Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Haifisch posted:

Maybe Peter would be happier if he was more willing to attend to his social life sometimes.

*Spidey crosses the street without using a designated crossing*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

What's even the hurry? It's not like he's under some big time restraint, and we find out over the next couple of strips that he doesn't even have any ideas about what he should be doing.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Vigilantism is a crime, Peter.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

It's the Crimson Cloak right there!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Are we actually going lower on power levels than Blue "suction cups" Fly

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

MorningMoon posted:

Crimson cloak does have super strength, so I would say they have one up on a guy who's only powers are gloves that work via child logic.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gayle.... didn't invite you to the party.... it was a work gig, you were sent by your employer.... :confused:

Unless I'm misremembering, which is possible, I might be as stupid as Peter!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Ikasuhito posted:

Crimson cloak does have super strength, so I would say they have one up on a guy who's only powers are gloves that work via child logic.

You're right; I forgot they bent steel bars

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Jerusalem posted:

Gayle.... didn't invite you to the party.... it was a work gig, you were sent by your employer.... :confused:

You remembered right; it was direct orders from Jameson:

Peter himself remembered it just yesterday but forgot already. :spidey:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Good Lord, Peter :lol:

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Jerusalem posted:

No, Gayle was invited:

Peter had to be ordered to go along as her +1.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

MorningMoon posted:

do not besmirch the power of Dollar General Doom!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Peter you could put on a different suit for this one

Never mind, I see you have the sinister shadows in your face, clearly you're not listening.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Murdstone posted:

It's the Crimson Cloak right there!

Strawberry shortcake? I’m not sure this metaphor is as flattering as you think it is.

davidspackage posted:

Never mind, I see you have the sinister shadows in your face, clearly you're not listening.

Maybe a completely black suit with a white spider?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

davidspackage posted:

Well the Blue Fly ran around doing crimes and people thought it was Spider-Man, so maybe if Spider-Man goes around doing crimes they'll think "That can't be Spider-Man it must be someone else."

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Murdstone posted:

Well the Blue Fly ran around doing crimes and people thought it was Spider-Man, so maybe if Spider-Man goes around doing crimes they'll think "That can't be Spider-Man it must be someone else."

:hmmyes: brilliant. Jonah will fall for it hook, line and sinker.

Work on your oneliners, Cloak. It would've made more sense if you'd said "The Crimson Cloak is nobody!"

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I like that in these comics, the rich people are always the ones defending their fortunes directly instead of the hired help.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well he could call his butler, but that's who he is fighting.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Bitch slapped!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

"Huh, that's weird." *Goes back to bed*

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MJ: See honey, if you'd been there, it would have been you getting your rear end mercilessly kicked and suffering horrific head injuries!
Peter: ..... God I miss it so much ......

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Crimson Cloak posted:

げー、 キングクリムゾン!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I never thought about it but Spider-Man would be a really annoying roommate.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'm usually very pro Peter just walking on the walls for no reason, but this one's loving nuts. There's no way whatever the gently caress he's doing in panel 2 is easier than just getting on your tiptoes for that cereal, and how the gently caress does he go for pouring cereal while planking instead of like turning back??

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

MorningMoon posted:

I'm usually very pro Peter just walking on the walls for no reason, but this one's loving nuts. There's no way whatever the gently caress he's doing in panel 2 is easier than just getting on your tiptoes for that cereal, and how the gently caress does he go for pouring cereal while planking instead of like turning back??

The undrawn last panel to that comic is Peter trying to come down and just faceplanting super hard into his cereal.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The face in that last panel is very much a,"drat dude, that's pretty loving racist" face.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

MorningMoon posted:

At that point he's just showing off.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I’m not sure how happy I’d be having his feet all over the counter and kitchen walls. Doesn’t feel very hygienic.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

It's super loving gross, and wouldn't be much better with shoes on. I'd put a stopper to that real fast.

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jun 7, 2023

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"How can I avoid anybody getting hurt? I've got it! By robbing a place packed with lots of innocent bystanders!"

There's gotta be at least like.... 7 Uncles in that crowd too!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That's called networking Peter, she's clearly actually competent at her job, how can you not see tha.... oh.... oh right. :sweatdrop:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even if he stole the giant unique diamond ornament, how does he expect to fence it? he doesn't know anything about that, or know anything in general.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
I remember reading an old Human Torch story about that. A standard-issue Disgruntled Scientist decides to turn to crime, and immediately starts fantasizing about all the cool crime inventions he's going to come up with and the fortune he's going to make off it. He then tries his hand at some light burglary and fumbles immediately because he doesn't know how to deal with a burglar alarm.

He realizes he needs the help of experienced criminals to teach him the basics, but after the approach of walking into a seedy bar and going 'How do you do fellow criminals, would you like to do crime together' fails, he decides on an even better plan: dress up in an asbestos suit with an asbestos lasso and challenge the Human Torch to a fight, on the basis that once he wins he'll have successfully established his criminal credentials well enough that goons will be lining up in droves to work under him.

Not a high bar to clear, but I expect NSM to trip over it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Later that science criminal would develop lung cancer from all the asbestos fibres. :(