiful last night's blood red sunset (Northeast Ohio, on Lake Erie) was... but, I knew. I knew why it was like that and I couldn't even appreciate the aesthetic beauty of it... I only felt the waves of doom pulsate through my body. For that, I blame all of you, and the

PetroDragonic Apocalypse: or Dawn of Eternal Night - An Annihilation of Planet Earth and the Beginning of Merciless Damnation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

https://waqi.info/#/c/43.705/-79.384/11.3z

[chuckles] i'm in danger