Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm worried about Dave's health, on the latest WOR Bryan said he's seen something 1000 times and Dave didn't stop him to correct with the actual number :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

I'm worried about Dave's health, on the latest WOR Bryan said he's seen something 1000 times and Dave didn't stop him to correct with the actual number :ohdear:

i took that as proof bryan saw it exactly one thousand times

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

We time skip to the 80’s for the 37th Annual WWF Slammy Awards! Jesse The Body Ventura and Mean Gene host this blizzard take on an award show. As the show goes on we get many musical performances from various WWF SuperStars promoting the Piledriver album. This is where the infamous Vince McMahon Stand Back performance came from. Also, Hacksaw Jim Duggan and King Harley Race brawl all over the building during the entire show. Plus, you won’t wanna miss the Hulk Hogan Real American Award! The boys got to check out the upcoming AEW Fight Forever video game and discuss AEW Double or Nothing 2023!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I love novel legal arguments more than I hate WWE. Planting outlandish numbers is funny and I hope they did it.

https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1665569134304952321
The former Leonard F. Chikarason is the guest. This is niche but fantastic if you ever cared about Chikara.

I listened to the Chikara segment of the podcast. My three favorite pieces of info about the Chikara Shutdown storyline:

- Gran Akuma noped out immediately.

- They had apparently filmed segments of Archibald Peck in the Dungeon of Doom with Kevin Sullivan in the role of the Master, but never used them.

- At the Never Compromise show where everything went down, they built up part of the angle where Marty Jannetty would show up to cheer on Icarus (who was a kayfabe Jannetty mega-fan and dressed like him for the match). This led to nothing as Jannetty straight-up didn't show up due to being unreliable. I find this one extra funny because at one point Quack did some Q&A online where he said he'd answer any questions and when somebody asked about whether Jannetty was supposed to be there and simply no-showed, Quack typed up a big smokescreen about how much better and more dramatic the storyline was that Jannetty wasn't there... while never actually answering the question.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

"I don't know the Bolsheviks, I know Super Dragon. Golden era."

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Still waiting for the patreon version of Deadlock to go up. There's not a no-ads audio version is there?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Good Listener posted:

Still waiting for the patreon version of Deadlock to go up. There's not a no-ads audio version is there?

Same here. And not that I know of.

Edit: ope it just got posted

explosivo fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jun 6, 2023

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Gavok posted:

I listened to the Chikara segment of the podcast. My three favorite pieces of info about the Chikara Shutdown storyline:

- Gran Akuma noped out immediately.

- They had apparently filmed segments of Archibald Peck in the Dungeon of Doom with Kevin Sullivan in the role of the Master, but never used them.

- At the Never Compromise show where everything went down, they built up part of the angle where Marty Jannetty would show up to cheer on Icarus (who was a kayfabe Jannetty mega-fan and dressed like him for the match). This led to nothing as Jannetty straight-up didn't show up due to being unreliable. I find this one extra funny because at one point Quack did some Q&A online where he said he'd answer any questions and when somebody asked about whether Jannetty was supposed to be there and simply no-showed, Quack typed up a big smokescreen about how much better and more dramatic the storyline was that Jannetty wasn't there... while never actually answering the question.
My favorite was all the people asking Joe "Can you just tell me when Chikara is coming back? I'm not watching 8 splinter promotions."

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It was interesting (if not surprising) to hear Zellner talk about the stories of Quackenbush being a dick went back like a decade plus even if they didn't mention too many specifics.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lmao oh my god this m&m and coca-cola store story

HE'S STEALING AN M&M!!!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
New Vegas sounds like a bummer. No buffets and everything closes early

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Malcolm Excellent posted:

New Vegas sounds like a bummer. No buffets and everything closes early

plus the Cazadores are everywhere

I died at the strike one/strike two/Strikeforce joke Jawnny slipped in but got talked over

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

came across this and Loled again https://twitter.com/vrtlpros/status/1575470430751784960

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjl7xtoFp0U

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
why dont you honkey tonk your rear end off a bridge brother lmao

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Finding it hard to believe "Ben Simmons is a basketball player; Benjamin Franklin is a famous 19...1700s politician who...invented electricity or something, right" is not something someone cooked up with an AI voice thing. It's too beautiful

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

He was actually very very famous

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

half convinced bryan woke up from a nap during this clip

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Benjamin Franklin was actually very, very famous."

The best wrestling journalist in the world, folks :allears:

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

dave explaining who this guy is for his nonamerican listeners

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Dave is a beautiful soul.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The casual fans don't know Ben Franklin.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

amazing

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i love dave

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Switching to posting podcasts with show names last is an annoying change to the f4w website

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Dango Bango posted:

Switching to posting podcasts with show names last is an annoying change to the f4w website

Indeed, I was almost fooled into downloading a WOL.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

RSS 4 lyfe

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Great opener on wor today with Dave insisting Bryan pick some specific part of iron sheik’s career and then telling him why asking about the transitional wwf title run is wrong because that isn’t the most memorable part of his career.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

0konner posted:

Great opener on wor today with Dave insisting Bryan pick some specific part of iron sheik’s career and then telling him why asking about the transitional wwf title run is wrong because that isn’t the most memorable part of his career.

Just started this, fantastic opening :allears:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
WOR has a casual Rampage spoiler at 47:10-47:30.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Kennel posted:

WOR has a casual Rampage spoiler at 47:10-47:30.

According to Dave one person pinned themselves so that sounds interesting this became appointment tv for me.

Mod edit: it's a 4-way match, you inadvertently spoiled who's involved with the finish, removed that part

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jun 8, 2023

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston
Bryan - "MJF says Brit Baker leaves the house with Adam Cole's balls in her purse"
Dave - "How do you do that?"
Bryan - "It's a figure of speech"
Dave - "Oh okay, because I've never seen anyone's balls in a purse"

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
impossible to listen to WOL today

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sempervive?

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

A Canadian listener writes in saying they don’t care about collision tickets cause the shows not going to be on Canadian tv and semp somehow imagines this means the listener must be obsessed with getting their sign on tv and being seen.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I can hear it from that description and I don’t like it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’ll suffer through a lot of poo poo in wrestling (I watch rampage every week and listen to granny on B&V) but I gave up on WOL months ago. It’s dogshit. I don’t know why Bryan keeps semp around, he’s a freak.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Bryan should be Skip Bayless’ new cohost

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Best part of the freeform good Iron Sheik Memories part of the show today was when Dave explained how Iran wasn't a heel country in the 1960s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I wonder how AEW is gonna bring their Women 18-49 demo up?

Bryan Alvarez: One of these days, Jungle Boy is gonna gently caress HOOK.

Well.... there you go then!