Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

https://twitter.com/planethunter56/status/1666630556271120384

lue's clues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Vernii posted:

My bet on how this disclosure plays out: acknowledgement that aliens are real but also that the US government doesn't know much about them: no contact, no reverse engineered ships, just a bunch of exotic gizmos and debris that have been stashed away in high-security hangars.

Society gets rocked by the realization that we aren't alone and also goes even more insane because none of the new existential questions are being answered. Cults and grifters have a new golden age, evangelicals double down on demons and get real fanatic about it, new and exciting forms of fringe politics and chud thought pop up. Rent is still due and work still sucks, conspiracy theories shift accordingly towards how the feds are secretly keeping the Earth from joining the Galactic Federation.

It would be worth it to get to watch all the rapid political realignment

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Vernii posted:

My bet on how this disclosure plays out: acknowledgement that aliens are real but also that the US government doesn't know much about them: no contact, no reverse engineered ships, just a bunch of exotic gizmos and debris that have been stashed away in high-security hangars.

Society gets rocked by the realization that we aren't alone and also goes even more insane because none of the new existential questions are being answered. Cults and grifters have a new golden age, evangelicals double down on demons and get real fanatic about it, new and exciting forms of fringe politics and chud thought pop up. Rent is still due and work still sucks, conspiracy theories shift accordingly towards how the feds are secretly keeping the Earth from joining the Galactic Federation.

If we acknowledge will they make contact? It's possible they don't want to shock us. Lol I wouldn't want to shock the hairless psycho apes either. Maybe they are waiting for general acceptance before they reach out.

At the very least once it's acknowledged you will have all kinds of groups trying to be the first to make contact.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I've been playing my guitar again recently, and i'm gonna learn some bluegrass so i can make money performing their favorite exotic human music, because i am certain one outcome of disclosure is gonna be the little guys walking around and seeing the sights openly, since their end-game is turning us into pets

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

Riot Bimbo posted:

I've been playing my guitar again recently, and i'm gonna learn some bluegrass so i can make money performing their favorite exotic human music, because i am certain one outcome of disclosure is gonna be the little guys walking around and seeing the sights openly, since their end-game is turning us into pets

hmu if you need a skype jam buddy.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Vernii posted:

evangelicals double down on demons and get real fanatic about it

This is the thing I'm dreading. I know people who are convinced that any aliens we encounter will actually be demons in league with the antichrist.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Basic Poster posted:

hmu if you need a skype jam buddy.

i am just good enough to noodle around that will maybe impress anybody except actual musicians; you don't wanna jam with me lol

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Animal-Mother posted:

This is the thing I'm dreading. I know people who are convinced that any aliens we encounter will actually be demons in league with the antichrist.

they're right

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

gileadexile posted:

The past couple of days I've been almost constantly bombarding my wife with links and screenshots from the thread. She's skeptical but open to the possibility and sees the mounting evidence as interesting.

Since having my own sighting late last year, I switched from an open minded skeptic to wanting all of it all of the time. It almost felt like a religious experience.

One idea I told her is that these were probes or craft sent by an earlier civilization and they've come back and are either trying to find their senders to report findings or something else.

Doesn't exactly feel right, but that would certainly leave one feeling somber and there would be no need for brain stretching explanations of FTL travel.

Although thinking that we absolutely know all the rules and that we're at the end of history regarding physics is conceited as poo poo and I don't subscribe to that thought whatsoever, never have.

I guess I'm just filled with thinking that no matter how far we think we've come, there is still so far we can go. And that we may not have to rely on the egos and whims of the super rich to continue as a species.

Thanks for keeping it weird UFO thread.
Have you posted about this experience before?

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
It's not just evangelicals. I can't fathom the worldwide repercussions for religions alone if disclosure actually happened.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

more grusch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCmsK7-k6mI

tangible technical football-field-sized craft observed up close and personal, "more concerning videos" than gimbal/gofast

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

There are circumstances where i'm on the demon train, but it bascially requires disclosure fall along pretty specific lines, and confirmation of certain phenomena.

I think it's dumb to rule out possibilities when nothing is known. Like, they could be 'demons', and 'demons' might not be malevolent as depicted, or the relationship to that term might be significant, but not direct, if that makes sense? Like they could be the source of phenomena and encounters that are described as demonic in literature and whatnot, without being metaphysically malevolent arch-enemies of god and mankind?

Rule nothing out lol. Don't get sloppy with this stuff just because evangelicals suck rear end

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

Doublepost.

cat botherer has issued a correction as of 05:54 on Jun 8, 2023

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

Zisky posted:

It's not just evangelicals. I can't fathom the worldwide repercussions for religions alone if disclosure actually happened.

the United States Air Force?

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

Zoobtro posted:

idk, just drunk posting in the best thread ever
hell yeah brother

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Zisky posted:

I can.
It'll be fine, it's cool.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

what if they're djinn?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
is marrying a djin is permissible if it does not damage your devotion to god

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
i'm pretty sure that's come up as well as many more eastern religions also having concepts of other regions inhabited by nonhumans of different kinds

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Spergin Morlock posted:

what if they're djinn?

tbh I don't see how this is less realistic than biblical demons

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

Spergin Morlock posted:

what if they're djinn?

