Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Look at this privileged rear end jump-in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Also, :can: has anyone noticed in World Tour mode that there's multiple separate instances of an NPC describing some horrific component of modern-day life (examples off the top of my head: private military contractors, drone warfare) and then saying something almost exactly like Well its not up to us to decide whether thats good or bad, its just the way it is. Kind of weird. And now I'm in Nayshall and there's enemy mobs called Galumphing Globalists.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

net cafe scandal posted:

Also, :can: has anyone noticed in World Tour mode that there's multiple separate instances of an NPC describing some horrific component of modern-day life (examples off the top of my head: private military contractors, drone warfare) and then saying something almost exactly like Well its not up to us to decide whether thats good or bad, its just the way it is. Kind of weird. And now I'm in Nayshall and there's enemy mobs called Galumphing Globalists.

Well, the main villain of World Tour runs a NGO so they definitely had a message they wanted to drop in. :D

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

man nurse posted:

Scariest people for me to fight as Cammy: Zangief, Manon, Marisa

And I see more of these than I do Ken or Ryu!

I feel like if I let any of them land like three attacks on me I’m basically done.

The only matchup as Juri I'm legit annoyed when I see is JP. Everyone else feels like standard things I can deal with. JP is just a menace, why did they give the zoner a DP that not only resets to neutral, it immediately puts him on the offensive and offers like 3 different mix opportunities. Psychotic poo poo

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

if you read the prologue comix, jp is literally a crypto scammer who is bamboozling ken into funding his libertarian Content Utopia by getting him to invest his foundation's money in worthless tech "infrastructure" within a newly founded/third world nation and then setting him up to steal all of the invested money through manipulating the crypto market through the context of all the fights in the game (JP's big fighting tournament)

the second layer is that it's all deliberately designed to fail so he sets up prop fake tech boom economies in struggling nations to create mega suffering through debt prisons etc

he is hilariously modern as a villain and it rules that he's m. bison's 'teacher/master' and maybe the source of psycho power??

like, he's basically g's rival at a large scale

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

I feel kind of paralysed by ken as deejay. All his buttons are beating mine im like ahhh

Ken is dope in this game which feels like a very criminal move by Capcom.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I’m only on chapter 12 but the nayshall plot seems pretty pointedly about neo-imperialism. The guy who lets you into the lowlands says “yknow, maybe it’s just me… but I don’t think it’s cool to meddle in the affairs of other countries like it’s some sort game.”

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

The only matchup as Juri I'm legit annoyed when I see is JP. Everyone else feels like standard things I can deal with. JP is just a menace, why did they give the zoner a DP that not only resets to neutral, it immediately puts him on the offensive and offers like 3 different mix opportunities. Psychotic poo poo

Play deejay and just double fireball all the projectiles and sway through the grab (note: i cant actually do this more than like 1 time before being owned)

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Vermain posted:

if you die once during it, luke also gives some sound advice: you can keep him around the middle of the stage, wait out the 5 slashes, and then punish him immediately after the last one finishes, which is what i ended up doing. this works good for the andore family too, where you can just kinda hover around waiting for their command grab, jump over them, and then either throw or combo them yourself

Yeah, that’s the intended way to play it, but hitting him for 3500 or whatever every time he tries without even getting out of the way of it is even better lol

stratego
May 6, 2007

I think this game is great, but the sound track sucks.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Fereydun posted:

if you read the prologue comix, jp is literally a crypto scammer who is bamboozling ken into funding his libertarian Content Utopia by getting him to invest his foundation's money in worthless tech "infrastructure" within a newly founded/third world nation and then setting him up to steal all of the invested money through manipulating the crypto market through the context of all the fights in the game (JP's big fighting tournament)

the second layer is that it's all deliberately designed to fail so he sets up prop fake tech boom economies in struggling nations to create mega suffering through debt prisons etc

he is hilariously modern as a villain and it rules that he's m. bison's 'teacher/master' and maybe the source of psycho power??

He's definitely, from my newcomers perspective, the only cool villain in SF besides Juri. I dont know if Akuma counts.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Fereydun posted:

this is shockingly realistic

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I knew the pixelated apes ruined lives on an individual level but on a global scale!?

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

stratego posted:

Never have I seen someone so wrong

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

net cafe scandal posted:

He's definitely, from my newcomers perspective, the only cool villain in SF besides Juri. I dont know if Akuma counts.

That the villain is a zone control guy with two hundred different fireballs is like... yeah nailed what a villain is

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Khizan posted:

Got this a few days ago and I've been having a ton of fun with it, using the modern controls because I'm old and haven't played a street fighter game since SF2.

My one problem is my PS5 controller. The d-pad is the four-button thing without a real diagonal, and the throw distance on the stick is so far that it gives me trouble. Is there a good option for a PS5 controller that's got a shorter throw distance on the stick and/or a decent dpad?
Wanted to bump this question because I'm in need of one too. Plus the D-pad is hurting my old man thumb :(

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

kingcobweb posted:

Wanted to bump this question because I'm in need of one too. Plus the D-pad is hurting my old man thumb :(

https://stores.horiusa.com/fighting-commander-octa-for-playstation-5/

https://pdp.com/products/ps5-pc-victrix-pro-bfg-controller

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

kingcobweb posted:

The Hori Octa has probably the best controller analog stick I've ever used for fighters. Higher tension, short throw, and the octagonal gate is really helpful though doing dash inputs is still about as hard as any stick.

