Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

gently caress ronald regan, gently caress ronald dahl, gently caress ronald mcdonald

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
ronald reagan was a reactionary rear end in a top hat, but on the other hand he also put the us empire on the road to irrevocable decline so its impossible to say if he was good or bad

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

im getting insanely mad about dr. cornell west for all of his bad politics because if he wins the presidency of the united states he might make america bad!!! wake up people!!!!!!!

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

*seeing a bad tweet from another 9999 year old liberal* thats IT!!! can i find NO ONE from whom i can uncritically accept all political thought so i don't have to shoulder the burdens of "analysis" or "using my noggin in general"??

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
That's why I support him. America has been good for too long. Time to make a heel turn.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

im getting insanely mad about dr. cornell west for all of his bad politics because if he wins the presidency of the united states he might make america bad!!! wake up people!!!!!!!

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i will be voting for Cornel West and/or Ronald Reagan

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
just learned the news! harvard 'professor' cornball west needs to study harder! what a mess!

:sniff:

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

really queer Christmas posted:

Imagine not even living in New jesery and being a jets fan. Disgusting

growing up a Jets fan did no favors for my chronic juvenile depression

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Weka posted:

That's why I support him. America has been good for too long. Time to make a heel turn.

vote Sgt. Slaughter/Iron Sheik 2024

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

He's freaking normalizing transphobia! President Biden was *this* loving close to finally ending bigotry, and now it's all ruined because of Cornel West.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Jerry Cournelle West

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

content postin' in the The Brother Doctor Cornel West 2024 Thread thread

https://twitter.com/SlimJosa/status/1666948379086057474

gently caress Pat Robertson forever

https://twitter.com/ohcomrade1/status/1667208981507391491

ending the war would be a net good, I don't think the US is the right arbitrator for the job however

https://twitter.com/thenation/status/1666882847993372672

the current succ take

https://twitter.com/CornelWest/status/1666674438946050048

West courting a titan of the entertainment industry

https://twitter.com/IMDibe/status/1666263381311889410

I'm sure this will forever silence the claims of anti-Semitism directed at West; now, to take a sip of water

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
West/Avakian 2024

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

What I'm getting from this is that although West has considerably better politics, Robertson has done more to help the poor than West ever will.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/SeanMcCarthyCom/status/1659700066180026370?t=vLUGCzAzN7WM5lLZk-sGHQ&s=19

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Lmfao

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1667535403463704580

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Glenn's right

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
:rip: :10bux:

https://twitter.com/PopulistSage/status/1667036241395589121

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

is it a party? is it an organization? we don't know. it's very loose. it's an ideologically diverse group of people working together to fight the corporate duopoly. it's a work in progress. oh it's a non-profit. ah the president's father is the treasurer and also a real-estate developer and metro D.C. area landlord.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the green party's previous candidate was a russiagating loser in spite of the mccarthyist smears on stein it's understandable

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 56 days!
maybe ill join my local people's party office and push them left from the inside

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lmao at brutalist putting in this much work to discredit Cornel West.

Too much of an outsider candidate?

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 56 days!
blue moses

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Mr Hootington posted:

Lmao at brutalist putting in this much work to discredit Cornel West.

Too much of an outsider candidate?
way too outside. but the people's party can send a message to the establishment by contacting joebidendoesn'tgiveafuck@whitehouse.gov

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

comedyblissoption posted:

the green party's previous candidate was a russiagating loser in spite of the mccarthyist smears on stein it's understandable

whats her opinion on ronald reagan?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

way too outside. but the people's party can send a message to the establishment by contacting joebidendoesn'tgiveafuck@whitehouse.gov

Cornel West is a threat to China. :twisted:

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/DrJillStein/status/772837995863011328

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

lol

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

I work at the same college as Cornell West's current (and sixth) wife. She emails the entire faculty with weird poo poo occasionally.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Maxwells Demon posted:

I work at the same college as Cornell West's current (and sixth) wife. She emails the entire faculty with weird poo poo occasionally.

That does it. I'm voting for Trump.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Cornell West harem anime

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

In Training posted:

That does it. I'm voting for Trump.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 56 days!
im still on the fence. what kind of weird poo poo op

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

croup coughfield posted:

im still on the fence. what kind of weird poo poo op
well, if it's an op, i have a hard time making sense of the reason for it. the liberal line that "he's gonna take votes from biden" doesn't make sense. how many votes would west realistically get on the "people's party" ticket? which isn't even a party. RFK jr. who is running in the democratic primary actually seems like the roger stone ratfucking candidate who could at least cause some trouble for biden even if it's at the level of being an annoying presence.

but then i thought, what if that's the point? west's "campaign" being a waste of time is the point. who does west appeal to other than "leftists" in a general sense anyways? nobody, that's who! and those are the people you wanna shunt into a no-hoper candidate (like a professor with shock hair) where they can be isolated and ignored. and then once it's over you shut it down. and if they're doing that instead of supporting RFK jr. and being annoying then all the better. west is kinda odd too because he's "alternative" and lefty in a general way but he's not annoying, and his tone is like a moderate liberal, it's christian inspired and is about "bringing people together." the "radical" candidate for the left is hardly radical at all, he just has radical "opinions." and it's a different attitude from "the CIA killed my dad" even if RFK is a crank or whatever.

biden also wants to move to the right in 2024. so he's not really losing anything if he loses the leftists to cornel west. it might even help him.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 10:34 on Jun 12, 2023

Weka
May 5, 2019

Imo campaign for RFK in the primary, West in the general and vote Trump. As far as you want to have anything to do with electoral politics.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
RFK jr is the true joker mode candidate.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

well, if it's an op, i have a hard time making sense of the reason for it. the liberal line that "he's gonna take votes from biden" doesn't make sense. how many votes would west realistically get on the "people's party" ticket? which isn't even a party. RFK jr. who is running in the democratic primary actually seems like the roger stone ratfucking candidate who could at least cause some trouble for biden even if it's at the level of being an annoying presence.

but then i thought, what if that's the point? west's "campaign" being a waste of time is the point. who does west appeal to other than "leftists" in a general sense anyways? nobody, that's who! and those are the people you wanna shunt into a no-hoper candidate (like a professor with shock hair) where they can be isolated and ignored. and then once it's over you shut it down. and if they're doing that instead of supporting RFK jr. and being annoying then all the better. west is kinda odd too because he's "alternative" and lefty in a general way but he's not annoying, and his tone is like a moderate liberal, it's christian inspired and is about "bringing people together." the "radical" candidate for the left is hardly radical at all, he just has radical "opinions." and it's a different attitude from "the CIA killed my dad" even if RFK is a crank or whatever.

biden also wants to move to the right in 2024. so he's not really losing anything if he loses the leftists to cornel west. it might even help him.

bidens not gonna lose the primary, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

fart simpson posted:

bidens not gonna lose the primary, op
he won't and RFK jr. has less of a shot than ted in '80 who was a senator, but realistically if you wanted to cause problems for biden and just gently caress with the guy, you'd try to primary him.

this is a meta discussion though but i see this argument that cornel west is good because he's running "third party" and "at least he's not a democrat" but that's essentially a religious argument. west is offering religious cope for bernouts.