Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

CuddleCryptid posted:

The article specifically says that people didn't like the AI generated stuff because the writing was bad. Besides that, the above is like saying "you were happy to drive the car you bought until you found out it was obtained by a carjacking, curious"

I just mean stuff like this tweet or whatever it is screenshotted in the article:

Not being disappointed until you learn that it's AI-generated is... uhh, extremely dumb. Being disappointed in the quality in the first place is different but this person specifically says they enjoyed the game then were disappointed when they got to the credits and learned that parts of it were AI-generated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

deep dish peat moss posted:

I just mean stuff like this tweet or whatever it is screenshotted in the article:

Not being disappointed until you learn that it's AI-generated is... uhh, extremely dumb. Being disappointed in the quality in the first place is different.

Nah I think that is pretty reasonable.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

CuddleCryptid posted:

drat they *leaped* onto that copyright expiration date.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Not being disappointed until you learn that it's AI-generated is... uhh, extremely dumb. Being disappointed in the quality in the first place is different but this person specifically says they enjoyed the game then were disappointed when they got to the credits and learned that parts of it were AI-generated.

the comment makes it clear their issue isn't with the quality, but with AI as a copyright laundering machine for legal plagiarism

whether AI generation is that or not isn't a settled issue yet, either legally or in popular opinion, but they're not contradicting themselves

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
But manual plagiarism is just as legal as AI plagiarism. It's just more expensive.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jun 7, 2023

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I see they went out of their way to show Eeyore in those photos so people don't think he finally snapped.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Guerilla Collective 2023 Recap

Like the past couple of years, MiX arranged the games in themed segments, although the themes this year were... well, very loose, lol.

Segment 1: Intro

Terra Memoria (TBA) is an HD-2D RPG

Sengoku Dynasty (TBD) is an open world game set in feudal Japan where you build and manage villages. Will launch in Early Access

This very silly looking character is from Forgotlings (2024), a sequel to cinematic platformer Forgotton Anne, which looks to carry on the same style of 2.5D gameplay and hand-drawn animation.

Evolutis: Duality (TBD) is a narrative action-adventure about a professional MMA fighter in Fenghai, with lots of rotoscoped animations and some fighting gameplay.

Europa (2023) is a gorgeous looking exploration 3D platformer in a large world with Ghibli/NiNoKuni-esque visuals.

Light Odyssey (2023) is a stylized boss rush hack-and-slash where you do battle against The Colossus in its many forms.

Abyssus (TBD) is a roguelite 'brinepunk' FPS set in the (quite inhabited) ruins of a former underwater civilization.

A Tiny Sticker Tale (TBD) is a cozy adventure that reminds me a bit of Carto, where you take and place stickers on the world to progress.

Dwarf Delve (TBA) is a Minecraft-looking roguelite where you dig deep for treasures and some really slow swinging animations.

Remnant 2 (Summer 2023) is obviously the biggest boy shown in this majority-indie showcase, a sequel to the Soulsy third-person co-op shooter.

Segment 2: "Neo Retro"

Iron Meat (October)'s inspiration should be obvious. I thought the demo was just ok at the time when I played it in a Next Fest two years ago, but it definitely looks like it's gotten significantly more polished since then.

Hammerwatch 2 (TBD) expands beyond the dungeons of the original to a larger open world.

If Asteroids was more about 'vibes' and beats, you'd have Super Space Club (August 4).

Toxic Crusaders (2024) is a beat-em-up in the style of TMNT Shredder's Revenge but for the Toxic Crusaders cartoon of the early 90s. Voice acting by Team FourStar, and will have a FMV intro by Lloyd Kaufman from Troma. It honestly looks pretty cool.

30XX (out now in Early Access) is the sequel to Megaman-ish roguelite 20XX. They gave a date (Q3 2023) but it wasn't clear if this was for the 1.0 release or just a Switch port.

Leximan (2024) is a narrative RPG with a unique gimmick, where you cast spells by grabbing phonemes/syllables out of the air to form words. The game promises hundreds of ways to play the game so we might have a Scribblenauty experience on our hands?