But the d-pad is pretty poo poo imo and I'd avoid it if you had any intention of using it. It's super stiff, shallow and has a hard time getting diagonal inputs despite being a disc on a pivot. Face buttons are mouse click-switches which sound nice, but they don't really have any travel to them which is probably a preference thing.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

stratego posted:

I guess music taste is really subjective but I really really dont understand people like you. Its soooooo good dude.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I have lost to aprox. 8,000 modern Juris

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Fereydun posted:

JP is the Gouken of Bison?

Honestly the fact that M. Bison of all God drat people has a loving Frieza level threat behind him is terrifying

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

stratego posted:

absolutely agree and you're nowhere near the first person to say it

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

JP is the Gouken of Bison?

Honestly the fact that M. Bison of all God drat people has a loving Frieza level threat behind him is terrifying

I'm pretty sure in the post-WT stuff, JP says he was just Bison's accountant and took on psycho power as a way to see the world the way Bison saw it. In the enrollment cutscene he intimates he's not totally adept at using it, or at least giving it to other people. But he also seems like a pathological liar.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

stratego posted:

Some of the songs have grown on me. But yeah overall it's pretty average.
They could slap the original super turbo soundtrack in their as dlc and I'd happily pay it.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

The guy on the cover is trying to clean up the image of private military contractors by teaching people how to fight.

TGLT posted:

I'm pretty sure in the post-WT stuff, JP says he was just Bison's accountant and took on psycho power as a way to see the world the way Bison saw it. In the enrollment cutscene he intimates he's not totally adept at using it, or at least giving it to other people. But he also seems like a pathological liar.

Talk to him and he's like "I believe humanity is naturally good." "I'm just a guy doing his best." "I'm a pretty good fighter but not like final boss material or anything." "I knew about the bomb thats why I armed it and gave it to the child." Ending kinda sucked imo but I can't hate JP.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

The world map guy rapping about potions rules

stratego
May 6, 2007

For the record - I thought SF5's sound track was A-OK, but I didn't care for the game at launch and got turned off from SF. I played a million hours of SF4 and it grew on me, I became fond of certain tracks, but it could be hit or miss. I thought SFxT was pretty great for its soundtrack, but not great at everything else. And not bad enough to be so-bad-its-good.
SF6 is at the bottom of the pile currently. But I feel like if they made a Super SF6 with some remixes they could possibly be bangers. Its just so... pedestrian or bland to me.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SF6 soundtrack is okay but it doesn't hold up compared to SFV masterpieces like this one.

https://youtu.be/uvDCciuBRpc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's just kinda boring. I tune out of all FG soundtracks though and should just become a in-game mute + Spotify gamer.

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike had the best soundtrack, imo.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
6's soundtrack is really hit or miss IMO. Most of the character themes are kinda dull, but Genbu Temple, Fete Foraine, the hub music all go pretty hard. There's some others I'm forgetting too.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i want the tetris effect guy to make a fighter with music the two players create by fighting

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

:hellyeah:

I haven't messed around with the hitbox viewer yet, was it easy to setup?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Jamie's and Manon's themes are good, and generally the soundtrack as a whole grows on me as I hear it, but it's definitely a different tone than prior games' and intentionally pretty unobtrusive. That said, give us the SF5 and SF4 soundtracks as options in the future, capcom. I want the best track they've ever made back.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

TGLT posted:

iirc he says he was bisons accountant and that there's no real reason for am accountant to be strong and then follows with saying he obtained psycho power but bison hella isn't the type to share and jp shows way way more mastery over it than bison - he just doesn't have any interest in fighting. iirc the way he talks about bison in one of his unvoiced dialogues he explicitly says he wouldn't really consider bison a "student" of his despite being the source of where bison got psycho power from

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

chumbler posted:

Jamie's and Manon's themes are good, and generally the soundtrack as a whole grows on me as I hear it, but it's definitely a different tone than prior games' and intentionally pretty unobtrusive. That said, give us the SF5 and SF4 soundtracks as options in the future, capcom. I want the best track they've ever made back.
SF4 soundtrack was mostly electric sludge but when it hit, it really hit

https://youtu.be/W2nSGvzIdoY

SF6 soundtrack is pretty, pretty good imo and I respect the hell out of them for including barely a single bar of any classic SF song - I think the composers would have gone insane if they’d been asked to find yet another way to remix Mighty Wings. Also it’s just plain nice that characters like Deejay and Blanka finally have theme songs that represent the sound of music from their region rather than some stupid cheesy riff

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
So are these going to be costumes in 6 as well?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I was so loving confused at Robo-Ryu during that trailer lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trucker Hat
Jul 25, 2021
Is there an unofficial SA club yet for Battle Hub? I don't even know how to join a club, but there's an achievement for it so if I'm gonna join one, it may as well be with you fine folks.