Even better
https://i.imgur.com/KgXZoLy.gifv

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
been a while but i think biblical demons are not usually described in the form of a dude with a goatee & horns type demon or diablo or warhammer. They're like ghosts that can mess with you big time and go into people to remote control them and other rear end in a top hat actions

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

djinn have a lot in common with the greek Daimon, and they're both way more interesting/complete understandings of the same phenomena described in christendom as demon

imo daimons/djinn/whatever you wanna call em are real, and their quality is as varied as it is among humanity.

but i really just can't wait to find out whether or not they're relevant to this discussion lol

Riot Bimbo has issued a correction as of 06:23 on Jun 8, 2023

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
i heard if you live in a house completely alone lillith will sneak in and suck and gently caress u &/or murder your babies while you sleep

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

yeah she does, it's pretty cool

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

SniperWoreConverse posted:

i heard if you live in a house completely alone lillith will sneak in and suck and gently caress u &/or murder your babies while you sleep

If I'm completely alone then there's no babies. Checkmate, Lilith, looks like I'm in the suck n gently caress queue.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
You fool, now when she comes to get down if there's any one else hanging out everybody gets turbo cursed & possibly murdered

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

SniperWoreConverse posted:

it's my partner's first name, so baby killing aside, literally true for me

+1 for riot bimbo

Phlogiston 4 Lyfe
May 13, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Jazerus posted:

vyelkin says yes, post if you want a bird watchers tag and i'll try to figure out the change title screen tomorrow when i'm not sleepy so i don't destroy anyone's av

Hell yeah.
Edit: that'll teach me to not keep up with the thread

Phlogiston 4 Lyfe has issued a correction as of 06:44 on Jun 8, 2023

typhus
Apr 7, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jazerus posted:

vyelkin says yes, post if you want a bird watchers tag and i'll try to figure out the change title screen tomorrow when i'm not sleepy so i don't destroy anyone's av

gently caress yeah bird me pls

edit: poo poo may have missed it

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Should disclose that I saw a weird cluster of lights high in the sky about 20 years ago now. Looked out the window one night and saw them. Maybe seven or eight, really close together, several different colors, and reconfiguring their positions pretty quickly. They were far and high but the way they moved around precluded being attached to a solid structure at least as far as I could see.

The actual flight path itself was less remarkable, it just moved along in a path that seemed to involve increasing altitude, though I can't be sure of that, until it all got occluded by clouds.

Skeptical explanation: one or several human aircraft. Reason I doubt that: Each individual light seemed to be doing its own thing to an extent, though staying around a common center; ie they weren't moving in pairs or anything like wingtip lights would.

Skeptical explanation: Falling debris from a deorbiting satellite. Reason for doubt: The way the lights moved around wasn't consistent with a breaking up vessel, though I suppose if it was several parts falling in a chaotic fashion it's possible. Lights seemed to be, well, lights, rather than being from reentry heating. Objects weren't falling to earth, seems fairly conclusive.

I actually had photos, but I can't find them anymore, the sites I put them on have died or purged my account. Unless I can find the camera and get it working and it still has them, they're lost. They wouldn't convert many though, they were just some colored lights, easy to dismiss as faked or something mundane.

But yeah I believe lol

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Tekne posted:

here's the new segment about the backyard giants who fell from the sky: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oli6Q6y14W8

the video of the object falling is pretty rad with the bluish green hue

after my cigar sighting, im not going to blame the family for not recording the figures if they actually were present in their backyard

grabbing your phone to record or snap photos is the last thing on your mind after encountering something truly shocking

hahahahaha i look away from the thread for one day and what in the gently caress

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/Bp2ZtFp.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/AJSptdw.mp4

Objurium has issued a correction as of 07:42 on Jun 8, 2023

eravulgaris
Jul 7, 2012

Jazerus posted:

ok i've got like a soft limit of 25-ish so five more available after this post

please bird me

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Jazerus posted:

Bird me up please !

You may replace the mayo if necessary.

SpaceGoatFarts has issued a correction as of 08:20 on Jun 8, 2023

typhus
Apr 7, 2004

Fun Shoe

Tekne posted:

here's the new segment about the backyard giants who fell from the sky: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oli6Q6y14W8

the video of the object falling is pretty rad with the bluish green hue

after my cigar sighting, im not going to blame the family for not recording the figures if they actually were present in their backyard

grabbing your phone to record or snap photos is the last thing on your mind after encountering something truly shocking

hahahah what the gently caress man

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

I should have a bird tag, but I'm out of room and all my other tags kick rear end.

If I had to I'd part with Dwarf Fortress but that makes me sad cause dwarves rule. Wish I could just add to my scrolling marquee

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Riot Bimbo posted:

djinn have a lot in common with the greek Daimon, and they're both way more interesting/complete understandings of the same phenomena described in christendom as demon

imo daimons/djinn/whatever you wanna call em are real, and their quality is as varied as it is among humanity.

but i really just can't wait to find out whether or not they're relevant to this discussion lol

i always thought these were human words for forces of nature we dont properly understand.

i would love to talk woo with a proper alien alien, see if the old stories have any common ground

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
At the speed at which things are happening right now I wouldn't be surprised we'll get scientific proof that consciousness survives death and that spirits (and demons and angels) are real and existing in the CPT symetric universe next.

e: basically we discover every conspiracy theory is somewhat true. Aliens have been among us for decades, nazis scientists had saucers and joined the Americans after the war. Bigfoot is a species of alien. Spirits are real and humans can contact them and even bind them through occult rituals, and people around the world are doing it on a regular basis. 9/11 was an inside job to justify more domestic surveillance and destroy evidence of white collar crimes. There is a 12.000 years cycle ending with a cosmic event and many human civilizations were wiped by it in the past.

It's all real. All of it.

SpaceGoatFarts has issued a correction as of 08:29 on Jun 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orbis Tertius
Feb 13, 2007

I would like the bird watchers tag, thank ye