Antonblast (TBD) is the OTHER Wario Land tribute that has been in development for a long time. It'll be called a Pizza Tower knockoff, but the truth is that both were in development at the same time and one just happened to come out earlier than the other. A demo has gone up today.

Segment 3: Horror, FPS

Serum (TBD) is a survival game where you are addicted to a strange green liquid that can alter your body, and you must use it to stay alive.

Do You See Sparky?/Sparky Marky Online (TBA) is another one of those horror games with a cutesy character that is actually SPOOKY!!! These things exist to cater to streamers and "Lore Youtube" and I'm sure it'll do fine with that group of people. I couldn't care less!

World of Horror (out now in early access) is a well-loved Junji Ito inspired roguelite investigation game with monochrome pixel art. With a Switch release on the horizon, it's time for an actual, real-rear end, for real, 1.0 date. October 19th.

Pneumata (TBA) is yet another horror survival FPS with a Lovecraftian tag on Steam. Wake me if it's actually any good but please. Horror game studios. Stop with the Lovecraft. Find other inspiration. PLEASE.

Battle Shapers (Summer 2023) is a vibrant robot-smashing roguelite FPS that could probably get a license from NERF if they wanted, just based on how colorful it is.

Deadlink (July 27th) is a heavily movement-focused roguelite FPS in a cyberpunk setting. The dev announced the 1.0 date.

Blood West (out in early access), a Wild West-themed immsim with a boomer shooter aesthetic, announced their 1.0 date as well: December 2023

Segment 4: RPGs
(their definition is a little bit loose, mind you)

Demonschool (2023) is an indie RPG inspired by the Persona series, with tactical combat that I'd call more boardgamey than a full-on SRPG. It's obviously got style for days.

Quest Master (TBA) is a Zelda-style "Maker" game that somehow isn't Super Dungeon Maker. seriously I thought it was going to be that and then suddenly it was a different game name lol.

SacriFire (TBD) is an indie RPG stylized like HD-2D games such as Octopath Traveler, by the developer of Regalia and Warsaw.

A Bonnie Odyssey (TBA) is a first person "retrofuturist puzzle mystery". The trailer didn't really show much other than the environments.

Dark Deity 2 (TBA), the closest knockoff to Fire Emblem you can find in indie gaming, is back and Mostly Positiver than ever.

WrestleQuest (Summer 2023) is one of two wrestle-themed indie RPGs to be shown at this event, and what WrestleQuest brings to the table is celebrity endorsements, as Macho Man Randy Savage, Jake the Snake Roberts, and Andre the Giant (and other real-world wrestlers) are licensed and in the game.

(no picture yet)
Grifford Academy (TBA) is an isekai RPG with simpified towns/world map and an interesting aesthetic.

Toads of the Bayou (TBA) is a tactics game with deckbuilding starring toads, and Baron Samedi.

Arc Seed (TBA) is another tactics game with deckbuilding, where you get in the robot Shinji and fight (Arch)Angels as you save the earth and receive congratulations.

Segment 5: "cerebral games" (look its their words, not mine)

Crashlands 2 (2024) is the sequel to the highly popular crafty/survival game which I think was a bigger hit on mobile than PC.

Deck of Souls (TBA) is a deckbuilding game... these all look the same to me IDK. Is this what it's like when a Metroidvania hater sees games with running and jumping in them?

Yomi 2 (2023) is by Sirlin Games, who seems to think that they own the word "yomi" and so they go after anything else with Yomi in the title, much like that trademark troll that went after games with "EDGE" in the game back in the early 2010s. Which went SUPER GREAT for that guy.

Growth (TBA) is a map expansion game on a hexagonal grid which will probably draw a comparison to Dorfromantik, although it's more based on utilizing animal skills that you discover in the world.

Nova Lands (June 22) is a mix of action-exploration and factory/automation game by the dev of Mana Spark.

Jumplight Odyssey (TBD) is a spaceship/colony sim inspired by Macross and Fallout Shelter. Manage your crew, send people on away missions, and deal with drama.

