Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

MokBa posted:

I tried SO many things, but it was kind of early into my playthrough so I didn’t have the limitless resources I do now. I’m honestly amazed you pulled it off. I guess the best solution would be a larger floating block in Autobuild (the ones that don’t come in balls) and a bunch of rockets.

I thought I was being clever by attaching rockets/fans/batteries to one of the big floating platforms.

They despawn before they get there. Though I suppose if you had one in autobuild you could build it when the one you're on flashes green.

Fanbike and a couple of full recharges did the job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I snuck all the way inside Hyrule castle to read Zelda’s diary and there’s no loving diary?! 0/10

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

I snuck all the way inside Hyrule castle to read Zelda’s diary and there’s no loving diary?! 0/10

She doesn't live there anymore, she took over the house in Hateno. Make sure you look well.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Ciaphas posted:

i like his design too but also this has been living rent-free in my brain since i first saw it

Yeah that was definitely a moment for me too.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I rank the 'dorfs WW > OoT (psycho spinning face at end) > TotK > TP (who looked good but frankly shouldn't have been tacked onto the game like he was).

If there are others I forget.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7241797945459510574

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Somebody invented a bevel gear

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7241663809985809710

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

RatHat posted:

I think the only purpose of that is to hint you about the shrine in the whirlpool, since jumping into it might be a little un-intuitive and I don't think the sensor would detect the shrine underground

I had a way different approach: I was gliding from the starter sky island and saw the island that holds the glowing rock, then just dropped that down the hole and jumped after it

Peachy Nietzsche
Jul 26, 2007

This thread's like staring into the void.
It is obvious now that the main thing they wanted in BOTW but could not due to the WiiU limitations were the wells and caves. Which was the one thing that disappointed me the most when I played BOTW. Initially when I came to wells I always tried to jump in because I expected there to be underground exploration and every time was bummed out.

The problem I have now is that in TOTK the wells and caves are nice to have but are mostly overshadowed by the sky islands and the depths. It would be so much cooler if there was no need for the chasms and that the wells / caves just opened up into the depths. I know there a couple of caves with chasm openings but I am talking about just suddenly you come to an opening and there is a massive drop.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Best vehicle I’ve seen in this game all week, maybe ever

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7237600020520946990

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jun 8, 2023

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
debating if I need to get every lightroot and/or kill all the gleeoks at least once before I run for hyrule castle and finish the game

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Peachy Nietzsche posted:

It would be so much cooler if there was no need for the chasms and that the wells / caves just opened up into the depths. I know there a couple of caves with chasm openings but I am talking about just suddenly you come to an opening and there is a massive drop.

There's at least one well that does exactly this. it's the one conspicuously covered in gloom

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

debating if I need to get every lightroot and/or kill all the gleeoks at least once before I run for hyrule castle and finish the game

just finished the ice gleeok. intense fight.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Steve Yun posted:

Is fusing my shields with another shield making them less durable or does skateboarding really shred shields in general

I think the thing to do right now is fuse frozen steak type meats (prime etc) to it for maximum surf durability.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
The big black horse with red hair from BotW is Ganon’s horse, based on one of the cut scenes. Or I guess based on the timeline, it is the great-great-great-great-great grand horse of Ganon’s horse. Im not sure how long horses live

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Slowpoke! posted:

The big black horse with red hair from BotW is Ganon’s horse, based on one of the cut scenes. Or I guess based on the timeline, it is the great-great-great-great-great grand horse of Ganon’s horse. Im not sure how long horses live

They usually live about an hour

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
poor Freckles, thought about Ultrahand and died

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I've only realised it late but it owns how recall sequence breaks so many puzzles. Just steamrolling past all the balls and gizmos I'm meant to use.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I remember from trailers one of the things they specifically said was "Rewind rocks that fall from the sky to find sky islands" but every time I've tried I've just never had enough rewind to be able to get back up to wherever they fell from. Is there a power upgrade later or something that lets me rewind further or is that just a thing that doesn't happen?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Pierson posted:

I remember from trailers one of the things they specifically said was "Rewind rocks that fall from the sky to find sky islands" but every time I've tried I've just never had enough rewind to be able to get back up to wherever they fell from. Is there a power upgrade later or something that lets me rewind further or is that just a thing that doesn't happen?

No, you’re not crazy, the falling rocks just tend to come from nowhere and go nowhere. It’s rare for one of them to actually connect to an island; I think instead the intention is to ride one up and then paraglide to an island.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Any surprising high damage environmental attachments (ie, ones you cant put in your inventory)? The highest I've found is the gerudo village seal statue gives +10.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
The preview stuff definitely made it seem like the rocks would go back up to sky islands, and that was a way to get there, but maybe that was a way of concealing how important vehicles would be.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

No Wave posted:

Any surprising high damage environmental attachments (ie, ones you cant put in your inventory)? The highest I've found is the gerudo village seal statue gives +10.

What?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Hit Fuse at random times to check if you can bolt random things to a stick

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I fused a bookcase to a sword once. It didn't increase the attack power much, but it looked ridiculous and that's all that matters.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The spiked balls in domains are +10 or so, but it doesnt look like environmental attaches go much higher than that. Really early on the bones on death mountain giving +7 was kinda nice too cause theyre everywhere.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
I’m fusing good shields to good shields now because I ran out of spots and getting koroks to get more slots and then going to tarrey town to split them apart lol.

