Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

comically enough I looked up who has died on this day and

merry gipper christmas

His funeral was the only thing on TV when my daughter was born. It was terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

idk, hell of a way to welcome her to the world: "good news sweetie satan's dead"

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Jesus III posted:

His funeral was the only thing on TV when my daughter was born. It was terrible
she is his reincarnation, which i guess is appropriate for the child of jesus iii

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

another step in the cycle of samsara

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
Hundred Ganandorfs to every link. No wonder he sleeps in. Must be exhausted.

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

i clean toilets now (it's a living). today i was contemplating a very deliberate mess and it was like doing a forensic analysis of blood spatter dynamics, except in this case it was piss spatter dynamics and my brilliant conclusion was that someone had stood upright on the toilet bowl and sprayed forth from that elevated height with great fury. i am sherlock holmes

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

BRJurgis posted:

Hundred Ganandorfs to every link.

I remember this hentai

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

a strange fowl posted:

i am sherlock holmes
Groindexter

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Paracaidas posted:

Groindexter

A regular Hercule Poorot.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

a strange fowl posted:

i clean toilets now (it's a living). today i was contemplating a very deliberate mess and it was like doing a forensic analysis of blood spatter dynamics, except in this case it was piss spatter dynamics and my brilliant conclusion was that someone had stood upright on the toilet bowl and sprayed forth from that elevated height with great fury. i am sherlock holmes

People are really awful in public bathrooms.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

a strange fowl posted:

The last thing I ever want to have to do in this life is clean the ladies' room after last call

I've seen some things

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

a strange fowl posted:

i used to clean bar bathrooms and it was doing poo poo like this that got me through it

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

a strange fowl posted:

loving animals. Janitorial work is much more useful than what the vast majority of people do (which is why it's poo poo pay), so at least you can take heart in how essential your labor is. A big part of living under late capitalism is just steadily downgrading the hope and optimism that one has in youth.

I think that everyone that works in offices or whatever should contribute to janitorial work. There wouldn't be nearly as many people pissing all over toilet seats if the toilet seat pissers occasionally had to clean it up themselves. It's not like they do that at home (or I hope not), but it's only when they think they can make it the problem of someone they don't respect.

:nws:

I'm glad you're honing your poo poo detective skills. Another fun game is to try to make eye contact with people who think you're beneath them. They get really weird about it.

cat botherer fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jun 8, 2023

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

One time at the local after work we discovered that someone wasn't able to get into the sit-down toilet for a poo poo because some prick had locked it then climbed over to make it permanently "in use," so this guy had had to use one of the urinals.

Always remember the gagging noises the bartender made as he tried to deal with the aftermath.

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
Put pants and a pair of boots in the small and do that. Never have to clean the toilet again.

Also having fun idea about putting cardboard cutouts of people inside porta potties.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
NANCY POO I can’t believe it took me this long to say Nancy Poo

In case this is too American I should explain there’s a long-running kids book series about a teen girl detective named Nancy Drew

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

:aaaaa:

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I was working at a Petco a few years back and some kid (like a teenager, not a toddler) poo poo on the floor as a hilarious joke. And when his dad who was in another part of the store found out, he laughed and they left without cleaning it up.

I also got screamed at in the park once because some guy got pissed off that I told his idiot kid that he shouldn't chase and scare the birds at the park.

People suck.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Professor Beetus posted:

I was working at a Petco a few years back and some kid (like a teenager, not a toddler) poo poo on the floor as a hilarious joke. And when his dad who was in another part of the store found out, he laughed and they left without cleaning it up.

christ that's horrible

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

christ that's horrible

I finally escaped retail a month ago and got a job with the state, and I am looking in that rearview with a smile on my face. I'll loving go homeless before spending another god drat day working in retail.

e: working retail or food service should be a compulsory service for a couple years after graduation from either high school OR college, like Israel does with the IDF except without killing children, ideally.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
yeah, really though. it's insane how blithely people make extra unnecessary work for others. parents letting their kids get handprints all over clean glass still gets to me

when i was in food service we had people be mad assholes to the staff, but never quite that scatological

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Something I chose not to mention in my previous post: it was diarrhoea.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Tesseraction posted:

Something I chose not to mention in my previous post: it was diarrhoea.