Don Duality (TBD) is a deckbuilding game but set in a mafioso tycoon setting. Do dirty deeds and then use the ill-gotten funds to run your restaurant.

CorpoNation (TBD) is one of those narrative dystopian job games where you perform tedious tasks and eventually get recruited by a rebel group. It has neat-looking old MacOS kinda visuals. Has a prologue available today.

Revealed earlier this year, Kingdom Eighties (June 26) takes the Kingdom series to a very unexpected and modern setting inspired by Stranger Things and The Goonies. What is your kingdom in this context? A summer camp, naturally.

Segment 6: Cozy/artistic games

Sticky Business (2023) is a tiny lil' game about running your own sticker shop.

Super Adventure Hand (2023) shows us that we don't really need Glover when we can just have a plain, gloveless disembodied hand doing the platforming! Demo available.

A Corgi's Cozy Hike (Q3 2023)'s inspiration is obvious, but no it's not the developer of A Short Hike. It looks a little jankier by comparison.

Lake announced some holiday DLC called Season's Greetings, releasing, when else, but this holiday season. (original game pictured)

Pizza Possum (TBD) is a stealth arcade game about eating all the food as a hungry lil possum while avoiding guard dogs. It will have a demo in the upcoming Steam Next Fest.

Noun Town Language Learning (TBD) is what looks like a cozy way to learn vocab of different languages through minigames.

Olliefrog Toad Skater (Q4 2023) seems like a simple skateboarding game that I'd sooner expect to see in the Wholesome Direct, although it claims it is more than just a meme game with a career/story mode and full character customization (well, to an extent). The skating looks a lot more refined than Skatebird, I'll give it that much. Demo available.

Segment 7: Story-driven games

Lil Guardsman (Summer 2023) asks "what if Papers Please was actually a Cartoon Network show set in a fantasy realm?" Demo now available.

Bye Sweet Carole (TBA) is a fairy-tale inspired story game trying to go for Disney-style animation, but you can't fool me game. You said "by the creator of Remothered" at the beginning. That game, is some real smelly garbage.

A Void Hope (TBA) is a narrative platformer by the developer of Alwa's Legacy/Awakening, and as always the pixel art is on point. A demo is coming at the upcoming Next Fest.

Death Trick: Double Blind (TBD) is inspired by Ace Attorney and is an investigation game at the circus (bold choice, seeing as Ace Attorney fans would NOT like that setting). You play as two different characters, and the game is turn/round-based with actions costing AP.

Three Minutes to Eight (Q4 2023) is a point and click adventure by the developer of Encodya about robots and consciousness. The Steam page is a mess of intentionally broken text and censor blocks.

Nivalis (TBD) is a restuarant management and life-sim hybrid game set in the world of Cloudpunk. The dev showed off their mocap work.

Segment 8: Action games

Heart Abyss (TBD) is a planned episodic series of action-platformers with an emphasis on fast movement and brawling.

Promenade (2023) is a charming looking 2D platformer where you have a bird friend in your backpack (but not THAT bird friend)

Nocturnal (out today) is an atmospheric action platformer themed around fighting against the darkness with a fire sword that can light torches.

(no picture available)
Corrupt (TBA) is a fighting game with kind of drab and dark visuals. Good luck but, this market's kind of already got a lot of top heat.

Crypt Custodian (2024) is a top-down Metroidvania dungeon crawler where you play an afterlife janitor who looks a little like Mao Mao. By the dev of Islets and Sheepo. The dude loves to make Metroidvanias!

Gori: Cuddly Carnage (2023) is one of those games that looks better in motion than stills because boy howdy is it hard to find an appealing still image. But it does look pretty slick in motion (well, it's still really garish with its crunchy colors/contrast). You're a skateboarding cat beating the poo poo out of 'cute' enemies, character-action style.

GRIME: Tinge of Terror (out today) is a new DLC expansion to Grime (sorry for the old screenshot as new screens weren't available yet) for NG+ players which adds new attack patterns to enemies and new progression elements.

