Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

It's all real. All of it.

Ah, a Deus Ex player :hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Ms Adequate posted:

Ah, a Deus Ex player :hmmyes:

It was a documentary goddammit

eravulgaris
Jul 7, 2012

Man, I'm not getting any work done these past few days.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Rest assured that open membership in the galactic federation will NOT exempt you from work

eravulgaris
Jul 7, 2012

Can I upgrade my membership to a premium one? Exempting me from work and providing me with some special perks?

Lokar
Mar 10, 2006

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

It's all real. All of it.

This is where I'm at... my conclusion today is to restart doing intense metta meditation, as if we are all connected as one divine consciousness, gently caress it let's go.

Also I'm lazy and I can do it on my couch next my cat which is cozy, and perhaps the aliens will be kinder and gives us their secrets in exchange for crispy pancakes.

I love you all, may you be happy and free from worry.

Lokar has issued a correction as of 09:16 on Jun 8, 2023

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Orbis Tertius posted:

I would like the bird watchers tag, thank ye

yes pls

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I bet aliens have trash art though

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

what do you think the alien tom cruise is like?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Google Butt posted:

Tom Cruise is an alien. He's OT8

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Google Butt posted:

Slightly taller

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?
They look like monsters to you?

Yes please to a bird watchers tag so I can hang with my cool thread friends.

Edit: too late.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
Just came across the Cosmic death fungus theory & it's my new fave

Andy Pandy
Dec 11, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'd like to say that whatever information comes out in the next few days/weeks/months, it has been an honour posting in this thread with you all. I hope with all of my heart we can keep level heads and not succumb to fear, anger and violence.

Love and light x

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Jazerus posted:

vyelkin says yes, post if you want a bird watchers tag and i'll try to figure out the change title screen tomorrow when i'm not sleepy so i don't destroy anyone's av

Oh please yes! I've really missed mine ever since some d&d dumbfuck changed my av

EDIT ah dang it, missed the cut-off. Curse my stupid timezone!!!

Barry Foster has issued a correction as of 11:10 on Jun 8, 2023

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

calling the cops on some giant aliens doesn’t sound like a good idea in hindsight, that’s a good way to start an interstellar incident. we have to take that poo poo seriously now.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

really though, the last few days have seriously made me re-evaluate my fear of aliens. if i saw one wandering around in my backyard i would still be frightened but i feel more willing now to put aside my fear of the unknown and at least try to let him know i don’t mean any harm. if they’ve studied our behavior they’re probably more afraid of us than we are of them. i had sleepless nights as a child worrying about a grey watching me through a window but it’s an irrational fear. it has been a lifelong struggle between intense interest of extraterrestrials and being scared of them. the intense interest is starting to override.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

Seeing how they eat loosh you can probably beat them by taking mdma

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
not me! i'd beat his loving brains out!! while hooting!

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Space Jam posted:

really though, the last few days have seriously made me re-evaluate my fear of aliens. if i saw one wandering around in my backyard i would still be frightened but i feel more willing now to put aside my fear of the unknown and at least try to let him know i don’t mean any harm. if they’ve studied our behavior they’re probably more afraid of us than we are of them. i had sleepless nights as a child worrying about a grey watching me through a window but it’s an irrational fear. it has been a lifelong struggle between intense interest of extraterrestrials and being scared of them. the intense interest is starting to override.

Apparently you can make them go away by shouting "the power of Christ compels you!"

They immediately roll their eyes and walk away sighing

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Ive been training my whole life to punch a grey in its stupid fuckin face

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Space Jam posted:

i would make them a simple cheese and cucumber sandwich and put on some sabbath and if im not vaporised gain a friend

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Sleekly posted:

i would make them a simple cheese and cucumber sandwich and put on some sabbath and if im not vaporised gain a friend

You'd be riskin' a vaporisin' if I was a peanutty and you offered me a cucumber sandwich, c'mon son

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

So in the past few years some of the pop science/podcast/race science guys like Sam Harris and Eric Weinstein said they got approached for disclosure, told crazy stuff, and had evidence promised but pulled over and over until they were like naw gently caress this.

I would bet that this new push is driven by the exact same people except they're going straight to journalists and media outlets this time. It's the pro-disclosure faction in the government making their move, probably in response to AARO being at best useless and at worst another part of the cover up.

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

Jazerus posted:

vyelkin says yes, post if you want a bird watchers tag and i'll try to figure out the change title screen tomorrow when i'm not sleepy so i don't destroy anyone's av

I'll take one

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

i was my browsing r/ufos and the thumbnail for this terence mckenna video is literally my bird: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrgveoEVuq4

these cigars even have the huge rectangular lights tho the one i saw didn't have those thin lit segments depicted here

asides from that, it's right on and the left one is about as close in perspective as my sighting but with the orientation of the right cylinder and emerging from the bottom of thick clouds over a refinery

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Barry Foster posted:

You'd be riskin' a vaporisin' if I was a peanutty and you offered me a cucumber sandwich, c'mon son

u gotta start welcoming but bland, if thay goes well its onto the curries

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

also i assume a long spaceflight requires a serious hangover ergo cucumber sanger

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

in most of the country, crash landing in a back yard would get u filled full of lead. they really should be more careful..

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

They landed in Florida because woke is banned

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Tekne posted:

i was my browsing r/ufos and the thumbnail for this terence mckenna video is literally my bird: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrgveoEVuq4

these cigars even have the huge rectangular lights tho the one i saw didn't have those thin lit segments depicted here

asides from that, it's right on and the left one is about as close in perspective as my sighting but with the orientation of the right cylinder and emerging from the bottom of thick clouds over a refinery

This is awesome! I struggle to imagine how mindblowing that must've been. Also gj universe synchronicitizing things up for ya

Sleekly posted:

also i assume a long spaceflight requires a serious hangover ergo cucumber sanger

I would respectfully suggest a fried egg sandwich in this case, though they may admittedly take offence (cooked avian ovum?? These apes are savages!!!)

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

it was very shocking in a "this can't be happening sort of way" and i was more freaked out than awed at first

seeing it again depicted accurately is truly a moment

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
we always assume aliens are gonna be weirded out by eating meat but what if their planet is only meat and they think salads are a moral perversion

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
like their planet is made of meat?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

spacemang_spliff posted:

like their planet is made of meat?

well i was thinking more along the lines of meat lovers central where only meat evolved but sure that too i guess

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

yeah but they are allergic to it like we cant drink all that ocean water

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

that planet would smell so funky

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

mediaphage posted:

we always assume aliens are gonna be weirded out by eating meat but what if their planet is only meat and they think salads are a moral perversion

their olive branch to us will be a gift of meat trees

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

my bony fealty posted:

until Grusch has been on at least 5 UFO podcasts, I dont want to hear him compared to Lue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
a giant heart core pumping oceans of oily blood through a circulatory system of caves