Thankfully the only time we had diarrhea on the floor was when a mastiff wandered down the center aisle leaving a liquid poo poo trail behind him. I would have been more upset but to this day it's one of the funniest images I can conjure in my mind.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Professor Beetus posted:

Thankfully the only time we had diarrhea on the floor was when a mastiff wandered down the center aisle leaving a liquid poo poo trail behind him. I would have been more upset but to this day it's one of the funniest images I can conjure in my mind.

big dogs with diarrhea are scary. i once was walking a roomates giant mutt, apparently it had a tummy ache and proceeded to literally shoot a stream of liquid poo poo like two feet behind itself. absolutely coated a neighbor's flowerbed. i've never seen anything like it

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

big dogs with diarrhea are scary. i once was walking a roomates giant mutt, apparently it had a tummy ache and proceeded to literally shoot a stream of liquid poo poo like two feet behind itself. absolutely coated a neighbor's flowerbed. i've never seen anything like it

owns

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Professor Beetus posted:

I finally escaped retail a month ago and got a job with the state, and I am looking in that rearview with a smile on my face. I'll loving go homeless before spending another god drat day working in retail.
i'll clean a thousand toilets after dark before i ever get behind a checkout again. no customers, the conditions are so much better, and tbh it's more hygienic than doing groceries, forensic pissology and all (you get that in retail too, it's just more of a pain in the rear end to clean up)

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

a strange fowl posted:

i'll clean a thousand toilets after dark before i ever get behind a checkout again. no customers, the conditions are so much better, and tbh it's more hygienic than doing groceries, forensic pissology and all (you get that in retail too, it's just more of a pain in the rear end to clean up)

Yeah, you're just expected to be a janitor in addition to all the other poo poo you don't have time to do. I once had to clean up a bunch of blood smeared all over our bathroom floor because some guy came in and did wound care in the shitter.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
guy who buys decks of cards to illustrate each one. not to sell or play any games, they just keep piling up

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Cease to Hope posted:

guy who buys decks of cards to illustrate each one. not to sell or play any games, they just keep piling up

i could see doing this with different tarot card styles

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i have really bad self preservation instincts, but i like to believe that if i came into work to find out the nuclear secrets boxes had fallen over and spilled the iranian invasion plans all over the floor, and my employer was standing there saying "haha, we're guilty of multiple federal felonies", i would quit

GhostofJohnMuir fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jun 9, 2023

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i have really bad self preservation instincts, but i like to believe that if i came into work to find out the nuclear secrets boxes had fallen over and spilled the iranian invasion plans all over the floor, and my employer was standing there saying "haha, we're guilty of multiple federal felonies", i would quite

blackmail ur boss

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
guy who keeps getting igneous intrusive and igneous extrusive switched, even though it comes up in conversation all the time

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

guy who kept a bunch of records despite the fbi asking for them back repeatedly until he became the first former president in history to be charged with federal crimes

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

did you clean it up??

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

mawarannahr posted:

did you clean it up??

no, i hate my neighbors and relish any chance to slight them

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
my roommates dog once ate a rotting pile of deer guts someone dumped at the end of the road. i came home to the second worst smell ive smelt and a wall coated in poo poo

threw away the towels i used instead of tainting the washing machine

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

World Famous W posted:

i came home to the second worst smell ive smelt and a wall coated in poo poo
what was the worst

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
a neighbors labrador retriever got snake bit, crawled under our shed and died. we didn't find it for a week or so and when we did I had to crawl under there to tie a rope around it so we could drag it out.

it left several parts of itself during the removal

i can't smell decay to this day without that crawl space flowing back

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 9, 2023

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

:stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022