Dawn of the Monsters (available) is a kaiju brawling game published by WayForward which also announced a NG+ DLC today, along with a new character and additional stuff.

---

Another decent showing of indie games of all kinds, though there was nothing truly standout, like, say, Plucky Squire. There is also a Publisher Spotlight happening but I will post it separately since this post was enormous as is.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jun 7, 2023

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i got tinykin on sale a couple weeks ago and have really been enjoying it. it is "pikmin at home" in the figurative and literal sense (since it takes place in a house). very chill, cute game.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
As always 7th guest you are the MVP of the steam thread :tipshat:

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

They're Kickstarter comments. It...says it right under the image and in the text of the article itself.

And while this would otherwise be a pedantic correction, I think it is pretty important that those are comments from people who fed money directly into the game's development who were not told they would be using AI and didn't find out until the credits of the final product.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

drat horror queefs posted:

Every time I see a post from then it's :rip: my wishlist and budget

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

The 7th Guest posted:

Guerilla Collective 2023 Recap

Like the past couple of years, MiX arranged the games in themed segments, although the themes this year were... well, very loose, lol.

Segment 1: Intro

Terra Memoria (TBA) is an HD-2D RPG

Sengoku Dynasty (TBD) is an open world game set in feudal Japan where you build and manage villages. Will launch in Early Access

This very silly looking character is from Forgotlings (2024), a sequel to cinematic platformer Forgotton Anne, which looks to carry on the same style of 2.5D gameplay and hand-drawn animation.

Evolutis: Duality (TBD) is a narrative action-adventure about a professional MMA fighter in Fenghai, with lots of rotoscoped animations and some fighting gameplay.

Europa (2023) is a gorgeous looking exploration 3D platformer in a large world with Ghibli/NiNoKuni-esque visuals.

Light Odyssey (2023) is a stylized boss rush hack-and-slash where you do battle against The Colossus in its many forms.

Abyssus (TBD) is a roguelite 'brinepunk' FPS set in the (quite inhabited) ruins of a former underwater civilization.

A Tiny Sticker Tale (TBD) is a cozy adventure that reminds me a bit of Carto, where you take and place stickers on the world to progress.

Dwarf Delve (TBA) is a Minecraft-looking roguelite where you dig deep for treasures and some really slow swinging animations.

Remnant 2 (Summer 2023) is obviously the biggest boy shown in this majority-indie showcase, a sequel to the Soulsy third-person co-op shooter.

Segment 2: "Neo Retro"

Iron Meat (October)'s inspiration should be obvious. I thought the demo was just ok at the time when I played it in a Next Fest two years ago, but it definitely looks like it's gotten significantly more polished since then.

Hammerwatch 2 (TBD) expands beyond the dungeons of the original to a larger open world.

If Asteroids was more about 'vibes' and beats, you'd have Super Space Club (August 4).

Toxic Crusaders (2024) is a beat-em-up in the style of TMNT Shredder's Revenge but for the Toxic Crusaders cartoon of the early 90s. Voice acting by Team FourStar, and will have a FMV intro by Lloyd Kaufman from Troma. It honestly looks pretty cool.

30XX (out now in Early Access) is the sequel to Megaman-ish roguelite 20XX. They gave a date (Q3 2023) but it wasn't clear if this was for the 1.0 release or just a Switch port.

Leximan (2024) is a narrative RPG with a unique gimmick, where you cast spells by grabbing phonemes/syllables out of the air to form words. The game promises hundreds of ways to play the game so we might have a Scribblenauty experience on our hands?

Antonblast (TBD) is the OTHER Wario Land tribute that has been in development for a long time. It'll be called a Pizza Tower knockoff, but the truth is that both were in development at the same time and one just happened to come out earlier than the other. A demo has gone up today.

Segment 3: Horror, FPS

Serum (TBD) is a survival game where you are addicted to a strange green liquid that can alter your body, and you must use it to stay alive.

