Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol at regressives, they denie germ theory, masks, and Roni, but then they also think perfect copy cloning is also a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Also they believe everything they see in movies

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Fear and loathing was a documentary and its events were recorded in real time

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
I noticed that worthless waste of life didn't post a picture of himself. Probably hard to promote being The Übermensch when you look like someone kicked a meatloaf across a barber shop floor.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
good meatloaf is a nice gbd crust and some sort of red sauce glaze. its not white and lumpy.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TulliusCicero posted:

It's amazing how the Red Head "Liberterian" account just goes full Nazi already, like every "Oh I'm just a free thinker" loving chud ever. Like just say you love Hitler, no one on that platform cares; stop being a coward

Like "sterilization of undesirables" is like what, right before the ghettos and camps?

Part of the current brainworms going around is that autistic kids just don't know any better, they are poor wee helpless bairns. So the scary trans convince them to transition and that sterilizes them.

pacerwpg
Apr 18, 2023

Midnight Voyager posted:

Part of the current brainworms going around is that autistic kids just don't know any better, they are poor wee helpless bairns. So the scary trans convince them to transition and that sterilizes them.

Conservative brainworms travel so fast. You can hear about something for the first time and within two days it's part of right wing orthodoxy.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

pacerwpg posted:

Conservative brainworms travel so fast. You can hear about something for the first time and within two days it's part of right wing orthodoxy.

Genuinely true, I heard it from one person a few days ago and suddenly I'm hearing it all over the drat place.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's because someone typoed "trains" isn't it

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Midnight Voyager posted:

law of projection says regressives want to sterilizes certain demographics.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

graynull posted:

I noticed that worthless waste of life didn't post a picture of himself. Probably hard to promote being The Übermensch when you look like someone kicked a meatloaf across a barber shop floor.

The Worlds Strongest Man and Cerberus Strength both made statements this week supporting LGBTQ rights and the comments quickly became a bunch of actual Pros making fun of the people who were complaining, it was great. Martins Licis was making fun of some bigots deadlift at one point

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

B-Rock452 posted:

The Worlds Strongest Man and Cerberus Strength both made statements this week supporting LGBTQ rights and the comments quickly became a bunch of actual Pros making fun of the people who were complaining, it was great. Martins Licis was making fun of some bigots deadlift at one point

drat that's awesome.

WSM did some USA Vs UK thing recently where men and women competed together and it was awesome. All the comments I saw were completely in support of it, and talking about how badass the women were. Surprisingly progressive crowd.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

PhazonLink posted:

law of projection says regressives want to sterilizes certain demographics.

The Nazis (including the ones in the US who loving invented eugenics) particularly wanted to go after people with Autism

Can't imagine why a group of boot stomping unethical fascist fuckwads would want to demonize people who think differently than them, really a mystery for the ages

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Roblo posted:

drat that's awesome.

WSM did some USA Vs UK thing recently where men and women competed together and it was awesome. All the comments I saw were completely in support of it, and talking about how badass the women were. Surprisingly progressive crowd.

Yeah I competed at a new comp earlier this year and the guy running it opened up a non binary category and essentially posted if you have a problem with this gently caress off. Because of him the Magnus Qualifiers next year have non binary classes as well. The Arnold just had their first non binary competitor this year.

A lot of this is because Rob Kearny aka worlds strongest gay has done tons of work to advocate for inclusion and guys like Big Loz (he is regarded as the top analyst/commentator in strongman right now) stood up for him pretty early on.

And it's also helped by the fact that a lot of us are just kind of weirdos or outsiders so the community overall is just very welcoming because of that.

As for talking about how badass the women are, easily the most badass moment of the Arnold this year was this deadlift
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpYOK3csS_x/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

PhazonLink posted:

good meatloaf is a nice gbd crust and some sort of red sauce glaze. its not white and lumpy.
Pork loin, then.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

:stare:

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

pacerwpg posted:

To be fair(?), I first heard it a year or two ago it's just now hitting the mainstream.