Between amiibos, hyrule castle looting, and lynels, I need more slots. That’s the bigger issue to me then durability.

Hudson needs to build me a proper armory.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Oh good, I found Bolson. I was worrying about him.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Pierson posted:

Elevation coloring on the sky island map will tell you if it goes all the way up. If you're about sea level and the sky islands directly above you are lighter in color, at best you've got an elevator to better glide around the overworld. If there are little groups of dark brown tiny, tiny sky islands above you with no major islands around them l, then the rock will likely take you straight up to it. 2 examples I can think of where the rocks will take you straight to a low-flying sky island: all around Death Mountain Crater and the two islands that have a railcar rail directly above Hebra Plunge

It's often just zonaite weapons or devices, much like the tall pillars/tall pillar-like chunks of ruins/the zonaite ruins with 4 tall legs hiding a chest in the center of them, but it's neat!

bawk fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jun 8, 2023

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Peachy Nietzsche posted:

It is obvious now that the main thing they wanted in BOTW but could not due to the WiiU limitations were the wells and caves. Which was the one thing that disappointed me the most when I played BOTW. Initially when I came to wells I always tried to jump in because I expected there to be underground exploration and every time was bummed out.

The problem I have now is that in TOTK the wells and caves are nice to have but are mostly overshadowed by the sky islands and the depths. It would be so much cooler if there was no need for the chasms and that the wells / caves just opened up into the depths. I know there a couple of caves with chasm openings but I am talking about just suddenly you come to an opening and there is a massive drop.

Absolutely disagree. The colossal amount of new content and the ridiculous density of it all makes the Surfac still the most interesting map to explore. Wells are usually just a 30 second detour but it’s insane how varied Caves are.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

ROFL Octopus posted:

Absolutely disagree. The colossal amount of new content and the ridiculous density of it all makes the Surfac still the most interesting map to explore. Wells are usually just a 30 second detour but it’s insane how varied Caves are.

I've got 20 caves left to find but all shrines completed and caves are absolutely more interesting, especially since a good chunk of shrines in caves ended up being blessing shrines after a cave puzzle/fight anyway

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i like how varied the wells are. the fact that some of them are just two minute caves with a couple ore deposits and some of them just keep going and going mean you never know what you're going to get

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

ROFL Octopus posted:

As well as where they let you pop up - I found one in Akkala that let me ascend into the labyrinth's old basement. Where I got chased around by hands, but those fuckers seem to be following me round now; I ran into them by some random owl statue near Floria for some reason. Thought I'd found a new chasm, then it boiled over and shrieked at me...

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Runcible Cat posted:

As well as where they let you pop up - I found one in Akkala that let me ascend into the labyrinth's old basement. Where I got chased around by hands, but those fuckers seem to be following me round now; I ran into them by some random owl statue near Floria for some reason. Thought I'd found a new chasm, then it boiled over and shrieked at me...

If it's the one I'm thinking of, there's a funny story behind that one

Hearty Durians were an extremely broken item in BOTW, as they gave good health boosts like radishes in TOTK, and they were in large supply around Faron/Floria. One spot in particular was a well-known farming spot for durian, especially early on when bonus hearts were a huge boon

If you were a BOTW power player returning to that spot ASAP in TOTK, you found out 1: No Durians and 2: There's something worse than Guardians in this one :buddy:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Durians legitimately ruined cooking for me in BotW I straight up forgot how to do it. TotK I'm still pretty lazy so I leave shrines uncompleted to use them for health replenishment when I'm low to supplement my low food supplies.

Is there a food meta in TotK? Tomatoes and golden apples seem good but they're hard to come by. The apple orchard carried me for all of early game but I'm too lazy to cook apple dishes forever.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

No Wave posted:

Durians legitimately ruined cooking for me in BotW I straight up forgot how to do it. TotK I'm still pretty lazy so I leave shrines uncompleted to use them for health replenishment when I'm low to supplement my low food supplies.

Is there a food meta in TotK? Tomatoes and golden apples seem good but they're hard to come by.

golden apples make any dish you cook a critical cook. So just eating them is kind of a waste.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

CainFortea posted:

golden apples make any dish you cook a critical cook. So just eating them is kind of a waste.
I meant I was looking for easily farmable ingredients for cooking to fill out the heart value of dishes to >10. Although I didnt understand thats how golden apples worked or that critical cook was even a thing so ty.

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

zelda inventory: hey I know the last time you were in here you changed your pants but you picked up an apple 15 minutes ago so clearly that must be what you're in here for, here you go
me: no, I'm going back to the pants
zelda inventory: ok that's cool but I saved the cursor position from the food menu and moved it on the clothing menu too for absolutely no reason. you're welcome!!!!

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
This water temple boss is super unfun to fight. It feels like it's badly missing a hokshot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

No Wave posted:

Tomatoes and golden apples seem good but they're hard to come by. The apple orchard carried me for all of early game but I'm too lazy to cook apple dishes forever.

Golden apples are rare, yeah, but tomatoes are all over the place near Kakariko and Hateno.

As for a food meta... Hearty ingredients are rarer in this game but they work the same as in BotW so the laziest way to fully restore a lot of hearts is still to cook one hearty ingredient.