Do You See Sparky?/Sparky Marky Online (TBA) is another one of those horror games with a cutesy character that is actually SPOOKY!!! These things exist to cater to streamers and "Lore Youtube" and I'm sure it'll do fine with that group of people. I couldn't care less!

World of Horror (out now in early access) is a well-loved Junji Ito inspired roguelite investigation game with monochrome pixel art. With a Switch release on the horizon, it's time for an actual, real-rear end, for real, 1.0 date. October 19th.

Pneumata (TBA) is yet another horror survival FPS with a Lovecraftian tag on Steam. Wake me if it's actually any good but please. Horror game studios. Stop with the Lovecraft. Find other inspiration. PLEASE.

Battle Shapers (Summer 2023) is a vibrant robot-smashing roguelite FPS that could probably get a license from NERF if they wanted, just based on how colorful it is.

Deadlink (July 27th) is a heavily movement-focused roguelite FPS in a cyberpunk setting. The dev announced the 1.0 date.

Blood West (out in early access), a Wild West-themed immsim with a boomer shooter aesthetic, announced their 1.0 date as well: December 2023

Segment 4: RPGs
(their definition is a little bit loose, mind you)

Demonschool (2023) is an indie RPG inspired by the Persona series, with tactical combat that I'd call more boardgamey than a full-on SRPG. It's obviously got style for days.

Quest Master (TBA) is a Zelda-style "Maker" game that somehow isn't Super Dungeon Maker. seriously I thought it was going to be that and then suddenly it was a different game name lol.

SacriFire (TBD) is an indie RPG stylized like HD-2D games such as Octopath Traveler, by the developer of Regalia and Warsaw.

A Bonnie Odyssey (TBA) is a first person "retrofuturist puzzle mystery". The trailer didn't really show much other than the environments.

Dark Deity 2 (TBA), the closest knockoff to Fire Emblem you can find in indie gaming, is back and Mostly Positiver than ever.

WrestleQuest (Summer 2023) is one of two wrestle-themed indie RPGs to be shown at this event, and what WrestleQuest brings to the table is celebrity endorsements, as Macho Man Randy Savage, Jake the Snake Roberts, and Andre the Giant (and other real-world wrestlers) are licensed and in the game.

(no picture yet)
Grifford Academy (TBA) is an isekai RPG with simpified towns/world map and an interesting aesthetic.

Toads of the Bayou (TBA) is a tactics game with deckbuilding starring toads, and Baron Samedi.

Arc Seed (TBA) is another tactics game with deckbuilding, where you get in the robot Shinji and fight (Arch)Angels as you save the earth and receive congratulations.

Segment 5: "cerebral games" (look its their words, not mine)

Crashlands 2 (2024) is the sequel to the highly popular crafty/survival game which I think was a bigger hit on mobile than PC.

Deck of Souls (TBA) is a deckbuilding game... these all look the same to me IDK. Is this what it's like when a Metroidvania hater sees games with running and jumping in them?

Yomi 2 (2023) is by Sirlin Games, who seems to think that they own the word "yomi" and so they go after anything else with Yomi in the title, much like that trademark troll that went after games with "EDGE" in the game back in the early 2010s. Which went SUPER GREAT for that guy.

Growth (TBA) is a map expansion game on a hexagonal grid which will probably draw a comparison to Dorfromantik, although it's more based on utilizing animal skills that you discover in the world.

Nova Lands (June 22) is a mix of action-exploration and factory/automation game by the dev of Mana Spark.

Jumplight Odyssey (TBD) is a spaceship/colony sim inspired by Macross and Fallout Shelter. Manage your crew, send people on away missions, and deal with drama.

Don Duality (TBD) is a deckbuilding game but set in a mafioso tycoon setting. Do dirty deeds and then use the ill-gotten funds to run your restaurant.

CorpoNation (TBD) is one of those narrative dystopian job games where you perform tedious tasks and eventually get recruited by a rebel group. It has neat-looking old MacOS kinda visuals. Has a prologue available today.