.random
May 7, 2007

Ok, so, super impressive she was able to maintain concentration throughout but what I don’t see is who was spraying the ketchup on her while she was deadlifting

pacerwpg
Apr 18, 2023

.random posted:

Ok, so, super impressive she was able to maintain concentration throughout but what I don’t see is who was spraying the ketchup on her while she was deadlifting

I was eating fries just out of frame and the Heinz glass bottle wasn't giving me my ketchup. A few taps resulted in that little whoopsie.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Rad Russian posted:

It's the main GOP talking point until the 2024 election, so it won't stop being discussed at this volume until then.

Interestingly critical race theory sort of went away for now, even though it was the biggest issue a couple of years ago. School book bans etc are focused on gay stuff now. Two years before that, it was the immigrant caravan. I think this stuff is on exact two-year cycles, correlating with US elections (main and midterm are at two-year intervals).
Yeah seems to be

Rad Russian posted:

It's a Musk thread, not necessarily politics thread but the indication so far is that that it is all Musk is going to talk about now (including endorsing DeSantis on his platform). Instead of things that are his actual job, like promoting the Cybertruck which is supposed to start production this summer. Or talking about Mars. I guess Mars is not important anymore for him compared to LGBT stuff.
Yeah I've checked myself being like "why are people talking about cars and rockets in here?" and then being like oh right thats supposed to be this guys thing traditionally and its not a Right Wing Media thread so that makes sense it would be there. I've gotten so used to that being the first thing I think about when I see the game is right wing trolling.

Kale fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jun 7, 2023

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

quote:

- Tesla stock rallied more than 3% to $229 in early trading, helped by the federal government’s confirmation Tesla’s cars qualify for a $7,500 tax credit and the Mongolian government’s indication it’s open to hosting a Tesla battery factory.

- Musk’s firm now trades at its highest level since November 1, 2022.

- After cratering to a two-year low in early January, Tesla shares are up 111%, the third-largest return of any company in the S&P 500, which is up 12% this year.

- That rally has propelled Musk to once again become the richest person on the planet, according to Forbes’ calculations, topping LVMH chairman Bernard Arnault for the first time in six months; Musk was worth $216 billion Wednesday, up nearly 50% since late 2022
https://www.forbes.com/sites/dereksaul/2023/06/07/tesla-stock-soars-to-2023-high-up-more-than-110-from-january-low/?sh=28c761b54282

To the moon! :cheerdoge:

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

mongolia mongolia or china mongolia?

i forget the disctinction but china mongolia is like the part near china and the rest is mongolia mongolia. the first one is a pretty cool place the 2nd is a human rights violation.

im assuming china mongolia since china has rems to use in those batterys and factorys. where as mongolia mongolia is kinda poor =(

snergle fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 8, 2023

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

Muskalo Right Wings

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

graynull posted:

That is a very... visceral image. Thank you.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
As for talking about how badass the women are, easily the most badass moment of the Arnold this year was this deadlift
[/quote]

Jesus

Is that safe

Seems like how to give yourself a stroke

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

snergle posted:

mongolia mongolia or china mongolia?

i forget the disctinction but china mongolia is like the part near china and the rest is mongolia mongolia. the first one is a pretty cool place the 2nd is a human rights violation.

im assuming china mongolia since china has rems to use in those batterys and factorys. where as mongolia mongolia is kinda poor =(

Mongolia Mongolia. If they meant the part of China they would have said Inner Mongolia.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

B-Rock452 posted:

Yeah I competed at a new comp earlier this year and the guy running it opened up a non binary category and essentially posted if you have a problem with this gently caress off. Because of him the Magnus Qualifiers next year have non binary classes as well. The Arnold just had their first non binary competitor this year.

A lot of this is because Rob Kearny aka worlds strongest gay has done tons of work to advocate for inclusion and guys like Big Loz (he is regarded as the top analyst/commentator in strongman right now) stood up for him pretty early on.

