Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

Can we just take a moment to appreciate how much Alex must have had to practice that routine to get it spot on every time, over multiple days of filming!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Catzilla posted:

Can we just take a moment to appreciate how much Alex must have had to practice that routine to get it spot on every time, over multiple days of filming!

And he still looked like a loving weirdo eating that banana.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I mean, he was definitely cued by his earpiece or something right?

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Unless I missed something really obvious like a visible earpiece there's probably no earpieces in the location records, it's not really a thing that's done. Usually live or studio work requires it because a director or producer are talking to you in the only way they can.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
“Can you get money back from Eton?”
“I didn’t know you’d been in my dad’s search history.”

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

One of the top 3 studio dialogues ever.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

My Lovely Horse posted:

One of the top 3 studio dialogues ever.

"You couldn't just shut the gently caress up?" Is better because it was clear that it came from the heart.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
This was the season with the best studio banter.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I don't like that there were a lot of times Greg seemed to rule just to annoy Kiell, but on the other hand I can completely understand why he did it.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

I finally got around to watching Ghosts thanks to this season, it's excellent.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Finally got around to watching the final episode, and I have to say for me this was a dud of a season and possibly my least favorite of them all.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

I can't see putting it worse than 3, 6, or 8 for me. It's definitely bottom half though.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

DurosKlav posted:

Finally got around to watching the final episode, and I have to say for me this was a dud of a season and possibly my least favorite of them all.

With you on this, even if I thought the last two episodes were actually decent.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

points-wise i thought it was boring. but i loved the banter and BRACE BRACE

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's still in top 10 for me!

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I liked it overall, mostly thanks to (against my initial expectations) Frankie. Some of the tasks were complete duds but all in all I definitely enjoyed it more than, say, 13.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

it's definitely one of my top 15 Taskmaster series

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I really liked s15. It isn't in my top three (13, 7, 5) but it's in my top half. The studio banter was fantastic, and it's one of the rare seasons where I loved everyone. A couple of the tasks were... ehhhhh, whatever, but overall I had a great time.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’m 3 eps into S11 and woof, this is… not great.

Jamali looks like if they said ‘do you want to go home now?’ he’d be off in seconds.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Of the Covid seasons, 11 was my favorite I think. And for Jamali, his storyline was less "he doesn't want to be there" and more "he doesn't want to deal with Alex" which is a meaningful and funny distinction.

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Yeah if it helps he absolutely loved the show and said so on the podcast.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??
Season 11 was great for me, stick with it.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I think this season they were lucky they had the cast they did because a lot of tasks fell flat for me. A few in particular felt like they would have ended up on the cutting room floor if it wasn't for at least one person's out of box effort. Usually Jenny or Ivo.

I don't think there's really any rewatchability with this one. I'm not going to rag on Mae, but in the task where they have to write the song, Mae chooses the profession they think will get them the win, while Frankie picks a dog walker in the earnest hope he might get to meet a dog. We can call it the Russell Howard problem.

Lastly, it would have been a much more interesting season if there wasn't that huge point lead early on and if there wasn't so many 3 vs 2 tasks.

DrVenkman fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Jun 12, 2023

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Yeah, I think that early point bonanza didn't help-- I agree Mae's focus and competence would have been a lot more interesting if they hadn't gotten such a massive lead so soon. I don't think there's anything wrong with having someone play taskmaster to win, but it does want some tension to it.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I do agree with the general sentiment that the tasks were kind of weak this season but I also feel like the Frankie and Ivo team is my favorite pairing that's ever been on the show.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

DrVenkman posted:

I think this season they were lucky they had the cast they did because a lot of tasks fell flat for me. A few in particular felt like they would have ended up on the cutting room floor if it wasn't for at least one person's out of box effort. Usually Jenny or Ivo.

I definitely remember being bored to tears on the pulper wheel task. If Ivo didn't move the spot, it would have unairable.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

But what's a pulper????????????????

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

I enjoyed Jenny just losing it and screaming "gently caress IT! PULP THE EGG! PULP THE STUPID EGG!!"

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Ivo and Frankie have what's got to be some of the best in-studio banter out of any contestant on the show, and Jenny is an all-timer in the tasks. In a couple tasks she gives off david correos energy, something we can only pray we see the likes of again.

neongrey posted:

Also, second half of the outtakes dropped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogGPLmgthUY

Frankie chimes in twice and both times it's brilliant. "Take it you bitch", and "All you're gonna see is my burning face" just kill.

Series was great, just had the same problem of the last one where someone won right away and it was the very competent one and not the more silly, and in this situation more entertaining, contestants.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jun 13, 2023

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
You just couldn't shut the gently caress up, could you?

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??
If they ever get to the end of 25 seasons and somehow do a champion of champions of champions, it will just be 5 rather boring but witty and nice people.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

The winner of champy champy champy gets a golden Alex trophy. It’s actually Alex himself painted gold.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Felt bad for being so down on Mae Martin, so checked out their stand up special on Netflix. It's great!

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Felt bad for being so down on Mae Martin, so checked out their stand up special on Netflix. It's great!

The TV show they did was good too, it was literally Feel Good.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah Feel Good was sick. Also stars Charlotte Ritchie!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah Feel Good was sick. Also stars Charlotte Ritchie!

Charlotte Ritchie has in-character dated two of the contestants from this season. Which doesn't really mean anything but it's a funny coincidence.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I caught up like a third of the way through series 15. I really enjoyed it so I'm going back and bingeing through all the old series in order.

It seems like most series have an obvious winner that's Witty and Nice. It also helps that I watch QI, so I actually recognize a contestant or two on each series.

I knew about Greg Davies, but Alex Horne is a treat.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Jehde posted:

I caught up like a third of the way through series 15. I really enjoyed it so I'm going back and bingeing through all the old series in order.

It seems like most series have an obvious winner that's Witty and Nice. It also helps that I watch QI, so I actually recognize a contestant or two on each series.

I knew about Greg Davies, but Alex Horne is a treat.

You should watch series 12, which has everyone's favorite QI panelist and also the most carefully planned act of passive-aggression ever enacted against him.

Leraika fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jun 13, 2023

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Leraika posted:

You should watch series 12, which has everyone's favorite QI panelist and also the most carefully planned act of passive-aggression ever enacted against him.

i developed a crush on the person who perpetrated that one immediately when they did it, and they were already delightful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Is this about the football ticket? That scene is just beautiful.