Revealed earlier this year, Kingdom Eighties (June 26) takes the Kingdom series to a very unexpected and modern setting inspired by Stranger Things and The Goonies. What is your kingdom in this context? A summer camp, naturally.

Segment 6: Cozy/artistic games

Sticky Business (2023) is a tiny lil' game about running your own sticker shop.

Super Adventure Hand (2023) shows us that we don't really need Glover when we can just have a plain, gloveless disembodied hand doing the platforming! Demo available.

A Corgi's Cozy Hike (Q3 2023)'s inspiration is obvious, but no it's not the developer of A Short Hike. It looks a little jankier by comparison.

Lake announced some holiday DLC called Season's Greetings, releasing, when else, but this holiday season. (original game pictured)

Pizza Possum (TBD) is a stealth arcade game about eating all the food as a hungry lil possum while avoiding guard dogs. It will have a demo in the upcoming Steam Next Fest.

Noun Town Language Learning (TBD) is what looks like a cozy way to learn vocab of different languages through minigames.

Olliefrog Toad Skater (Q4 2023) seems like a simple skateboarding game that I'd sooner expect to see in the Wholesome Direct, although it claims it is more than just a meme game with a career/story mode and full character customization (well, to an extent). The skating looks a lot more refined than Skatebird, I'll give it that much. Demo available.

Segment 7: Story-driven games

Lil Guardsman (Summer 2023) asks "what if Papers Please was actually a Cartoon Network show set in a fantasy realm?" Demo now available.

Bye Sweet Carole (TBA) is a fairy-tale inspired story game trying to go for Disney-style animation, but you can't fool me game. You said "by the creator of Remothered" at the beginning. That game, is some real smelly garbage.

A Void Hope (TBA) is a narrative platformer by the developer of Alwa's Legacy/Awakening, and as always the pixel art is on point. A demo is coming at the upcoming Next Fest.

Death Trick: Double Blind (TBD) is inspired by Ace Attorney and is an investigation game at the circus (bold choice, seeing as Ace Attorney fans would NOT like that setting). You play as two different characters, and the game is turn/round-based with actions costing AP.

Three Minutes to Eight (Q4 2023) is a point and click adventure by the developer of Encodya about robots and consciousness. The Steam page is a mess of intentionally broken text and censor blocks.

Nivalis (TBD) is a restuarant management and life-sim hybrid game set in the world of Cloudpunk. The dev showed off their mocap work.

Segment 8: Action games

Heart Abyss (TBD) is a planned episodic series of action-platformers with an emphasis on fast movement and brawling.

Promenade (2023) is a charming looking 2D platformer where you have a bird friend in your backpack (but not THAT bird friend)

Nocturnal (out today) is an atmospheric action platformer themed around fighting against the darkness with a fire sword that can light torches.

(no picture available)
Corrupt (TBA) is a fighting game with kind of drab and dark visuals. Good luck but, this market's kind of already got a lot of top heat.

Crypt Custodian (2024) is a top-down Metroidvania dungeon crawler where you play an afterlife janitor who looks a little like Mao Mao. By the dev of Islets and Sheepo. The dude loves to make Metroidvanias!

Gori: Cuddly Carnage (2023) is one of those games that looks better in motion than stills because boy howdy is it hard to find an appealing still image. But it does look pretty slick in motion (well, it's still really garish with its crunchy colors/contrast). You're a skateboarding cat beating the poo poo out of 'cute' enemies, character-action style.

GRIME: Tinge of Terror (out today) is a new DLC expansion to Grime (sorry for the old screenshot as new screens weren't available yet) for NG+ players which adds new attack patterns to enemies and new progression elements.

Dawn of the Monsters (available) is a kaiju brawling game published by WayForward which also announced a NG+ DLC today, along with a new character and additional stuff.

---

Another decent showing of indie games of all kinds, though there was nothing truly standout, like, say, Plucky Squire. There is also a Publisher Spotlight happening but I will post it separately since this post was enormous as is.

too many games! but always a few i add to the wishlist to keep an eye on, thanks.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/pixel-pride?partner=nintendeal

Pixel Pride bundle is up on HumbleBundle

$7 gets you:

quote:

Celeste
Later Alligator
Bad End Theater
Get in the car loser !

