Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

can we get them to put the fire out already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Oglethorpe posted:

AQI 400 in Syracuse, NY

good lord :wow:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Look we're not gonna say this is gonna happen every year for the rest of your life. Just like, most of them

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
almost 400, having a bad headache. starting to panic a bit.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

this is loving wild. it is properly orange now. i can smell it inside even with all my air filters running and the windows closed

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

inside, three air filters, all windows closed

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

this is loving wild. it is properly orange now. i can smell it inside even with all my air filters running and the windows closed

Yeah, I've been running in and out of the house while I'm working to try to prepare for some yard work I was going to do later but, uh, maybe I'm gonna stop and put that work off for a few days.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

RadiRoot posted:

almost 400, having a bad headache. starting to panic a bit.

I didn't know if went that high. How high does it go?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
East coast doing some west coast living. :smith:

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

lmao

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
number always go up

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

STOP

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

those idiots deserve it

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

1glitch0 posted:

I didn't know if went that high. How high does it go?

graph seems to max out at 500. my guess is over 500 means you're probably on fire.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
Finding my inner peace amidst the particulate matter all around me

piss guzzler 420
Dec 25, 2022

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

inside, three air filters, all windows closed

what filter you got there?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

levoit glacier air or something like that?? amazon had it really cheap (well, relatively) a few months ago, i think it's like $400 normally or something.

it is pretty nice though. very quiet even when moving a decent amount of air.

e: it's on "turbo" now and has reduced PM2.5 to about 10μg/m3

JAY ZERO SUM GAME has issued a correction as of 17:39 on Jun 7, 2023

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
i think its this one:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/levoit...wE&gclsrc=aw.ds

ill probably get a smaller one later.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

if gabriel wants to rollerblade, gabriel's gonna rollerblade

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

RadiRoot posted:

graph seems to max out at 500. my guess is over 500 means you're probably on fire.

400 sounds pretty bad then!

I don't remember what it was in Seattle the other year. I was too busy with the headache and coughing.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

i stopped running my air purifier cause its just gonna waste its filter at this point

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

holy gently caress it's so bad out here

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

https://twitter.com/nymetrowx/status/1666489072846532609?s=20

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

well that's all i can do, everything is full blast and i'm at 30μg/m3 inside, smelling smoke

i feel horribly for people who don't have air filters or work outside. jesus christ.

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

485 wtf

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

420 aqi blaze it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

what about like a big air purifier

deblasio already bought serval million lovely ones for classrooms from his buddy that dont have hepa filters in them

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

is this bad?

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

virgin bourgeois air purifier collecting vs laying on my back and pouring water onto the wet towel i have draped over my face

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

last 30 mins the color changed to orange

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
:p

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

SorePotato posted:

virgin bourgeois air purifier collecting vs laying on my back and pouring water onto the wet towel i have draped over my face

please don't waterboard yourselves goons

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Paradoxish posted:

not going outside is a lockdown

some idiot on citydata posted:

I agree. My next fear is our power hungry liberal dictator politicians will try some kind of lockdown due to this too. Yes, folks with asthma may be affected negatively from this, but are these toxins otherwise dangerous for the average person? It is just like sitting around a campfire as someone else mentioned.

I was in NYC all day yesterday and only started smelling smoke around 6pm. Earlier in the day, the air seemed perfectly fine to me.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
AQI is purple-pu-purple-pu-purple
and swallow it down with the
yurple-yu-yurple-yu-yurple
it's going down

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

triple sulk posted:

holy gently caress it's so bad out here

hold your breath

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Just the dumbest goddamn species ever.

You know in our grim weatherchange future I never figured there was even a possibility of losing an entire city to mass smoke inhalation. Obviously this is not gonna happen right now (probably) but the future is hazy

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

we had all of our windows in our home replaced in March and goddamn i am glad we did. the old ones were really drafty, and i know it would be lovely inside our house if we hadn't replaced them.

threw on a respirator to walk the dog (the shortest possible walk for him to drop a deuce then we hauled rear end home), when i got home and took it off it smelled like someone was doing a campfire in my yard

this is hosed

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Milo and POTUS posted:

You know in our grim weatherchange future I never figured there was even a possibility of losing an entire city to mass smoke inhalation. Obviously this is not gonna happen right now (probably) but the future is hazy

Oh, just wait until the methane clathrate all goes up at once. We'll have entire regions suffocating from zero oxygen when the methane gas bubbles move in and push out the regular air.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Milo and POTUS posted:

By the mid-1960s there were serious warnings from smog researchers that if air pollution continued to increase unabated, a worst-case scenario for smog trapping under an inversion layer could lead to thousands of deaths. As it happened, the 1966 NYC smog event ended up being one of the major catalysts for the Clean Air Act; if it hadn’t been blown out of the area after a couple days by a cold front, it could have been far worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Remember to replace your cabin filters in your cars (if you have one, and it has a cabin filter) after this is over!