And it's also helped by the fact that a lot of us are just kind of weirdos or outsiders so the community overall is just very welcoming because of that.

there's something about people supplementing piles of hormones that makes it easy to see just how loving stupid it is to define people in terms of their hormone levels. plus, yknow, probably the only people other than an endocrinologist that most people using (or even just knowing about the use of) hormones for strength sports will ever run into who can have a convo about hormone use are trans people.

I used to get asked fairly regularly by people transitioning what they could do in the gym to look more masculine/feminine, too

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005

Herstory Begins Now posted:

there's something about people supplementing piles of hormones that makes it easy to see just how loving stupid it is to define people in terms of their hormone levels. plus, yknow, probably the only people other than an endocrinologist that most people using (or even just knowing about the use of) hormones for strength sports will ever run into who can have a convo about hormone use are trans people.

I used to get asked fairly regularly by people transitioning what they could do in the gym to look more masculine/feminine, too

So I am gonna preface this by saying I don't use test or any supplementation like that but I also don't have a problem with people using and I don't really consider it cheating. But there is actually a bit of an underground movement going where strength athletes are making themselves available to help trans men and women get the hormones they need.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol it got deleted

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1666594707621773312
Blocking people on twitter :qq: :mods:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

kazil posted:

lol it got deleted

Elon: I am a free speech absolutist.

Also Elon: We need to develop a more powerful tool to censor people on my free speech website.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

PhazonLink posted:

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

nine-gear crow posted:

Elon: I am a free speech absolutist.

Also Elon: We need to develop a more powerful tool to censor people on my free speech website.

I think it's the opposite. A chud is complaining to daddy Elon that a leftist is using tools to target a specific audience and block trolls. Elon probably doesn't have a clue what he's talking about, but he sees a pro-LGBTQ headline and a vague accusation of cheating(?). He also wants an excuse to make the site more lovely, by removing a major advertising tool and an invaluable moderating tool. He doesn't WANT to kill Twitter, but he's being damned efficient at it.

anonumos fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 8, 2023

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

kazil posted:

lol it got deleted

Pretty sure someone here - I don't remember who it was - predicted that this was the next step for Apartheid Clyde.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Pretty sure someone here - I don't remember who it was - predicted that this was the next step for Apartheid Clyde.

We're probably not far away from Elon just publicly doxxing someone's home address and private contact information via a tweet because they said or did something to piss him off and his lawyer couldn't grab his phone out of his hands in time.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
It’s funny that Shawn’s prediction of musk fumbling his way back to having the same regulations as old twitter had one flaw - that musk is too loving dumb to even fumble his way back to something that can be successful

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

lol at regressives, they denie germ theory, masks, and Roni, but then they also think perfect copy cloning is also a thing.

All you need to do is seal semen inside a cucurbit and putrefy it for forty days.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Regrettable posted:

The Q crowd have been freaking out about adrenochrome for a few years now and it's because of a single line in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas where Dr. Gonzo says the only way to get adrenochrome is from the adrenaline glands of living human bodies. Because chuds are stupid and don't realize that Hunter S. Thompson's stories were exaggerated and even if most things in them were real those guys were completely out of their minds on tons of psychedelics and other drugs.

Meanwhile, adrenochrome is just a boring and not particularly useful substance that you can actually synthesize fairly easily in a lab if you have the reagents. It's also a coagulant among other things, so taking a bunch of it would potentially be dangerous and not at all some kind of life-extending wonder drug.

Far-right conspiracies are so lazy and stupid.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Never seen a stronger proof for a quoted post.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

priznat posted:

It’s funny that Shawn’s prediction of musk fumbling his way back to having the same regulations as old twitter had one flaw - that musk is too loving dumb to even fumble his way back to something that can be successful
Musk is going to wreck it beyond recognition before he fumbles his way back (if at all), so it was giving him way too much credit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

He can't fumble his way through naming a kid.