$12 gets the above plus

quote:

Boyfriend Dungeon
Growing Up
Lesbian Animal RPG

Also:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/fanatical-favorites-build-your-own-bundle

Fanatical Favorites
2 for $5.99/3 for $7.99/5 for $11.99

quote:

Broken Pieces
Alfred Hitchcock - Vertigo
Warhammer: Chaosbane - Slayer Edition
Dreamscaper
House Builder
Switchforce Collection
Farmer's life
Snooker 19
Bound by blades
Song of horror
Creaks
Dark Deity
RoundGuard
The Metronomicon - deluxe edition
Interrogation
One more Island
GodStrike
CHESS ULTRA

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Holy gently caress World of Horror 1.0

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Been waiting for remnant 2 to say something more specific than “summer” for long enough that I’m expecting it to be september 22, even if it doesn’t land in sweeney jail

I wanna REMNANT (too)

Manac0r
Oct 25, 2010

"Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most..."
The man needs no introduction on this thread, but I have hacked and slashed my way through the jungles of Cambodia to post this:

Thank you to Kragger99 - your random act of kindness will be paid forward.

Content: Sf 6 is the bomb and thanks to my fellow goon I will be creating a batman-esque character for the single player mode. Also Warhammer 40K: Boltgun is amazing, the gun play rocks and you all need to check it out when you can.

<3

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I was on the fence about Boltgun, but everyone I've talked about it has basically said the same thing - has nice aesthetics, feels good in the beginning, but it's way too long and gets really tedious after a while. A friend said that in the beginning he was ready to declare it GOTY, but towards the end he was already bored of tedious level design and the sheer length. YMMV, but peer reviews didn't exactly sell it to me even though I was kinda interested.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

fit em all up in there posted:

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/pixel-pride?partner=nintendeal

Pixel Pride bundle is up on HumbleBundle

$7 gets you:

$12 gets the above plus

Also:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-and-mix/fanatical-favorites-build-your-own-bundle

Fanatical Favorites
2 for $5.99/3 for $7.99/5 for $11.99

That Pride bundle looks pretty sweet

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Unlucky7 posted:

Nah I think that is pretty reasonable.

AI voice generation is absolutely not plagiarism. Like there is no possible argument to that effect. And AI art generation is plagiarism like if I learned to draw owls from following a book on how to draw owls and now if I draw an owl I'm just plagiarizing that book, which is not how anybody understands plagiarism.

The kneejerk 'AI bad' stuff everywhere is pretty disappointing in terms of how little people understand how the technology works. If you want to complain the results aren't very good, then that is reasonable.

Mozi fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jun 7, 2023

rox
Sep 7, 2016

drat horror queefs posted:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
it’s because everyone with an ounce of sense immediately understood that “AI” and everything associated with it sucks poo poo from a tailpipe, OP

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

it’s because everyone with an ounce of sense immediately understood that “AI” and everything associated with it sucks poo poo from a tailpipe, OP

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Also there's the ethical concerns

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

It's closer to jamming someone else's art into that how-to-draw book and then selling the book without telling the original artist, really. It's an attempt to turn some other publishing apparatus into digesting and making GBS threads out other people's work for your own profit.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Really didn’t like Remnant 1 but 2 looks like a good upgrade

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

FastestGunAlive posted:

Really didn’t like Remnant 1 but 2 looks like a good upgrade

“what if we made this more like bloodborne”

I don’t know, what if I gave you sixty american dollars

Orv
May 4, 2011

Mozi posted:

AI voice generation is absolutely not plagiarism. Like there is no possible argument to that effect. And AI art generation is plagiarism like if I learned to draw owls from following a book on how to draw owls and now if I draw an owl I'm just plagiarizing that book, which is not how anybody understands plagiarism.

The kneejerk 'AI bad' stuff everywhere is pretty disappointing in terms of how little people understand how the technology works. If you want to complain the results aren't very good, then that is reasonable.

Yeah naw the current leading art models are literally an amalgamation engine trained exclusively on unasked permission from basically any remotely internet present artist. You can talk about how it’s actually learning how to draw by studying patterns in art and poo poo like that all you want but if the end result is every third picture just looks indistinguishably like [successful internet artist]’s work it’s just a plagiarism engine.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I can't look at AI chat the same way again after a goon (Rutibex) compared the AI to a human toddler, and then asked it to make Princess Peach softcore.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

TeaJay posted:

I was on the fence about Boltgun, but everyone I've talked about it has basically said the same thing - has nice aesthetics, feels good in the beginning, but it's way too long and gets really tedious after a while. A friend said that in the beginning he was ready to declare it GOTY, but towards the end he was already bored of tedious level design and the sheer length. YMMV, but peer reviews didn't exactly sell it to me even though I was kinda interested.
It's fine. The level design is nothing special but it improves as it goes on and the weapon and movement feel go a long way towards making the shooting fun. Not GOTY or anything it's a solid 7-8/10.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Orv posted:

Yeah naw the current leading art models are literally an amalgamation engine trained exclusively on unasked permission from basically any remotely internet present artist. You can talk about how it’s actually learning how to draw by studying patterns in art and poo poo like that all you want but if the end result is every third picture just looks indistinguishably like [successful internet artist]’s work it’s just a plagiarism engine.
But if you did this by hand, it would be fine.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

No Wave posted:

Plagiarism for profit can get you in trouble even if it's done by hand, this isn't some gotcha. And building a machine to automate it is still going to be worse.

Orv
May 4, 2011

No Wave posted:

Yeah for sure

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Some goons still refuse to buy a gamepad to play games on PC. AI talk is not going to be very productive.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

People working in AI being incapable of understanding the ethical quandaries or consequences of their work is some real life imitates art poo poo

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Det_no posted:

Some goons still refuse to buy a gamepad to play games on PC. AI talk is not going to be very productive.

they can never be real yakuza

Orv
May 4, 2011

Runa posted:

People working in AI being incapable of understanding the ethical quandaries or consequences of their work is some real life imitates art poo poo

It is perhaps the fastest way to get some doofus to show their entire rear end in recent memory by crying about how people just don’t get it and this decade is the decade of rear end showing

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
It could be worse, nobody has made the argument that AI is seizing the means of production from Big Art yet.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Ban all AI. If you want a picture of Spongebob dancing with Donald Trump you need to have a floating skull to draw it for you.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Whoa, thanks! I wishlisted a bunch of those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

I've been playing though System Shock 2023 (the remaster). They did a really good job of it. The controls work (gamepad is pretty floaty so I've been playing kb+m).

Graphics look good. The intro story is short, sweet, and wonderfully effective. Everything is terrible, it's the player's fault, and if they want to survive, they have to fix it. Mostly by shooting everyone they see. It works really well.

The main thing that struck me is that you can really see a straight through-line from System Shock to Prey. It was really surprising to me just how much was carried forward. Prey has often been called the spiritual successor to System Shock 2, but I never felt like that label quite fit. Prey is, however, a very clear iteration on the ideas in System Shock. Both games have spooky, survival-horror elements, but are primarily FPS's.

One thing that I have mixed feelings about is how few changes the System Shock remaster made. There's no quest tracking at all. You have to listen to/read and remember audio logs, often from an hour or more ago, to know what you're supposed to be doing. Important key codes are presented as just numbers on TV screens, not entirely dissimilar from purely cosmetic displays. There's a real sense of discovery and place, but it's also not a convenient game to pick up an put down.

The hacking elements are trippy. They basically put a flight simulator in their fps. Saving is disabled. You have to successfully fly around and shoot everything in one try or start over from the beginning of the "hack." It's the best implementation of a distinct hacking layer I've ever seen and peak 80s cyberpunk.

The ups significantly outweigh the downs. It's a good game.